RE: [Error number: 0x80248011]

Harish.G [MSFT]

Dec 21, 2004, 8:40:00 PM12/21/04

To fix this error 0x80248011. try the following in the command prompt. The
steps to follow are given below.

Click on Start -> run -> type command "cmd" and command prompt will appear.
After you are in command prompt try the following commands.

1) net stop wuauserv
2) cd /d %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
3) rd /s DataStore
4) net start wuauserv

Try to run windows update after these steps and let me know if this helps.

Thank You,

Harish.G

Hunter

Dec 21, 2004, 9:49:01 PM12/21/04
I had the same problem. The fix you suggested didn't help. Any other ideas?

Taurarian

Dec 21, 2004, 11:35:01 PM12/21/04
Clear Internet Explorer cache.
Delete Cookies.
Delete all offline content
Clear History.

Hunter

Dec 24, 2004, 1:45:03 PM12/24/04
Still no help. I reinstalled windows xp and internet explorer, and nothing.
Anything else?
-Hunter

Taurarian

Dec 24, 2004, 4:54:58 PM12/24/04
http://www.talkaboutsoftware.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/messages/130458.html
Try the above

"Hunter" <Hun...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

@discussions.microsoft.com sean

Dec 21, 2004, 8:17:05 PM12/21/04
every time i try to install sp2 i get an error message sayin "sorry windows
update has encountered an error and can not display the requested page. You
may find the following resoFor self-help options:

Windows Update Response Center

Windows Update Troubleshooter

Windows Update Newsgroups

kevshoe

Jun 7, 2009, 3:49:01 PM6/7/09
PERFECT!! Worked like a charm. Thanks

rmhovey

Dec 17, 2009, 12:24:11 PM12/17/09
IThe link to the 134058.html no longer works. Can you send me a copy of the
file, please? Thanks
--
rmhovey

Shenan Stanley

Dec 17, 2009, 2:49:47 PM12/17/09
<snipped>

rmhovey wrote:
> IThe link to the 134058.html no longer works. Can you send me a
> copy of the file, please? Thanks

What are you talking about?

There was no link in the solution you quoted...
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/26c3bcfbe8e1e664/

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP