error 80244019

Victor

Feb 20, 2009, 8:56:00 PM2/20/09
i have looked at the other threads & nothing seems to be working. i am using
windows vista basic edition & starting maybe a month ago my computer wouldn't
get any updates it needed. i originally thought it was just a problem that
could be fixed on its own, but i see now that is not the case. when i try to
go to the links i saw on the other threads my internet doesn't let me go
there. i need help beause i fear my computer is missing valuable updates.
what should i do?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Feb 20, 2009, 9:02:33 PM2/20/09
You will have to use another machine to download your tools, etc., and post
logs to an appropriate forum.

There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

2. Now run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the
requested logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Victor

Feb 21, 2009, 1:36:01 PM2/21/09
i can't download anything from microsoft website

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Feb 21, 2009, 3:00:29 PM2/21/09
Repost: You will have to use another machine to download your tools, etc.,
and post logs to an appropriate forum.

Thread history:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/add7da08bfba80b1

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Tilmeeth

Feb 23, 2009, 5:02:01 AM2/23/09
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm not particularly Windows savvy, but
have done a Live OneCare scan (found problems, couldn't fix them all). The
problem happens in both Firefox (my browser of choice) and IE7. I have run my
scans using AVG, no problems encountered, and used MalwareBytes but still,
nothing. I am pretty sure this is a hijack scenario, as clicking links in my
search engines takes me to commercial sites and not my intended destination.

I have installed and run TrendMicro's 'Hijack This!' and it seems to have
cleared the problem. Thankfully. They sell systems without a Windows disk
over here so a format is out of the question.

Hope you find a solution Victor :)
Jennifer