Could we be more wasteful?

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 2, 2010, 6:03:51 PM4/2/10
I'm not going to ask the reverse question because I know that we can
easily be more frugal (hey, ride a bicycle or walk to the market), but
I can't see how we could more wasteful. Everywhere I turn I see a
competition for the bigger car, the bigger boat, and the heat is on
the small fish that dare to swim around.

In other words, EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE THE BIG FISH! The stats show
America leading the field vs. Japan and Germany by something like 2 or
3 to 1 in energy efficiency. Hey, we are #1!

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Don't be a stupid monkey trying to be a lion"

Charmin

Apr 2, 2010, 6:09:34 PM4/2/10
On Apr 2, 5:03 pm, "TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu"
You ask these questions because you don't have a pot to piss in or a
window to throw it out of. All you have is a lot of time on your hands
and a couple of bikes to sustain yourself. If you had two nickels to
rub together, you would soon be showing off to those you now envy.
All together now, help him sing the loser's anthem.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 2, 2010, 9:05:36 PM4/2/10

The Germans and Japanese are dying of envy... Well, I don't think so.

Do you think all it matters in life is size? I think that's a macho-
man disease. ;)

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 2, 2010, 10:49:05 PM4/2/10
This post may have recycling value here:

http://groups.google.com/group/atheism-vs-christianity/browse_thread/thread/eed4d009cd619459/7c8f2b6857020bfe?hl=en#7c8f2b6857020bfe

There's something distinctly different, though, between the Banana
Revolution or Wisdom of the Jungle (another name for it) and Epicurus:
In the jungle everything is connected to everything else, and you can
NOT retire to a Garden (think of a gated community) to live the good
happy life.

The jungle makes you fight for your own survival and that of other
similar kind. One application of it is how we should take a stand for
the people that want to ride a bicycle or walk and can't because of
all the terrorism present on our roads. If nobody does it, then the
world is doomed to war and climate change.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 2, 2010, 11:59:10 PM4/2/10
More recycled material. We are talking here about Deepak Chopra.

http://groups.google.com/group/atheism-vs-christianity/browse_thread/thread/7773bc42d1c31332?hl=en

Not always he talks BS though. ;)

I find it interesting that he sees the end of the male predator (the
king of the jungle) at the next step in evolution. That's almost what
I say. I don't see the end of it, but I see the need to put it in the
cage...

(yes, all those SUV drivers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHh0HCrFs3A&feature=fvw

Bill

Apr 3, 2010, 8:29:55 AM4/3/10
All the guys who buy wasteful shit like that are trying to impress
women with how cool they are, and how much money they have to throw
around. It sure is nice when you cast off that burden and just don't
care what women think of you anymore. But it's funny to see how women
still expect you to display your expensive, wasteful shit, and they
just don't know how to handle it when you don't! Apparently there are
very few men who refuse to play their games. It's really sad to see
how men let themselves be led around by the nose by women, and all
because they think they are losers if they aren't getting regular
pussy.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 3, 2010, 10:52:12 AM4/3/10

When you are yourself and are real, you still get pussy, but perhaps
not with the fancy bodies and the stupid brains. Well, you can still
some stupid ones by being real.

The system though works to their advantage. They would be completely
out of place in Amsterdam or Rome.

In Amsterdam you need a good bike. What you do when in Rome? Ride a
scooter, right?

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 3, 2010, 11:18:42 AM4/3/10
On Apr 3, 7:52 am, "TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu"
<comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In Amsterdam you need a good bike. What you do when in Rome? Ride a
> scooter, right?

Well, the subject now is Rome... ;)

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ4qCmTIna8

To be learned:

a) lots of scooters

b) no SUVs

c) respect for others (cooperation)

This comment caught my attention...

"This chaos relies on the concept, that nobody has the ultimate right
to drive. Infact, everyone is quite observant of the other cars and
people. When you start walking, somboby will stop. Just be confident
and walk."

And the reason is that all the time in America I see these cars
BLOCKING THE PEDESTRIAN X-INGS and they won't budge! The other day, we
waited for a car to move for a few minutes before we could safely get
to the other side of this minor street. Two old ladies (that shouldn't
be driving in the first place) sitting in the car (no car behind them)
like we didn't exist!

Another one just cut off in front of us last night with little
courtesy, and a few other incidents even worse.

Kind of a good idea to make the streets bike and pedestrian friendly,
isn't it? Has anyone thought about it?

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 3, 2010, 11:56:09 AM4/3/10
On Apr 3, 8:36 am, tunderbar <tdcom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 5:02 pm, "TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu"

> > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > "Don't be a stupid monkey trying to be a lion"
>

> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> You should ask that of Al Gore.

You should ask the real people instead. In America everybody is in the
cage, save for NYC and a few other lucky places.

cca...@new.rr.com

Apr 3, 2010, 12:15:19 PM4/3/10

<nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm not going to ask the reverse question because I know that we can
> easily be more frugal (hey, ride a bicycle or walk to the market), but
> I can't see how we could more wasteful. Everywhere I turn I see a
> competition for the bigger car, the bigger boat, and the heat is on
> the small fish that dare to swim around.
>
> In other words, EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE THEBIG FISH! The stats show

> America leading the field vs. Japan and Germany by something like 2 or
> 3 to 1 in energy efficiency. Hey, we are #1!

> THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> "Don't be a stupid monkey trying to be a lion"
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

I've been thinking of ways to reduce my waste. I want to make my
weekly garbage disposal as small as I can. This means, try to use non-
recyclable, throw-away things as little as possible.

I've been thinking of growing a beard so I could end my shaving cream
and razor consumption. I'd abstain from deodorant too, if I could find
a natural way - and a way that wouldn't make me look like a hippy - to
keep my armpits from stinking.

TibetanMonkey, thanks for posting this to "frugal living". I'm going
to check that newsgroup out...

Cullen

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 3, 2010, 12:37:58 PM4/3/10

Thank you! I can't grow a beard though because it itches. ;)

What I DO is...

a) COMPOST (I bought the bin)

b) EAT LESS MEAT (I really don't care for it)

c) WALK

What I can NOT do...

a) BICYCLE (for obvious reasons, though my bikes are really setup for
practical transportation)

b) RECYCLE (no such program here --hey, this is not Zimbabwe but Miami
Beach)

c) FIND HEALTHY HEALTHY SUPERMARKETS AROUND (I must drive some 6
miles)

I have a motto that could go a long way in America --and the world:
"BIKE LOCALLY, BUY LOCALLY."

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 3, 2010, 12:46:55 PM4/3/10
On Apr 3, 9:15 am, "ccar...@new.rr.com" <ccar...@new.rr.com> wrote:

> TibetanMonkey, thanks for posting this to "frugal living". I'm going
> to check that newsgroup out...
>
> Cullen

Sorry, Cullen. The most meaningful page for you is what drives me to
take a stand. It was the original phase of the struggle. No jungle or
monkeys... ;)

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote6

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 3, 2010, 12:52:21 PM4/3/10
On Apr 3, 9:18 am, lil abner <@daisey.mae> wrote:
> TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
>
> > (It seems every incapable driver out there, particularly dumb people,
> > the "sheep" if you will, drives a little Toyota. And they are a menace
> > to the regular population. Notice that SUVs are much worse, but we
> > already knew that)
>

> > Well, the subject now is Rome... ;)
>
> > Watch this video:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ4qCmTIna8
>
> > To be learned:
>
> > a) lots of scooters
>
> > b) no SUVs
>
> > c) respect for others (cooperation)
>
> > This comment caught my attention...
>
> > "This chaos relies on the concept, that nobody has the ultimate right
> > to drive. Infact, everyone is quite observant of the other cars and
> > people. When you start walking, somboby will stop. Just be confident
> > and walk."
>
> > And the reason is that all the time in America I see these cars
> > BLOCKING THE PEDESTRIAN X-INGS and they won't budge! The other day, we
> > waited for a car to move for a few minutes before we could safely get
> > to the other side of this minor street. Two old ladies (that shouldn't
> > be driving in the first place) sitting in the car (no car behind them)
> > like we didn't exist!
>
> > Another one just cut off in front of us last night with little
> > courtesy, and a few other incidents even worse.
>
> > Kind of a good idea to make the streets bike and pedestrian friendly,
> > isn't it? Has anyone thought about it?

It was meant to show that drivers could get along better by
COOPERATION rather than COMPETITION.

But hey, we can enforce a few laws (other than $peeding), and, for
example, have the cars stay clear of the pedestrian crossings.

Rod Speed

Apr 3, 2010, 2:23:18 PM4/3/10
cca...@new.rr.com wrote:
> On Apr 2, 5:03 pm, "TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu"
> <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'm not going to ask the reverse question because I know that we can
>> easily be more frugal (hey, ride a bicycle or walk to the market),
>> but I can't see how we could more wasteful. Everywhere I turn I see a
>> competition for the bigger car, the bigger boat, and the heat is on
>> the small fish that dare to swim around.
>>
>> In other words, EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE THEBIG FISH! The stats show
>> America leading the field vs. Japan and Germany by something like 2
>> or 3 to 1 in energy efficiency. Hey, we are #1!

>> THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>>
>> "Don't be a stupid monkey trying to be a lion"
>>
>> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

> I've been thinking of ways to reduce my waste.

The best way to do that is to hang yourself with some
used rope and let your body be used in that corpse farm.

> I want to make my weekly garbage disposal as small as I can. This

> means, try to use non-recyclable, throw-away things as little as possible.

> I've been thinking of growing a beard so I could end my shaving
> cream and razor consumption. I'd abstain from deodorant too,
> if I could find a natural way - and a way that wouldn't make
> me look like a hippy - to keep my armpits from stinking.

Just accept the fact that thats natural, stupid.

> TibetanMonkey, thanks for posting this to "frugal living".
> I'm going to check that newsgroup out...

Its pretty dead now.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 3, 2010, 7:25:52 PM4/3/10
On Apr 3, 11:23 am, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:

You are such a pessimist. Civilization is possible.

You are even trying in Iraq and Afghanistan, right?

Rod Speed

Apr 3, 2010, 8:40:18 PM4/3/10

You werent here before it died.

> Civilization is possible.

No such thing as civilisation in usenet, fool.

Its the closest thing to anarchy any of use will ever be part of.

> You are even trying in Iraq and Afghanistan, right?

Wrong.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 3, 2010, 8:55:20 PM4/3/10

Wrong, why?

You may call me an optimist, but I believe in the power of Internet to
bring civilization to America.

Rod Speed

Apr 3, 2010, 11:06:18 PM4/3/10

Its wrong because its wrong. I am not trying anything that in Iraq and Afghanistan.

> You may call me an optimist, but I believe in the power of Internet to bring civilization to America.

I call you a fool.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 12:32:45 AM4/4/10

Just stay the course until everything falls apart, right? Easter
Island on a global scale, I guess. Or perhaps some nuclear event to
prevent us from slow agonizing death.

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2010, 3:37:56 AM4/4/10

Nothing is gunna fall apart, you watch.

> Easter Island on a global scale, I guess.

Guess again. Diamond didnt even manage to get Easter Island right.
The problem was imported rats that ate the seeds of their trees.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stories/2009/2589097.htm%26usg%3DAFQjCNEDVY33b3LFGyNmgGN8ryr4dUnCyw&usg=AFQjCNEpwEfqAqy7L7UJtE_M0tqYLPY-VA

> Or perhaps some nuclear event to prevent us from slow agonizing death.

Just another silly little neurotic fantasy, child.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 12:00:54 PM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 5:01 am, Ha Ha Boomer <jboom...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 3, 11:36 pm, TheTibetanMonkey <thetibetanmon...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:

> > I think we are owned by China now. ;)
>
> So you post errouneous nonsence, and answer yourself, taking up our
> bandwith
> with your stupid ideas....
>
> No Body Knows you and your an IDIOT
>
> AH H HA HA HA HA
>
> So, Welcome Home, throw another log on the fire
>
> And Sit on some Banana's

You are wrong, sir. First of all, I sit on my ass. Just like Jesus.

And secondly, if China were to launch a trade war with America... you
will have to eat shit...

"China's commerce minister: U.S. has the most to lose in a trade war"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 12:03:30 PM4/4/10

I've been watching the depletion of the jungles and the oceans.

> > Easter Island on a global scale, I guess.
>
> Guess again. Diamond didnt even manage to get Easter Island right.

> The problem was imported rats that ate the seeds of their trees.http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stori...

> > Or perhaps some nuclear event to prevent us from slow agonizing death.
>
> Just another silly little neurotic fantasy, child.

Oh, it's only a nightmare. Never be prepared for something, whether
it's climate change or hurricanes or earthquakes or terrorism.

Chill out, and tune out.

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2010, 5:42:44 PM4/4/10

We got much more dramatic changes in the past due to non man made climate change.

>>> Easter Island on a global scale, I guess.

>> Guess again. Diamond didnt even manage to get Easter Island right.
>> The problem was imported rats that ate the seeds of their trees.
>> http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stori...

>>> Or perhaps some nuclear event to prevent us from slow agonizing death.

>> Just another silly little neurotic fantasy, child.

> Oh, it's only a nightmare. Never be prepared for something,

No point in preparing for the martians to land either, because they aint gunna.

> whether it's climate change or hurricanes or earthquakes or terrorism.

Those have all happened, stupid.

> Chill out, and tune out.

Hari Krishna.

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2010, 5:44:01 PM4/4/10
TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
> On Apr 4, 5:01 am, Ha Ha Boomer <jboom...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 3, 11:36 pm, TheTibetanMonkey <thetibetanmon...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>
>>> I think we are owned by China now. ;)
>>
>> So you post errouneous nonsence, and answer yourself, taking up our
>> bandwith
>> with your stupid ideas....
>>
>> No Body Knows you and your an IDIOT
>>
>> AH H HA HA HA HA
>>
>> So, Welcome Home, throw another log on the fire
>>
>> And Sit on some Banana's
>
> You are wrong, sir. First of all, I sit on my ass. Just like Jesus.
>
> And secondly, if China were to launch a trade war with America...
> you will have to eat shit...

Nope, they'd lose. They aint that stupid.

> "China's commerce minister: U.S. has the most to lose in a trade war"

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03

Corse he wouldnt be just a tad biased, eh ?

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 6:46:39 PM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 2:44 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
>

> > On Apr 4, 5:01 am, Ha Ha Boomer <jboom...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> So you post errouneous nonsence, and answer yourself, taking up our
> >> bandwith
> >> with your stupid ideas....
>
> >> No Body Knows you and your an IDIOT
>
> >> AH H HA HA HA HA
>
> >> So, Welcome Home, throw another log on the fire
>
> >> And Sit on some Banana's
>
> > You are wrong, sir. First of all, I sit on my ass. Just like Jesus.
>
> > And secondly, if China were to launch a trade war with America...
> > you will have to eat shit...
>
> Nope, they'd lose. They aint that stupid.

Maybe America is stupid in putting too much pressure on them. But most
everybody that feels powerful gets arrogant.

> > "China's commerce minister: U.S. has the most to lose in a trade war"
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03
>
> Corse he wouldnt be just a tad biased, eh ?

They control the manufacturing process, so how can America ever go on
a diet without indulging in overconsumption? They would win.

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2010, 9:20:53 PM4/4/10
TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2:44 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:

>>> You are wrong, sir. First of all, I sit on my ass. Just like Jesus.
>>
>>> And secondly, if China were to launch a trade war with America...
>>> you will have to eat shit...
>>
>> Nope, they'd lose. They aint that stupid.
>
> Maybe America is stupid in putting too much pressure on them.

It aint putting any pressure on them at all, child.

They know who is funding their immense national debt, even if you dont.

> But most everybody that feels powerful gets arrogant.

Corse you never ever do anything like that, eh child ?

>>> "China's commerce minister: U.S. has the most to lose in a trade
>>> war" http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03

>> Corse he wouldnt be just a tad biased, eh ?

> They control the manufacturing process,

Like hell they do.

> so how can America ever go on a diet without indulging in overconsumption? They would win.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 10:25:01 PM4/4/10

Oh c'mon, we would die without China. Which is to say, we would have a
simpler life, and the roles may be reversed with China running the
world. And now they have become hungry too.

I'm just saying.

The point is WHY on earth we are so advanced as to not being able to
ride a bike?

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2010, 11:14:02 PM4/4/10

Nope, someone else would start manufacturing what they currently make.

> Which is to say, we would have a simpler life, and the
> roles may be reversed with China running the world.

Pure fantasy, they cant even run tibet.

> And now they have become hungry too.

No one goes hungry anymore except when the place has decended
into the most obscene levels of civil chaos and civil war or are stupid
enough to let some fool like Kim Jung Il rule the roost, stupid.

> I'm just saying.

Stop it at once. And let go of your dick before you end up completely blind too.

> The point is WHY on earth we are so advanced
> as to not being able to ride a bike?

Even the chinese arent stupid enough ride bikes anymore, stupid.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 4, 2010, 11:32:40 PM4/4/10

I know, but a Tibetan Monkey is not the same as a Tibetan Monk.

> > And now they have become hungry too.
>
> No one goes hungry anymore except when the place has decended
> into the most obscene levels of civil chaos and civil war or are stupid
> enough to let some fool like Kim Jung Il rule the roost, stupid.
>
> > I'm just saying.
>
> Stop it at once. And let go of your dick before you end up completely blind too.

I'm even using binoculars, so don't worry. I found a nice little
escape out of the jungle to see the world in perspective.

> > The point is WHY on earth we are so advanced
> > as to not being able to ride a bike?
>
> Even the chinese arent stupid enough ride bikes anymore, stupid.

Only the Chinese are willing and able to copycat American way of life.
Not the Japanese, not the Germans, not the French, not the Dutch. They
wanted to buy Hummer, and ride Hummer...

That's called NAPOLEONIC COMPLEX.

Hey, follow the WISE MONKEY...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f3SZ5Tu916o/SxL0SrsmUEI/AAAAAAAAOMg/a2uYD8dZCKg/s400/Budha_Banana_BIG.jpg