adding search providers

Ronald Foltz

Feb 27, 2009, 5:03:58 PM2/27/09
i am using internet explorer 7 and have tried to add new search probiders to
the drop down list but when i try to add the search engine, i receive a
little pop-up window with the message , "Unable to add search provider. The
"Create Yor Own" tool requires Internet Explorer" with the numbers (32811).
. i have posted in the Iternet Explorer newgroup but seems like no-one uses
the newsgroup. . . thanks for any help

Alan Edwards

Feb 27, 2009, 5:43:08 PM2/27/09
I don't see any posts by you in the IE7 newsgroup, which has plenty of
traffic.

Please try the IE7 group.
The recommended newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In a proper newsreader:

If you must use a web interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

...Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:03:58 GMT, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Ronald Foltz" <genf...@att.net>

Ronald Foltz

Feb 27, 2009, 6:39:50 PM2/27/09
Thanks for the information. . for some reason my computer is not downloading
msgs from the group. . used the web page you provided. . thanks again
"Alan Edwards" <edw...@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Feb 28, 2009, 4:06:56 AM2/28/09
[Crosspost to IE General]

Start | Run | (copy/paste) regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\msxml3.dll | OK
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Feb 28, 2009, 4:13:13 AM2/28/09
PS: Ron, I can't find any recent posts by you in IE General newsgroup:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=author:genfolkc%40att.net&scoring=d

PSS: Did you see
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/2c42632da53bec64 ?
Could the problems in that thread be related to your search providers issue?

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> [Crosspost to IE General]
>
> Start | Run | (copy/paste) regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\msxml3.dll | OK

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Feb 28, 2009, 11:24:51 PM2/28/09
Error "Element not found" when attempting to add a Search Provider in
Internet Explorer 7:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/122/1/Error-Element-not-found-when-attempting-to-add-a-Search-Provider-in-Internet-Explorer-7.html

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Ronald Foltz" <genf...@att.net> wrote in message

Ronald Foltz

Mar 4, 2009, 10:48:26 PM3/4/09
Hello Ramesh. .problem solved. . thank you very much for your help
"Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" <ramesh@unknownhost> wrote in message

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Mar 4, 2009, 11:58:58 PM3/4/09
You're welcome Ronald.

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Ronald Foltz" <genf...@att.net> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Mar 5, 2009, 11:26:02 AM3/5/09
Thank you for returning to your original thread, Ron.

Ronald Foltz

Mar 5, 2009, 10:15:35 PM3/5/09
you're welcome. .and thanks for your help too. . and i apologize for my
rudeness
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ronald Foltz

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Mar 8, 2009, 4:19:19 AM3/8/09
Your post showed up here, Ron, but then I access these newsgroups via the
free MS newsserver while you're using a newsserver provided by your ISP.
Gibe the MS newsserver a whirl, I think you'll find it more reliable.

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups

Totally OT: Any chance your family's from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
area?