update failed error code 80070652

and blue@discussions.microsoft.com black and blue

Dec 19, 2008, 1:16:02 PM12/19/08
Hello? Microsoft? Are you listening? I'm tired of my computer not
downloading "important" updates that YOU send me. I'm tired of my computer
encountering a "problem" and shuting down unexpectedly. I am a computer
consumer, i.e., I buy the computer and use it. I am not a software engineer!
That is YOUR job! Not mine. I am tired of your crappy software and I am
shopping for a MAC!!! I don't intend to ever come back to a PC or any
microsft products again. I have struggled for years with your crap and I'm
done...Thanks for the misery

MowGreen [MVP]

Dec 19, 2008, 7:37:59 PM12/19/08
black and blue wrote:

No one from MS regulary frequents this newsgroup therefore your post is
actually directed to no one.

Read these first: Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update Crashing Users' Systems

Mac OS X 10.5.6 Users Report Crashes, Blue Screens
http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/mac/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212500729

And Apple's 'explanation' of what may be causing the issue:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3194

> You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modifications
> installed or if you have modified the operating system through other means, or if you have moved
> Apple applications from their default locations (the /Applications or /Applications/Utilities folders.
> (This does not apply to normal application software installation.)

Good luck !

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Dec 20, 2008, 11:05:10 AM12/20/08
If you buy a car, can you drive it forever without doing any maintenance
whatsoever or encountering any mechanical problems?

TVich

Jan 29, 2009, 9:57:01 PM1/29/09
No, but my car also doesn't crash going 60 mph and crash once a week, or
require me to turnonwinsheild-flipblinker-honkhorn to reset (aka
Cntrl-Alt-Del). Especially within one year of owning it. Not even close to
the same equivalent. No, I'm not a software engineer, but I did sleep at a
Holiday Inn Express, and I've STILL NO F"ING CLUE HOW TO RESOLVE THIS! Even
vehicles have recalls. Microsoft considers 'issues' like this, opportunities
$$$$. Unethical by my account.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 29, 2009, 10:07:56 PM1/29/09
Perhaps we could help /you/ if you began a new thread and included some
details (e.g., full Windows version [e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1] and what
update is throwing the error).

Also see
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/9a2cae2b3c18c278

TVich wrote:
> No, but my car also doesn't crash going 60 mph and crash once a week, or
> require me to turnonwinsheild-flipblinker-honkhorn to reset (aka
> Cntrl-Alt-Del). Especially within one year of owning it. Not even close
> the same equivalent. No, I'm not a software engineer, but I did sleep at
> Holiday Inn Express, and I've STILL NO F"ING CLUE HOW TO RESOLVE THIS!
> Even
> vehicles have recalls. Microsoft considers 'issues' like this,
> opportunities $$$$. Unethical by my account.

<snip>

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Jan 30, 2009, 3:58:32 AM1/30/09
TVich wrote:

> No, but my car also doesn't crash going 60 mph and crash once a week, or
> require me to turnonwinsheild-flipblinker-honkhorn to reset (aka
> Cntrl-Alt-Del).

On the other hand, automobiles have been around for about 120 years. Personal
computers have been around for about thirty. I can't speak from personal
experience, but I suspect that the average automobile was a bit less
user-friendly back in 1918!

(Much more to the point, automobiles are a *lot* less complicated than PCs,
don't have the same wild proliferation of third-party add-ons, and as far as I
know nobody writes viruses for cars.)

Bottom line: making personal computers work reliably all the time for everyone
simply isn't in the current state of the art.

Harry.

Bawkneira

Aug 3, 2009, 5:41:01 AM8/3/09
Hit ctrl>alt>del to get to Windows Task Manager when it is opened click in
the show processes from all users when the new screen comes up click on
msiexe.exe and click the end process button. this will let you
download. for some reason msiexe.exe sticks or stays open and won't let you
download.You should be ok and if not go back in and end process again

Jen

Feb 28, 2010, 12:50:01 PM2/28/10
Thank you Bawkneira, that seemed to fix this wierd update error.

and ftw MAC's aren't invulnerable to breakdowns and viruses, no computer is.
It'll just be a matter of time.