How to Uninstall ActiveSync?

miktro

Dec 24, 2005, 11:35:02 AM12/24/05
I have a recent problem on my DESKTOP XP Pro PC which seems to be related
to ActiveSync (can't open MSGraph objects in Powerpoint).
(First noticed it on December 19th).

How do I uninstall ActiveSync from my PC?

It doesn't appear in add / remove programs.
None of the registry Keys in the KB article to manually remove v 3.8 exist
on my machine (no Windows Ce stuff at all).

(no RAPI.DLL or msasync.exe anywhere.)

If I delete the 'Microsoft ActiveSynce' directory in 'Program Files' - then
it prompts me to re-install something from my Office CD every time I open a
program - and the directory is recreated with 3 files in it (msconv97.dll,
mswrd832.dll, RICHINK.DLL).

I do not want ActiveSync - and as far as I am aware I have never installed
it (but it could have sneaked through if buried in a list of Microsoft
updates).

The only comments I have found on Google seem to suggest I need to do a
complete wipe and re-install of Windows - which would take 2-3 days to re-
install everything - and will be my absolutely last resort.

Any help greatly appreciated.

yogi

Dec 24, 2005, 12:37:02 PM12/24/05
to help you better i would want to know if you get any error messages when
you try to open the document or try to access the msgraph objects in
powerpoint. another thing you can try to narrow down on the problem is to
open a new powerpoint presentation and try and insert and access a msgraph
object.

The problem may not be related with active sync at all.

Hope this helps
yogi

Bert Kinney

Dec 24, 2005, 2:11:17 PM12/24/05

As for ActiveSync, I would suggest reinstalling it then uninstalling via
Add/remove programs.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

miktro

Dec 24, 2005, 3:17:23 PM12/24/05
"=?Utf-8?B?eW9naQ==?=" <yo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> to help you better i would want to know if you get any error messages
> when you try to open the document or try to access the msgraph objects
> in powerpoint. another thing you can try to narrow down on the problem
> is to open a new powerpoint presentation and try and insert and access
> a msgraph object.
>
> The problem may not be related with active sync at all.
>
> Hope this helps
> yogi

I need to know how to remove ActiveSync.

My PPT problem may not be realted to ActiveSync
But
I can add charts to PPT.
Byt if I save th PPT and re-open it then I can't open existing chrts for
editng.
I get an error message about missing OLE server - and when I try and re-
install it says it can't find the application server.

The application server path for MS Graph is stored in the registry in DOS
8.3 format - with he directory path containing MICROS~2.
Hoever the corrrect directory would actually be MICROS~3.
Because 'Microsoft ActiveSync' directory has been added to program files
the path to Grpah is now incorrect.

I want ot eliminate ActiveSync as this might solve the problem but - even
if not - will help me further diagnose what is causing it.

So - how do I get rid of ActiveSync?

Yumna

Mar 4, 2008, 5:40:00 PM3/4/08
Hi I would like to uninstall activeSync from my hanheld device i'm currently
using MC50 windows CE. The resone I want to uninstall it is because i want to
downgrade it to 3.7 the newer version does not transfer files. When I attempt
to add and remove whether from my PC or the handheld the program boxes are
empty there for I can not select what program i want to delete.

Please help

"

Robert Aldwinckle

Mar 5, 2008, 12:15:53 PM3/5/08
"Yumna" <Yu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Explain what is wrong with the suggestion the OP was given over 2 years ago?

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/8d2f15700758a89b?dmode=source

Notice that there was no response from the OP to this suggestion
so that is usually a good sign that it probably helped.

BTW I don't think that this question is really on-topic in
any of the newsgroups the OP (and consequently you)
posted to. But since you only vaguely refer to a "hanheld device"
I'm not sure which one would really be appropriate.
(FWIW my guess would be pocketpc.)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Yumna

Mar 6, 2008, 10:31:06 AM3/6/08
Yes i'm using pocket PC
nothing is wrong with the OS. the resone why I want to delete activeSinc is
because it does not sync wirelessly. the older version ActiveSync 3.7 does
Sync wirelessly. I want to delete activeSync from the handheld device and
install 3.7 in it's place