think of a road

$Zero

Jul 2, 2008, 2:11:46 PM7/2/08
think of a road

close your eyes and picture a road.

now describe it.

there are at least two types of road picturers.

which kind are you?

-$Zero...

how to find beauty in a cynical world
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6a5c3eff425f8ada

Jackson Pillock

Jul 2, 2008, 2:34:16 PM7/2/08
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote in news:f114c980-9c99-4e2b-ad71-
1b64ea...@y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

It stretches away into the distance, over hills, vanishing into a mountain
pass.

Sylvia

Jul 2, 2008, 2:44:04 PM7/2/08
Mr. $Zero wrote:

<waving>

> think of a road
>
> close your eyes and picture a road.

<napping>

> now describe it.

Huh? Wot?

> there are at least two types of road picturers.

Oh. Sorry. Comfy Chair, doncha know.

> which kind are you?

The one wot "was grassy and wanted wear"[1], natch.

--
Sylvia

[1] Mr. Frost

Sylvia

Jul 2, 2008, 2:51:28 PM7/2/08
Mr. Jackson Pillock wrote:

<...>

.

> It stretches away into the distance, over hills,

<peering>

Ain't them the purple hued Hieland hills?

> vanishing into a mountain pass.

<scampering down other road, away from yon shady glen>

I'm gonna win!

--
Sylvia ( <distracted> Oooh! Listen! Wee birdies sing!)

Alan Hope

Jul 2, 2008, 4:17:36 PM7/2/08

Meep-meep!

--
AH

Bill Penrose

Jul 2, 2008, 4:43:57 PM7/2/08
On Jul 2, 11:11 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> think of a road
> close your eyes and picture a road.
> now describe it.

....it's long and straight and leads right to the horizon...

...in the distance there's a tiny cloud of dust...

...the sun is setting, outlining the cloud of dust which is getting
bigger all the time...

...now there's a cliff on one side and a sheer drop on the other, and
road has narrowed to one lane...

...the cloud of dust is getting bigger...

..omigod, it's a tanker truck!...

[smash, burn...]

john.ku...@sympatico.ca

Jul 2, 2008, 4:52:24 PM7/2/08

$Zero wrote:
> think of a road
>
> close your eyes and picture a road.
>
> now describe it.

> there are at least two types of road picturers.
>
> which kind are you?

I snake up the side of the mountain, hanging there on nothing but
insolence, calling all the time to climb higher.

Alan Hope

Jul 2, 2008, 5:05:00 PM7/2/08

Meep-meep!

--
AH

Ultraviolet

Jul 2, 2008, 5:07:37 PM7/2/08
$Zero was all like:

> think of a road
>
> close your eyes and picture a road.
>
> now describe it.

Kinda rocky with marshmallows and chocolate chips and stuff.

> there are at least two types of road picturers.
>
> which kind are you?

Ice cream.

--
UV
http://paula-light.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Jul 2, 2008, 6:35:44 PM7/2/08

Ultraviolet wrote:
> $Zero was all like:
>
>> think of a road
>>
>> close your eyes and picture a road.
>>
>> now describe it.
>

> Kinda rocky with marshmallows and chocolate chips and stuff.

>> there are at least two types of road picturers.
>>
>> which kind are you?
>

> Ice cream.

Meep-meep!

I love this thread.

--
AH

PJ

Jul 2, 2008, 6:40:06 PM7/2/08
$Zero wrote:
> think of a road
>
> close your eyes and picture a road.
>
> now describe it.

It is in the country, in Michigan, during autumn. October, when rural
roads are flanked by maple trees adorned with leaves in varying shades
of gold and orange and crimson, the trunks' sap long since tapped and
cooked in huge kettles over an open fire and made into sweet, pure maple
syrup, which is bottled and sold at small roadside stands. A little
farther down the road there are apple trees, with leaves that are not as
large or as vibrantly colored as the maples, but are magnificent for
their own reasons. Their branches burst with fruit, red, yellow, and
green fruit, fruit that is begging to be picked, placed in bushel
baskets, and sold at the local farmers' market, so people can eat the
apples, make applesauce out of them, preserve them in Ball or Kerr jars,
or make them into mouth-watering pies.

And it all started with one simple road.

~ ~ ~
PJ

Alan Hope

Jul 2, 2008, 6:47:58 PM7/2/08

PJ wrote:
> $Zero wrote:
>> think of a road
>>
>> close your eyes and picture a road.
>>
>> now describe it.
>
> It is in the country, in Michigan, during autumn. October, when rural
> roads are flanked by maple trees adorned with leaves in varying shades
> of gold and orange and crimson, the trunks' sap long since tapped and
> cooked in huge kettles over an open fire and made into sweet, pure maple
> syrup, which is bottled and sold at small roadside stands. A little
> farther down the road

Meep-meep!

--
AH

Sylvia

Jul 2, 2008, 8:18:27 PM7/2/08
Mr. Hope wrote:

<camouflaging giant magnet>

<scattering ACME Iron Bird Seed>

Ahem!

I spy, with my Petite Eye, a lone, narrow ribbon of a road, stretching into
the sunset of the Painted Desert...

> I love this thread.

<aside>

We'll see about that, now won't we?

--
Sylvia

Sylvia

Jul 2, 2008, 8:18:34 PM7/2/08
Mr. Hope wrote:

> PJ wrote:
> > $Zero wrote:
> >> think of a road
> >>
> >> close your eyes and picture a road.
> >>
> >> now describe it.
> >
> > It is in the country, in Michigan, during autumn. October, when rural
> > roads are flanked by maple trees adorned with leaves in varying shades
> > of gold and orange and crimson, the trunks' sap long since tapped and
> > cooked in huge kettles over an open fire and made into sweet, pure maple
> > syrup, which is bottled and sold at small roadside stands. A little
> > farther down the road
>
> Meep-meep!

[ MEDIUM SHOT: fake shrubbery collapses to reveal
Miz Sylvia on ACME Jet Propelled Pogo Stick ]

[SNDFx: VRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOM! ]

<roaring down road, after Mr. Hope>

> >there are apple trees, with leaves that are not as
> > large or as vibrantly colored as the maples, but are magnificent for
> > their own reasons. Their branches burst with fruit, red, yellow, and
> > green fruit, fruit that is begging to be picked, placed in bushel
> > baskets, and sold at the local farmers' market, so people can eat the
> > apples, make applesauce out of them, preserve them in Ball or Kerr jars,
> > or make them into mouth-watering pies.
> >
> > And it all started with one simple road.

--
Sylvia

B--

Jul 2, 2008, 8:28:34 PM7/2/08
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It's twilight, and the icy silver of the road is barely visible as it
curves away between deep snow banks turned purple by the fading light.

--
B--

A life not spent in idle pursuit of unworthy goals is a life not worth
living. - Queen Chris.tine

PJ

Jul 2, 2008, 10:03:18 PM7/2/08
Alan Hope wrote:
> PJ wrote:
>> $Zero wrote:
>>> think of a road
>>>
>>> close your eyes and picture a road.
>>>
>>> now describe it.
>>
>> It is in the country, in Michigan, during autumn. October, when rural
>> roads are flanked by maple trees adorned with leaves in varying shades
>> of gold and orange and crimson, the trunks' sap long since tapped and
>> cooked in huge kettles over an open fire and made into sweet, pure
>> maple syrup, which is bottled and sold at small roadside stands. A
>> little farther down the road
>
> Meep-meep!

That is hilarious. Just freakin' hilarious, and not just because of the
Road Runner. My daughter just got a new car. It's a small, midget-sized
Chevy, and when she emailed me the photo, she said, "Jake bought me a
new car! It goes meep-meep!"

How did you know??

~ ~ ~
PJ

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 3:37:40 PM7/3/08
On Jul 2, 2:34�pm, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:f114c980-9c99-4e2b-ad71-
> 1b64ea39f...@y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

> > think of a road
>
> > close your eyes and picture a road.
>
> > now describe it.

> > there are at least two types of road picturers.
>
> > which kind are you?

> > -$Zero...
>
> > how to find beauty in a cynical world
> > http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6a5c3eff425f8ada
>
> It stretches away into the distance, over hills, vanishing into a mountain
> pass.

are you on the road?

above the road?

in a truck?

a car?

a motorcycle?

hitchhiking?

running?

walking?

camping?

how does the road look widthwise?

is it a roadtrip?

are you alone?

what's the weather like?

is it night or day?

what does it smell like?

where were you before?

do you think about how long it actually took the construction crews to
pave the miles and miles ahead and behind?

inch by inch. street by street. town by town.

decade by decade.

does the road have a shoulder?

how wide?

when you sit down on the shoulder, or just beyond, what does it look
like around you?

is there lots of traffic?

is it a two lane road?

double yellow line, white dotted, or no markings?

what sounds do you hear?

do you have music with you?

-$Zero...

things NOT beyond your comprehension
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/15fcbee9fb166137

Jackson Pillock

Jul 3, 2008, 3:41:07 PM7/3/08
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Jul 2, 2:34�pm, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:f114c980-9c99-4e2b-ad71-
>> 1b64ea39f...@y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:
>>

>> > think of a road
>>
>> > close your eyes and picture a road.
>>
>> > now describe it.

>> > there are at least two types of road picturers.
>>
>> > which kind are you?

>> > -$Zero...
>>
>> > how to find beauty in a cynical world
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6a5c3eff425f8ada
>>
>> It stretches away into the distance, over hills, vanishing into a
>> mountai
>> pass.

(snip a bazillion questions about my road)

What? Just tell me which fucking kind of road picturer I am!

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 3:43:52 PM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 3:41 pm, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote innews:c0b1db34-b91b-493b...@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
>

> > On Jul 2, 2:34�pm, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote in news:f114c980-9c99-4e2b-ad71-
> >> 1b64ea39f...@y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

> >> It stretches away into the distance, over hills, vanishing into a
> >> mountain pass.

> (snip a bazillion questions about my road)

why?

> What? Just tell me which fucking kind of road picturer I am!

the impatient kind?

Jackson Pillock

Jul 3, 2008, 3:47:13 PM7/3/08
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Jul 3, 3:41 pm, Jackson Pillock <jacksonpill...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote

>> innews:c0b1db34-b91b-493b-bbd4-71c772b
> 20...@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> da

>> (snip a bazillion questions about my road)
>
> why?
>
>> What? Just tell me which fucking kind of road picturer I am!
>
> the impatient kind?

I want my time back.

$Zero

Jul 3, 2008, 3:49:15 PM7/3/08