Re: error : 0x8024402F

已查看 40 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

未读,
2007年2月24日 19:47:072007/2/24
收件人
If you have a Wireless Router:-
In the security tab, make sure you aren't blocking AcitveX.

Error number: 0x8024402F - "Checking for latest updates for your computer"
Possible reasons for the error code:-
1. Internet Explorer temporary files corrupted.
2. Background Intelligent and Event Log service not started
3. SoftwareDistribution folder has become corrupted
4. You may need to re-registered some dlls files
5. You may need to add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone:
6. Spyware.
7. Third party programs running in background.
8. ActiveX controls corrupted

Suggestion 1:-
Clearing Temporary Internet files, cookies and history in Internet Explorer
Tools>Internet Options>General
You'll see Delete Cookies, Delete files, Delete History
NB: "Delete all offline content", will delete all files needed to browse the websites
offline.
Reboot and try Windows Update again.

Suggestion 2:-
1: Check that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service to is set to Automatic and
verify the Status is Started.
Click Start, Choose Run, and in the Run box, type services.msc, Click OK
Locate the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service, and right-click to select it.
Select Properties, and in the Startup Type list, select Automatic. Verify the service
Status is Started. Click OK.

2. Check that the Set Event Log service is set to Automatic and verify that the Status is
Started
Click Start, Choose Run, and in the Run box, type services.msc, Click OK.
Locate the Event Log service, and right-click to select it.
Select Properties., and in the Startup type list, select Automatic. Verify the Service
status is Started. Click OK.

3. Register qmgr.dll and qmgrprxy.dll
Click Start, Choose Run and in the Run box, type regsvr32 qmgr.dll, Click OK.
Click Start, Choose Run and in the Run box, type regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll, Click OK.

Suggestion 3:-
It is possible that the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder have become corrupted,
so try Renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder
Click Start, Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Stop.
Stopping the service will take a moment.

Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder:
a. Click Start, click Run, type: %systemroot%
Click OK.
b. Right-click the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then click Rename.
c. Type SoftwareDistribution.old, and then press ENTER to rename this folder.

Click Start. Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Start.
Starting the service will take a moment.

Please note that your update history is contained in the "datastore" folder and when you
rename the Software Distribution folder, the history is lost but it's not important. You
can if need be, copy the contents back from the renamed softwareDistribution.old folder.
Losing the history of Windows Updates is not important.

Suggestion 4:-
Certain files may have become unregistered, and you will need to register them again:-
Click Start, Choose Run and in the Run box, type regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll, Click OK.

Do the same for the other files:-
wucltui.dll
wuaueng.dll
wuapi.dll
jscript.dll
MSXML.DLL
MSXML2.DLL
MSXML3.DLL

Suggestion 5:-

Add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone:
Please note that Security settings in Internet Explorer must be set to Medium or lower for
ActiveX files to correctly pass to your computer.
Only the Web sites listed in Internet Explorer's Trusted Sites Zone will be affected by
the lowering of Security settings. Your current security settings for all other Web sites
will remain as they are currently configured.

Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options, Click Security.
Click Trusted Sites Zone. Click Sites.
Clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
Use the Add button next to the Add this Web site to the zone box to add the following
sites:
http://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com

Suggestion 6:-
The below links assist you in checking your system for parasites:-
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
Please note that some malware may kill the internet connection when it is removed, the
program on the link below will enable you to regain the internet connection.
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Spyware Programs links:-
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx (Windows Defender)
www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
www.security.kolla.de Spybot

Suggestion 7:-
Make sure you haven't got anything blocking Windows Update like Nortons, Zonealarm etc
Also make sure you don't have a Web Accelerator working in the background such as
NetZerio, HiSpeed, Speedband etc.

Suggestion 8:
If you need to reinstall the ActiveX controls (because they may have become corrupt):-

Follow this article -
The Windows Update Web site and the Microsoft Update Web site do not scan for updates when
you repair a failed installation of Windows XP Service Pack 2 or of Windows XP Service
Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916259

--

====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2007 - Australia

"Francis Ng" <Francis N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Unable Windows update

cmillens

未读,
2009年4月2日 17:37:432009/4/2
收件人

'TaurArian [MS-MVP Wrote:
> ;2610821']If you have a Wireless Router:-

Ok - now, tell me something. Would you say that MSUpdate is critical
to the functionalty and safety of the operating system and the users
data? I would.
How is it then that on nearly every single Windows machine I have EVER
setup over the years I consistently see NOTHING but problems with
Windows Update. And like Error number 0x8007004E is anything even
REMOTELY resembling user friendly ... Personally, I've simply HAD it
with MS crap-date. time for a REAL operating system: MVS-XA

--
cmillens
cmillens's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87113.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Shenan Stanley

未读,
2009年4月2日 18:46:272009/4/2
收件人
cmillens wrote:
> Ok - now, tell me something. Would you say that MSUpdate is
> critical to the functionalty and safety of the operating system and
> the users data? I would.
> How is it then that on nearly every single Windows machine I have
> EVER setup over the years I consistently see NOTHING but problems
> with Windows Update. And like Error number 0x8007004E is anything
> even REMOTELY resembling user friendly ... Personally, I've simply
> HAD it with MS crap-date. time for a REAL operating system: MVS-XA

To answer your direct questions (quoted so there will be no mistake what I
am answering) in an honest fashion:

"Would you say that MSUpdate is critical to the functionalty and safety of
the operating system and the users data?"

... Sure. As much as self-education and keeping up with the current needs
for security and such in the modern computing world (or having the common
sense to know you need to do that and having someone else do it for you.)

"How is it then that on nearly every single Windows machine I have EVER
setup over the years I consistently see NOTHING but problems with Windows

Update[?]"

... Since I (and many of my friends, family, colleagues, and some passing
acquaintances) have not had this problem - I would venture to say the
problem is either in the hands of the person who set it up and/or the person
who is maintaining it. ("... I have EVER setup over the years I
consistently see ...")

If the machine is Windows XP - clean it up and make sure the updates and
installer portions of it are actually up to date. It is usually the
*cleanup* that does the fixing (which would not be needed if proper
maintenance/prevention had been observed originally) - because something
*caused* the problem and it is usually improper procedures, maintenance or
preventive maintenance.

I say this not to 'down the user' - and before you start to say how much I
love Microsoft - my opinion would not change if they disappeared tomorrow
and something else took their place and inevitably the same problems started
to crop up. *Poof* gone, okay - don't care, didn't before. I say this
because it is usually (with few and far-between exceptions) a fact.

Want to know what to do to cleanup your Windows Updates (in Windows XP
32-bit) and your machine of most spyware/adware and make sure you have the
latest installer?

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Reboot.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net stop wuauserv
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\wups2.dll
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net start wuauserv
--> Click OK.

... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

Reboot.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer and
visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a CUSTOM scan...
(Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.)

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time.

against the "Windows Search" one. I would completely avoid the Optional
Hardware updates.

Come back - let us know if that worked.
... Really - come back and let everyone know if that worked.

If it seemed to have failed, do this:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type: %windir%\windowsupdate.log
and then click OK.

Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate any error
code(s) or explanation as to why the page cannot be displayed.

You can copy/paste the last 50 or so lines here...

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

cmillens

未读,
2009年4月2日 19:31:582009/4/2
收件人

I shouldn't *HAVE* to clean 'em up for the sate of peak - these are
fresh installs with new hardware and with nothing but MS applications
installed (and yes - I know I failed to mention that in my previous
post): Office 2007 Professional, VS.NET 2005 Professional, VS.NET 2008
Professional and Sql Management Studio is all that's on THIS particular
machine. And I shouldn't have had to futz with DCOM and MSDTC to get the
SQL Management Studio working either. I'm just sick of it - that's all
... and now I'm fighting with IIS and getting ASP.NET working - all I
get is a HTTP Error 500 and nothing is in the event log. Come ON MS -
get it together!!

FWIT: I shouldn't have to get a call a 10:00pm cause Dad can't read his
MSN Email again or that he's lost all his contacts again (17 times MSN
has lost all his contacts in the past month!) - again - I'm just plain
SICK of it :)

Harry Johnston [MVP]

未读,
2009年4月2日 22:26:512009/4/2
收件人
cmillens wrote:

> I shouldn't *HAVE* to clean 'em up for the sate of peak - these are
> fresh installs with new hardware and with nothing but MS applications

> installed [...]

If you're running Windows XP, there is a specific issue with Windows Update on
newly installed machines which might be apropro (scenario 2):

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

I'd heard this had been fixed recently, but I haven't actually had a chance to
try it yet so I can't be certain.

Alternately, have you checked that there isn't a problem with your install media
or perhaps the network?

Harry.

Shenan Stanley

未读,
2009年4月2日 22:31:502009/4/2
收件人
cmillens wrote:
> Ok - now, tell me something. Would you say that MSUpdate is
> critical to the functionalty and safety of the operating system and
> the users data? I would.
> How is it then that on nearly every single Windows machine I have
> EVER setup over the years I consistently see NOTHING but problems
> with Windows Update. And like Error number 0x8007004E is anything
> even REMOTELY resembling user friendly ... Personally, I've simply
> HAD it with MS crap-date. time for a REAL operating system: MVS-XA

<snipped for brevity>
<if interested - go to the link below>
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/275535e2263a2241/d07e4875f344ab84
</if interested - go to the link above>

cmillens wrote:
> I shouldn't *HAVE* to clean 'em up for the sate of peak - these are
> fresh installs with new hardware and with nothing but MS
> applications installed (and yes - I know I failed to mention that
> in my previous post): Office 2007 Professional, VS.NET 2005
> Professional, VS.NET 2008 Professional and Sql Management Studio is
> all that's on THIS particular machine. And I shouldn't have had to
> futz with DCOM and MSDTC to get the SQL Management Studio working

> either. I'm just sick of it - that's all .. and now I'm fighting

> with IIS and getting ASP.NET working - all I get is a HTTP Error
> 500 and nothing is in the event log. Come ON MS - get it together!!
>
> FWIT: I shouldn't have to get a call a 10:00pm cause Dad can't read
> his MSN Email again or that he's lost all his contacts again (17
> times MSN has lost all his contacts in the past month!) - again -
> I'm just plain SICK of it :)

Fair enough.

Doesn't change the answer or the reasoning. ;-)

arnaldoco...@gmail.com

未读,
2009年4月20日 18:22:372009/4/20
收件人
> MalwareByteshttp://www.malwarebytes.com/

> After performing a full scan with one and then the other and removing
> whatever they both find completely, you may uninstall these products,
> if you wish.
>
> Reboot.
>
> Start button --> RUN and type in:
>     %SystemRoot%\system32\net stop wuauserv
> --> Click OK.
>
> Start button --> RUN and type in:
>    %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\wups2.dll
> --> Click OK.
>
> Start button --> RUN and type in:
>     %SystemRoot%\system32\net start wuauserv
> --> Click OK.
>
> Download the latest version of the Windows Update agent from here (x86):http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91237
> ... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive.  After saving it to the root
> of the C:\ drive, do the following:
>
> Close all Internet Explorer windows and other applications.
>
> Start button --> RUN and type in:
>    %SystemDrive%\windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe /WUFORCE
> --> Click OK.
>
> (If asked, select "Run.) --> Click on NEXT --> Select "I agree" and click on
> NEXT --> When it finishes installing, click on "Finish"...
>
> Reboot.
>
> Download/Install the latest Windows Installer (for your OS):
> ( Windows XP 32-bit : WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe )http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B...

> Reboot.
>
> Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer and
> visithttp://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/and select to do a CUSTOM scan...

Hi, I thought that this thing was gonna take for ever!!!! LOL Thanks a
lot for this information it was very helpful! Now it's running nice
haha Thanks!

0 个新帖子