KFASF2: Template for reaching out to organizations

RagingAmazon

Apr 8, 2012, 4:31:08 PM4/8/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

KinkForAllSanFrancisco2 is fast approaching and now's the time to start reaching out to organizations.  Below is a template email I put together to do just that.  Typo cookies apply here too (cacao nib shortbread), and please go ahead and personalize it for the organizations you send it to.  There's a google doc listing organizations we want to reach, so please make sure to mark off ones you've contacted and feel free to add to the list.

Best,
Alisa

------------------------

Hello,

I hope you're doing well!  I am writing to make sure you know about KinkForAll, a participant created un-conference dealing with the intersection of sexuality and the rest of life.  KinkForAll is happening on Saturday, June 16th at the Noisebridge hackerspace in San Francisco.  It is free, open to the public, and everyone is invited to participate by leading a 20-minute DIY teach-in or just coming to listen, learn, and meet other community members.  Please see the press release below for more information.  I've also included a flier you can print and post to share this event with your community. Please let me know if you'd like me to drop off hard copies of the fliers.

I hope you can make it!

Best,
Alisa

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Contact:
Alisa Lemberg
KinkForAll San Francisco unorganizer
raging...@gmail.com

OR

Meitar Moscovitz
KinkForAll co-founder
(323) 963-4827
bitetheappleb...@gmail.com
http://kinkforall.org/?author=2

Challenging sex-ed status quo, KinkForAll brings culture hackers and peer-to-peer educators back to San Francisco

San Francisco, CA – 4/9/12 – The Noisebridge Hackerspace in San Francisco’s Mission district will host a free, all-ages, and open to the public unconference full of discussions about sexuality and its intersections with the rest of life. Empowering participants to share knowledge directly with neighbors and peers, organizers are encouraging everyone with an interest in challenging the status quo regarding sexuality information and its distribution to converge on Saturday, June 16th, 2012 for KinkForAll San Francisco 2. The event is the tenth conference of its kind nationally, and its second incarnation in the Bay Area.

“This is an opportunity for participants to explore ideas of self-empowerment, presentation tactics and community organizing, as well as an opportunity for cross-pollination with hacker, Maker and open source communities,” organizer Alisa said. The “unconference” format offers participants 20-minute slots in which to facilitate a discussion, give a presentation or lead a session on any topic related to sexuality. Interested individuals are already using websites and social media to brainstorm session ideas, such as: "Open Space Technology and Kink", “The Cake Is Not a Lie; The Closet Is,” and "Custom Relationship Design." Many KinkForAll sessions are recorded, and videos from previous events are available online for free.

“It’s like an interactive Wikipedia,” unconference founder Meitar Moscovitz said. “Imagine a world where everyone not only had free access to a library containing the sum total of sexuality information, but had a say in what information that library recorded. That’s why everyone from traditional sex educators to bloggers, and even chefs, circus troupes and street performers, photographers, new media journalists, and culture hackers of all stripes are welcome to participate.” Everyone attending is encouraged to participate in whatever form they find most inspiring or comfortable, including presenting, bringing food to share or livetweeting sessions using the #KFASF2 hashtag. Anyone interested can sign up and share ideas at http://wiki.kinkforall.org/KinkForAllSanFrancisco2 and can learn more at http://wiki.KinkForAll.org/KinkForAll.

Contact:
Alisa Lemberg
KinkForAll San Francisco unorganizer
raging...@gmail.com

OR

Meitar Moscovitz
KinkForAll co-founder
(323) 963-4827
bitetheappleb...@gmail.com
http://kinkforall.org/?author=2

An innovative conference to empower a citizen-driven reform of sexuality education, KinkForAll San Francisco 2, will be held at Noisebridge Hackerspace on June 16th, 2012. The event is free, open to the public, and strongly stresses education and sexual freedom over eroticization. Anyone with the desire to learn or with something to contribute is welcome and invited to participate.

About KinkForAll

KinkForAll is an ad-hoc unconference about sexuality for anyone and everyone, drawing participants from an astounding range of both sexuality-related and other communities. Anyone with the desire to learn in an open environment or with something to contribute is welcome and invited to participate. KinkForAll is a 100% free event that is open to the public.

KinkForAll is a fast-paced event with discussions, presentations, and interaction from all participants. There are no spectators, only participants. To attend, you must give a presentation or otherwise help out. KinkForAll events aim to support participants face-to-face and to create shared knowledge with lasting benefit to humanity. KinkForAll is inspired by and based upon the BarCamp community and unconference model.

http://wiki.KinkForAll.org

###

KFASF8.5x11V5.pdf

maymay

Apr 8, 2012, 5:01:20 PM4/8/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 8, 2012, at 4:31 PM, RagingAmazon wrote:

> There's a google doc listing organizations we want to reach, so please make sure to mark off ones you've contacted and feel free to add to the list

Where is that? Please provide a link to this document?

Cheers,
-maymay
Blog: http://maybemaimed.com
Talk show: http://KinkOnTap.com
Community: http://KinkForAll.org

RagingAmazon

Apr 8, 2012, 5:06:28 PM4/8/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Here's the thread containing info on the organization doc: http://groups.google.com/group/kinkforall/browse_thread/thread/4784c539d063fe42

"'You know zat another term for an icongrapher would be 'photographer?'  From the old word Photus in Latation, vhich means--' 'To prance around like an idiot ordering everyone about as if you owened the place.'" ~ Pratchett; the Truth

Visit and contribute to the KinkForAll wiki at
http://wiki.KinkForAll.org