Update Ability and Error 800A01CE

Sedoshi7

Sep 12, 2009, 4:34:01 PM9/12/09
I am very disapointed that such a large firm AVOIDS the issue of an error
it's own systems report.

I must update my system files without wipe of other data on drive. A update
was lost and cannot be gained due to update page giving the error of 800A01CE
just in front of salvation. Yet, this appears to be treated as the most
denied error of windows.

I will not even think of that insufferable stupid trash of RegCure you folks
pipe about. It did this.

Cody Jarrett

Sep 12, 2009, 4:55:16 PM9/12/09
Sedoshi7 <Sedo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Can we assume that English is not your primary language (you made
little sense in that rant)?

Jim

Sep 12, 2009, 5:13:47 PM9/12/09

1) This newsgroup is nothing to do with Microsoft .
2) Regcure is cr*p .

Peter Foldes

Sep 12, 2009, 7:16:57 PM9/12/09
Reg Cure is a Snake Oil remedy. All Registry Tools are good for is to cause issues
as you have encountered. Some cannot even boot after using a Registry Tool.
Who in the World told you to use such a tool.

0x800A01CE = The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable
0x800A is a script engine runtime error.
01CE = 462 in decimal (check the WSH/VBScript docs).

http://computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/code/code_800A01CE.htm

I suggest that you try a System Restore and if that does not correct the issue then
Flatten and Rebuild doing a clean reformat after saving all your needed data
--
Peter

"Sedoshi7" <Sedo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Peter Foldes

Sep 12, 2009, 7:18:55 PM9/12/09
Jim

>This newsgroup is nothing to do with Microsoft .

And where in the world did you deduct that brilliant statement from.
This is a microsoft.public newsgroup

--
Peter

"Jim" <bojim...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jim

Sep 13, 2009, 6:15:52 AM9/13/09
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:18:55 -0400, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Jim
>
>>This newsgroup is nothing to do with Microsoft .

nothing to do with Microsoft

Corporation ? Any better ?

Sedoshi7

Sep 15, 2009, 11:59:01 AM9/15/09

Oh nice. Banter without an answer. You rock. ... NEXT!!!

Sedoshi7

Sep 15, 2009, 12:06:01 PM9/15/09
"Jim" wrote:

What?!?! I actually had to do a double take on this one.
"This newsgroup is nothing to do with Microsoft " you typed.
Top of this page shows in bold "Discussions in Windows XP Help and Support"
The given name of the newsgroup says,
"microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support "

I can only assume that you are the one without a cup of coffee, hmm?

Sedoshi7

Sep 15, 2009, 12:16:01 PM9/15/09
> Who in the World told you to use such a tool.
>
> 0x800A01CE = The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable
> 0x800A is a script engine runtime error.
> 01CE = 462 in decimal (check the WSH/VBScript docs).
>
> http://computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/code/code_800A01CE.htm
>
> I suggest that you try a System Restore and if that does not correct the issue then
> Flatten and Rebuild doing a clean reformat after saving all your needed data
> --
> Peter

> "Sedoshi7" <Sedo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am very disapointed that such a large firm AVOIDS the issue of an error
> > it's own systems report.
> >
> > I must update my system files without wipe of other data on drive. A update
> > was lost and cannot be gained due to update page giving the error of 800A01CE
> > just in front of salvation. Yet, this appears to be treated as the most
> > denied error of windows.
> >
> > I will not even think of that insufferable stupid trash of RegCure you folks
> > pipe about. It did this.

YES! AN ANSWER!! Did you happen to see the other garbage ahead of your
reply? Wow.

The error happens each time I try to login to Windows Live via the Messenger
Application itself. I could send a screenshot, but the error prevents my
login into chats and messenger ablity via just this application. Online
works just fine with all Live applications. I cannot login using the
MsMessenger without getting this error.

Windows Update Center fails as well. It is the only bugs. Is there a means
to replace the scripting DLL from a compressed archive without reinstalation?

PA Bear [MS-MVP]

Sep 15, 2009, 4:48:32 PM9/15/09
<snip>

cf. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/6e14f4c80f16edde