A Google Csoportok már nem támogatja az új Usenet-bejegyzéseket és -feliratkozásokat. A korábbi tartalmak továbbra is megtekinthetők.

Wireless Failure after Service Pack 3

4 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Dave

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 7. 20:00:022008. 05. 07.
After configuring a new installation of XP at Service pack 2 Compact wireless
usb adapter (model wusb54gc) I connected to the update site to download the
patches and went ahead with sp3. Since instaling sp3, if I use the XP
configuration utility I cannot get any connection and if I use the Linksys
tool, I get a very low speed.

The only way I got this to work was deleting and reinstalling the device
driver. Needless to say I have stopped all upgrading until we can figure out
why wireless is being disrupted. Is it USB related or is it wireless?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 7. 20:22:242008. 05. 07.
e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-uk&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

in2it

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 16. 10:00:012008. 05. 16.
Hi Dave,

Same with me. After installing SP3 (why I continue to torture myself I'll
never know) my wireless connection keeps dropping and I have to continually
"repair" the connection to get to the Internet. I've downloaded the latest
drivers fron Linksys and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for it 3
ways to sunday, each time resulting in lost connections. Equipment is
Linksys Wireless G, (WMP54G).

I had a similar event back about December, but after I installed the newer
driver, everything worked fine... until SP3. Anyone have any advice, besides
system restore? System restore doesn't address the issue at hand, it is a
band-aid for those who aren't willing to find a fix.

Any help, much appreciated,

Glenn

Gonçalves@discussions.microsoft.com Daniel Gonçalves

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 17. 16:58:002008. 05. 17.
Same problem here! I downloaded service pack 3 from windows update, and after
it was installed my wireless stoped working.

Did someone managed to solve this problem?

I have a sitecom wireless network usb adapter.

thanks in advance...

Alan

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 17. 17:33:192008. 05. 17.
Hi Daniel,

I THOUGHT my problem had been solved after chatting with a Microsoft tech a
few days ago, but when I rebooted my modem and router last night, I once
again lost connectivity.

It's not happening with all wireless connections, though: The old Netgear
802.11b that I use on my spare PC has had no problems at all with SP3.

Alan

"Daniel Gonçalves" <Daniel Gonçal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:07E891D1-BE41-4DD7...@microsoft.com...

Gonçalves@discussions.microsoft.com Daniel Gonçalves

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 17. 17:55:012008. 05. 17.
The funny thing is that my wireless device connects to my wireless router.
But when i try to acess the internet it doesnt work. Can this be a internal
security block from service pack 3 preventing the wireless connection to
access the internet?

I've searched the net with my other computer ( the one with no sp3) and it
seems a lot of people are having wireless problems after the sp3 instalation.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 17. 18:25:302008. 05. 17.

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Alan

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 17. 18:30:072008. 05. 17.
I have the exact same situation, Daniel.

I see the internal SSID, and it shows up in the Wireless Zero properties.

But I can't get on to the 'Net.

I know that SP3 has "new and enhanced functionality" that does something
about "Black Hole" Router Detection and Network Access Protection (NAP).
(I know....that's so descriptive. LOL)

But I have no idea if that could be what's causing problems.

Alan

"Daniel Gonçalves" <Daniel Gonçal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

message news:193D402B-2B75-442B...@microsoft.com...

in2it

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 19. 21:54:002008. 05. 19.
Hey Alan,

I too tried Wireless Zero, and a few other things. I also read the vague
descriptions for what changed in SP3 and wondered if the NAP is the root of
the evil, but can't seem to find what it is exactly it encompasses. Also, my
HP 1300 series All in One still prints but can't figure out why it won't scan
anymore, even after reloading the program. I haven't had this much fun sice
shoving bamboo under my finger nails and lighting it on fire. I can find no
resolution for either problem anywhere on the web.

I worked software in VA a few years back and used to cringe when our
programmers gave that same vague statement of "new and enhanced
functionality" as a description of what they changed. The "between the
lines" meant we, supporting the program, were left holding the bag explaining
to the customer all the work arounds and taking lots of aspirin. Despite my
first posting I think I'll wimp out and uninstall SP3 until MS gets their
crap in one sock. And if not, maybe buy that Apple I've been eyeing, can't be
any worse than MS. Could it?

Good Luck on the quest.

Glenn

Harry Johnston [MVP]

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 19. 22:27:262008. 05. 19.
in2it wrote:

> I worked software in VA a few years back and used to cringe when our
> programmers gave that same vague statement of "new and enhanced
> functionality" as a description of what they changed.

Have you seen the white paper?

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=68c48dad-bc34-40be-8d85-6bb4f56f5110&DisplayLang=en>

It's fairly specific about what has been added.

Harry.

Alan

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 19. 22:52:412008. 05. 19.
Harry,

It's not so much what the White Paper says. Rather, this discussion is more
along the lines of what it MEANS.

There are also some other publications or KB articles from Microsoft, which
state that SP3 will "change the functionality" of some third party apps.

That's true.

But it offers no details other than to blandly say (or at least imply) that
some things that used to work just fine now won't.

Alan

"Harry Johnston [MVP]" <ha...@scms.waikato.ac.nz> wrote in message

Harry Johnston [MVP]

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 19. 23:14:272008. 05. 19.
Alan wrote:

> There are also some other publications or KB articles from Microsoft, which
> state that SP3 will "change the functionality" of some third party apps.
>
> That's true.
>
> But it offers no details other than to blandly say (or at least imply) that
> some things that used to work just fine now won't.

I don't think there's much more Microsoft can say about third party software.
It's up to the vendors in question to advise customers of what functionality has
been lost, and to correct it - that is, assuming the problem is a bug or
incompatibility in their software.

Harry.

realcestmoi

olvasatlan,
2008. máj. 19. 23:18:422008. 05. 19.
Hi there,

I am on a wireless connection too with Sp3 installed.

Working fine.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Alan" <some...@nospam.not> wrote in message

cvanblok

olvasatlan,
2008. jún. 24. 1:49:002008. 06. 24.
This worked for me...

1. Rebuild the Winsock LSP chain. To do this, follow these steps: a. Log on
to the Microsoft Windows XP workstation as an administrator.
b. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
c. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
netsh Winsock reset
When the program is finished, you will receive the following message:
Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in
order to complete the reset.
If you receive this message, go to step 1d.

If you are not logged in as an administrator, you will receive the following
error message:

Unable to reset the Winsock Catalog. Access is denied.
If you receive this message, log off the computer, and then log back on by
using an account with Administrator access. Typically, the first user account
that was created has Administrator access. Then, repeat steps 1b and 1c.
d. Restart your computer.

2. Test each of your third-party programs that are known to use LSPs.
3.

Reinstall any malfunctioning third-party programs that are known to use LSPs

Lastly, I do not even know if it is relevant but, in an attempt to help the
process along, can I throw in a wild card that might, or might not, provide
some "out of the box" food-for-thought on getting this problem closer to a
resolution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259/en-us

"How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server
2003, in Windows XP, and in Windows Vista"

If this is a waste of time, sorry, but I thought that I would give the
suggestion a go.

chinook

olvasatlan,
2008. szept. 7. 9:46:142008. 09. 07.

A couple of days after installing Service Pack 3, my wireless connection
suddenly dropped out. On checking available wireless networks, my
network was available but clicking connect just left the connection in a
permanent loop waiting for "acquiring network address". I am using a
Linksys Wireless G ADSL Gateway and a LevelOne WNC-0301 11g Wireless PCI
Card. Since my other computer that did not have SP3 was still
connecting to the network without problems, I think the problem may be
that my LevelOne driver provided by Ralink Technology Inc - version
2.02.06.0000 (dated 2004) is not digitally signed.

I could have persevered trying to solve this problem but I took the
easy option and uninstalled SP3. My computer now connects to my network
again.

--
chinook
chinook's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/chinook.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

gohnad

olvasatlan,
2008. szept. 15. 15:41:312008. 09. 15.
Does the Rebuild the Winsock LSP chain help win xp pro machines by chance? My box cannot connect to my router after sp3 install.

gohnad

olvasatlan,
2008. szept. 15. 15:41:092008. 09. 15.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

olvasatlan,
2008. szept. 15. 17:32:232008. 09. 15.
Possibly related KBs include...

Device Manager and Network Connections may be blank after you install

Windows XP Service Pack 3

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791

Device Manager may not show any devices and Network Connections may not show
any network connections after you install Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953979

A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it resumes
from standby or from hibernation, or you receive an error message when you
try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447

Windows XP SP3-based client computers cannot access the network when some
DHCP information is unavailable
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953761

An ADSL router may restart occasionally after you install Windows XP SP3 or
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955084

===========================

Look! => Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available

for Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173 | select "Windows

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Krunk

olvasatlan,
2009. szept. 19. 4:20:532009. 09. 19.
I got the same problem but I could solve it by installing a free wireless client. For example this one: http://nl.softpicks.net/software/Internet/Diversen/LucidLink-Wireless-Client_nl-23225.htm

Hopefully it works for all of you!

Posted as a reply to:

Wireless Failure after Service Pack 3

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx

Shenan Stanley

olvasatlan,
2009. szept. 19. 10:13:342009. 09. 19.
<snipped>
<not likely by the one responding to the posting, but by the choice of
a web forum instead of newsgroup/newsreader>

<below is an actual link to the full conversation>

Krunk wrote:
> I got the same problem but I could solve it by installing a free
> wireless client. For example this one:
> http://nl.softpicks.net/software/Internet/Diversen/LucidLink-Wireless-Client_nl-23225.htm
>
> Hopefully it works for all of you!
>
> Posted as a reply to:
>
> Wireless Failure after Service Pack 3
>
> After configuring a new installation of XP at Service pack 2
> Compact wireless
> usb adapter (model wusb54gc) I connected to the update site to
> download the
> patches and went ahead with sp3. Since instaling sp3, if I use the
> XP
> configuration utility I cannot get any connection and if I use the
> Linksys
> tool, I get a very low speed.
>
> The only way I got this to work was deleting and reinstalling the
> device
> driver. Needless to say I have stopped all upgrading until we can
> figure out
> why wireless is being disrupted. Is it USB related or is it
> wireless?
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What you really responded to:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/4caca6a212189ef6/
(The entire conversation, archived; not some partial response thanks to
synchronization with som web forum.)

And the proper solution is to get with the manufacturer of the wireless
network device (visit their web page) and obtain the latest driver/software
for your device and install it.

On rare occassion, it may be necessary to remove all network components and
install them again - basically clearing everything and starting fresh - but
with the latest software/drivers.

If the installation of SP3 is done correctly (with care) and/or there has
been proper maintenance performed on the machine before SP3 was ever thought
of (periodic normal maintenance - even a toaster needs cleanup of the
crumbs) - the problems seem to be few and far between when installing SP3.

For example - if you followed these steps to install SP3 for Windows XP, in
general, most people would have no problems installing SP3 for Windows XP.
Also - their machine would likely run better and it would definitively help
pinpoint any issues the machine was/could be having.

First - before anything else - answer this:

Do you have an HP branded computer with an AMD processor?
(If so - answer and wait. If not, answer and continue with the steps.)

Fix your file/registry permissions...

Ignore the title and follow the sub-section under "Advanced Troubleshooting"
titled, "Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
*will take time
(** Ignore the last step - you'll install SP3 shortly, but not now.)

Reboot and ...

Download/install this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After installing, do the following:

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe" g!
--> Click OK.
(The quotation marks and percentage signs and spacing should be exact.)

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Reboot.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

Reboot.

and...

... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot.

Then follow the instructions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Reboot.

Now for SP3...

1) Download the full SP3 installation file.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for
IT Professionals and Developers (works just as well for you.)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4

You are just saving it right now - not running it yet.

2) Ensure (as well as plausible) you have no spyware/malware by doing a full
scan with SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes. If you are following
along, you have already done this!

3) CHKDSK
How to scan your disks for errors
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265
* will take time and a reboot

4) Defragment
How to Defragment your hard drives
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848
* will take time

5) Ensure your hardware drivers are up to date (from the hardware
manufacturer's respective web pages.) Never get hardware drivers
for hardware that was not created/sold by Microsoft from Microsoft.
You will need to visit at least one web site if you have a third-tier
computer (like a Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Packard Bell, Gateway, etc)
and have your model number and/or serial number ready to locate
the proper drivers for you specific model. Otherwise you may have
to visit several web sites in order to get the latest motherboard
chipset drivers, the latest video device drivers, the latest audio
device drivers and the latest network (wired and wireless) drivers.

6) Reboot right before you try to install SP3.

7) Disconnect from the internet before installing (physically disconnect -
pull the network cable or disable the router/modem.)

8) Disable your antivirus and antispyware applications when you are
about to install SP3. Usually right-click on the icon in the taskbar
gives you a choice to do so.

Install SP3 by running the downloaded executable. Reboot when
requested to do so. Logon and let the machine 'settle' for about
10 minutes. Reboot. Give it 5 minutes after logon to 'settle' - reboot.

After that - there will be more updates.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer
and visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a
CUSTOM scan...

Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time. Rebooting as needed.

against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
"Windows Live" ones for now. I would completely avoid the
Optional Hardware updates. Also - I do not see any urgent need to install
Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

Seriously - do all that. This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given. If
you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
through that step. If you don't understand how to do a step, come back and
ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.

Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if you
have more issues

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

PA Bear [MS MVP]

olvasatlan,
2009. szept. 19. 14:42:002009. 09. 19.

www.banthecheck.com

Krunk wrote:
> I got the same problem but I could solve it by installing a free wireless
> client. For example this one:
> http://nl.softpicks.net/software/Internet/Diversen/LucidLink-Wireless-Client_nl-23225.htm
>
> Hopefully it works for all of you!

<snip>