My true psychic story

Mark

Jan 23, 2009, 6:01:47 PM1/23/09
The following story is one which I wrote, which was
both cathartic for me, and also satisfying for me
as a writer, as I chronicled a supernatural event
which changed my life. There are many first hand
eye witnesses who are still very familiar with this
event.
____

The premonition had been haunting him for months.
He began to swim further and further each day, as
if haunted by his appointment with destiny. He
knew it was coming, but he didn't know when or
what. He just knew it was to be deep in the water.

Eventually he was able to swim miles with apparent
ease. But there was no ease. He knew it was coming.
So he trained like an olympic athlete. Now
incorporating the deadly routine of exhaling all
breath, and diving deep into the dark, all the while
evicting panic and concentrating on a mastery
of this peculiar skill, to find the surface.

Now he was ready. His muscles ripped and lean,
with lungs like a frog. And then.....Charlie called.

Reluctantly Mark agreed to go out on Charlie's
boat, he had grown to detest him.
The drunken millionaire was a big boar, but on
this July 3rd, and a promise of meeting all the
ladies at the club, Mark reasoned that maybe
tommorrow would be a holiday to remember.

Charlie pulled up to the dock, drunk and smiley.
That was the first omenous sign. The aluminum
cans clinked across the deck of the boat as
they roared off across the navy blue surface,
growing darker by the minute.

Later, much later, after too many shrimp, too
many laughs, too many spirits, and not enough
sense, Mark finally was able to drag the obnoxious
Charlie out of the club, down to the boat, and
then, the two headed back across the starlit water.

Charlie's obnoxious voice perpetually boomed
with echo, in competetion with the sound of the
racing motor. Racing hither and frow, faster and
faster, things were quickly spinning out of control.

had had enough. He could listen no more
to the profane ignorance coupled with total
disregard to safety. He lept into action, and
bodily removed Charlie from the controls. Quickly
the boat was brought to a drifting stop.

"See ya Later" was all Charlie heard, as the
athlete hit the waters surface, cutting it like a
knife. Like a manic eggbeater, he disappeared
into the night as he had done so many times
before, to join all the other fish who had just
gotten off the hook.

And that was that. Peace and Quiet.

Yes it was several miles to his home, but
no matter. He really couldn't think of a
nicer way to spend an evening. Lady
Water held him in a warm embrace, as
they slow danced once again.

He didn't hear anything. I can't really say
what made him look up. By this time his
swimming had taken him far, but relaxed
him into near sleep. But he did look up.
There was the V of the boat's bow, splitting
the surface in a white rage, just feet away
coming straight for his head.

Now, no longer human, but aquatic, Mark
instantly dove straight for the black bottom.
One pull of his arms and he was in an
unside down descent, then the 24 foot red
boat slammed into his torso.

As the massive craft raked down his
body, pushing him ever deeper, all air was
violently knocked from his lungs. Then
came the teeth of the monster. The propeller
raked down his back, breaking vertibrae with
every deep chop.

When the steel hit his hip, it was fractured
on impact, flipping his right leg upward into
the spinning prop, completely severing his
leg between his knee and foot. And down
he sank. Deeper and deeper.

Drunk Charlie was still smiling. In the darkness
he had hit another buoy. Off he sped to
no where, with no functioning mind.

And, .....it was deep beneath the surface,
that Mark knew he had made his appointment
on time. It really didn't matter who had made
Charlie's big boat. All that mattered was to
execute that skill he had committed to
memory. And so, with empty lungs, and
one leg, he pulled his arms, not really sure
which way was up. Turns out he was right.

Upon breaking the water's surface, he was
able to see the tiny light of Charlies boat,
disappearing off in the night. Once again,
there was silence. The decision to go to
shore was quickly dismissed for 2 reasons.
First, he knew he would die there. But,
more importantly, the little light of Charlies
boat had stopped, a quarter of a mile away.

Not knowing how badly he was injured,
Mark now knew what he must do. He would
swim after the little light, and if it took all
night he would catch that boat, and when
he did he would kick Charlies ass and throw
him overboard.

Time became an eternity. Mark reasoned
that his right knee must be dislocated, so
he used a side stroke, left kick with much
success. Closer and closer he got. His
hope was building, but his strength was
fading. Maybe he wouldn't slap Charlie just
yet. A warm bed sounded better.

Truely, I can tell you first hand, Mark made
it to Charlie's boat thru the miraculous hand
of God. Now after an hour in the cool water,
he had actually lost all the blood in his body.
But still, he yelled out to Charlie, "Hey, you
ran over me!!"

Charlie was grinning from ear to ear. He
quickly turned the boat around and hit
Mark again. This time, Mark pushed back
with both arms and avoided the prop.
The boat stopped. Only fury can describe
what the wounded shark was feeling.

Quickly he swam to the back of the vessel,
and went to climb the silver ladder. But
it felt like the ladder was missing a step
or two. Something wasn't there. Instead
with a little hand from Charlie he muscled
his way on board.

As he rolled over on the soft back deck
of the boat, he breathed deeply and looked
down so to fix his knee. It was then that
the sight so horrendous met his eyes. The
beloved piece of him that carried him so
far, was no longer there.

Mark was then handed the responsibility of
orchestrating the entire navigational process
back to the dock, then getting an ambulance.
After more than an hour, Mark was awakened
by a bright white light. It wasn't God, they
were television cameras.

He can't tell you about the pain that followed.
Or maybe he just won't. The ambulance drivers
and EMT attendants occasionally see him
around town. They always want to stop and
talk about the night a nice guy managed to
tell jokes in an ambulance, all the while without
a single drop of blood in his body.

Sometimes he thinks about the aluminum
slivers embedded in his spine. Or about the
days when he ran track with the college
athletes. But mostly, he looks down at his
titanium leg, and smiles. After all, it didn't
cost him a penny, and with jeans on no one
has a clue. Now he runs through the woodlands
with the deer and rabbits. But his fish
brothers know he knows them well.

Mark

john.ku...@sympatico.ca

Jan 23, 2009, 6:19:33 PM1/23/09

Did you post this before? I remember seeing some of this but I can't
remember where.

gekko

Jan 23, 2009, 6:24:43 PM1/23/09
The Voices are telling me that on 23 Jan 2009,

From: Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: misc.writing
Subject: Brother Fish
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:33:26 -0800 (PST)

The premonition had been haunting him for months.

[snip]

--
gekko

When someone hurts me, forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit. But
not nearly as gratifying.

Mark

Jan 23, 2009, 6:44:09 PM1/23/09
On Jan 23, 6:19 pm, "Koolchi...@smurfsareus.xxx"
> remember where.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, actually after I first wrote it, I posted it into a
few writing type forums simply based on the literary
value of it. But first I showed it to a few friends in
a moderated group, that knew me well, but didn't
know about my accident. And actually, that is how
I found this group in the first place, by posting it
here.

Mark

Jan 23, 2009, 6:57:00 PM1/23/09
<john.kulczy...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Did you post this before? I remember seeing some of this but I can't
> remember where.-

A little follow up on that story. Charlie was(is) a high
ranking executive in a large insurance company and was
very heavily insured. He was found liable by the dept of
natural resources, and was facing prison time. After
meeting with my attorneys, his company agreed to
a huge out of court settlement, thus getting him off
the hook.

I now retain a team of prominent attorneys as well as
a private investigator. I will never have to work again
nor will my children.

Mark

Grand Mal

Jan 23, 2009, 6:59:37 PM1/23/09

"Mark" <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The following story is one which I wrote, which was
> both cathartic for me, and also satisfying for me
> as a writer, as I chronicled a supernatural event
> which changed my life. There are many first hand
> eye witnesses who are still very familiar with this
> event.
> ____

Hey, this is brilliant stuff. Brilliant.
Please promise you'll bring everything you write and leave it on the porch.

'Racing hither and frow..."
I love it!
"He lept into action..."
It's like I can see it happening!

Mark

Jan 23, 2009, 8:01:38 PM1/23/09
On Jan 23, 6:59 pm, "Grand Mal" <ironw...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> ____
>
> Hey, this is brilliant stuff. Brilliant.
> Please promise you'll bring everything you write and leave it on the porch.

Hey, that's the ol spirit i like to see! Thanks for the
compliment.

Hm, no sense in leaving stuff on your porch. Please e mail
me off list with your mailing address right away.

I've already prepared something for you to read.

Ultraviolet

Jan 23, 2009, 10:34:11 PM1/23/09
On Jan 23, 3:01 pm, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The following story is one which I wrote, which was
> both cathartic for me, and also satisfying for me
> as a writer, as I chronicled a supernatural event
> which changed my life. There are many first hand
> eye witnesses who are still very familiar with this
> event.
> ____
>
> The premonition had been haunting him for months.
> He began to swim further and further each day, as
> if haunted by his appointment with destiny.

cliché

> He
> knew it was coming, but he didn't know when or
> what. He just knew it was to be deep in the water.
>
> Eventually he was able to swim miles with apparent
> ease. But there was no ease. He knew it was coming.

Repetition can work, but here it's tiresome.

> So he trained like an olympic athlete. Now
> incorporating the deadly routine of exhaling all
> breath, and diving deep into the dark, all the while
> evicting  panic and concentrating on a mastery
> of this peculiar skill, to find the surface.

Is that really peculiar? Don't all divers need to find the surface?

> Now he was ready. His muscles ripped and lean,
> with lungs like a frog.

frag

Ripped and lean don't go with frog, which makes him sound small.

> And then.....Charlie called.
>
> Reluctantly Mark agreed to go out on Charlie's
> boat,  he had grown to detest him.

splice

!

> but on
> this July 3rd, and a promise of meeting all the
> ladies at the club, Mark reasoned that maybe
> tommorrow would be a holiday to remember.

awk, sp, cliché

> Charlie pulled up to the dock, drunk and smiley.

ing

> That was the first omenous

sp

> sign. The aluminum
> cans clinked across the deck of the boat as
> they roared off across the navy blue surface,
> growing darker by the minute.

awk

> Later, much later, after too many shrimp, too
> many laughs, too many spirits, and not enough
> sense, Mark finally was able to drag the obnoxious
> Charlie out of the club, down to the boat, and
> then, the two headed back across the starlit water.

Why is Mark putting his life in danger like this? I don't see a
compelling reason. Is Charlie his boss or a valued client?

> Charlie's obnoxious voice perpetually boomed
> with echo,

gah

> in competetion with the sound of the
> racing motor. Racing hither and frow, faster and
> faster, things were quickly spinning out of control.

watch the repetition and clichés

> had had enough.

wha? Did you mess up your C&P?

> He could listen no more
> to the profane ignorance

show it

> coupled with total
> disregard to safety.

meh

> He lept

sp

> into action, and
> bodily removed

how else?

> Charlie from the controls. Quickly
> the boat was brought to a drifting stop.
>
> "See ya Later" was all Charlie heard,

POV switch

> as the
> athlete hit the waters

r's

> surface, cutting it like a
> knife.

cliché

> Like a manic eggbeater,

weird, but interesting image

> he disappeared
> into the night as he had done so many times
> before, to join all the other fish who had just
> gotten off the hook.
>
> And that was that. Peace and Quiet.
>
> Yes it was several miles to his home, but

Yes,

> no matter. He really couldn't think of a
> nicer way to spend an evening. Lady
> Water held him in a warm embrace, as
> they slow danced once again.
>
> He didn't hear anything. I can't really say
> what made him look up.

narr intrusion

> By this time his
> swimming had taken him far, but relaxed
> him into near sleep. But he did look up.
> There was the V of the boat's bow, splitting
> the surface in a white rage, just feet away
> coming straight for his head.

Hard to empathize with such a dingbat protag.

> Now, no longer human, but aquatic, Mark
> instantly dove straight for the black bottom.
> One pull of his arms and he was in an
> unside

up

> down descent, then the 24 foot red
> boat slammed into his torso.

Would he really be thinking that it was red at this point?

> As the massive craft raked down his
> body, pushing him ever deeper, all air was
> violently knocked from his lungs. Then
> came the teeth of the monster. The propeller
> raked down his back, breaking vertibrae

sp

> with every deep chop.

raked/raked -- get a syn

> When the steel hit his hip, it was fractured
> on impact, flipping his right leg upward into
> the spinning prop, completely severing his
> leg between his knee and foot. And down
> he sank. Deeper and deeper.
>
> Drunk Charlie was still smiling. In the darkness
> he had hit another buoy. Off he sped to
> no where, with no functioning mind.

POV (Mark can't know this)

> And, .....it was deep beneath the surface,
> that Mark knew he had made his appointment
> on time.

Wouldn't it have been better to avoid this appointment?

> It really didn't matter who had made
> Charlie's big boat.

wha? Why would this even come up?

> All that mattered was to
> execute that skill he had committed to
> memory. And so, with empty lungs, and
> one leg, he pulled his arms, not really sure
> which way was up. Turns out he was right.
>
> Upon breaking the water's surface, he was
> able to see the tiny light of Charlies boat,

e's

> disappearing off in the night. Once again,
> there was silence. The decision to go to
> shore was quickly dismissed for 2 reasons.

two

> First, he knew he would die there. But,
> more importantly, the little light of Charlies

e's

> boat had stopped, a quarter of a mile away.
>
> Not knowing how badly he was injured,
> Mark now knew what he must do. He would
> swim after the little light, and if it took all
> night he would catch that boat, and when
> he did he would kick Charlies ass and throw

's

> him overboard.
>
> Time became an eternity.

cliché

> Mark reasoned
> that his right knee must be dislocated, so
> he used a side stroke, left kick with much
> success. Closer and closer he got. His
> hope was building, but his strength was
> fading. Maybe he wouldn't slap Charlie just
> yet. A warm bed sounded better.
>
> Truely, I can tell you first hand,

narr intrusion

> Mark made
> it to Charlie's boat thru the miraculous hand
> of God.

Wouldn't it have been more miraculous if he hadn't gotten back on the
boat after the party, or had taken over the controls instead of
jumping off, or hadn't gotten his leg severed? Doesn't really sound
like God was looking out for the dude.

> Now after an hour in the cool water,
> he had actually lost all the blood in his body.

impossible

> But still, he yelled out to Charlie, "Hey, you
> ran over me!!"

right, cuz he's a vampire now

> Charlie was grinning from ear to ear. He
> quickly turned the boat around and hit
> Mark again. This time, Mark pushed back
> with both arms and avoided the prop.
> The boat stopped. Only fury can describe
> what the wounded shark was feeling.
>
> Quickly he swam to the back of the vessel,
> and went to climb the silver ladder. But
> it felt like the ladder was missing a step
> or two. Something wasn't there. Instead
> with a little hand from Charlie he muscled
> his way on board.

So Charlie hit him again (deliberately?) and is now offering a hand?

> As he rolled over on the soft back deck
> of the boat, he breathed deeply and looked
> down so to fix his knee.

so to fix?

> It was then that
> the sight so horrendous met his eyes. The
> beloved piece of him that carried him so
> far, was no longer there.

gah, awk

> Mark was then handed the responsibility of
> orchestrating the entire navigational process
> back to the dock, then getting an ambulance.

then/then

> After more than an hour, Mark was awakened
> by a bright white light. It wasn't God, they
> were television cameras.

splice

> He can't tell you about the pain that followed.
> Or maybe he just won't. The ambulance drivers
> and EMT attendants occasionally see him
> around town. They always want to stop and
> talk about the night a nice guy managed to
> tell jokes in an ambulance, all the while without
> a single drop of blood in his body.

one "miracle" per story is better, IMO

> Sometimes he thinks about the aluminum
> slivers embedded in his spine. Or about the
> days when he ran track with the college
> athletes. But mostly, he looks down at his
> titanium leg, and smiles. After all, it didn't
> cost him a penny, and with jeans on no one
> has a clue. Now he runs through the woodlands
> with the deer and rabbits. But his fish
> brothers know he knows them well.

This needs a lot of work, but it could be a fun little piece.

Hope I helped!

--
UV

Mark

Jan 23, 2009, 11:57:34 PM1/23/09
On Jan 23, 10:34 pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 3:01 pm, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > The following story is one which I wrote, which was
> > both cathartic for me, and also satisfying for me
> > as a writer, as I chronicled a supernatural event
> > which changed my life. There are many first hand
> > eye witnesses who are still very familiar with this
> > event.
> > ____
>
> > The premonition had been haunting him for months.
> > He began to swim further and further each day, as
> > if haunted by his appointment with destiny.
>
> cliché

agreed

> > He
> > knew it was coming, but he didn't know when or
> > what. He just knew it was to be deep in the water.
>
> > Eventually he was able to swim miles with apparent
> > ease. But there was no ease. He knew it was coming.
>
> Repetition can work, but here it's tiresome.

Yep. That was an accident I forgot to change

> > So he trained like an olympic athlete. Now
> > incorporating the deadly routine of exhaling all
> > breath, and diving deep into the dark, all the while
> > evicting  panic and concentrating on a mastery
> > of this peculiar skill, to find the surface.
>
> Is that really peculiar? Don't all divers need to find the surface?

This point is pivitol. "Free" divers (no tanks), *never* go under
with deflated lungs. You sink like a rock, and your oxygen
runs out before you start down.

I found it intuitively important to learn this little "trick",
where I blew out all my air, and then went down. The
first reaction is a feeling of panic frankly. Over many
many tries I got used to it enough to stay down for
a short bit and come back up with zero buoyancy.
Learning this contributed greatly to escaping death.

> > Now he was ready. His muscles ripped and lean,
> > with lungs like a frog.
>
> frag

What does frag mean?

> Ripped and lean don't go with frog, which makes him sound small.

I see what you mean from a literature point, but from a reality
point, to have lungs like a frog is amazing

> > And then.....Charlie called.
>
> > Reluctantly Mark agreed to go out on Charlie's
> > boat,  he had grown to detest him.
>
> splice

yep

> > The drunken millionaire was a big boar,
>
> !
>
> > but on
> > this July 3rd, and a promise of meeting all the
> > ladies at the club, Mark reasoned that maybe
> > tommorrow would be a holiday to remember.
>
> awk, sp, cliché

not sure what you mean. he called me at work and
asked me to go out that evening, but i said no. The
only way he talked me into it was promises of
introductions.

wait, nevermind,....i see what you mean. phrasing.

> > Charlie pulled up to the dock, drunk and smiley.
>
> ing
>
> > That was the first omenous
>
> sp
>
> > sign. The aluminum
> > cans clinked across the deck of the boat as
> > they roared off across the navy blue surface,
> > growing darker by the minute.
>
> awk

thanks, i see it now

> > Later, much later, after too many shrimp, too
> > many laughs, too many spirits, and not enough
> > sense, Mark finally was able to drag the obnoxious
> > Charlie out of the club, down to the boat, and
> > then, the two headed back across the starlit water.
>
> Why is Mark putting his life in danger like this? I don't see a
> compelling reason. Is Charlie his boss or a valued client?

Charlie had a way of functioning fairly well, once he got
the wind in face. He was the only way back by water.
Yes, he also was very loose with his cash, and could
be persuaded to have any sort of improvement done, on
both his house, lawn or boat. It was an ongoing arrangement.

> > Charlie's obnoxious voice perpetually boomed
> > with echo,
>
> gah

poor wording?

> > in competetion with the sound of the
> > racing motor. Racing hither and frow, faster and
> > faster, things were quickly spinning out of control.
>
> watch the repetition and clichés

yep

> > had had enough.
>
> wha? Did you mess up your C&P?

lol, sloppiness

> > He could listen no more
> > to the profane ignorance
>
> show it

it actually makes me mad again to think about
it, but.....yeah

> > coupled with total
> > disregard to safety.
>
> meh

what does that mean, missing an "a"

> > He lept
>
> sp

dreadful

> > into action, and
> > bodily removed
>
> how else?

persuation

> > Charlie from the controls. Quickly
> > the boat was brought to a drifting stop.
>
> > "See ya Later" was all Charlie heard,
>
> POV switch

interesting

> > as the
> > athlete hit the waters
>
> r's

laziness

> > surface, cutting it like a
> > knife.
>
> cliché

um, yeah

> > Like a manic eggbeater,
>
> weird, but interesting image
>
> > he disappeared
> > into the night as he had done so many times
> > before, to join all the other fish who had just
> > gotten off the hook.
>
> > And that was that. Peace and Quiet.
>
> > Yes it was several miles to his home, but
>
> Yes,

lazy

> > no matter. He really couldn't think of a
> > nicer way to spend an evening. Lady
> > Water held him in a warm embrace, as
> > they slow danced once again.
>
> > He didn't hear anything. I can't really say
> > what made him look up.
>
> narr intrusion

wow, you're good

> > By this time his
> > swimming had taken him far, but relaxed
> > him into near sleep. But he did look up.
> > There was the V of the boat's bow, splitting
> > the surface in a white rage, just feet away
> > coming straight for his head.
>
> Hard to empathize with such a dingbat protag.

that's what his lawyer said too

> > Now, no longer human, but aquatic, Mark
> > instantly dove straight for the black bottom.
> > One pull of his arms and he was in an
> > unside
>
> up

didn't notice that one

> > down descent, then the 24 foot red
> > boat slammed into his torso.
>
> Would he really be thinking that it was red at this point?

I wasn't. but I was just passing on that
known fact to the reader. I think I see what
ya mean.

> > As the massive craft raked down his
> > body, pushing him ever deeper, all air was
> > violently knocked from his lungs. Then
> > came the teeth of the monster. The propeller
> > raked down his back, breaking vertibrae
>
> sp

inexcusable

> > with every deep chop.
>
> raked/raked -- get a syn

hm

> > When the steel hit his hip, it was fractured
> > on impact, flipping his right leg upward into
> > the spinning prop, completely severing his
> > leg between his knee and foot. And down
> > he sank. Deeper and deeper.
>
> > Drunk Charlie was still smiling. In the darkness
> > he had hit another buoy. Off he sped to
> > no where, with no functioning mind.
>
> POV (Mark can't know this)

ok

> > And, .....it was deep beneath the surface,
> > that Mark knew he had made his appointment
> > on time.
>
> Wouldn't it have been better to avoid this appointment?

The appointment was inevitable. But the phrasing should
be different

> > It really didn't matter who had made
> > Charlie's big boat.
>
> wha? Why would this even come up?

OK, it isn't even really in the story. I added that
when I gave a copy to someone after i had
written the following;

When you find yourself sinking
In the miry moat
Best not to dwell on who
Built the boat
Dwell not on sinking
And how best to float

point of philosophy i guess. all survivors say it i guess, but
the reasons may be psychological

> > Now after an hour in the cool water,
> > he had actually lost all the blood in his body.
>
> impossible

there was no blood whatsoever left inside
the boat whereon I laid. the ambulance attendents
found no blood pressure. they attached 4 i.v.'s
and pumped me full of saline. chris sanders, the
head emt has told me on numerous occasions
that i had "no blood" due to the numerous
deep deep cuts, the time lapse, and the
very long swim which took 30 minutes.

no, seriously, .....i had no blood.

> > But still, he yelled out to Charlie, "Hey, you
> > ran over me!!"
>
> right, cuz he's a vampire now
>
> > Charlie was grinning from ear to ear. He
> > quickly turned the boat around and hit
> > Mark again. This time, Mark pushed back
> > with both arms and avoided the prop.
> > The boat stopped. Only fury can describe
> > what the wounded shark was feeling.
>
> > Quickly he swam to the back of the vessel,
> > and went to climb the silver ladder. But
> > it felt like the ladder was missing a step
> > or two. Something wasn't there. Instead
> > with a little hand from Charlie he muscled
> > his way on board.
>
> So Charlie hit him again (deliberately?) and is now offering a hand?

Not deliberatly. The fool just didn't know how to turn a
boat around, and he didn't have any headlights whatsoever
either.

> > As he rolled over on the soft back deck
> > of the boat, he breathed deeply and looked
> > down so to fix his knee.
>
> so to fix?

put back into socket. I just thought my knee had
been knocked out of socket. didn't know my leg
was cut off.

> > It was then that
> > the sight so horrendous met his eyes. The
> > beloved piece of him that carried him so
> > far, was no longer there.
>
> gah, awk

a reword you're saying

> > Mark was then handed the responsibility of
> > orchestrating the entire navigational process
> > back to the dock, then getting an ambulance.
>
> then/then

yep

> > After more than an hour, Mark was awakened
> > by a bright white light. It wasn't God, they
> > were television cameras.
>
> splice
>
> > He can't tell you about the pain that followed.
> > Or maybe he just won't. The ambulance drivers
> > and EMT attendants occasionally see him
> > around town. They always want to stop and
> > talk about the night a nice guy managed to
> > tell jokes in an ambulance, all the while without
> > a single drop of blood in his body.
>
> one "miracle" per story is better, IMO

yeah, probably. its just the one thing that sticks most
in my mind, but yeah, strategic placement once.

> > Sometimes he thinks about the aluminum
> > slivers embedded in his spine. Or about the
> > days when he ran track with the college
> > athletes. But mostly, he looks down at his
> > titanium leg, and smiles. After all, it didn't
> > cost him a penny, and with jeans on no one
> > has a clue. Now he runs through the woodlands
> > with the deer and rabbits. But his fish
> > brothers know he knows them well.
>
> This needs a lot of work, but it could be a fun little piece.
>
> Hope I helped!

Wow, I've never seen how proofreading "goes down".
I could have picked out several errors of spelling and
laziness, but nothing like you found. You-are-good!

Is this what you do? Anyway, thank you very much.

Mark

> --
> UV

Towse

Jan 24, 2009, 2:21:37 AM1/24/09
Mark wrote:
> On Jan 23, 10:34 pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 23, 3:01 pm, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Now after an hour in the cool water,
>>> he had actually lost all the blood in his body.

>> impossible
>
> there was no blood whatsoever left inside
> the boat whereon I laid.

No blood left inside the boat != (lost all the blood in your body)

> the ambulance attendents found no blood pressure.

[attendants ... spelling]

No blood pressure != (lost all the blood in your body)

> they attached 4 i.v.'s and pumped me full of saline. chris sanders, the
> head emt has told me on numerous occasions
> that i had "no blood" due to the numerous
> deep deep cuts, the time lapse, and the
> very long swim which took 30 minutes.

Well, fine. Whoever Chris Sanders might be. You could not have had "no
blood" although you could have had no blood pressure.

HTH!

--
Sal

Ye olde swarm of links: thousands of links for writers, researchers and
the terminally curious <http://writers.internet-resources.com>

Mark

Jan 24, 2009, 8:18:15 AM1/24/09
On Jan 24, 2:21 am, Towse <s...@towse.com> wrote:

> Well, fine. Whoever Chris Sanders might be. You could not have had "no
> blood" although you could have had no blood pressure.

I buy that. Twas just a repeated statement by the attendees

> HTH!

i dont know what HTH means

Ultraviolet

Jan 24, 2009, 9:33:33 AM1/24/09
On Jan 23, 8:57 pm, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 10:34 pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

<>

> > Is that really peculiar? Don't all divers need to find the surface?
>
> This point is pivitol. "Free" divers (no tanks), *never* go under
> with deflated lungs. You sink like a rock, and your oxygen
> runs out before you start down.

You need to explain this in the story for the non-divers.

> I found it intuitively important to learn this little "trick",
> where I blew out all my air, and then went down. The
> first reaction is a feeling of panic frankly. Over many
> many tries I got used to it enough to stay down for
> a short bit and come back up with zero buoyancy.
> Learning this contributed greatly to escaping death.

This could help build suspense if it was woven through his swim
training. That section went past too quickly anyway to make the reader
feel a sense of approaching danger.

<>

> > frag
>
> What does frag mean?

Sentence fragment.

<>

> > Why is Mark putting his life in danger like this? I don't see a
> > compelling reason. Is Charlie his boss or a valued client?
>
> Charlie had a way of functioning fairly well, once he got
> the wind in face. He was the only way back by water.
> Yes, he also was very loose with his cash, and could
> be persuaded to have any sort of improvement done, on
> both his house, lawn or boat. It was an ongoing arrangement.

Put that in. Make us see why Mark would endanger his life to party
with the guy.

<>

> OK, it isn't even really in the story. I added that
> when I gave a copy to someone after i had
> written the following;
>
> When you find yourself sinking
> In the miry moat
> Best not to dwell on who
> Built the boat
> Dwell not on sinking
> And how best to float

Cute.

<>

> > Wouldn't it have been more miraculous if he hadn't gotten back on the
> > boat after the party, or had taken over the controls instead of
> > jumping off, or hadn't gotten his leg severed? Doesn't really sound
> > like God was looking out for the dude.
>
> point of philosophy i guess. all survivors say it i guess, but
> the reasons may be psychological

Yes. I find that interesting. People focus on the good -- "Well, my
house was destroyed in the hurricane, but -- lookit -- here's my
baby's photo album in the rubble. It's a MIRACLE FROM GOD!!!" They
don't say, well, fuck, why couldn't God have saved my house and taken
the damn photo album? You aren't railing at God for losing your leg,
which I find odd. This God you credit for giving you the premonition
of danger and the urge to do specialized swim training is presumably
the same God who could have prevented the accident altogether.

> no, seriously, .....i had no blood.

No.

<>

> Wow, I've never seen how proofreading "goes down".
> I could have picked out several errors of spelling and
> laziness, but nothing like you found. You-are-good!

Thx. I probably missed some spelling errors. Your writing contains a
lot of them, and you should work on that.

> Is this what you do? Anyway, thank you very much.

I belong to two crit groups and also proofread documents at work.

--
UV

Mark

Jan 24, 2009, 10:11:59 AM1/24/09
On Jan 24, 9:33 am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. I find that interesting. People focus on the good -- "Well, my
> house was destroyed in the hurricane, but -- lookit -- here's my
> baby's photo album in the rubble. It's a MIRACLE FROM GOD!!!" They
> don't say, well, fuck, why couldn't God have saved my house and taken
> the damn photo album? You aren't railing at God for losing your leg,
> which I find odd. This God you credit for giving you the premonition
> of danger and the urge to do specialized swim training is presumably
> the same God who could have prevented the accident altogether.

God showed me a vision of what was to come. It was a horrifing
scenerio. At first it appeared to be an alligator chewing on me.
I told many people that I had an upcoming episode to endure,
and it became a little joke with my friends, ie, "hey Mark, look,
I think I see that alligator swimming under your dock!"

I not only knew of what was to come, I was also given many
"whispers" of the aftermath too, which clued me in to several
aspects of subsequent hardships that would continue for a
long time afterwards.

The reality of it all was so clear, that a "fight or flight" mode
of response was triggered. Since I'm a "type A" personality,
I naturally began swimming, and searching, trying to find
it before it found me.

I can tell you with complete conviction, that this event is
the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life.
The ripples of aftermath have gone far beyond what I
could ever have achieved had this not happened. More
joy and love and significance to the meaning of life has
occured not just for me, but for many others as a direct
result of this seemingly tragic event. I have touched
hundreds of lives by what I've done with my time, talents,
and resources, and in the end, for me....I see that
my little role in all of this was for the better good.

> > Is this what you do? Anyway, thank you very much.
>
> I belong to two crit groups and also proofread documents at work.

I've never delved into journalism and editing. However I've spent
thousands of hours watching my presses spin, and smelling
the ink and alcohol,....watching the sheets drop down,
overseeing the plates getting burned, and the negatives
getting shot and developed.

I say, anyone who's ever owned a publishing operation, if
given the chance to finally get out of it, would *never* do
it again.

Thank you again. I'm impressed.

---
Mark

> --
> UV

Ultraviolet

Jan 24, 2009, 4:03:13 PM1/24/09
On Jan 24, 7:11 am, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<>

> I can tell you with complete conviction, that this event is
> the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life.
> The ripples of aftermath have gone far beyond what I
> could ever have achieved had this not happened. More
> joy and love and significance to the meaning of life has
> occured  not just for me, but for many others as a direct
> result of this seemingly tragic event. I have touched
> hundreds of lives by what I've done with my time, talents,
> and resources, and in the end, for me....I see that
> my little role in all of this was for the better good.

This is the heart of your story, giving the earlier part richness and
significance. Without this, the rest doesn't really mean anything. Of
course, I mean that you should actually *show* it with specifics.

--
UV

Mark

Jan 24, 2009, 8:36:07 PM1/24/09

UV, I want to thank you for taking the time to look over
my story and being kind enough to offer you expertise.
Both you and PJ have been very nice to me, and that I will
not forget.

Mark

Alan Hope

Jan 25, 2009, 12:25:33 PM1/25/09
Mark goes:

Are we supposed to believe that ridiculous story of a guy swimming
half an hour with fractured vertebrae, a broken hip and a severed leg
is true?

You're off your fucking head, pal.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Mark

Jan 25, 2009, 12:47:51 PM1/25/09
On Jan 25, 12:25 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are we supposed to believe that ridiculous story of a guy swimming
> half an hour with fractured vertebrae, a broken hip and a severed leg
> is true?
>
> You're off your fucking head, pal.

It happened.

Jackson Pillock

Jan 25, 2009, 2:10:23 PM1/25/09
On 23 Jan, 23:01, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The following story is one which I wrote, which was
> both cathartic for me, and also satisfying for me
> as a writer, as I chronicled a supernatural event
> which changed my life. There are many first hand
> eye witnesses who are still very familiar with this
> event.
> ____

Hey Mark. I wonder if you can answer a couple of questions.

> He didn't hear anything.

That's really strange to me, because when I swim in the sea, it's
always surprising to me how water carries sound, especially of any
motorboats in the water.

I can't really say
> what made him look up. By this time his
> swimming had taken him far, but relaxed
> him into near sleep. But he did look up.
> There was the V of the boat's bow, splitting
> the surface in a white rage, just feet away
> coming straight for his head.

'Just feet away...'? About how many feet, would you say?

> Now, no longer human, but aquatic, Mark
> instantly dove straight for the black bottom.
> One pull of his arms and he was in an
> unside down descent, then the 24 foot red
> boat slammed into his torso.

I just can't imagine how that happened. You say he was in an upside-
down descent, but the boat slammed into his torso. Not his legs. I
don't get it. Can you describe this more clearly?

> As the massive craft raked down his
> body, pushing him ever deeper, all air was
> violently knocked from his lungs. Then
> came the teeth of the monster. The propeller
> raked down his back, breaking vertibrae with
> every deep chop.

Most people would not call a 24' boat "massive"; at any rate the draft
is not likely to be more than a few feet, so why did it 'push him ever
deeper'?

I also don't understand how his body stayed aligned with the
propeller, despite being recieving 'deep chops'. Why did the first
'deep chop' not throw him to the side?

Very puzzling.

Mark

Jan 25, 2009, 2:38:06 PM1/25/09
On Jan 25, 2:10 pm, Jackson Pillock <andy...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 23 Jan, 23:01, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > The following story is one which I wrote, which was
> > both cathartic for me, and also satisfying for me
> > as a writer, as I chronicled a supernatural event
> > which changed my life. There are many first hand
> > eye witnesses who are still very familiar with this
> > event.
> > ____
>
> Hey Mark. I wonder if you can answer a couple of questions.

Sure man.

> > He didn't hear anything.
>
> That's really strange to me, because when I swim in the sea, it's
> always surprising to me how water carries sound, especially of any
> motorboats in the water.

Exactly, and I've also dodged boats by that method.

My memory is...*not* hearing sound. That's my memory.
But after the trauma, and a week in intensive care, and
another month in the hopital on a morphine drip, I may have
forgotten that a sound "tipped" me off.

> I can't really say
>
> > what made him look up. By this time his
> > swimming had taken him far, but relaxed
> > him into near sleep. But he did look up.
> > There was the V of the boat's bow, splitting
> > the surface in a white rage, just feet away
> > coming straight for his head.
>
> 'Just feet away...'? About how many feet, would you say?

pretty much.....30 ft.

> > Now, no longer human, but aquatic, Mark
> > instantly dove straight for the black bottom.
> > One pull of his arms and he was in an
> > unside down descent, then the 24 foot red
> > boat slammed into his torso.
>
> I just can't imagine how that happened. You say he was in an upside-
> down descent, but the boat slammed into his torso. Not his legs. I
> don't get it. Can you describe this more clearly?

Yes. I had like 2 seconds to invert. The boat was then to my
back (me, upside down). The leading edge of the bow went
over me between my legs, and then the back of the boat's
bottom "smacked" me horizontal, and the prop then ran down
my back, my ass, and cut both legs, but my right leg got
sucked into the prop directly, and spliced my tibia.

> > As the massive craft raked down his
> > body, pushing him ever deeper, all air was
> > violently knocked from his lungs. Then
> > came the teeth of the monster. The propeller
> > raked down his back, breaking vertibrae with
> > every deep chop.
>
> Most people would not call a 24' boat "massive"; at any rate the draft
> is not likely to be more than a few feet, so why did it 'push him ever
> deeper'?

I'll tell you why I said "massive". First of all, it was a "deep hull"
design
if you know what that is, also it was a very heavy boat relatively
speaking
compared to say.....a typical 16' runabout. As far as being pushed
ever
deeped, well, you ever had something knock the shit out of you so
hard,
it smacked the air right out of your lungs. That's what happened. Then
with no buoyancy, the water swirls just sent me on down.

> I also don't understand how his body stayed aligned with the
> propeller, despite being recieving 'deep chops'. Why did the first
> 'deep chop' not throw him to the side?

See above. He hit me "dead center" upside down, and went
between my legs. Then the boat bottom uprighted me about
somewhere near the prop. The first deep cut is at belt line.

> Very puzzling.

Not really.

Mark

ps...I'm still a free diver

Jackson Pillock

Jan 25, 2009, 4:23:58 PM1/25/09

I don't know where you wear your belt, but mine goes around my waist,
at the base of the lumbar curve, in fact below the vertebrae. The
propeller "raked _down_" your back, not up (my emphasis). Yet the
'first deep cut is at the belt line.' This is not getting any
clearer.

Mark

Jan 25, 2009, 4:39:46 PM1/25/09

I could have said, raked down my backside. The first cut, which
broke a vertebrae, is about 2 inches above my pants. I said
"beltline" as I didn't realize you needed such explicit detail.

We should set up an independant escroe account, made known
to interested parties. Whatever amount of money you think you
would like to wager, I will match it. It would be held by an
independent accounting/legal firm. Then you simply write up
in detail, what you refute here. I will have the medical, police,
and legal documents submitted to the third party. If I'm
lying you get all the money. If not, I do. I open the bid right
now with ten thousand dollars. Archive this post as proof
of my terms.

If you won't do that, I'll still answer a few more questions,
because I want the world to know about the existence of
precognition.

Ok?

Mark

Jackson Pillock

Jan 25, 2009, 4:54:01 PM1/25/09
On 25 Jan, 21:39, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 4:23 pm, Jackson Pillock <andy...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > On 25 Jan, 19:38, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 25, 2:10 pm, Jackson Pillock <andy...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > > See above. He hit me "dead center" upside down, and went
> > > between my legs. Then the boat bottom uprighted me about
> > > somewhere near the prop. The first deep cut is at belt line.
>
> > I don't know where you wear your belt, but mine goes around my waist,
> > at the base of the lumbar curve, in fact below the vertebrae. The
> > propeller "raked _down_" your back, not up (my emphasis). Yet the
> > 'first deep cut is at the belt line.' This is not getting any
> > clearer.
>
> I could have said, raked down my backside. The first cut, which
> broke a vertebrae, is about 2 inches above my pants. I said
> "beltline" as I didn't realize you needed such explicit detail.

I'm still confused. In the words of your "True Psychic Story,"

"...the massive craft raked down his

body, pushing him ever deeper, all air was
violently knocked from his lungs. Then
came the teeth of the monster. The propeller
raked down his back, breaking vertibrae with
every deep chop."

Are you now saying that it should read, "...breaking a vertebra with
the first deep chop?" Pretty bizarre mistake to have made, isn't it?

> We should set up an independant escroe account, made known
> to interested parties. Whatever amount of money you think you
> would like to wager, I will match it. It would be held by an
> independent accounting/legal firm. Then you simply write up
> in detail, what you refute here. I will have the medical, police,
> and legal documents submitted to the third party. If I'm
> lying you get all the money. If not, I do. I open the bid right
> now with ten thousand dollars. Archive this post as proof
> of my terms.

Why go to any bother? According to your account, your accident was
covered on the local TV news. Simply provide the date and location of
your accident and I'll do the rest. If I find you're telling the
truth, I'll post a full, grovelling apology.

Or, if you like, simply post the details here and make me look like a
total asshole, doubting a survivor's story.

> If you won't do that, I'll still answer a few more questions,
> because I want the world to know about the existence of
> precognition.
>
> Ok?

Great. Let's stick with your injuries for now. You suffered a hip
fracture, traumatic amputation of your right leg below the knee, and
broken vertebrae (several, according to your original account). Yet
you were able to swim a quarter of a mile, steer the boat home (having
been run down a second time) and crack jokes in the ambulance. Is that
right?

Just to be clear, how many vertebrae were broken by the 'deep
chops' (several, not one, if your original is correct)?

Mark

Jan 25, 2009, 6:27:27 PM1/25/09
On Jan 25, 4:54 pm, Jackson Pillock <andy...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > > I don't know where you wear your belt, but mine goes around my waist,
> > > at the base of the lumbar curve, in fact below the vertebrae. The
> > > propeller "raked _down_" your back, not up (my emphasis). Yet the
> > > 'first deep cut is at the belt line.' This is not getting any
> > > clearer.
>
> > I could have said, raked down my backside. The first cut, which
> > broke a vertebrae, is about 2 inches above my pants. I said
> > "beltline" as I didn't realize you needed such explicit detail.
>
> I'm still confused. In the words of your "True Psychic Story,"
>
> "...the massive craft raked down his
> body, pushing him ever deeper, all air was
> violently knocked from his lungs. Then
> came the teeth of the monster. The propeller
> raked down his back, breaking vertibrae with
> every deep chop."
>
> Are you now saying that it should read, "...breaking a vertebra with
> the first deep chop?" Pretty bizarre mistake to have made, isn't it?

No, there were 2 vertebra broken. nothing bizarre at all about that,
in light of the fact that I didn't expound on the even deeper damage
to my hip, and *both* legs. Artist license, without mistruth.

> > We should set up an independant escroe account, made known
> > to interested parties. Whatever amount of money you think you
> > would like to wager, I will match it. It would be held by an
> > independent accounting/legal firm. Then you simply write up
> > in detail, what you refute here. I will have the medical, police,
> > and legal documents submitted to the third party. If I'm
> > lying you get all the money. If not, I do. I open the bid right
> > now with ten thousand dollars. Archive this post as proof
> > of my terms.
>
> Why go to any bother? According to your account, your accident was
> covered on the local TV news. Simply provide the date and location of
> your accident and I'll do the rest. If I find you're telling the
> truth, I'll post a full, grovelling apology.

Because I am a man that knows how to make the bucks, that's why.
Before we decides who won, I'll go to the trouble of putting it on you
tube
and posting it here. Also, I want your apology to be reposted once a
month for one year. And above the 10 grand, I want you to also pay
35 hundred (assuming you lose) for my time of getting all the
evidence
together.

> Or, if you like, simply post the details here and make me look like a
> total asshole, doubting a survivor's story.

I'm sitting here typing this sentence with one leg, and metal
fragments in my back and hip. You might imagine what I'm
thinking.

> > If you won't do that, I'll still answer a few more questions,
> > because I want the world to know about the existence of
> > precognition.
>
> > Ok?
>
> Great. Let's stick with your injuries for now. You suffered a hip
> fracture, traumatic amputation of your right leg below the knee, and
> broken vertebrae (several, according to your original account). Yet
> you were able to swim a quarter of a mile, steer the boat home (having
> been run down a second time) and crack jokes in the ambulance. Is that
> right?

Very very close, yes. I didn't steer the boat, I "navigated". Charlie
kept
passing out on the way back, and I had to scream at him more than
once, and keep telling him to "look out for this" or "look out for
that",
all the while trying to keep myself conscious. The 2nd time he hit me,
it was very low speed, and I just pushed my self back, didn't get
run over, just bumped back, but still, I was spent by then.

When we stopped at my dock, he ran up to my house, and I went
to sleep. I was awakened by TV cameras and 4 people working on
me. Someone said, " I think he's dead ". When I heard that I
said, " Hey, shut the hell up, I'm ain't dead yet!" They all started
laughed. I was a gruesome scene. They saw my back and nearly
got sick. Keith said, " Mark, can you feel this?" and he wiggled
my left foot. I said, "yes". Then he touched my knee, and said," can
you feel this?" Again I said, "yes". But when he touched me kinda
high on my thigh and asked the same question, I said, " What the
hell are doing, are you gay or something ? " And everyone busted
out laughing. They told me to relax, that I was in shock. I told them
that I know what shock feels like, and I wasn't in shock.

I kept that attitude up until about half way to the hospital, until
I passed out from sheer pain and blood loss. They attribute my
humor to shock. I don't.

> Just to be clear, how many vertebrae were broken by the 'deep

> chops' (several, not one, if your original is correct)?-

The cuts on me, and my memory tell me 2. But for $10,000 dollars
I want to double check the medical records. Frankly, there isn't
a whole lot of difference when you leg has been completely
cut off.

The important thing is that I foretold of this disaster months before
it occured, except I thought it would be an alligator.

Also, between my posts, I went for a sunset ride over the bridge
that overlooks this event. Last week I ran into one of my attorneys
in a restaurant and we rehashed this whole thing.

I'm new back to the internet. I plan to set up this whole 3rd party
arrangement with our without you, and any time someone wants
to call me a liar about anything which I can prove, I will take their
cash. I used to hustle pool, and count on being underestimated.
It's all part of the game.

Anything else you'd care to dispute?

Keep in mind, this is not gambling on my part, as I haven't
gambled in many years. The only gamble is on your part.
As far as I'm concerned, it's just a contractual agreement.

Mark

John Ashby

Jan 26, 2009, 1:48:57 AM1/26/09

> I'm sitting here typing this sentence with one leg, and metal
>fragments in my back and hip. You might imagine what I'm
>thinking.

"Why don't I use my fingers like everybody else?"

john

Towse

Jan 26, 2009, 2:21:10 AM1/26/09

*snrk*

And then one wonders, as one is wont to do .. about
<http://www.google.com/search?q=hypovolemic+shock>

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 6:05:05 AM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 1:48 am, "John Ashby" <johnashb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Mark" <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

LOL! I'm never one to turn away helpful hints. I
see my spelling improving already.

Mark

boots

Jan 26, 2009, 6:26:36 AM1/26/09
Mark <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You might be able to improve your spelling by installing an automatic
checking program in your computer, presuming it didn't think itself
smarter than you and correctly spell the unintended word. Typing with
your fingers might require some actual discipline. Typing sentences
that mean what you intend might require even more discipline.

I don't hold much hope for your survival here. Your writing is so
poor sometimes that you're forced to argue with people to make your
meaning clear. Then you get angry and pitch fits at them. All of
which makes you totally non-unique and suits you for the category
"chewtoy".

Some chewtoys dissolve quickly and disappear. Others are fun to chew
on for a long time. A few improve their writing as a matter of
self-defense. The odds are heavily against you.

--
sig text to prevent insertion of advertising

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 6:44:37 AM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 6:26 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
> sig text to prevent insertion of advertising- Hide quoted text -

Have a nice day

boots

Jan 26, 2009, 6:46:45 AM1/26/09
Mark <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You just improved the odds for your survival; there is little profit
in betting with the odds.

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 6:49:18 AM1/26/09

Take care

Jackson Pillock

Jan 26, 2009, 1:36:23 PM1/26/09
On 25 Jan, 23:27, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > I could have said, raked down my backside. The first cut, which
> > > broke a vertebrae, is about 2 inches above my pants. I said
> > > "beltline" as I didn't realize you needed such explicit detail.
>
> > I'm still confused. In the words of your "True Psychic Story,"
>
> > "...the massive craft raked down his
> > body, pushing him ever deeper, all air was
> > violently knocked from his lungs. Then
> > came the teeth of the monster. The propeller
> > raked down his back, breaking vertibrae with
> > every deep chop."
>
> > Are you now saying that it should read, "...breaking a vertebra with
> > the first deep chop?" Pretty bizarre mistake to have made, isn't it?
>
> No, there were 2 vertebra broken. nothing bizarre at all about that,
> in light of the fact that I didn't expound on the even deeper damage
> to my hip, and *both* legs.  Artist license, without mistruth.

Ah. 'Artistic licence.' Thank you. By the way, it's one vertebra, two
vertebrae.

> > > We should set up an independant escroe account, made known
> > > to interested parties. Whatever amount of money you think you
> > > would like to wager, I will match it. It would be held by an
> > > independent accounting/legal firm. Then you simply write up
> > > in detail, what you refute here. I will have the medical, police,
> > > and legal documents submitted to the third party. If I'm
> > > lying you get all the money. If not, I do. I open the bid right
> > > now with ten thousand dollars. Archive this post as proof
> > > of my terms.
>
> > Why go to any bother? According to your account, your accident was
> > covered on the local TV news. Simply provide the date and location of
> > your accident and I'll do the rest. If I find you're telling the
> > truth, I'll post a full, grovelling apology.
>
> Because I am a man that knows how to make the bucks, that's why.
> Before we decides who won, I'll go to the trouble of putting it on you
> tube
> and posting it here. Also, I want your apology to be reposted once a
> month for one year. And above the 10 grand, I want you to also pay
> 35 hundred  (assuming you lose) for my time of getting all the
> evidence
> together.

If you want to provide supporting material, feel free. I'll read it,
and, if warranted, issue a grovelling apology.

> > Or, if you like, simply post the details here and make me look like a
> > total asshole, doubting a survivor's story.
>
>  I'm sitting here typing this sentence with one leg, and metal
> fragments in my back and hip. You might imagine what I'm
> thinking.

No idea.

> > > If you won't do that, I'll still answer a few more questions,
> > > because I want the world to know about the existence of
> > > precognition.
>
> > > Ok?
>
> > Great. Let's stick with your injuries for now. You suffered a hip
> > fracture, traumatic amputation of your right leg below the knee, and
> > broken vertebrae (several, according to your original account). Yet
> > you were able to swim a quarter of a mile, steer the boat home (having
> > been run down a second time) and crack jokes in the ambulance. Is that
> > right?
>
> Very very close, yes.  I didn't steer the boat, I "navigated". Charlie
> kept
> passing out on the way back, and I had to scream at him more than
> once, and keep telling him to "look out for this" or "look out for
> that",
> all the while trying to keep myself conscious. The 2nd time he hit me,
> it was very low speed, and I just pushed my self back, didn't get
> run over, just bumped back, but still, I was spent by then.
>
> When we stopped at my dock, he ran up to my house, and I went
> to sleep. I was awakened by TV cameras and 4 people working on
> me.  Someone said, " I think he's dead ".  When I heard that I
> said, " Hey, shut the hell up, I'm ain't dead yet!"  They all started
> laughed.  I was a gruesome scene. They saw my back and nearly
> got sick.

How do you know that?

 Keith said, " Mark, can you feel this?"  and he wiggled
> my left foot. I said, "yes".  Then he touched my knee, and said," can
> you feel this?"  Again I said, "yes".  But when he touched me kinda
> high on my thigh and asked the same question, I said, " What the
> hell are doing, are you gay or something ? "  And everyone busted
> out laughing.  They told me to relax, that I was in shock. I told them
> that I know what shock feels like, and I wasn't in shock.

You were certainly in shock, if you'd lost that amount of blood.
That's what 'shock' means, in the medical sense.

> I kept that attitude up until about half way to the hospital, until
> I passed out from sheer pain and blood loss. They attribute my
> humor to shock. I don't.

How do you know they thought that? I ask because, as I say, 'in shock'
means you've lost blood. Psychological trauma, the common meaning of
'in shock' does not lead people to start cracking jokes.

> > Just to be clear, how many vertebrae were broken by the 'deep
> > chops' (several, not one, if your original is correct)?-
>
> The cuts on me, and my memory tell me 2. But for $10,000 dollars
> I want to double check the medical records. Frankly, there isn't
> a whole lot of difference when you leg has been completely
> cut off.

As I said, if you want to offer supporting material, I will read it
with interest. Up to you. Ball's in your court, as I see it.

> The important thing is that I foretold of this disaster months before
> it occured, except I thought it would be an alligator.
>
> Also, between my posts, I went for a sunset ride over the bridge
> that overlooks this event. Last week I ran into one of my attorneys
> in a restaurant and we rehashed this whole thing.
>
> I'm new back to the internet. I plan to set up this whole 3rd party
> arrangement with our without you, and any time someone wants
> to call me a liar about anything which I can prove, I will take their
> cash.   I used to hustle pool, and count on being underestimated.
> It's all part of the game.
>
> Anything else you'd care to dispute?

Not especially. People are free to draw their own conclusions.

This is your party, so to speak. Cry if you want to.

> Keep in mind, this is not gambling on my part, as I haven't
> gambled in many years. The only gamble is on your part.
> As far as I'm concerned, it's just a contractual agreement.
>
> Mark

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 3:20:36 PM1/26/09

Artistic license as in saying, " back" rather than "backside". No
fallacys occured.

> > > Why go to any bother? According to your account, your accident was
> > > covered on the local TV news. Simply provide the date and location of
> > > your accident and I'll do the rest. If I find you're telling the
> > > truth, I'll post a full, grovelling apology.
>
> > Because I am a man that knows how to make the bucks, that's why.
> > Before we decides who won, I'll go to the trouble of putting it on you
> > tube
> > and posting it here. Also, I want your apology to be reposted once a
> > month for one year. And above the 10 grand, I want you to also pay
> > 35 hundred  (assuming you lose) for my time of getting all the
> > evidence
> > together.

> If you want to provide supporting material, feel free. I'll read it,
> and, if warranted, issue a grovelling apology.

Oh, and give up my identity for nothing, collect information
and post it here just to get an apology from a condescending
"dead beat". Hmm, let me think...........uh, no. Either
pay up or shut up.

> > > Or, if you like, simply post the details here and make me look like a
> > > total asshole, doubting a survivor's story.
>
> >  I'm sitting here typing this sentence with one leg, and metal
> > fragments in my back and hip. You might imagine what I'm
> > thinking.
>
> No idea.

Lol, actually I was smiling, cause I can't lose.

Because everytime I see these guys out in public, they feel compelled
to come and retell the whole story from their perspective. I've
actually
walked down the kotex isle at the grocery to avoid them.

>  Keith said, " Mark, can you feel this?"  and he wiggled
> > my left foot. I said, "yes".  Then he touched my knee, and said," can
> > you feel this?"  Again I said, "yes".  But when he touched me kinda
> > high on my thigh and asked the same question, I said, " What the
> > hell are doing, are you gay or something ? "  And everyone busted
> > out laughing.  They told me to relax, that I was in shock. I told them
> > that I know what shock feels like, and I wasn't in shock.
>
> You were certainly in shock, if you'd lost that amount of blood.
> That's what 'shock' means, in the medical sense.

I've been in shock before due to blood loss. It involves the
room spinning around and seeing little spots, not being
able speak and then loss of consciousness. This didn't
happen on that night.

> > I kept that attitude up until about half way to the hospital, until
> > I passed out from sheer pain and blood loss. They attribute my
> > humor to shock. I don't.
>
> How do you know they thought that? I ask because, as I say, 'in shock'
> means you've lost blood. Psychological trauma, the common meaning of
> 'in shock' does not lead people to start cracking jokes.

Again, they wanna talk about it

> > > Just to be clear, how many vertebrae were broken by the 'deep
> > > chops' (several, not one, if your original is correct)?-
>
> > The cuts on me, and my memory tell me 2. But for $10,000 dollars
> > I want to double check the medical records. Frankly, there isn't
> > a whole lot of difference when you leg has been completely
> > cut off.
>
> As I said, if you want to offer supporting material, I will read it
> with interest. Up to you. Ball's in your court, as I see it.

No, the ball was in your court and you chickened out of
the game. I kept my word and answered more questions.
You obviously can't pony up the doe.

*plonk*

Jackson Pillock

Jan 26, 2009, 3:35:20 PM1/26/09
On 26 Jan, 20:20, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oh, and give up my identity for nothing, collect information
> and post it here just to get an apology from a condescending
> "dead beat".  Hmm, let me think...........uh, no. Either
> pay up or shut up.

Nope. I'm happy with things as they stand. You do as you please. Oh,
and putting "dead beat" in ironic quotes tends to mean I'm not a dead-
beat. I'm glad to see you know where they are on the keyboard. The
honest folks at that high school physics site you ripped off would be
pleased too, I'm sure.

> Lol, actually I was smiling, cause I can't lose.

You're not paying attention, are you?

> No, the ball was in your court and you chickened out of
> the game. I kept my word and answered more questions.
> You obviously can't pony up the doe.

Uh huh. I called it btw. Not that it would take a psychic. But I knew
you were going to say something pretty much like that.

> *plonk*- Hide quoted text -

Now, as well as a titanium leg, you have a big, shiny L-shaped
prosthesis. Not sure what you used to have in its place.

boots

Jan 26, 2009, 5:13:24 PM1/26/09
Mark <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Jan 26, 1:36 pm, Jackson Pillock <andy...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>*plonk*

All right Jackson, it's a Good Thing when a troll plonks you!

Alan Hope

Jan 26, 2009, 6:12:48 PM1/26/09
Mark goes:

>It happened.

Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Jan 26, 2009, 6:14:56 PM1/26/09
Jackson Pillock goes:

>On 23 Jan, 23:01, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The following story is one which I wrote, which was
>> both cathartic for me, and also satisfying for me
>> as a writer, as I chronicled a supernatural event
>> which changed my life. There are many first hand
>> eye witnesses who are still very familiar with this
>> event.
>> ____
>

>Hey Mark. I wonder if you can answer a couple of questions.
>

>> He didn't hear anything.
>

>That's really strange to me, because when I swim in the sea, it's
>always surprising to me how water carries sound, especially of any
>motorboats in the water.

Maybe he was swimming in space, where nobody can hear you scream when
your leg's chopped off, and where it doesn't matter, cos swimming in
zero gravity is a piece of piss, even for amputees.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Jan 26, 2009, 6:16:02 PM1/26/09
Jackson Pillock goes:

>Most people would not call a 24' boat "massive"; at any rate the draft
>is not likely to be more than a few feet, so why did it 'push him ever
>deeper'?

Plus, the screw of a 24-foot boat wouldn't chop a fucking boiled
carrot, let alone take a man's leg off between the knee and the foot,
which if you check is two bones. Not one, but two.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Jan 26, 2009, 6:19:39 PM1/26/09
Mark goes:

>No, there were 2 vertebra broken. nothing bizarre at all about that,
>in light of the fact that I didn't expound on the even deeper damage
>to my hip, and *both* legs.

Were you swimming fast to keep up with this boat? Because it's doing
an awful lot of damage considering it's passing over you. Chopping up
your vertebrae, slicing your ass like prosciutto, and hacking off a
leg. How long would all of that take? And yet the boat is over you all
the time.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

gekko

Jan 26, 2009, 6:30:41 PM1/26/09
Ohmigosh! It's Mark <blueri...@yahoo.com>! And look! On 26 Jan
2009 s/he wrote something in misc.writing! See?

> Oh, and give up my identity for nothing, collect information
> and post it here just to get an apology from a condescending
> "dead beat". Hmm, let me think...........uh, no. Either
> pay up or shut up.

I suspect the diff is ... he has no real emotional investment in
this. He read your material, finds it lacking, and will not believe
it unless he gets proof.

If it's important to you that people here believe you, you need to
supply the proof. If it isn't important to you, then ... <shrug>

--
gekko

The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the
flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.

Stan (the Man)

Jan 26, 2009, 8:45:28 PM1/26/09
Alan Hope <usenet....@gmail.com> wrote in

As the owner of a 23' boat with a 250hp outboard (about as powerful a motor
one could use without overpowering that size boat), I can tell you that a
relatively small amount of seaweed or eel grass will quickly put the prop out
of commission. It's not a great leap to imagine how quickly it would stop if
it came against an adult human leg. While it would certainly cause some
serious injury, I doubt it would cut through a tibia.

--
Stan

Ultraviolet

Jan 26, 2009, 9:10:50 PM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 12:20 pm, Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 1:36 pm, Jackson Pillock <andy...@btinternet.com> wrote:

<>

> > If you want to provide supporting material, feel free. I'll read it,
> > and, if warranted, issue a grovelling apology.
>
> Oh, and give up my identity for nothing, collect information
> and post it here just to get an apology from a condescending
> "dead beat".  Hmm, let me think...........uh, no. Either
> pay up or shut up.

He doesn't have to do either one, Mark. Jackson can continue
questioning your outrageous story as he pleases, and his unwillingness
to put aside a sum of money on a wager has naught to do with the truth
value of your claims. You're certainly not the first to pop in here
with a crazy tale and then come up with ridiculous reasons why you're
unable to verify it.

--
UV

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 9:18:58 PM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 6:30 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it's important to you that people here believe you, you need to
> supply the proof.  If it isn't important to you, then ... <shrug>
>
> --
> gekko

Yeah, well you about summed it up gekko. I don't care anymore.
My privacy is more important than their curiosity. The entire
story is now in this forum except my name.

Mark

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 9:22:18 PM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 8:45 pm, "Stan (the Man)" <stanINVA...@rvckids.us.INVALID>
wrote:
> Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote innews:30hsn4lfjp1ujf21o...@4ax.com:

It's a deep hull design with inboard car motor. I've told the truth
about it all.

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 9:26:27 PM1/26/09

I'm not giving out my identity on the
internet. ridiculous reasons? whats your name and address?
ever heard of identity theft? I'm worth a shitload of money.

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 9:30:39 PM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 6:19 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark goes:
>
> >No, there were 2 vertebra broken. nothing bizarre at all about that,
> >in light of the fact that I didn't expound on the even deeper damage
> >to my hip, and *both* legs.
>
> Were you swimming fast to keep up with this boat?

we met head on. read the threads

Because it's doing
> an awful lot of damage considering it's passing over you. Chopping up
> your vertebrae, slicing your ass like prosciutto, and hacking off a
> leg. How long would all of that take?

3 seconds

And yet the boat is over you all
> the time.

yes. it actually caused the boat to stop. when i popped back
up, he took off and sped away

> --
> AHhttp://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Mark

Jan 26, 2009, 9:36:38 PM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 6:16 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jackson Pillock goes:
>
> >Most people would not call a 24' boat "massive"; at any rate the draft
> >is not likely to be more than a few feet, so why did it 'push him ever
> >deeper'?
>
> Plus, the screw of a 24-foot boat wouldn't chop a fucking boiled
> carrot, let alone take a man's leg off between the knee and the foot,

See, now I know something about you. You make statements
off the top of your head that arent true, cause i lived it dude.
Maybe you do the same for other subjects in this forum?
You don't know what you're talking about at all.

> which if you check is two bones. Not one, but two.

I had to have subsequent surgery to even them both
up to accomodate my prosthesis.

> --
> AHhttp://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Ultraviolet

Jan 26, 2009, 9:46:04 PM1/26/09

The difference is that I'm not trying to convince anyone of a crazy
story. I don't GAF if people believe what I post or not. If you can't/
won't verify wacky tales, then accept that most people will think
you're lying.

--
UV

Stan (the Man)

Jan 26, 2009, 10:11:27 PM1/26/09

> On Jan 26, 8:45 pm, "Stan (the Man)" <stanINVA...@rvckids.us.INVALID>
> wrote:
>> Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote

>> innews:30hsn4lfjp1ujf21olbftu
> s83f93...@4ax.com:

>> > Jackson Pillock goes:

>> > Plus, the screw of a 24-foot boat wouldn't chop a fucking boiled
>> > carrot, let alone take a man's leg off between the knee and the foot,
>> > which if you check is two bones. Not one, but two.
>>
>> As the owner of a 23' boat with a 250hp outboard (about as powerful a
>> mot
> or
>> one could use without overpowering that size boat), I can tell you that
>> a relatively small amount of seaweed or eel grass will quickly put the
>> prop
> out
>> of commission. It's not a great leap to imagine how quickly it would
>> stop
> if
>> it came against an adult human leg. While it would certainly cause some
>> serious injury, I doubt it would cut through a tibia.
>>
>> --
>> Stan
>
> It's a deep hull design with inboard car motor.
> I've told the truth about it all.

'Course you have.

--
Stan

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 4:18:22 AM1/27/09
Mark <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Anybody want to buy this guy? Says he's worth a shitload of money, so
you'll have to dig deep and cough it up. If you want to buy him. I'm
not sure what you'd do with him, maybe have him bronzed and set him on
the mantle by the golf trophy?

If you're worried about identity theft you could always sign up for
LifeLock. Seen their commercials aintcha? Just type all your vital
information into their website's forms and give them $10 a month.

Otoh they only guarantee your losses to $1 million so it would
probably be a waste of time for a rich guy like you. Nevermind that
the idea of typing that stuff into a web form is absurd.

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 4:20:05 AM1/27/09
Mark <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hit-and-run blending, that's a felony in some states. Drunkenness for
example.

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 4:21:33 AM1/27/09
Mark <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Isn't it just frustrating as all get out? Heh.

Mark

Jan 27, 2009, 5:43:51 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 4:21 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
> sig text to prevent insertion of advertising- Hide quoted text -

LOL! No, ha ha ha, Who cares ?

LOL!

el marco

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 5:52:54 AM1/27/09
Mark <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

No, I don't see the need for that. We all care about ourselves, and
sometimes we let a little bit of that caring leak out onto others, not
because we're benevolent but because we're fucking sloppy.

I don't think you've yet had the privilege of meeting Ray Haddad. The
reason I mention ray is because he also tells stories that nobody
believes and people ridicule him for it. You two might find that you
have some things in common. Or, not.

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 5:54:32 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 4:20 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
> sig text to prevent insertion of advertising- Hide quoted text -

That's riiiiiiiiiight. Now you're catching on. Drunk insurance
executive goes to jail with felony charges pending, and I
squeeze said internationl corporation by the balls. Now
Markie does what Markie wants.

Marcus

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 5:57:03 AM1/27/09
> sig text to prevent insertion of advertising- Hide quoted text -

It would help a little. Most thieves prolly wouldn't be
attempting a transaction over 100K, but I act under
legal advisement.

Marcus

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 5:58:37 AM1/27/09
On Jan 26, 10:11 pm, "Stan (the Man)" <stanINVA...@rvckids.us.INVALID>
wrote:

> Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote innews:81f0239a-ee41-4876...@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com:
>

> > On Jan 26, 8:45 pm, "Stan (the Man)" <stanINVA...@rvckids.us.INVALID>
> > wrote:
> >> Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote
> >> innews:30hsn4lfjp1ujf21olbftu
> > s83f93j7c...@4ax.com:
> Stan- Hide quoted text -

Ok, Hope you enjoyed reading my account.

End of story.

Now go hassle some black kids.

Marcus

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 5:59:38 AM1/27/09
> UV- Hide quoted text -

Sounds like a plan to me.

Now, lets talk about you.

Mark

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 6:05:02 AM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm trying really hard not to laugh at you. No kidding.

So what's your net worth Mister Marcus? You know what net worth is,
right?

I've never been "worth a shitload of money" myself. Never had a net
worth more than about $400k. Peanuts to a bigshot like you. But I
did go through some of the worrying shit that I'm sure rich people
live with. Anyway I had truly olympic spending habits and now I'm as
poor as a churchmouse. Why, I couldn't buy a 24 foot boat even if I
wanted one.

Money won't buy you love. It also won't buy you a cancer cure. Hell,
it won't even cure a fellow of being an asshole.

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 6:06:48 AM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ain't you just the cat's ass though.

Guess what. Bootsie does what bootsie wants and bootsie ain't got
shit, not to mention that bootsie didn't take shit away from anybody
so he could do what he wants. Bootsie just fucking does it.

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 6:25:17 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 6:05 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:

Laughter is good. If I were a fraud, I'd be embarrased.
Since I'm bona fide, its me laughing

> So what's your net worth Mister Marcus?  You know what net worth is,
> right?

You're a knucklehead. I've been CEO of a corporation. Founder
of an Academy of the Arts. Can you say CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD?
Do I know what net worth is? Can you say DUNN & BRADSTREET?
I told you way back a week ago that I can buy and sell you 10
times over.

My net worth? Hell, I don't really know. How many appraisers
and accountants it would take is uncertain. Real estate has
fluctuated and the market is on a roller coaster. I don't worry
about it. I got milk in the fridge.

> I've never been "worth a shitload of money" myself.  Never had a net
> worth more than about $400k.

That's sad. I beat that when I was 26 yrs old.

Peanuts to a bigshot like you.  But I
> did go through some of the worrying shit that I'm sure rich people
> live with.  Anyway I had truly olympic spending habits and now I'm as
> poor as a churchmouse.  Why, I couldn't buy a 24 foot boat even if I
> wanted one.

You know what a boat is? Its a damn hole in the lake where
you throw your money. My current boat is a one of a kind
solar powered racer. I cruise all weekend in silence and
don't burn a drop. Green is the thing man!

> Money won't buy you love.

The hell it won't. Poverty won't buy you love.

> It also won't buy you a cancer cure.

yp

>Hell,
> it won't even cure a fellow of being an asshole.

I hope you don't mean me. I'm a very likeable fellow.

Marcus

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 6:32:46 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 6:06 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
> Guess what.  Bootsie does what bootsie wants and bootsie ain't got
> shit, not to mention that bootsie didn't take shit away from anybody
> so he could do what he wants.  Bootsie just fucking does it.

Let me get this straight. You go to work and refuse to
accept a paycheck? You don't take compensation ?

God told me to train for 6 months because I would have
to endure something very trying. I did as I was told. I
served a purpose in a large plan. People who were
negligent were held accountable. I was given just
compensation for being a world class athelete.

Ever heard of Michael Phelps? They didn't hang
wood metals around his neck.

Marcus

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 6:35:14 AM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

And figuring that out makes you a fucking geenyus? Hello.

> I've been CEO of a corporation. Founder
>of an Academy of the Arts. Can you say CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD?

I am the CEO of a corporation. Big fucking deal.

>Do I know what net worth is? Can you say DUNN & BRADSTREET?
>I told you way back a week ago that I can buy and sell you 10
>times over.

No, you can't. To start with I'm not for sale.

>My net worth? Hell, I don't really know. How many appraisers
>and accountants it would take is uncertain. Real estate has
>fluctuated and the market is on a roller coaster. I don't worry
>about it. I got milk in the fridge.

Funny, I got milk in the fridge too.

>> I've never been "worth a shitload of money" myself.  Never had a net
>> worth more than about $400k.
>
>That's sad. I beat that when I was 26 yrs old.

Congratulations, do you have a large penis too?

>Peanuts to a bigshot like you.  But I
>> did go through some of the worrying shit that I'm sure rich people
>> live with.  Anyway I had truly olympic spending habits and now I'm as
>> poor as a churchmouse.  Why, I couldn't buy a 24 foot boat even if I
>> wanted one.
>
>You know what a boat is? Its a damn hole in the lake where
>you throw your money. My current boat is a one of a kind
>solar powered racer. I cruise all weekend in silence and
>don't burn a drop. Green is the thing man!

Have I mentioned that you're an absolute prick?

>> Money won't buy you love.
>
>The hell it won't. Poverty won't buy you love.
>

> > It also won't buy you a cancer cure.
>
>yp
>
>>Hell,
>> it won't even cure a fellow of being an asshole.
>
>I hope you don't mean me. I'm a very likeable fellow.

I'm sure you like yourself. Maybe somebody else likes you, I think
you're an asshole. You're not unique in that of course, but you're no
less an asshole.

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 6:45:00 AM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Jan 27, 6:06 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
>> Guess what.  Bootsie does what bootsie wants and bootsie ain't got
>> shit, not to mention that bootsie didn't take shit away from anybody
>> so he could do what he wants.  Bootsie just fucking does it.
>
>Let me get this straight. You go to work

Wrong, stop right there.

I used to go to work. After a long time I decided it was work or me
and I chose me. I stopped doing it. Just like the guy in Office
Space. I just stopped doing that. Now bootsie does what bootsie
wants. I do *my* work.

If I chose to get religious about it I could say that I do God's work
because nobody else has been paying me and I still got milk in the
fridge after 8 years of doing it. When I need something it just turns
up. Like magic. Not my problem. IRS wants to know how I'm managing
to live? Sorry bud, not a fucking clue, you figure it out.

Now in all seriousness, you might want to consider, just for a moment,
the concept of not being an asshole. I realize that new things can be
frightening, but it might turn out that you like it. A guy never
knows, right?

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 7:02:12 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 6:45 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:

> Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 27, 6:06 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
> >> Guess what.  Bootsie does what bootsie wants and bootsie ain't got
> >> shit, not to mention that bootsie didn't take shit away from anybody
> >> so he could do what he wants.  Bootsie just fucking does it.
>
> >Let me get this straight. You go to work
>
> Wrong, stop right there.
>
> I used to go to work.  After a long time I decided it was work or me
> and I chose me.  I stopped doing it.  Just like the guy in Office
> Space.  I just stopped doing that.  Now bootsie does what bootsie
> wants.  I do *my* work.

I'd like to hear more about it.

> If I chose to get religious about it I could say that I do God's work
> because nobody else has been paying me and I still got milk in the
> fridge after 8 years of doing it.  When I need something it just turns
> up.  Like magic.  Not my problem.  IRS wants to know how I'm managing
> to live?  Sorry bud, not a fucking clue, you figure it out.

I think you just did.

> Now in all seriousness, you might want to consider, just for a moment,
> the concept of not being an asshole.  I realize that new things can be
> frightening, but it might turn out that you like it.  A guy never
> knows, right?

I'm only obnoxious when I'm offended. Yes, I've been playing
the flame game a little, and I can turn it off.

You wouldn't believe it, but people like me so much in real
life that when I go to the cash register in a diner, often the
cashier says, "Your's is already paid for". I'm like,"what?"
Then I realize my words have made someone's day, or
helped them on their way.

Sarcasm brings out the worst in people boots.

In real life I *never* have to deal with that because
I'm tall and menacing. If I get disrespected once,
I walk away. Twice- I break you jaw. So see, all
these little sniveling voices on usenet just make
me want to wring their neck, cause I could.

But you're right. It's new to me, and i gotta learn
to overlook all the ignorant remarks, and not
be goaded into being a bad person that really
isn't the *real* me.

Cause the reality is, as PJ said, my own words
cause an the backlash. (usually)

Marcus

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 7:05:37 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 7:02 am, Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Cause the reality is, as PJ said, my own words
> cause an the backlash. (usually)
>
> Marcus

should be....[ cause the backlash ]

(gotta stop typing with my leg)

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 7:42:37 AM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Jan 27, 6:45 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
>> Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Let me get this straight. You go to work
>>
>> Wrong, stop right there.
>>
>> I used to go to work.  After a long time I decided it was work or me
>> and I chose me.  I stopped doing it.  Just like the guy in Office
>> Space.  I just stopped doing that.  Now bootsie does what bootsie
>> wants.  I do *my* work.
>
>I'd like to hear more about it.

I got tired of talking about it here. Read the blog, or not. It's
basically some conclusions about how reality works, others might be
able to notice similarities in their own lives; part of the scientific
method (according to some at least) is communication so that others
can see if your conclusions are reproducible in consensus reality.
Whatever, y'know? If it doesn't work for them, sad, sad.

>> If I chose to get religious about it I could say that I do God's work
>> because nobody else has been paying me and I still got milk in the
>> fridge after 8 years of doing it.  When I need something it just turns
>> up.  Like magic.  Not my problem.  IRS wants to know how I'm managing
>> to live?  Sorry bud, not a fucking clue, you figure it out.
>
>I think you just did.

Yep, not a fucking clue.

>> Now in all seriousness, you might want to consider, just for a moment,
>> the concept of not being an asshole.  I realize that new things can be
>> frightening, but it might turn out that you like it.  A guy never
>> knows, right?
>
>I'm only obnoxious when I'm offended. Yes, I've been playing
>the flame game a little, and I can turn it off.

Please do.

>You wouldn't believe it, but people like me so much in real
>life that when I go to the cash register in a diner, often the
>cashier says, "Your's is already paid for". I'm like,"what?"
>Then I realize my words have made someone's day, or
>helped them on their way.
>
>Sarcasm brings out the worst in people boots.

If it was not intended to it might not be used. When I check out a
car to see if it's worth buying I put it under worst-case conditions,
should people be so different?

>In real life I *never* have to deal with that because
>I'm tall and menacing. If I get disrespected once,
>I walk away. Twice- I break you jaw.

You carry an automatic weapon. You could buy and sell me 10 times
over. You can break jaws. Be honest for just a second, and don't
tell anybody the answer: you're scared shitless aren't you, and you
don't even know why.

> So see, all
>these little sniveling voices on usenet just make
>me want to wring their neck, cause I could.

Yeah, yeah, I'm 6' tall and 205 pounds of bone and muscle, my dad
taught me 8 ways to kill a man without using weapons, and my dick is
bigger than yours so piss off.

>But you're right. It's new to me, and i gotta learn
>to overlook all the ignorant remarks, and not
>be goaded into being a bad person that really
>isn't the *real* me.

I am not convinced that you know what the "real" you is.

>Cause the reality is, as PJ said, my own words
>cause an the backlash. (usually)

Everything you do has consequences, end of story.

Alan Hope

Jan 27, 2009, 8:18:30 AM1/27/09
Stan (the Man) goes:

>Alan Hope <usenet....@gmail.com> wrote in

>> Jackson Pillock goes:
>>
>>>Most people would not call a 24' boat "massive"; at any rate the draft
>>>is not likely to be more than a few feet, so why did it 'push him ever
>>>deeper'?
>>
>> Plus, the screw of a 24-foot boat wouldn't chop a fucking boiled
>> carrot, let alone take a man's leg off between the knee and the foot,
>> which if you check is two bones. Not one, but two.
>
>As the owner of a 23' boat with a 250hp outboard (about as powerful a motor
>one could use without overpowering that size boat), I can tell you that a
>relatively small amount of seaweed or eel grass will quickly put the prop out
>of commission. It's not a great leap to imagine how quickly it would stop if
>it came against an adult human leg. While it would certainly cause some
>serious injury, I doubt it would cut through a tibia.

Not to mention the fibula. And this is *after* chopping up some
vertebrae and causing a hip fracture. That's some resilient prop.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Jan 27, 2009, 8:19:40 AM1/27/09
Mark goes:

>On Jan 26, 6:16 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jackson Pillock goes:
>>
>> >Most people would not call a 24' boat "massive"; at any rate the draft
>> >is not likely to be more than a few feet, so why did it 'push him ever
>> >deeper'?
>>
>> Plus, the screw of a 24-foot boat wouldn't chop a fucking boiled
>> carrot, let alone take a man's leg off between the knee and the foot,
>
>See, now I know something about you. You make statements
>off the top of your head that arent true, cause i lived it dude.

Sure you did.

>Maybe you do the same for other subjects in this forum?
>You don't know what you're talking about at all.

>> which if you check is two bones. Not one, but two.

>I had to have subsequent surgery to even them both
>up to accomodate my prosthesis.

Sure you did.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Ultraviolet

Jan 27, 2009, 9:59:57 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 3:25 am, Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<>

> You're a knucklehead.  I've been CEO of a corporation. Founder
> of an Academy of the Arts. Can you say CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD?
> Do I know what net worth is? Can you say DUNN & BRADSTREET?

It's "Dun & Bradstreet." Do you have any idea how ridiculous you
sound?

Probably not.

> I told you way back a week ago that I can buy and sell you 10
> times over.

Nothing you say is believable now, Mark. Nothing.

<>

> I hope you don't mean me. I'm a very likeable fellow.

Not here.

--
UV

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 10:17:12 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 9:59 am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I hope you don't mean me. I'm a very likeable fellow.

> Not here.

> --
> UV

I've recently noticed that.

When will the "most improved" award be handed out?

I'm shootin for it.

$Zero

Jan 27, 2009, 10:19:05 AM1/27/09
on the count of three you'll awake from this trance

(was: Re: My true psychic story)

On Jan 27, 6:45 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:

> Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 27, 6:06 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
>
> >> Guess what.  Bootsie does what bootsie wants and bootsie ain't got
> >> shit, not to mention that bootsie didn't take shit away from anybody
> >> so he could do what he wants.  Bootsie just fucking does it.
>
> >Let me get this straight. You go to work
>
> Wrong, stop right there.
>
> I used to go to work.  After a long time I decided it was work or me
> and I chose me.  I stopped doing it.  Just like the guy in Office
> Space.

Peter Gibbons!

-$Zero...

there's nothing quite like being flat broke
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/8ab056bc69b332c5

http://PollThis.com

Ultraviolet

Jan 27, 2009, 10:41:31 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 7:17 am, Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<>

> When will the "most improved" award be handed out?
>
> I'm shootin for it.

If you want one from me, then stop quoting without attribution and
quit making ridiculous claims you can't/won't back up. Here, you are
your words. That is all.

And work on the spelling.

--
UV

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 10:42:04 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 9:59 am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 3:25 am, Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> <>
>
> > You're a knucklehead.  I've been CEO of a corporation. Founder
> > of an Academy of the Arts. Can you say CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD?
> > Do I know what net worth is? Can you say DUN & BRADSTREET?

> It's "Dun & Bradstreet." Do you have any idea how ridiculous you
> sound?

Just my knee jerk to condescension hon. All true too. When Dun
& Bradstreet called me.....I didn't even know who they were.

XXXXX Paper Co.- specializing in the manufacturing and printing of
continuous computer forms. Payroll checks, micr encoding, carbon
interleafing, fan-folded and boxed. Akira roll - fold 2 color
presses.
Insurance forms, medical statements, stationary. Layout matched
to fit any software program for tractor fed peripheral paper. Coast
to coast, and Puerto Rico. I- 800 numbers. Complete customer
service dept with plush furniture, art dept. with vertical copy camera
type setting, orthographic film processor, vaccum frames to
burn diazo coated aluminum press plates. Huge warehouse.
"Dock High" doors for tractor-trailor trucks. Forklifts. Shipping
department. My age......27. Nine full time employees.

Company status: Bankruptcy. My age 30
675,000 in red.

XXXXXX Academy of Performing and Fine Arts, offering
ballet, tap, jazz, modern dance, point, interpretive dance,
Music dept - piano, guitar, flute, violin, Drama , and
lastly, Oil painting, watercolor, charcoal, graphic design.
Housed in 100 yr old building with glass door knobs and
12 ft ceilings. 5 full time teachers with education degrees.

XXXXX Franchise location - adjoining county. Housed
in a shopping mall. One full time, one part time.

Academy Status: Given to my ex-wife

> Probably not.

I know its not really important to divulge these things.

> > I told you way back a week ago that I can buy and sell you 10
> > times over.
>
> Nothing you say is believable now, Mark. Nothing.

I wouldn't believe any internet stories either. For
some strange reason i just wanted to share my
past life here. I really never got over leaving my
past behind. It's getting better, but still haunts.

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 11:06:39 AM1/27/09
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote:

>on the count of three you'll awake from this trance
>
>(was: Re: My true psychic story)
>
>On Jan 27, 6:45 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
>> Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >Let me get this straight. You go to work
>>
>> Wrong, stop right there.
>>
>> I used to go to work.  After a long time I decided it was work or me
>> and I chose me.  I stopped doing it.  Just like the guy in Office
>> Space.
>
>Peter Gibbons!

I remember his name was Peter. I remember his neighbor Lawrence
saying "Peterman, watch your corn hole".

But he had an excuse. He was hypnotized. I don't have an excuse, I
just stopped giving a shit.

Maybe that is an excuse, I dunno. Fuckever.

$Zero

Jan 27, 2009, 11:20:15 AM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 11:06 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:

> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >on the count of three you'll awake from this trance
>
> >(was: Re: My true psychic story)

> >> Wrong, stop right there.
>
> >> I used to go to work.  After a long time I decided it was work or me
> >> and I chose me.  I stopped doing it.  Just like the guy in Office
> >> Space.
>
> >Peter Gibbons!
>
> I remember his name was Peter.  I remember his neighbor Lawrence
> saying "Peterman, watch your corn hole".

something like that, yeah.

it was on one of the movie channels the other day.

which was the first time i almost watched it all the way thru.

hilarious fucking movie.

> But he had an excuse.  He was hypnotized.

yeah, but it wore off naturally.

then he realized the whole freedom thing on his own.

> I don't have an excuse, I just stopped giving a shit.

i had the advantage of never buying in at the outset.

probably just lucky, i guess.

> Maybe that is an excuse, I dunno.  Fuckever.

excuses are like assholes.

everyone has at least one.

and far too many are born with two.

-$Zero...

http://RejectTheBrainwash.com

show me the first "real" pope.
your inability to do so is my evidence.
case fucking closed, dude.
it's called history.
also known as historical evidence.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/97b665cd6ba088f4

boots

Jan 27, 2009, 11:53:07 AM1/27/09
"$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jan 27, 11:06 am, boots <n...@no.no> wrote:
>> "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >on the count of three you'll awake from this trance
>>
>> >(was: Re: My true psychic story)

>> >Peter Gibbons!
>>
>> I remember his name was Peter.  I remember his neighbor Lawrence
>> saying "Peterman, watch your corn hole".
>
>something like that, yeah.
>
>it was on one of the movie channels the other day.
>
>which was the first time i almost watched it all the way thru.
>
>hilarious fucking movie.

Yeah, I liked the intro where the geezer with a walker is outpacing
the traffic. LA anyone?

>> But he had an excuse.  He was hypnotized.
>
>yeah, but it wore off naturally.
>
>then he realized the whole freedom thing on his own.
>

>> I don't have an excuse, I just stopped giving a shit.
>
>i had the advantage of never buying in at the outset.
>
>probably just lucky, i guess.

Maybe just dumb, ya think? Doesn't make any diff.

>> Maybe that is an excuse, I dunno.  Fuckever.
>
>excuses are like assholes.
>
>everyone has at least one.
>
>and far too many are born with two.

The asshole serves an important purpose. No shit.

$Zero

Jan 27, 2009, 12:09:00 PM1/27/09

holy shit, was that ever funny!

the other day was the first time i ever saw that scene.

i've only ever caught bits and pieces while channel surfing.

> LA anyone?
>
> >> But he had an excuse.  He was hypnotized.
>
> >yeah, but it wore off naturally.
>
> >then he realized the whole freedom thing on his own.
>
> >> I don't have an excuse, I just stopped giving a shit.
>
> >i had the advantage of never buying in at the outset.
>
> >probably just lucky, i guess.
>
> Maybe just dumb, ya think?

probably.

> Doesn't make any diff.

that reminds me of the ultimate question i devised many years back.

> >> Maybe that is an excuse, I dunno.  Fuckever.
>
> >excuses are like assholes.
>
> >everyone has at least one.
>
> >and far too many are born with two.
>
> The asshole serves an important purpose.

indeed it does.

> No shit.

-$Zero...

http://PureBullshit.com

that's not history? yikes.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/0e26c74b71db573f

Alan Hope

Jan 27, 2009, 4:07:27 PM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius goes:

> I've been CEO of a corporation. Founder
>of an Academy of the Arts. Can you say CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD?
>Do I know what net worth is? Can you say DUNN & BRADSTREET?
>I told you way back a week ago that I can buy and sell you 10
>times over.

What a fuckwit. Is anyone keeping track of this clown's claims? Seems
to me by now he's bought up all the squares on the Monopoly board of
life. And all that with one leg chopped off. Amazing.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Jan 27, 2009, 4:09:26 PM1/27/09
Mark goes:

>On Jan 26, 6:19 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Mark goes:
>>
>> >No, there were 2 vertebra broken. nothing bizarre at all about that,
>> >in light of the fact that I didn't expound on the even deeper damage
>> >to my hip, and *both* legs.
>>
>> Were you swimming fast to keep up with this boat?
>
>we met head on. read the threads
>

>Because it's doing
>> an awful lot of damage considering it's passing over you. Chopping up
>> your vertebrae, slicing your ass like prosciutto, and hacking off a
>> leg. How long would all of that take?
>
>3 seconds
>

> And yet the boat is over you all
>> the time.
>
>yes. it actually caused the boat to stop. when i popped back
>up, he took off and sped away

Nutter. Take him away.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Jan 27, 2009, 4:10:23 PM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius goes:

>God told me to train for 6 months because I would have
>to endure something very trying. I did as I was told. I
>served a purpose in a large plan. People who were
>negligent were held accountable. I was given just
>compensation for being a world class athelete.

Something else to add to the CV.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

Jan 27, 2009, 4:10:58 PM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius goes:

>You wouldn't believe it, but people like me so much in real
>life that when I go to the cash register in a diner, often the
>cashier says, "Your's is already paid for". I'm like,"what?"
>Then I realize my words have made someone's day, or
>helped them on their way.

You're right. Nobody would believe that.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Jackson Pillock

Jan 27, 2009, 4:42:03 PM1/27/09

Off the top of my head, there's

1. Scholar: attended four universities
2. Artist: work hanging across the USandA
3. Art historian: actually watched a documentary about art, including
Jackson Pollock.
4. Psychic: able to see the future, including cracked windscreens and
deer on the road; he also gets messages from God, telling him to
prepare, just in case he prefers to jump overboard, miles out to sea,
at night, rather than tolerate a loud boar at the helm (sic).
5. Theologian: can prove Christ by maths
6. Miracle-boy: bled to death and lived, but lost a leg (see 4, above)
in a boating accident
7. Local hero: it was on telly and all, sometimes he has to hide from
fawning paramedics by ducking down the Kotex aisle in the supermarket
8. Brawler, but fair: He'll break your jaw if you're rude to him twice
9. Tall: he is, quite literally, 6'3", which is well above average for
a man
10. Rich: time is money, to such an extent that, were he to give
proper attribution to the authors of the material he cuts and paste to
important newsgroup threads, it would cost him enough to sack the
gardener.
11. Heartbreaker: he gets stalked by love-mad women
12 Musician: plays guitar
13. Um
14. Sure I've missed a couple.

Grand Mal

Jan 27, 2009, 4:54:08 PM1/27/09

"Jackson Pillock" <and...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

World-class athlete
Chess Master
Mental-health counsellor

Stan (the Man)

Jan 27, 2009, 5:38:46 PM1/27/09
Jackson Pillock <and...@btinternet.com> wrote in news:26019861-89a0-4481-
b254-217...@w1g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

I think "fuckwit" pretty much covered it.

--
Stan

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 5:50:52 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 4:42 pm, Jackson Pillock <andy...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > AHhttp://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com
>
> Off the top of my head, there's
>
> 1. Scholar: attended four universities

true, but didn't graduate all

> 2. Artist: work hanging across the USandA

Fact. I have prints of each in my home, and will display them
all on a web site sometime.

> 3. Art historian: actually watched a documentary about art, including
> Jackson Pollock.

Not claiming to be an historian. Only said I studied Art History
for a time at a major university, and so, have an educated opinion.
The film series is a refresher.

> 4. Psychic: able to see the future, including cracked windscreens and
> deer on the road; he also gets messages from God, telling him to
> prepare,

It happens. I can't "call it up" or anything.

just in case he prefers to jump overboard, miles out to sea,
> at night, rather than tolerate a loud boar at the helm (sic).

> 5. Theologian: can prove Christ by maths

Didn't claim to be a theologian. I've referred to information,
such as I've obtained in;

Evidence That Demands a Verdict, Josh McDowell

Why I believe, D.James Kennedy

And many, many more

> 6. Miracle-boy: bled to death and lived, but lost a leg (see 4, above)
> in a boating accident

Totally

> 7. Local hero: it was on telly and all, sometimes he has to hide from
> fawning paramedics by ducking down the Kotex aisle in the supermarket

I finally concluded that they always mention it, because I always
shake their hand and call them hero for rescuing me. Obviously
makes them feel good about themselves, and the gratitude on my
part *is* sincere.

> 8. Brawler, but fair: He'll break your jaw if you're rude to him twice

Probably a stretch here. On a bad day, I'll bust your ass right off.

> 9. Tall: he is, quite literally, 6'3", which is well above average for
> a man

According to my driver's license. Did I mention my 34" waist ?

> 10. Rich: time is money, to such an extent that, were he to give
> proper attribution to the authors of the material he cuts and paste to
> important newsgroup threads, it would cost him enough to sack the
> gardener.

I don't really have a gardener, but I do average 100 bucks an
hour on my art.

> 11. Heartbreaker: he gets stalked by love-mad women

Hey.....<shrug> (twas more a few years back)

> 12 Musician: plays guitar

I play that guitar just like ringing a bell. Currently running
thru the "3rd Day", "Chronology One" album.

> 13. Um

The word "um" gets a number ?

> 14. Sure I've missed a couple.

So far so good, except the gardner. Why pay someone to
do your hobby? I just sunk 450 bulbs on the grounds of my
expansive 15 acre hilltop estate.

Yep, so far so good.

So what about you? Top of your class?
( I was far from it )

------

Marcus

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 5:53:07 PM1/27/09

That was back in 1995. I'm no longer of such capabilities.

gekko

Jan 27, 2009, 6:54:13 PM1/27/09
Ohmigosh! It's Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com>! And look! On
27 Jan 2009 s/he wrote something in misc.writing! See?

> Now go hassle some black kids.

You're a Kluxer, aren't you.

--
gekko

It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice
versa.

Jackson Pillock

Jan 27, 2009, 7:02:46 PM1/27/09
On 27 Jan, 22:50, Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 4:42 pm, Jackson Pillock <andy...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Didn't claim to be a theologian. I've referred to information,
> such as I've obtained in;
>
> Evidence That Demands a Verdict, Josh McDowell

Take a look at:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jeff_lowder/jury/

> Why I believe, D.James Kennedy

and

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/alex_matulich/why_i_believe/

if you want to see a critical reading of them.

> So far so good, except the gardner. Why pay someone to
> do your hobby? I just sunk 450 bulbs on  the grounds of my
> expansive 15 acre hilltop estate.
>
> Yep, so far so good.

15. Gardener.

> So what about you? Top of your class?
> ( I was far from it )

Not quite.

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 7:07:07 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 6:54 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ohmigosh!  It's Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com>!  And look! On

> 27 Jan 2009 s/he wrote something in misc.writing!  See?
>
> > Now go hassle some black kids.
>
> You're a Kluxer, aren't you.
>
> --
> gekko
>
> It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice
> versa.

Your inferrence is overimaginative.

I like that in a girl.

Marcus

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 7:10:19 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 6:54 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ohmigosh!  It's Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com>!  And look! On

> 27 Jan 2009 s/he wrote something in misc.writing!  See?
>
> > Now go hassle some black kids.
>

> You're a Kluxer, aren't you.
>
> --
> gekko
>
> It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice
> versa.

In other words, young black men are profiled with regularity
by our police state it seems

gekko

Jan 27, 2009, 7:12:40 PM1/27/09
In
, Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> cracked knuckles, set
fingers to keyboard and thought, 'the denizens of misc.writing will
REALLY be impressed when they read this!'

> On Jan 27, 6:54 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ohmigosh!  It's Marcus Arelius <blueriver...@yahoo.com>!  And
>> look! O
>> 27 Jan 2009 s/he wrote something in misc.writing!  See?
>>
>> > Now go hassle some black kids.
>>

>> You're a Kluxer, aren't you.

> In other words, young black men are profiled with regularity
> by our police state it seems

Dude, you are telling someone to go hassle a black kid. Why do you
dislike blacks? This, after you grouped an entire people into a
stereotype characterized by monetary habits and funny haircuts, said
they were the "catalyst" for "most" wars, all while defending a known
anti-Semite.

If you're not presently wearing a white hood, be prepared for some to
come recruit you.

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 7:21:30 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 7:12 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dude, you are telling someone to go hassle a black kid.

Nope. inferring that as a cop, it was a given that he would.

Was a dig at him, as in cops = profilers.

Check into it. It's kinda a problem if you havent' heard.

Towse

Jan 27, 2009, 7:27:43 PM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius [sic] wrote:

> I don't really have a gardener, but I do average 100 bucks an
> hour on my art.

Thinking of art, some young whippersnapper (the m.w. denizen formerly
known as Kos) posted this link on his Facebook page the other day.

<http://www.guzer.com/videos/needle-art.php>

The video is of Charlie Gibson/ABC with one of those pop culture
snippets oft found in the MSM. The artist profiled recently sold his
life's work to a collector for $20m.

So I went off searching. The guy really exists.
<http://www.willard-wigan.com/>

"Former England Davis Cup captain turned entrepreneur, David Lloyd
purchased the remaining Willard Wigan collection of micro sculptured art
in February 2007, The collection was subsequently insured by Lloyd's of
London for £11.2 million.

"A long time anonymous collector of art, David Lloyd's purchase has been
viewed by many as a significant coup in the art world.

Willard whose work has been described by many as 'the eighth wonder of
the world' received his MBE for services to art from HRH the Prince of
Wales in July 2007."

... but he's not posting on this newsgroup, alas.

--
Sal

Ye olde swarm of links: thousands of links for writers, researchers and
the terminally curious <http://writers.internet-resources.com>

gekko

Jan 27, 2009, 7:27:56 PM1/27/09
In

, Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> cracked knuckles, set
fingers to keyboard and thought, 'the denizens of misc.writing will
REALLY be impressed when they read this!'

> On Jan 27, 7:12 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dude, you are telling someone to go hassle a black kid.
>
> Nope. inferring

Do yourself a favor and riffle through a dictionary, okay?

The word you want there is "implying".

> that as a cop, it was a given that he would.

You hate cops as well as Jews and blacks? Is there anyone you don't
hate? Ought not someone who professes to be a Christian try to love
his fellow human beings?

> Was a dig at him, as in cops = profilers.

Why would you want to dig at him? I understand why you'd resort to
base stereotypes for your insults, given the tendencies you've shown
so far, of course.

> Check into it. It's kinda a problem if you havent' heard.

You have just libelled someone, Mark. Do you have proof that Stan
"hassles black kids"?

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 7:34:50 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 7:27 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You have just libelled someone, Mark.  Do you have proof that Stan
> "hassles black kids"?

zzzzzzz

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 7:39:13 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 7:27 pm, Towse <s...@towse.com> wrote:
> Marcus Arelius [sic] wrote:
> > I don't really have a gardener, but I do average 100 bucks an
> > hour on my art.

tis just a paying hobby. i have other hobbies
that are more fun but don't pay. I'm retired

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 7:54:39 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 7:12 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote

> >> You're a Kluxer, aren't you.

> If you're not presently wearing a white hood,
>

> --
> gekko

Stan (the Man)

Jan 27, 2009, 8:11:04 PM1/27/09
Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Jan 26, 10:11 pm, "Stan (the Man)" <stanINVA...@rvckids.us.INVALID>
> wrote:
>> Mark <blueriver...@yahoo.com> wrote
>> innews:81f0239a-ee41-4876-89b1-dd47e8
> fce...@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

>> > s83f93j7c...@4ax.com:

> ,

>> > or
>> >  out
>> >  if

>> > It's a deep hull design with inboard car motor.
>> > I've told the truth about it all.
>>
>> 'Course you have.
>>
>> --
>> Stan- Hide quoted text -

> Ok, Hope you enjoyed reading my account.

Gave me a good chuckle, it did. Fables tend to have that effect on me.

> End of story.

The story ends when *we* say it ends. See how that works? Of course you
do.

> Now go hassle some black kids.

Well, that didn't take long. You've managed, in a very short time, to show
yourself to be exactly what you are: a racist, antisemite, full of shit, a
jerkoff and nearly illiterate. While I'm not certain it's a record, it's
certainly Haddadian in its speed. But I'm not yet convinced you're not a
sock of some ignorant jerkoff past who thought he could take another shot
at impressing the masses with his bullshit. If that's the case, you're
even dumber than you seem. If not, well, enjoy the ridicule and scorn
that's been and will likely continue to be heaped on you. While it's clear
that you're an attention seeking windbag and a ridiculous clown, it's also
clear that you're a pathetic, immature ignoramous who's willing to take
any kind of attention you can get.

--
Stan

Marcus Arelius

Jan 27, 2009, 8:51:22 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 8:11 pm, "Stan (the Man)" <stanINVA...@rvckids.us.INVALID>
wrote:
> Stan  - Hide quoted text -

How do you feel about me?

gekko

Jan 27, 2009, 9:04:22 PM1/27/09
In

, Marcus Arelius <blueri...@yahoo.com> cracked knuckles, set
fingers to keyboard and thought, 'the denizens of misc.writing will
REALLY be impressed when they read this!'

> On Jan 27, 7:12 pm, gekko <Miz.Ge...@gmail.com> wrote

>> If you're not presently wearing a white hood, be prepared for
>> some to come recruit you.
>>
>> --
>> gekko

Isn't libelous if it's true, Mark. You see, you demonstrated
anti-Semitism as well as wishing ill on black children.

It is loading more messages.