things beyond your comprehension

$Zero

Jul 2, 2008, 7:47:04 PM7/2/08
things beyond your comprehension

do you feel that there are a lot of things which are beyond your
comprehension or not that much?

for instance, of all the things you know about, how much of it is
beyond your comprehension?

fifty percent?

seventy-five percent?

ninety percent?

one percent?

unknown?

is the question posed here beyond your comprehension?

-$Zero...

think of a road
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/bd194364243fe293

Pies de Arcilla

Jul 3, 2008, 1:09:02 AM7/3/08
On Jul 2, 7:47 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> things beyond your comprehension
>
> do you feel that there are a lot of things which are beyond your
> comprehension or not that much?

> for instance, of all the things you know about, how much of it is
> beyond your comprehension?
>
> fifty percent?
>
> seventy-five percent?
>
> ninety percent?
>
> one percent?

100%.

I mean, why should there be anything, really? And if we are to take it
as given that there is, then why is there what is, rather than
something different?

But then there is a different level on which things are beyond my
comprehension.

My co-worker solves problems differently than I do, and I am utterly
unable to understand how his mind works.

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 1:36:39 AM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 1:09�am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 2, 7:47 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > things beyond your comprehension
>
> > do you feel that there are a lot of things which are beyond your
> > comprehension or not that much?

> > for instance, of all the things you know about, how much of it is
> > beyond your comprehension?
>
> > fifty percent?
>
> > seventy-five percent?
>
> > ninety percent?
>
> > one percent?
>
> 100%.
>
> I mean, why should there be anything, really?

i think it's safe to conclude that how to type a word is not beyond
your comprehension.

now granted, there may be aspects of typing a word that are well
beyond your comprension, such as the neural/mechanical dynamics
involved, but there is a percentage of the act of typing a word that
is definitely NOT beyond your comprehension.

so 100% would not be accurate.

> And if we are to take it
> as given that there is, then why is there what is, rather than
> something different?

because of reality?

> But then there is a different level on which things are beyond my
> comprehension.

well, sure.

> My co-worker solves problems differently than I do, and I am utterly
> unable to understand how his mind works.

i think we can all relate to that.

especially those of us who have been married.

yikes.

-$Zero...

yet another creative genius proposal
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/b79ad7de093664c7

Pies de Arcilla

Jul 3, 2008, 2:27:18 AM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 1:36 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 1:09�am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 2, 7:47 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > things beyond your comprehension
>
> > > do you feel that there are a lot of things which are beyond your
> > > comprehension or not that much?

> > > for instance, of all the things you know about, how much of it is
> > > beyond your comprehension?
>
> > > fifty percent?
>
> > > seventy-five percent?
>
> > > ninety percent?
>
> > > one percent?
>
> > 100%.
>
> > I mean, why should there be anything, really?
>
> i think it's safe to conclude that how to type a word is not beyond
> your comprehension.
>
> now granted, there may be aspects of typing a word that are well
> beyond your comprension, such as the neural/mechanical dynamics
> involved, but there is a percentage of the act of typing a word that
> is definitely NOT beyond your comprehension.
>
> so 100% would not be accurate.

You made a distinction between "knowing about" and comprehension, and
now you're conflating the two.

I "know about" typing a word, but I don't comprehend it in the least.
I don't have the faintest idea what makes me able to do it and how my
brain is different from someone with Down's Syndrome, for instance.

Alan Hope

Jul 3, 2008, 4:32:55 AM7/3/08

$Zero wrote:
> On Jul 3, 1:09�am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 2, 7:47 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> things beyond your comprehension
>>> do you feel that there are a lot of things which are beyond your
>>> comprehension or not that much?
>>> for instance, of all the things you know about, how much of it is
>>> beyond your comprehension?
>>> fifty percent?
>>> seventy-five percent?
>>> ninety percent?
>>> one percent?
>> 100%.
>>
>> I mean, why should there be anything, really?
>
> i think it's safe to conclude that how to type a word is not beyond
> your comprehension.
>
> now granted, there may be aspects of typing a word that are well
> beyond your comprension, such as the neural/mechanical dynamics
> involved, but there is a percentage of the act of typing a word that
> is definitely NOT beyond your comprehension.
>
> so 100% would not be accurate.

Depends on your margin of error.

--
AH

Alan Hope

Jul 3, 2008, 4:33:51 AM7/3/08

Say hi to Zero. If you think your cow-orker's mind moves in mysterious ways, you ain't seen nuttin yet.

> I "know about" typing a word, but I don't comprehend it in the least.
> I don't have the faintest idea what makes me able to do it and how my
> brain is different from someone with Down's Syndrome, for instance.

--
AH

boots

Jul 3, 2008, 6:19:06 AM7/3/08
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote:

>things beyond your comprehension
>
>do you feel that there are a lot of things which are beyond your
>comprehension or not that much?

>for instance, of all the things you know about, how much of it is
>beyond your comprehension?
>
>fifty percent?
>
>seventy-five percent?
>
>ninety percent?
>
>one percent?

>unknown?

Real close to 100%.

>is the question posed here beyond your comprehension?

Oddly, no. Maybe.

--
Don't read this crap... oops, too late!

[superstitious heathen grade 8]

boots

Jul 3, 2008, 6:20:50 AM7/3/08
Pies de Arcilla <dear...@gmail.com> wrote:

>My co-worker solves problems differently than I do, and I am utterly
>unable to understand how his mind works.

Does your co-worker understand how your mind works?

If not, well whatdja expect?

If so, ask for an explanation! <g>

boots

Jul 3, 2008, 6:22:00 AM7/3/08
Pies de Arcilla <dear...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't have the faintest idea what makes me able to do it and how my
>brain is different from someone with Down's Syndrome, for instance.

Why are you convinced that it is? Well, whatever; some people use the
words "brain" and "mind" interchangably. Maybe they're correct. It's
possible.

Jackson Pillock

Jul 3, 2008, 11:47:52 AM7/3/08
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote in news:dc5eaf37-a08c-41f5-b5d8-
cd1fa2...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> things beyond your comprehension

Oy! Where's my psychoanalyis? I thought I was going to learn something
about myself by what kind of road I pictured.

Sir Harvey

Jul 3, 2008, 12:08:37 PM7/3/08
Jackson Pillock wrote:

> "$Zero" wrote

> > things beyond your comprehension
> >

> Oy! Where's my psychoanalyis? I thought I was going to learn something
> about myself by what kind of road I pictured.

Miz Sylvia's got Important Naps To Take, but will be by later to analyze yer
road. Please heave yer credit card ready.

Thenk yew.

--
Sir Harvey

Jackson Pillock

Jul 3, 2008, 12:11:37 PM7/3/08
Sir Harvey <Sir....@Not.at.cliffhanger.com> wrote in

Would that be Sylvia Van Pelt?

Sir Harvey

Jul 3, 2008, 1:12:27 PM7/3/08

.

.
> Would that be Sylvia Van Pelt?

Pffft! (c) Van Pelt's a piker! She charges a nickel per consultation, which
wot they are worth. Miz Sylvia psychoanalysis fee is $275 (minimum).

--
Sir Harvey

Bill Penrose

Jul 3, 2008, 1:22:11 PM7/3/08
On Jul 2, 4:47 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> things beyond your comprehension

1. Why music gives me goosebumps?

2. Do my pets have souls?

3. What came before the Big Bang?

4. Why Americans voted for Bush in 2004?

5. The ongoing horseshit on MW.

DB

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 1:48:32 PM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 11:47�am, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:dc5eaf37-a08c-41f5-b5d8-
> cd1fa2c90...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> > things beyond your comprehension
>
> Oy! Where's my psychoanalyis? I thought I was going to learn something
> about myself by what kind of road I pictured.

you mean you haven't?

-$Zero...

things beyond your comprehension
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/f2fc0c5bfb347511

how to find beauty in a cynical world
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6a5c3eff425f8ada

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 1:53:29 PM7/3/08
things NOT beyond your comprehension

name ten things which are NOT beyond your comprension.

if ten is too much, name five.

if five is too much, name one.

if one is too much...

[insert punchline here]

-$Zero...

think of a road
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/bd194364243fe293

how to find beauty in a cynical world
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6a5c3eff425f8ada

Bernie

Jul 3, 2008, 1:54:28 PM7/3/08

"Bill Penrose" <pen...@iit.edu> wrote in message

> On Jul 2, 4:47 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> things beyond your comprehension
>
> 1. Why music gives me goosebumps?

Because you have a soul?

> 2. Do my pets have souls?

Yes. (As with humans -- their eyes are the windows of their
souls.

> 3. What came before the Big Bang?

A vast accumulation of Little Rumbles?

> 4. Why Americans voted for Bush in 2004?

Now THAT has ALL THE WORLD stumped.

> 5. The ongoing horseshit on MW.

Poor quality sustenance?

> DB

Bernie.<g>

Jackson Pillock

Jul 3, 2008, 2:02:41 PM7/3/08
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote in news:5675ce28-aa78-4c6a-b427-
e2d4d6...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

> On Jul 3, 11:47�am, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:dc5eaf37-a08c-41f5-b5d8-
>> cd1fa2c90...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > things beyond your comprehension
>>
>> Oy! Where's my psychoanalyis? I thought I was going to learn something
>> about myself by what kind of road I pictured.
>
> you mean you haven't?

Yes. Can I have some feedback please? Which kind of road-picturer am I?

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 2:31:19 PM7/3/08

no. but the two do intersect/overlap to some degree/percentage.

> I "know about" typing a word, but I don't comprehend it in the least.

yes you do.

you have a word in your mind.

you want to type it onto the screen.

you comprehend how to do so enough to actually make it happen.

that certainly qualifies as "comprehending it in the least", at the
very least.

> I don't have the faintest idea what makes me able to do it

yes you do, hence all those typed words of yours above.

> and how my brain is different from someone with
> Down's Syndrome, for instance.

well, people with Down's Syndrome know how to type words too, don't
they?

i have no idea since i've never inquired about that, but i'm pretty
sure that such people comprehend enough about typing words to be able
to do so.

anyway, if so, that's something that you can certainly comprehend as a
similarity rather than a difference you have with someone who has
Downs Syndrome.

how your brain differs from theirs is another issue altogether.

-$Zero...

things NOT beyond your comprehension

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/15fcbee9fb166137

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 2:36:07 PM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 4:32 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero wrote:

> >> 100%.
>
> >> I mean, why should there be anything, really?
>
> > i think it's safe to conclude that how to type a word is not beyond
> > your comprehension.
>
> > now granted, there may be aspects of typing a word that are well
> > beyond your comprension, such as the neural/mechanical dynamics
> > involved, but there is a percentage of the act of typing a word that
> > is definitely NOT beyond your comprehension.
>
> > so 100% would not be accurate.
>
> Depends on your margin of error.

heh. pretty funny, but wrong.

100% implies no exceptions or counter-cases.

that would be inaccurate.

no matter what the margin of error.

> >> And if we are to take it
> >> as given that there is, then why is there what is, rather than
> >> something different?
>
> > because of reality?
>
> >> But then there is a different level on which things are beyond my
> >> comprehension.
>
> > well, sure.
>
> >> My co-worker solves problems differently than I do, and I am utterly
> >> unable to understand how his mind works.
>
> > i think we can all relate to that.
>
> > especially those of us who have been married.
>
> > yikes.
>
> > -$Zero...
>
> >   yet another creative genius proposal
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/b79ad7de093664c7

-$Zero...

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 2:49:06 PM7/3/08

i wasn't conflating the two, they simply overlap.

it's set theory.

> If you think your cow-orker's mind moves in mysterious ways,
> you ain't seen nuttin yet.

cow-orker?

anyway...

it's not all that mysterious really, it's just non-brainwashed:

IF 2 + 2 = 5
AND 3 + 3 = 2 + 2
AND 3 > 2
THEN 2 + 2 = 4 is...

1] True
2] False
3] Unable to Determine
4] Logical Cognitive Dissonance/y

the logical answer is #2.

(with a strong #4 kicker, to boot)

because there are no false premises stated above (due to the
inexorable nature of the relationships between odd and even numbers)

Sylvia

Jul 3, 2008, 2:56:55 PM7/3/08
Miz Bernie wrote:

> "Bill Penrose" wrote
<...>

> > 3. What came before the Big Bang?
>
> A vast accumulation of Little Rumbles?

<...>

I felt kinda sorry for the doggie on that show, he looked kinda put upon.
Someone should called the Hunan Society.

--
Sylvia

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 2:58:16 PM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 2:02 pm, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:5675ce28-aa78-4c6a-b427-
> e2d4d6651...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

> > On Jul 3, 11:47�am, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:dc5eaf37-a08c-41f5-b5d8-
> >> cd1fa2c90...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> >> Oy! Where's my psychoanalyis? I thought I was going to learn something
> >> about myself by what kind of road I pictured.
>
> > you mean you haven't?
>
> Yes. Can I have some feedback please?

sure.

> Which kind of road-picturer am I?

i'll meet you over in the "think of a road" thread.

-$Zero...

things NOT beyond your comprehension
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/15fcbee9fb166137

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 3:03:12 PM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 6:19�am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:

> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >things beyond your comprehension
>
> >do you feel that there are a lot of things which are beyond your
> >comprehension or not that much?

> >for instance, of all the things you know about, how much of it is
> >beyond your comprehension?
>
> >fifty percent?
>
> >seventy-five percent?
>
> >ninety percent?
>
> >one percent?

> >unknown?
>
> Real close to 100%.

well, considering infinity, sure.

> >is the question posed here beyond your comprehension?
>

> Oddly, no. �

quite the paradox, no?

> Maybe.

-$Zero...

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 3:13:12 PM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 1:22�pm, Bill Penrose <penr...@iit.edu> wrote:
> On Jul 2, 4:47 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > things beyond your comprehension
>
> 1. Why music gives me goosebumps?

because you relate to it on an emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and/
or sexual level.

> 2. Do my pets have souls?

does music give them spritual goosebumps?

> 3. What came before the Big Bang?

music theory?

> 4. Why Americans voted for Bush in 2004?

they didn't.

> 5. The ongoing horseshit on MW.

i'd argue that THAT is far less incomprehensible than most other stuff
one might consider.

boots

Jul 4, 2008, 5:27:37 AM7/4/08
Jackson Pillock <jackson...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I think it might be Syl Ve Ah Goink To Bamboozle Money From Youse.

Pies de Arcilla

Jul 4, 2008, 5:57:20 AM7/4/08
On Jul 3, 2:31 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2:27 am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> > and how my brain is different from someone with
> > Down's Syndrome, for instance.
>
> well, people with Down's Syndrome know how to type words too, don't
> they?

Perhaps, but that's not my point. My point is that different people
may be doing similar things but have quite different brain activity
going on inside. And I don't understand my computer much better than
my brain.

Pies de Arcilla

Jul 4, 2008, 6:08:55 AM7/4/08
On Jul 3, 6:22 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:

> Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't have the faintest idea what makes me able to do it and how my
> >brain is different from someone with Down's Syndrome, for instance.
>
> Why are you convinced that it is?

I've read about research that shows people with certain abnormalities
use different areas of their brain to perform tasks involving memory,
for instance. I think it is quite possible for differences in how the
brain works to exceed apparent differences in functioning.

boots

Jul 4, 2008, 6:41:57 AM7/4/08
Pies de Arcilla <dear...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 3, 6:22 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
>> Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I don't have the faintest idea what makes me able to do it and how my
>> >brain is different from someone with Down's Syndrome, for instance.
>>
>> Why are you convinced that it is?
>
>I've read about research

Have you reproduced it, or do you simply accept what you've read?

> that shows people with certain abnormalities
>use different areas of their brain to perform tasks involving memory,
>for instance.

Yep, I gotta agree with you, the effects of the pre-causal lobe can be
quite interesting.

> I think it is quite possible for differences in how the
>brain works to exceed apparent differences in functioning.

One never knows, do one.

Personally I think we are all quite different, and our similarities
are on the gross level alone. People go on about IQ but never mention
attention; a fully realized moron paying attention might do smarter
things than a munged-up geenyus stroking hair onto palms innit.

Really the most collosum differences seem to have little to do with
the function of the junction. It looks like a geenyus, it walks like
a geenyus, it must be a geenyus, QED; that's just retarded and the
whole deal is a circle-jerk.

Yesterday I was at HomeDepot's plumbing department, looking for a
1-1/4" pipe plug. There were two men there digging around looking for
something, and a young girl. She was maybe 13, and maybe autistic or
retarded. She had a helium balloon tied to her left wrist. I could
see where the string had somehow tightened and was nearly cutting off
the circulation to her hand. It was her voice that clued me in that
she was not quite average, it was clearly difficult for her to form
words as she asked dad to "take it off". And her voice was very very
strange, it seemed not to come from her lips but to emanate from
around her. Meanwhile dad was scrabbling through bins like some kind
of nutter owned by a need to repair a toilet, and daughter was calmly
checking things out, looking at parts, seeing what fit together,
learning things. Her face had the most amazingly peaceful expression.
She wasn't the least bit odd looking as she might've been if she'd had
Downs or something. So I look at the dad and I look at the daughter
and I think gee, who'se the dummy here?

And more important, when you look at brain and mind, how can you know
whether brain mechanics generates mind, or the workings of the mind
cause bits of physical stuff to cohere and form a brain?

boots

Jul 4, 2008, 6:43:51 AM7/4/08
Pies de Arcilla <dear...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 3, 2:31 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 3, 2:27 am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>[...]
>> > and how my brain is different from someone with
>> > Down's Syndrome, for instance.
>>
>> well, people with Down's Syndrome know how to type words too, don't
>> they?
>
>Perhaps, but that's not my point. My point is that different people
>may be doing similar things but have quite different brain activity
>going on inside

I agree, form and function innit.

>. And I don't understand my computer much better than
>my brain.

Be glad Bill Gates' henchmen have had less opportunity to fiddle your
brain than they have had to fiddle your computer.

Bernie

Jul 4, 2008, 10:08:37 AM7/4/08

"Pies de Arcilla" <dear...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jul 3, 2:31 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 3, 2:27 am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
> [...]
>> > and how my brain is different from someone with
>> > Down's Syndrome, for instance.

Zero/Pies,

It's Down Syndrome -- no apostrophe.

(You're welcome).

Bernie.

Alan Hope

Jul 4, 2008, 1:01:37 PM7/4/08

Jackson Pillock wrote:
> "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote in news:5675ce28-aa78-4c6a-b427-
> e2d4d6...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:
>

>> On Jul 3, 11:47�am, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com>

>> wrote:
>>
>>> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:dc5eaf37-a08c-41f5-b5d8-
>>> cd1fa2c90...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

>>> Oy! Where's my psychoanalyis? I thought I was going to learn something
>>> about myself by what kind of road I pictured.
>> you mean you haven't?
>>

> Yes. Can I have some feedback please? Which kind of road-picturer am I?

Zero is all questions and never an answer.

He thinks people don't ask themselves enough questions, so he piles on some more.

If you need his questions, you'll glom onto him. Otherwise, not so much.

--
AH

$Zero

Jul 4, 2008, 3:21:24 PM7/4/08
On Jul 4, 1:01 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jackson Pillock wrote:
> > "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:5675ce28-aa78-4c6a-b427-
> > e2d4d6651...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

> >> you mean you haven't?
>
> > Yes. Can I have some feedback please? Which kind of road-picturer am I?
>
> Zero is all questions and never an answer.

is this a rhetorical answer?

> He thinks people don't ask themselves enough questions,

absolutely.

> so he piles on some more.
>
> If you need his questions, you'll glom onto him. Otherwise, not so much.

meep meep!

-$Zero...

whatever happened to all the music?
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/85cf84ecd83d1630

$Zero

Jul 4, 2008, 3:29:37 PM7/4/08
On Jul 4, 5:57�am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2:31 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 3, 2:27 am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > and how my brain is different from someone with
> > > Down's Syndrome, for instance.
>
> > well, people with Down's Syndrome know how to type words too, don't
> > they?
>
> Perhaps, but that's not my point.

i certainly comprehended that much, but i was making a different
point.

> My point is that different people
> may be doing similar things but have quite different brain activity
> going on inside.

no doubt.

still, you must admit that you comprehend how to type words to the
extent that you are able to do same, therefore admitting that there
are indeed things which are not 100% beyond your comprehension.

> And I don't understand my computer much better than
> my brain.

but you do understand that your computer must be powered up to be able
to type words on its screen.

you also understand that, at least most of the time, when you press on
the letter A on your keyboard, the letter A will be typed onto the
screen.

that's something you fully comprehend.

Pies de Arcilla

Jul 4, 2008, 5:29:19 PM7/4/08

Bernie wrote:
> "Pies de Arcilla" <dear...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Jul 3, 2:31 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Jul 3, 2:27 am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> > [...]
>

> Zero/Pies,
>
> It's Down Syndrome -- no apostrophe.
>
> (You're welcome).

I believe once upon a time there was a restaurant chain called
Friendly Restaurants, but eventually they changed the name to
Friendly's, because that's what everyone called it.

boots

Jul 5, 2008, 5:25:30 AM7/5/08
"Bernie" <rain...@westnet.com.au> wrote:

>"Pies de Arcilla" <dear...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Jul 3, 2:31 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Jul 3, 2:27 am, Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>> [...]
>

>Zero/Pies,
>
>It's Down Syndrome -- no apostrophe.
>
>(You're welcome).
>
>Bernie.

I always thought it was "Down's" in honor of the doctor who identified
it. In fact, I am still of that opinion. Oddly enough wiki notes
that it's "Down's" in British English. Fortunately for one and all
wiki is widely recognized as a nonsource.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome