Outlook Express

1 view

Jerry Pinsky

Oct 27, 2007, 12:09:11 PM10/27/07
Somehow my Outlook Express cannot show HTML e-mails. If I set the options
to text only I can see them-header & message. Uncheck "text only" and I see
only header.

Jerry

PA Bear

Oct 27, 2007, 11:36:47 PM10/27/07
Try posting to this OE-specific newsgroup instead:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

GailSeib

Nov 20, 2007, 5:56:01 AM11/20/07
The exact same thing has happened to me and I haven't been able to find out
why. It may have been after we upgraded to Windows Live Messenger. I can
open the email and the viewing pane is like a sheet of glass but if I click
in it, CTRL-C to copy and then paste in Word I can read the email. However I
desperately want to solve the problem so if anyone can help you it will help
me too.

antioch

Nov 21, 2007, 6:25:46 PM11/21/07
Look for the WLM group in that web interface discussion group.
Sorry but you are in the wrong group.

Antioch

"GailSeib" <Gail...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

judydavis

Jul 15, 2008, 12:02:15 AM7/15/08
In reply to your 27 Oct '07 message regarding Outlook Exprss cannot show HTML e-mails -mine is doing that and "text only" is all I can see and I just am unhappy with it. I thought I was the only one in the world with this problem - how do you fix it? Please reply. Judy

TaurArian

Jul 15, 2008, 12:53:00 AM7/15/08
Huh! What are you on about? Whose posting are you responding to "27 Oct
'07"????
If you have a problem and whatever it is describe it in more detail and post
on the Outlook Express Newsgroup. This Newsgroup has enough problems of its
own.
Thank you.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jul 15, 2008, 3:07:50 AM7/15/08
OE Tools | Options | Read | Read all messages in plain text (uncheck)
--
OE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jul 15, 2008, 3:07:17 AM7/15/08
supernews.com strikes again!

TaurArian wrote:
> Huh! What are you on about? Whose posting are you responding to "27 Oct
> '07"????
> If you have a problem and whatever it is describe it in more detail and
> post
> on the Outlook Express Newsgroup. This Newsgroup has enough problems of
> its
> own.
> Thank you.

TaurArian

Jul 15, 2008, 5:56:32 AM7/15/08
<snip>.| OE Tools | Options | Read | Read all messages in plain text (uncheck) <snip>

Robear, surely the OP would have checked that one out first? That would have been the most
obvious thing to do.
I still want to know who the reply is to dated 27 Oct '07. Okay, some unknown in
supernews.com.

I'll move on............
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jul 15, 2008, 9:50:34 AM7/15/08
OT:

Since SP2 was released 4 years ago, I might be suffering from CRS Syndrome
but IIRC that's the default setting after installing SP2 (and, by extension,
when installing SP3 on a WinXP SP1 box). If OP just installed either, (s)he
wouldn't be the first OE user who didn't have this clue. <eg>

Original thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/ad0f80a7c5e0d3c
(which took some digging since Google Groups search seems to be horked)

IN RE supernews.com weirdness, compare Judy's headers
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/f9dba1f78fc49fe8?dmode=source
to mine
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/59ac78adfdc29840?dmode=source

Even if she hadn't altered the subject, posts made via that newsgroup never
contain anything in the Reference line except the Reference to the post
being made.