Re: unofficial debian unstable package

瀏覽次數:10 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Richard/g

未讀,
2006年2月9日 晚上8:32:322006/2/9
收件者:krusader-users
On Thursday 09 February 2006 18:47, Václav Jůza wrote:
> I tried to make a Debian sid package of the current cvs.
> (In attachment).
>
> I added dependency of the libqt3 version, where the QListView bug
> is already fixed, added some popular useractions.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Václav Jůza

Thanks!

It works very well, on Kanotix/Sid, KDE_3.5.1, QT-3.3.5-3.

I'll try to build it again tomorrow.

saludos,
Richard.

Frank Schoolmeesters

未讀,
2006年2月10日 凌晨12:12:222006/2/10
收件者:krusade...@googlegroups.com、Václav Jůza

Hi Václav

Thanks for your work!

I was preparing an e-mail what *needs to be done*
for building the official Debain sid package,
it also contains some info howto modify the debian directory of
the krusader package.
It will be sended to Debian BTS once 1.70.0 stable is out.
Any feedback is welcome.

Currently there are a lot of bugreports in BTS for Krusader on Debian,
this also means that Krusader is becoming more and more popular on Debian :-)
Some of these bug reports i have not tested yet.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=krusader
Any feedback is welcome (Václav, Richard, Anyone, ...) .
Thanks!

kind regards,

Frank

#############################
sub...@bugs.debian.org

Package: krusader
Version: 1.60.0-3.1
Severity: important

Hi list,

A new upstream version of krusader is available.
****TODO KRUSADER URL****
Since this closes bug #336169 i have used Severity important.

It would be great if Krusader-1.70.0 was added as a Package Backports for Sarge.
Thanks in advance!
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2005/52/
-------------------------------
Package Backports for Sarge. Norbert Tretkowski [2]announced, that
[3]backports.org eventually supports the current stable Debian
[4]release code-named sarge. Debian developers can upload their
backported packages into the archive. Norbert also provided some
[5]notes on using backports.org for end users and [6]developers.

2. http://www.inittab.de/blog/2005/12/16#20051216_sarge
3. http://www.backports.org/
4. http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/
5. http://www.backports.org/instructions.html
6. http://lists.backports.org/lurker/message/20051207.140929.3a97ba5c.en.html
---------------------------

I have made an overview of all open bugs, and howto close most of them.

Add to Build-Depends
*********************
I suggest to add the next 2 packages in the
"Build-Depends" section of the control file:
- libkjsembed-dev (closes #331130)
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libdevel/libkjsembed-dev
- libkonq4-dev (closes #331130)
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libdevel/libkonq4-dev

Add to Suggests
***************
I suggest to add the next packages in the
"Suggests" section of the control file:
- unrar-free (IMHO it closes #340706)
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/unrar-free
AFAIK there is no violation of DFSG #4, please check
- ark (closes #288661)
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/ark
- khexedit (closes #288661)
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/khexedit

Because Krusader provides now checksum support please add to "Suggests":
- cfv
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/cfv
- md5deep AFAIK currently not yet in unstable,
but will be soon i guess.

I suggest to close the next bugs
********************************
#341895: krusader: crashes sometimes when deleting files
-> is caused by #338002 libqt3-mt Version: 3:3.3.5-1
should be fixed with 3:3.3.5-2
Is the same thing like: #331241: krusader: crash on delete file

#328466: krusader: Key shortcut for making a link required
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

#336169: krusader: Security hole in Popular URL-s
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.60.1 and in krusader-1.70.0

#343960: krusader(GNU/k*BSD): FTBFS: out of date libtool scripts
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

#345097: krusader: Bad handling of directories in the search dialog box
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

#345098: krusader: search doesn't recognize the ~ directory
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

Fixed in NMU bugs (pending)
***************************
#347126: krusader: FTBFS: build-depends on removed xlibs-dev
Fixed by uploading 1.60.0-3.1 in Debian Sid.

Open bugs (part 1)
******************
I'm not shure what needs to be done yet, Sorry, Please Fix!

#342717: krusader: seems to hold directory handles opened
Might be a fam problem?

#349784: krusader: Krusader Krashes upon selecting user home directory
and from then on.

**** TODO **** TODO, not yet tested on Sarge
#349874: krusader: crash when launching command from command line

*****TODO***** TODO, not yet tested on Sarge
#349870: krusader: viewer window too big

******TODO ***** , not yet tested on Sarge
#351527: SIGSEGV crash with duplicate file/dir name

Open bugs (part 2)
******************
Not fixed yet in upstream, but reported in the upstream bugtracker

#349872: krusader: strange white stripe in panel
#349873: krusader: when searching large directories, it doesn't
process UI events

xpm icon's for the Debian menu
******************************
xpm icon's for the menu are now provided in the sources.

pics/cr16-app-krusader_user.xpm
pics/cr32-app-krusader_user.xpm
pics/cr16-app-krusader_root.xpm
pics/cr32-app-krusader_root.xpm

I have made 2 menu entries, one for a normal user
and one for "root mode"
btw. i'm not a Debian menu expert, so please check the next
what i write ;)

Please add this line in the menu file
icon="/usr/share/pixmaps/foo.xpm"

menu
-------------------------------
?package(krusader):\
needs="X11"\
section="Apps/Tools"\
hints="KDE"\
title="Krusader (File Manager)"\
icon32x32="/usr/share/pixmaps/krusader_user.xpm"\
icon16x16="/usr/share/pixmaps/krusader_user-16.xpm"\
command="/usr/bin/krusader"

?package(krusader):\
needs="X11"\
section="Apps/Tools"\
hints="KDE"\
title="Krusader - root-mode (File Manager)"\
icon32x32="/usr/share/pixmaps/krusader_root.xpm"\
icon16x16="/usr/share/pixmaps/krusader_root-16.xpm"\
command="kdesu -c /usr/bin/krusader"
-------------------------------

rules
-------------------------------
# icons for Debian menu system
cp pics/cr16-app-krusader_user.xpm
debian/krusader/usr/share/pixmaps/krusader_user-16.xpm
cp pics/cr16-app-krusader_root.xpm
debian/krusader/usr/share/pixmaps/krusader_root-16.xpm
cp pics/cr32-app-krusader_user.xpm
debian/krusader/usr/share/pixmaps/krusader_user.xpm
cp pics/cr32-app-krusader_root.xpm
debian/krusader/usr/share/pixmaps/krusader_root.xpm
-------------------------------

kind regards,

Frank Schoolmeesters
Krusader Krew
http://www.krusader.org

Václav Jůza

未讀,
2006年2月10日 下午1:42:532006/2/10
收件者:Frank Schoolmeesters、krusade...@googlegroups.com
Dne pátek 10 únor 2006 06:12 Frank Schoolmeesters napsal(a):

> Hi Václav
>
> Thanks for your work!
Btw. I posted it to krusader-users so as to be downloadable, but it returned
because of 1MB limit.
If you think it is useful, you can please upload it (or tomorrows Richard's
version, or some your version, ...), so that people can test it.

> I was preparing an e-mail what *needs to be done*
> for building the official Debain sid package,
> it also contains some info howto modify the debian directory of
> the krusader package.
> It will be sended to Debian BTS once 1.70.0 stable is out.
> Any feedback is welcome.

Good work.
Here is my feedback:

> Add to Build-Depends
> *********************

> Add to Suggests
> ***************
> I suggest to add the next packages in the
> "Suggests" section of the control file:
> - unrar-free (IMHO it closes #340706)
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/unrar-free

The problem was with rar, not with unrar.
I thing, that my solution: replacing "rar" and "unrar"
with "unrar | unrar-free | rar" should be right (unrar is first, because
unrar-free can't handle some rar archives).

> Because Krusader provides now checksum support please add to "Suggests":
> - cfv
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/cfv
> - md5deep AFAIK currently not yet in unstable,
> but will be soon i guess.

It is also good to change "kdiff3" to "kdiff3 | kompare"

And to add libqt3-mt(>=3:3.3.5-3) to Depends, so that people
installing the new version will not experience the QListView bug.

> Open bugs (part 1)
> ******************
> I'm not shure what needs to be done yet, Sorry, Please Fix!
>
> #342717: krusader: seems to hold directory handles opened
> Might be a fam problem?

This was already fixed with the patch I suggested on the forum and
Csaba committed to cvs some days ago.

> kind regards,
>
> Frank Schoolmeesters
> Krusader Krew
> http://www.krusader.org

Václav

Frank Schoolmeesters

未讀,
2006年2月10日 下午2:04:242006/2/10
收件者:Václav Jůza、krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi Václav,

On 2/10/06, Václav Jùza <vacla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dne pátek 10 únor 2006 06:12 Frank Schoolmeesters napsal(a):
> > Hi Václav
> >
> > Thanks for your work!
> Btw. I posted it to krusader-users so as to be downloadable, but it returned
> because of 1MB limit.
> If you think it is useful, you can please upload it (or tomorrows Richard's
> version, or some your version, ...), so that people can test it.

I noticed this also, so i was uploading it when you wrote this mail ;)
http://users.telenet.be/franks.website/downloads/krusader-1.70.0-beta2-sid/

I will announce a "Krusader-Debian Bug hunting season" :-)
in http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1458

> > I was preparing an e-mail what *needs to be done*
> > for building the official Debain sid package,
> > it also contains some info howto modify the debian directory of
> > the krusader package.
> > It will be sended to Debian BTS once 1.70.0 stable is out.
> > Any feedback is welcome.
>
> Good work.

Thanks.

> Here is my feedback:

> > Add to Build-Depends
> > *********************
> > Add to Suggests
> > ***************
> > I suggest to add the next packages in the
> > "Suggests" section of the control file:
> > - unrar-free (IMHO it closes #340706)
> > http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/unrar-free
> The problem was with rar, not with unrar.
> I thing, that my solution: replacing "rar" and "unrar"
> with "unrar | unrar-free | rar" should be right (unrar is first, because
> unrar-free can't handle some rar archives).

I don't know exacltly what "|" does ...
But as i far as i understand your text, it's the order of preference,
is this a correct interpretation?

> > Because Krusader provides now checksum support please add to "Suggests":
> > - cfv
> > http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/cfv
> > - md5deep AFAIK currently not yet in unstable,
> > but will be soon i guess.
> It is also good to change "kdiff3" to "kdiff3 | kompare"

I guess the next is even *better*, xdiff is also listed in "Suggests"
kdiff3 | xxdiff | kompare

> And to add libqt3-mt(>=3:3.3.5-3) to Depends, so that people
> installing the new version will not experience the QListView bug.

Good point!
By by nasty QT bug :-)

> > Open bugs (part 1)
> > ******************
> > I'm not shure what needs to be done yet, Sorry, Please Fix!
> >
> > #342717: krusader: seems to hold directory handles opened
> > Might be a fam problem?
> This was already fixed with the patch I suggested on the forum and
> Csaba committed to cvs some days ago.

Thanks!
I was not aware yet that both bugs where related
I will update it in Debian BTS soon.

> > kind regards,
> >
> > Frank Schoolmeesters
> > Krusader Krew
> > http://www.krusader.org
>
> Václav

Thanks for the feedback,

Frank

Václav Jůza

未讀,
2006年2月10日 下午2:24:342006/2/10
Dne pátek 10 únor 2006 20:04 Frank Schoolmeesters napsal(a):

> > Btw. I posted it to krusader-users so as to be downloadable, but it
> > returned because of 1MB limit.
> > If you think it is useful, you can please upload it (or tomorrows
> > Richard's version, or some your version, ...), so that people can test
> > it.
>
> I noticed this also, so i was uploading it when you wrote this mail ;)
> http://users.telenet.be/franks.website/downloads/krusader-1.70.0-beta2-sid/
Thanks

> > The problem was with rar, not with unrar.
> > I thing, that my solution: replacing "rar" and "unrar"
> > with "unrar | unrar-free | rar" should be right (unrar is first, because
> > unrar-free can't handle some rar archives).
>
> I don't know exacltly what "|" does ...
> But as i far as i understand your text, it's the order of preference,
> is this a correct interpretation?

For example "kdiff3 | kompare" means kdiff3 OR kompare. If apt-get or aptitude
automatically installs dependencies (or suggests), it installs the first from
the list (I think), if none is installed yet..

> > > Because Krusader provides now checksum support please add to
> > > "Suggests": - cfv
> > > http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/cfv
> > > - md5deep AFAIK currently not yet in unstable,
> > > but will be soon i guess.
> >
> > It is also good to change "kdiff3" to "kdiff3 | kompare"
>
> I guess the next is even *better*, xdiff is also listed in "Suggests"
> kdiff3 | xxdiff | kompare

Ok, only I would list xxdiff as last, because kompare is more beautiful ;-)

Kind Regards
Václav

Dirk Eschler

未讀,
2006年2月10日 下午3:02:022006/2/10
Am Freitag, 10. Februar 2006 20:24 schrieb Václav Jůza:
> Dne pátek 10 únor 2006 20:04 Frank Schoolmeesters napsal(a):
> > > Btw. I posted it to krusader-users so as to be downloadable, but it
> > > returned because of 1MB limit.
> > > If you think it is useful, you can please upload it (or tomorrows
> > > Richard's version, or some your version, ...), so that people can test
> > > it.
> >
> > I noticed this also, so i was uploading it when you wrote this mail ;)
> > http://users.telenet.be/franks.website/downloads/krusader-1.70.0-beta2-si
> >d/
[...]

Hi Vaclav,

thanks for the deb. I'd like to add it to the snapshot binaries (cvs section
on the website). However, i want to rename it first. Yes, i always do. :)

I recall talking about Debian versioning before (probably at the forums). The
end of the story was the following naming scheme for deb snapshots, which is
also compatible with Debians guidelines:
krusader_<latest_stable_version>.<cvs_timestamp>_<arch>.deb

So, i will rename your deb to krusader_1.60.1.20060209_i386.deb before it
upload it.

--
Best Regards
Dirk Eschler

Václav Juza

未讀,
2006年2月10日 下午3:14:092006/2/10
收件者:krusader-users

Dirk Eschler napsal:

> thanks for the deb. I'd like to add it to the snapshot binaries (cvs section
> on the website). However, i want to rename it first. Yes, i always do. :)
>
> I recall talking about Debian versioning before (probably at the forums). The
> end of the story was the following naming scheme for deb snapshots, which is
> also compatible with Debians guidelines:
> krusader_<latest_stable_version>.<cvs_timestamp>_<arch>.deb
>
> So, i will rename your deb to krusader_1.60.1.20060209_i386.deb before it
> upload it.
ok.

Best Regards

Václav

Frank Schoolmeesters

未讀,
2006年2月10日 下午4:10:332006/2/10
收件者:krusade...@googlegroups.com
I have updated the list and sended some mails to the Debian bugtracker.
At below the updated list when 1.70.0 will be released.

Please check "Open bugs (part 1)" if you can,
any feedback to resolve these issues are welcome.

thanks!

Frank

sub...@bugs.debian.org
Krusader: new upstream release 1.70.0

Hi list,

Add to Suggests
***************
I suggest to add/modify the next packages in the

"Suggests" section of the control file:

- "unrar | unrar-free | rar" (IMHO it closes #340706)
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/unrar-free

AFAIK there is no violation of DFSG #4, please check

discussed on the krusader-users mailing list
http://groups.google.com/group/krusader-users/browse_thread/thread/301f54fe3ec8d66f/b5a1ff0f01522b80#b5a1ff0f01522b80

- modify the next: "kdiff3 | kompare | xxdiff"

Because Krusader provides now checksum support please add to "Suggests":
- cfv
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/cfv
- md5deep AFAIK currently not yet in unstable,
but will be soon i guess.

I suggest to close the next bugs
********************************
#341895: krusader: crashes sometimes when deleting files
-> is caused by #338002 libqt3-mt Version: 3:3.3.5-1
should be fixed with 3:3.3.5-2
Is the same thing like: #331241: krusader: crash on delete file

Solution:
add to Depends: libqt3-mt(>=3:3.3.5-3)
More info: http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1407

#328466: krusader: Key shortcut for making a link required
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

#336169: krusader: Security hole in Popular URL-s
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.60.1 and in krusader-1.70.0

#343960: krusader(GNU/k*BSD): FTBFS: out of date libtool scripts
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

#345097: krusader: Bad handling of directories in the search dialog box
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

#345098: krusader: search doesn't recognize the ~ directory
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

#342717: krusader: seems to hold directory handles opened
Fixed upstream in krusader-1.70.0

Fixed in NMU bugs (pending)
***************************
#347126: krusader: FTBFS: build-depends on removed xlibs-dev
Fixed by uploading 1.60.0-3.1 in Debian Sid.

Open bugs (part 1)
******************

I'm not shure what needs to be done, Sorry, Please Fix!

#349784: krusader: Krusader Krashes upon selecting user home directory
and from then on.

Is this a libqt3-mt problem or a Krusader problem? or a combination of both?

#349874: krusader: crash when launching command from command line

This bug does not happen on Debian Sarge,
the backtrace talks about "libqt-mt.so.3", is this a QT bug?
Reported version where the bug happens: libqt3-mt 3:3.3.5-3 Qt GUI Library

#349870: krusader: viewer window too big

Waiting for a screenshot ...
An image says more that thousand words ;)
It sounds like a bug, that doesn't happen on Debian Sarge.

#351527: SIGSEGV crash with duplicate file/dir name

I can't reproduce it on Debian Sarge,
can somebody test it on Debian Sid?

Open bugs (part 2)
******************
Not fixed yet in upstream, but reported in the upstream bugtracker

#349872: krusader: strange white stripe in panel

[ 1419207 ] strange white stripe in panel
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1419207&group_id=6488&atid=106488

#349873: krusader: when searching large directories, it doesn't
process UI events

[ 1415250 ] Searching large directories, doesn't process UI events
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1415250&group_id=6488&atid=106488

pics/cr16-app-krusader_user.xpm
pics/cr32-app-krusader_user.xpm
pics/cr16-app-krusader_root.xpm
pics/cr32-app-krusader_root.xpm

Václav Juza

未讀,
2006年2月10日 下午4:35:272006/2/10
收件者:krusader-users

Dirk Eschler napsal:

I will send you a new package, where this version number is not only in
the file name, but
even in the changelog and in the dsc file. And signed as well.

Thanks.
Vaclav.

Dirk Eschler

未讀,
2006年2月10日 下午4:38:562006/2/10
Am Freitag, 10. Februar 2006 22:35 schrieb Václav Juza:
> Dirk Eschler napsal:

> > [...]
> >
> > Hi Vaclav,
> >
> > thanks for the deb. I'd like to add it to the snapshot binaries (cvs
> > section on the website). However, i want to rename it first. Yes, i
> > always do. :)
> >
> > I recall talking about Debian versioning before (probably at the forums).
> > The end of the story was the following naming scheme for deb snapshots,
> > which is also compatible with Debians guidelines:
> > krusader_<latest_stable_version>.<cvs_timestamp>_<arch>.deb
> >
> > So, i will rename your deb to krusader_1.60.1.20060209_i386.deb before it
> > upload it.
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards
> > Dirk Eschler
>
> I will send you a new package, where this version number is not only in
> the file name, but
> even in the changelog and in the dsc file. And signed as well.
>
> Thanks.
> Vaclav.

I've already uploaded your deb (few minutes ago). But no problem, i can
replace it.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄