Shows message header but not message body

John

Aug 28, 2007, 3:56:02 AM8/28/07
I downloaded the latest version of WLM from a link I found here in the
discussions section after my last version of WLM stopped downloading mail all
together. Now the new version will download my InBox from Windows Live
Hotmail (yes, I logged in after downloading WLM) but will only show the
headers and not the actual body of the mail itself. Anti-virus is not an
issue (mail screening option is not activated) and firewall is XP standard.
Any ideas?

Colin Brown WLMVP

Aug 28, 2007, 1:09:58 PM8/28/07
When you installed the new version, did you un-install the older version
first or just install over the top?
I'd suggest un-installing WLM, reset your box, then install the latest
version which can be found here :-

http://get.live.com/betas/maildesktop_betas

Colin Brown
WL MVP

"John" <Jo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

John

Aug 28, 2007, 3:16:01 PM8/28/07

Hey Colin, thank you for the help. No, already deleted WLM before I
downloaded it again. I will try what you recommend and see if it does
anything. When you say "reset your box" do you mean restart the computer?

John

Aug 29, 2007, 6:00:01 AM8/29/07

Deleted WLM, rebooted my computer, downloaded WLM and installed. Still just
the headers. Removed my Windows Live Hotmail account, then added it again.
Downloaded the messages but still only showing headers, no mesage body. Any
further ideas? Appreciate it immensely!

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 29, 2007, 1:17:04 PM8/29/07
That can happen when you've installed conflicting language versions.
I suggest you uninstall WLM again, then use the WL-beta-removal tool:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/3/0/23036331-516d-4c7e-b9ac-31554a2fec06/WL-Beta-remove.zip

Then reinstall.

Gary VanderMolen

John

Aug 29, 2007, 1:50:00 PM8/29/07

Thanks Gary. Correct, I have XP in English but also have another language
installed (Hebrew.) Used add/remove to take off WLM, then ran the beta
removal tool, rebooted then downloaded WLM again. Same issue. Downloaded the
headers but not the bodies of the emails. Did I miss a step?

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 29, 2007, 2:40:00 PM8/29/07
You did all the correct steps, but perhaps some sort of language
conflict is continuing to occur.

Gary VanderMolen

John

Aug 29, 2007, 2:54:01 PM8/29/07

So what do you recommend? Just keep posting in the forum until someone
figures out the solution? Download the old version, if that is possible, and
see if that fixes it? I really like WLM and have used it since it first came
out, would hate to have to transition to something else.
Thank you for your ideas and assistance.

Julian

Aug 29, 2007, 3:31:21 PM8/29/07
"John" ...

> So what do you recommend? Just keep posting in the forum until someone
> figures out the solution? Download the old version, if that is possible,
> and
> see if that fixes it? I really like WLM and have used it since it first
> came
> out, would hate to have to transition to something else.
> Thank you for your ideas and assistance.

Have you tried raising the issue with Microsoft?

John

Aug 29, 2007, 3:38:04 PM8/29/07

Honestly, no. Not even sure where I would turn to to do that. Been looking
in the forum postings to see if anyone else has had this problem and have yet
to come across it.

PC Man

Aug 29, 2007, 4:14:02 PM8/29/07
Well, I had the same problem and as Gary said it's a language conflict I
managed to solve it thanks to Ildhund.
Just change the language from the regional language setting (Standards and
Formats) to the same language as the version or EN-US, that worked like charm
for me, Good Luck :)

John

Aug 29, 2007, 4:32:03 PM8/29/07

Under "help" I used the search option to see if there was a regional
language setting and couldn't find one. Please Mr PC Man, give me a clue! You
just may hold the secret to fixing this thing!

PC Man

Aug 29, 2007, 5:24:04 PM8/29/07
I'm talking about (Regional and Language Options) present in Control Panel,
In (Regional Options) bar set language to English (United States).
That worked for me Under Winxp Pro Sp2 with WLM Latest EN-US Version.

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 29, 2007, 5:19:14 PM8/29/07
Control Panel (Classic View), Regional and Language Options.

Gary VanderMolen

John

Aug 29, 2007, 11:04:01 PM8/29/07

THANK YOU!!!! It worked! As soon as I made the switch, I could start
reading the emails. Thank you!

Essexbiker

Jan 20, 2010, 7:45:01 AM1/20/10
Raising the issue with Microsoft? That's a joke! I have gone round and round
in circles for the best part of an hour trying to find answers to my WLM
problem or trying to find a contact Microsoft link for WLM in the UK to no
avail!

Microsoft does not make it easy to contact them about Windows problems - in
fact they make it as difficult as possible, obviously to put people off
writing to them for every little problem instead of trying to find the
answers themselves. But if the answers are not avaliable on the support sites
and you have spent a considerable length of time trying to find them yourself
by Googling your problem, you should be able to contact Microsoft. But
finding the correct contact link always seems to involve gong round and round
in circles yet again before you eventually find one!
--
HP Pavillion system model FR612AA-ABU a6632uk. AMD Phenom(tm) 8550
Triple-Core Processor. 3gb RAM. NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS graphics card. Vista

Grenou

Jan 20, 2010, 12:08:42 PM1/20/10
Try Help>Feedback.
I love using that one, there is plenty to complain about :-)

Grenou

"Essexbiker" <Essex...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

bj

Jan 20, 2010, 12:42:06 PM1/20/10
"Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message

> Try Help>Feedback.
> I love using that one, there is plenty to complain about :-)

Does it actually go anywhere or is it just a black hole to make us *think*
they are listening?
I have used it but there's a limit to how much wheel-spinning I want to do.
Unless I'm in *just* the right mood!
bj

Ildhund

Jan 20, 2010, 4:32:35 PM1/20/10

[FYI] If anyone's wondering, Essexbiker is answering a message:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop/msg/3eeb7946d293ffcc
posted on 29 August 2007. He may hold the record for resurrecting old
threads.

My appeals to Support have /always/ been answered within 48 hours and
usually faster. The answer has not always been useful, but sometimes I've
been told that 'this feature has not yet been implemented' or similar. If a
support request involves a bug, it will be logged and used by the
developers to prioritize bug fixes, so the more people who send in requests
or submit feedback about something that doesn't work as they think it
should, the greater the likelihood that something will be done about it.
And for some bugs (like disappearing contacts, for example) there's no way
they will be able to help *without* feedback and support requests, because
the fault only affects some systems using a particular variety of hardware.

To contact Support:
Press F1
Select a topic from the left pane
At the bottom of the next page, click Get more help
On the next page, click Get support
Fill in and submit the form

It takes not more than 10 seconds from hitting F1 to having the form before
you ready to fill in. If you are signed in before you start, some of the
form fields will already be filled in for you.
--
Noel

"Essexbiker" <Essex...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Raising the issue with Microsoft? That's a joke! I have gone round and
> round in circles for the best part of an hour trying to find answers to
> my WLM problem or trying to find a contact Microsoft link for WLM in the
> UK to no avail!
>
> Microsoft does not make it easy to contact them about Windows problems -
> in fact they make it as difficult as possible, obviously to put people
> off writing to them for every little problem instead of trying to find
> the answers themselves. But if the answers are not avaliable on the
> support sites and you have spent a considerable length of time trying to
> find them yourself by Googling your problem, you should be able to
> contact Microsoft. But finding the correct contact link always seems to
> involve gong round and round in circles yet again before you eventually
> find one!

Grenou

Jan 20, 2010, 6:12:06 PM1/20/10

"bj" <bjon...@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message

It most probably goes into a large hole, but it makes ME feel better telling
which bits need fixing.
Maybe some clever person has written a program that sorts the complaints by
which words used.
Hah, you bet any criticism gets filtered out .. :-)

Grenou