Installing an IDE Hard Drive in a Acer Aspire M5620

Moose067

Feb 1, 2009, 5:08:34 PM2/1/09

I just purchased an Acer AM5620-E5512A
It is Quad Core Intel

I am trying to install an extra hard drive an IDE 320GB Western Digital
HD.

I am running Vista 64-bit the computer is recognizing the drive as a
floppy drive how can i fix this?

--
Moose067

Rick Rogers

Feb 1, 2009, 6:15:46 PM2/1/09

How is it seen in the system BIOS? Are you certain you did not connect it to
a FDD controller cable input?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Moose067" <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

pokeyman

Feb 1, 2009, 11:08:18 PM2/1/09

thats what i was going to say

"Rick Rogers" <ri...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Addison Steele

Feb 1, 2009, 11:26:54 PM2/1/09
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 23:08:18 -0500, "pokeyman"
<james7273(remove)@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>thats what i was going to say

Next time be quicker.

Moose067

Feb 2, 2009, 1:36:36 AM2/2/09

Help please

--
Moose067

Thomas Wendell

Feb 2, 2009, 7:01:26 AM2/2/09
How??

--
Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland

"Rick Rogers" <ri...@mvps.org> kirjoitti
viestissä:utEUFMMh...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

David B.

Feb 2, 2009, 4:06:08 PM2/2/09
Answer the questions that were asked, no one can help if you just keep
asking for help and don't reply to the questions.

> Help please
>

> --
> Moose067

DDW

Feb 2, 2009, 5:23:29 PM2/2/09
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:06:08 -0500, "David B." <ma...@nomail.net> wrote:

>Answer the questions that were asked, no one can help if you just keep
>asking for help and don't reply to the questions.

Is using one of those vBulletin Usenet gateways and is obviously not
getting the replies.

DDW
No email please

Moose067

Feb 2, 2009, 5:57:42 PM2/2/09

Your right what are the questions?

--
Moose067

Danny Krychek

Feb 2, 2009, 6:38:48 PM2/2/09

mustafa...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2009, 8:02:18 PM2/2/09
On Feb 1, 6:15 pm, "Rick Rogers" <r...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Hi,

How is it seen in the system BIOS?

It is seen as 320gb floppy. under the CMOS set up

Are you certain you did not connect it to a FDD controller cable
input?

There is only one IDE input on the motherboard.

> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help -www.rickrogers.org

> My thoughtshttp://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Rick Rogers

Feb 2, 2009, 9:36:41 PM2/2/09
And in disk manager? Has a volume been created?

--
Best of Luck,

<mustafa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Moose067

Feb 3, 2009, 11:04:09 AM2/3/09

I took the easy way out and just purchased an IDE to SATA Adapter.

Thanks for the help.

--
Moose067