Notify l10n updates for AMO in the mailing list

Nukeador

Jan 12, 2008, 1:31:42 PM1/12/08
to Mozilla projects web content localization
Hi all,

It would be nice for localizers to be notified here when there are new
strings for AMO, or when they should be translated. Most of us don't
update SVN every day ;)

Regards.

--
Nukeador
Clave PGP: http://www.nukeador.com/pgp/

signature.asc

Jesper Kristensen

Jan 12, 2008, 3:25:32 PM1/12/08
Nukeador skrev:

> Hi all,
>
> It would be nice for localizers to be notified here when there are new
> strings for AMO, or when they should be translated. Most of us don't
> update SVN every day ;)
>
> Regards.

I think this is already the way it is done.

Last SVN/static deadline seems to be one week after 2007-07-04:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.l10n.web/browse_thread/thread/834a5f390fdf3181

Last DB/dynamic change seems to be 2007-10-13 with no prior notification:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.l10n.web/browse_thread/thread/fea7862e3634cafe

Eduard Gamonal

Jan 12, 2008, 3:25:46 PM1/12/08
to Mozilla projects web content localization
That sounds really nice to me :)

2008/1/12 Nukeador <nuke...@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> It would be nice for localizers to be notified here when there are new
> strings for AMO, or when they should be translated. Most of us don't
> update SVN every day ;)
>
> Regards.
>

> --
> Nukeador
> Clave PGP: http://www.nukeador.com/pgp/

tac822.net
MusicaLliure.net

Nukeador

Jan 12, 2008, 4:13:11 PM1/12/08
Jesper Kristensen escribió:

> I think this is already the way it is done.
>
> Last SVN/static deadline seems to be one week after 2007-07-04:
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.l10n.web/browse_thread/thread/834a5f390fdf3181

Uhm, you mean that all changes since July in the .po file haven't been
applied yet?
signature.asc

Jesper Kristensen

Jan 12, 2008, 5:27:18 PM1/12/08
Nukeador skrev:

> Jesper Kristensen escribió:
>> I think this is already the way it is done.
>>
>> Last SVN/static deadline seems to be one week after 2007-07-04:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.l10n.web/browse_thread/thread/834a5f390fdf3181
>>
> Uhm, you mean that all changes since July in the .po file haven't been
> applied yet?

I don't know, but I expect that to be true.

Wil Clouser

Jan 12, 2008, 11:50:21 PM1/12/08
to Mozilla projects web content localization
Hey,

We've had a few small additions lately, but most have been behind the
login and we've been writing special checks so they are shown in English
if not localized (instead of the placeholder strings).

I've been avoiding emailing the list with the change because AMO v3.2
[1][2] was supposed to be in testing this week and it has, I'm guessing,
about 75 changed or added strings. Instead of spamming you guys every
week up until then, I was going to just roll all the string changes into
one email.

That said, 3.2 is a little behind and still isn't in string-freeze yet.
We were pushing to get it out a few weeks before FF3 got frozen, but
at our meeting this week I felt it was getting too close to the FF3 date
and I didn't think it was fair to dump all the work on you at the same
time. That means 3.2 is probably going to be closer to the end of
February unless the FF3 date changes.

So, right now: It looks like Fred merged all the English strings out to
the .po's this morning (thanks!) so all the .po and .mo files are up to
date with what we have right now (and they don't contain any of the 3.2
strings yet). Anything marked as "fuzzy" is a new string and should be
localized. (And don't forget to delete the word "fuzzy" when you're done).

I'll do a better job of keeping you all up to date on the progress of 3.2.

Thanks!

Wil

[1] Requirements: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Update:RequirementsV32
[2] Mockups: http://people.mozilla.com/~basil/amo/

Eduard Gamonal wrote:
> That sounds really nice to me :)
>

> 2008/1/12 Nukeador <nuke...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It would be nice for localizers to be notified here when there are new
>> strings for AMO, or when they should be translated. Most of us don't
>> update SVN every day ;)
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> --
>> Nukeador
>> Clave PGP: http://www.nukeador.com/pgp/

Julen

Jan 13, 2008, 12:01:26 PM1/13/08
to Mozilla projects web content localization
2008/1/12 Nukeador <nuke...@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> It would be nice for localizers to be notified here when there are new
> strings for AMO, or when they should be translated. Most of us don't
> update SVN every day ;)
>
> Regards.

Hello,

If you don't want to update SVN, you have an RSS feed available at:
http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/addons/trunk/site/app/locale/xx/?date=month&view=query&format=rss

Replace xx with your locale.

Julen.

Jesper Kristensen

Jan 13, 2008, 12:57:34 PM1/13/08
Julen skrev:
> http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/addons/trunk/site/app/locale/xx/?date=month&view=query&format=rss

That is not worth much, because it does not contain any deadlines.