String freeze for Thunderbird 3.1 beta1 is today

Simon Paquet

Feb 23, 2010, 12:33:54 PM2/23/10
Hi guys,

I just wanted to remind everyone that today, Tuesday February 23 at
23:59 PST[1], the string freeze for Thunderbird 3.1 beta1 will go
into effect.

We are planning[2] to accept sign-ins up until Monday March 1 pacific
time[3]. Please use the new sign-in functionality[4] in the l10n
dashboard to become part of this release.

Cya
Simon

[1]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=2&day=23&year=2010&hour=23&min=59&sec=0&p1=256
[2] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Thunderbird_3.1b1
[3]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=1&year=2010&hour=23&min=59&sec=0&p1=256
[4]
http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com/2010/02/death-of-opt-in-threads-is-imminent.html

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog: http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com

Tim Chien (MozTW)

Feb 24, 2010, 12:40:50 AM2/24/10
to Simon Paquet, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Simon,

How long will the new revision come up on l10n-stage-sj.mozilla.org?
Seems it's not as fast as l10n.mozilla.org and I cannot sign-off
translation submitted 1hr ago.

Tim

Axel Hecht

Feb 24, 2010, 1:50:09 AM2/24/10
On 24.02.10 11:10, Tim Chien (MozTW) wrote:
> Simon,
>
> How long will the new revision come up on l10n-stage-sj.mozilla.org?
> Seems it's not as fast as l10n.mozilla.org and I cannot sign-off
> translation submitted 1hr ago.

There was a hickup on the buildbot there, restarted, should picking up
stuff now.

Axel

Axel Hecht

Feb 24, 2010, 2:21:11 AM2/24/10
This went really funky, and I'm now regenerating the tb builds for
comm-central.

If there's more that I should kick, please let me know

Axel

Simon Paquet

Feb 24, 2010, 10:50:26 AM2/24/10
Simon Paquet wrote on 23. Feb 2010:

> Hi guys,
>
> I just wanted to remind everyone that today, Tuesday February 23 at
> 23:59 PST[1], the string freeze for Thunderbird 3.1 beta1 will go
> into effect.
>
> We are planning[2] to accept sign-ins up until Monday March 1 pacific
> time[3]. Please use the new sign-in functionality[4] in the l10n
> dashboard to become part of this release.

I went through the new dashboard today and rejected lots of sign-in
requests or old sign-offs that did not take into effect the latest
string changes.

So please add the missing strings and sign-off again. Thanks!

Simon

Jesper Kristensen

Feb 27, 2010, 9:19:08 AM2/27/10

I pushed these two earlier today, but cannot see them yet on the signoff
dashboard for tb30x and tb31x (they seem to be there on the old dashboard):

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/da/rev/5eb3bcbafb60
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/da/rev/7d8fa552a69f

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez

Feb 27, 2010, 6:55:19 PM2/27/10
Jesper Kristensen escribió:

I'm also getting different status for several products when comparing
L10n public dashboard and L10n sign-off dashboard in es-ES:

- fennec_mc
- sea21x

and, more important:

- tb31x
- tb32x

Latest changes happened more than 24 hours ago. es-ES Tinderbox seems
to be all green (except for maemo mozilla-central). Any hint will be
welcome.

TIA

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez

Feb 28, 2010, 2:12:41 PM2/28/10
Simon Paquet escribió:

> I just wanted to remind everyone that today, Tuesday February 23 at
> 23:59 PST[1], the string freeze for Thunderbird 3.1 beta1 will go
> into effect.
>
> We are planning[2] to accept sign-ins up until Monday March 1 pacific
> time[3]. Please use the new sign-in functionality[4] in the l10n
> dashboard to become part of this release.

As reported earlier [1], I can't sign off Thunderbird 3.1 because the
sign off web page shows commits just until Feb 20th, despite there
have been up to 23rd, as can be seen in public L10n dashboard. I
intended to sign off the (currently) last commit [2]. Am I doing
something wrong?

TIA

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.l10n/msg/e82faeda4df1bdb3

[2]
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/es-ES/rev/8158b3469b8e

Ville Pohjanheimo

Mar 1, 2010, 1:16:26 AM3/1/10
28.02.2010 21:12, Ricardo Palomares Mart�nez kirjoitti:
> Simon Paquet escribi�:

>> We are planning[2] to accept sign-ins up until Monday March 1 pacific
>> time[3]. Please use the new sign-in functionality[4] in the l10n
>> dashboard to become part of this release.
>

> As reported earlier [1], I can't sign off Thunderbird 3.1 because the
> sign off web page shows commits just until Feb 20th, despite there
> have been up to 23rd, as can be seen in public L10n dashboard.

Same here for Finnish (fi):
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/fi/rev/206d92a671fc

-ville/mozilla.fi

Axel Hecht

Mar 1, 2010, 8:26:04 AM3/1/10

Had OOM problems in one of the daemons, no idea why.

Restarted that one, builds should hopefully get triggered.

Sorry for that.

Axel

Joaquim Perez

Mar 2, 2010, 12:29:20 PM3/2/10
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,

I don't understand why Catalan locale is rejected.
https://l10n-stage-sj.mozilla.org/shipping/pushes?locale=ca&av=tb3.1

I see that my dashboard and tinderbox are green:
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Mozilla-l10n-ca

When I finished and commited my work on Saturday 30th , I saw that
https://l10n-stage-sj.mozilla.org/ didn't get the update, as fast as
http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/. So I couldn't validate
https://l10n-stage-sj.mozilla.org/. After that I've been busy until today. I
would like to sign in if it still possible. Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards

Quim.

Simon Paquet

Mar 3, 2010, 7:26:46 AM3/3/10
Simon Paquet wrote on 23. Feb 2010:

> We are planning[2] to accept sign-ins up until Monday March 1 pacific
> time[3]. Please use the new sign-in functionality[4] in the l10n
> dashboard to become part of this release.

Yesterday I went through all the sign-in requests and accepted them
(as far as they were acceptable). I also added a few locales, who
hasn't signed-off their locale, but who obviously wanted to become
part of this release and were hindered by bugs in the new dashboard.

I see this experience as valuable for the next releases, because doing
this first in a beta release exposes possible bugs early on so that they
can be fixed for the Firefox 3.7 and Thunderbird 3.1 final releases.

From my experience the following bugs still need to be resolved:

- some people were complaining that they wanted to sign-off their locale
but couldn't. This MUST be fixed as soon as possible.
- earlier accepts aren't overridden by later rejections. Therefore if
a sign-off is obsoleted by a new code checkin that adds or changes
strings, the acceptance should be removed automatically. Currently
those locales are still added to the l10n-changesets file and need
to be removed manually.

Cya
Simon

Axel Hecht

Mar 3, 2010, 9:05:27 AM3/3/10
On 03.03.10 13:26, Simon Paquet wrote:
> Simon Paquet wrote on 23. Feb 2010:
>
>> We are planning[2] to accept sign-ins up until Monday March 1 pacific
>> time[3]. Please use the new sign-in functionality[4] in the l10n
>> dashboard to become part of this release.
>
> Yesterday I went through all the sign-in requests and accepted them
> (as far as they were acceptable). I also added a few locales, who
> hasn't signed-off their locale, but who obviously wanted to become
> part of this release and were hindered by bugs in the new dashboard.
>
> I see this experience as valuable for the next releases, because doing
> this first in a beta release exposes possible bugs early on so that they
> can be fixed for the Firefox 3.7 and Thunderbird 3.1 final releases.
>
> From my experience the following bugs still need to be resolved:
>
> - some people were complaining that they wanted to sign-off their locale
> but couldn't. This MUST be fixed as soon as possible.

We're still experiencing some oddness in stability here, yeah. I usually
do a health check manually every day or so, but didn't while I was AFK
in India. We'll need to talk to IT to figure out how to set up health
checks right.

> - earlier accepts aren't overridden by later rejections. Therefore if
> a sign-off is obsoleted by a new code checkin that adds or changes
> strings, the acceptance should be removed automatically. Currently
> those locales are still added to the l10n-changesets file and need
> to be removed manually.

That's actually two things:

- The milestone wasn't "Open", but I think it was possible to opt-in. If
so, that was a bug.
- The drivers have a button on the milestones page, "Clear", which
resets all previous opt-ins if there was a string change. That page
should really be less opaque, but that's where we are.

The two together should have that in check, though.

Axel

Alexandru Szasz

Mar 3, 2010, 2:02:05 PM3/3/10
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Pe 03.03.2010 14:26, Simon Paquet a scris:
> Simon Paquet wrote on 23. Feb 2010:
>
>> We are planning[2] to accept sign-ins up until Monday March 1 pacific
>> time[3]. Please use the new sign-in functionality[4] in the l10n
>> dashboard to become part of this release.
>
> Yesterday I went through all the sign-in requests and accepted them
> (as far as they were acceptable). I also added a few locales, who
> hasn't signed-off their locale, but who obviously wanted to become
> part of this release and were hindered by bugs in the new dashboard.

I may be a little plugged off, but could you please list the locales
that will be included in this release just for confirmation ?

Right now I'm just concentrating on keeping the dashboard green.

--
Alexandru Szasz

wladow

Mar 3, 2010, 2:43:43 PM3/3/10