an error occurred in the script on this page in outlook express

S1L1Y1

Apr 12, 2010, 3:00:50 PM4/12/10
I get the following message when I open some emails in Outlook Express "an
error occurred in the script on this page". I did a Google search but the
only solution I found were for Internet Explorer or To print an email but
not when scrolling my messages in outlook express/
sol

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 12, 2010, 7:39:46 PM4/12/10
[X-post to OE General]

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general/msg/9fed97a1736b9b55?dmode=source

Why did you set Followup To for WinXP General when you originally posted in
OE General?

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> OE Tools | Options | Security | Restricted Sites zone (check/enable this
> option)

Bruce Hagen

Apr 12, 2010, 8:15:51 PM4/12/10

"S1L1Y1" <s1l...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

S1L1Y1

Apr 13, 2010, 10:16:52 AM4/13/10
I wasn't sure on which group to, post.
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

S1L1Y1

Apr 13, 2010, 10:20:49 AM4/13/10
Now what is the solution for this problem?

Bruce Hagen

Apr 13, 2010, 10:26:27 AM4/13/10
In OE go to: Tools | Options | Security and set OE to the Restricted Zone.
That should remove active scripting and do away with the error messages.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"S1L1Y1" <s1l...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 13, 2010, 1:10:22 PM4/13/10
Repost:

S1L1Y1 wrote:
> Now what is the solution for this problem?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 13, 2010, 1:09:44 PM4/13/10
You posted your question in microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general but you
purposely set Followup To for microsoft.public.windowsxp.general. If you
wanted your post & replies to it to appear in both newsgroups, you should
have crossposted it to both newsgroups and not tinkered with Followup To
settings.

S1L1Y1

Apr 13, 2010, 4:16:07 PM4/13/10
How do I cross post?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ken Blake, MVP

Apr 13, 2010, 4:42:11 PM4/13/10
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:16:07 -0400, "S1L1Y1" <s1l...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How do I cross post?

Put the names of all the newsgroups you want to post to in the
Newsgroup header, separated by commas or semi-colons.

That single message will then go to all those newsgroups.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 13, 2010, 4:56:31 PM4/13/10
You just did!