KFASF2 orgs to contact (kinkforall@googlegroups.com)

1 view

Alisa L (Google Docs)

Apr 4, 2012, 3:11:56 PM4/4/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Message from raging...@gmail.com:
Here is a list of organizations we'd like to contact about KinkForAll San Francisco2.  We still need to finalize the press release and draft a template letter before we can get to this, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to start contacting orgs on Monday.  Please mark any organizations you're involved with if you're willing to contact them directly as it's always nice to have a personal connection.

Click to open:
Google Docs makes it easy to create, store and share online documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Logo for Google Docs

James Sheldon

Apr 4, 2012, 3:23:40 PM4/4/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com

Is it ok to add other organizations to the list?

Visit and contribute to the KinkForAll wiki at
http://wiki.KinkForAll.org

RagingAmazon

Apr 4, 2012, 3:26:56 PM4/4/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Oh, yes!  I should have mentioned.  Please feel free to add to the org list (and to volunteer to contact orgs *hint hint*).

I am especially hoping that we can find more orgs that serve people of color and lower income people, who are frequently missing from mainstream discussions of sexuality.

Thanks,
Alisa

"'You know zat another term for an icongrapher would be 'photographer?'  From the old word Photus in Latation, vhich means--' 'To prance around like an idiot ordering everyone about as if you owened the place.'" ~ Pratchett; the Truth

James Sheldon

Apr 4, 2012, 4:36:24 PM4/4/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
I added a few organizations that came to mind-- added some people of color and low-income organizations, some labor organizations, some leather education organizations, etc.

It might also be good to get it on the Erobay (www.erobay.com) calendar.   I don't know offhand how that process works - does anyone know?

Incidentally, KinkForAll's site was blocked at work, where they use filtering software.  I wonder how we could go about appealing to have it removed from blocking company's filter lists?   Blocking software is becoming more prevalent in libraries, schools... even amtrak's on-train wifi and kaiser's patient wifi use blocking software now...

On that note, I'll go add the ACLU of Northern California and the local chapters to the list :-)

@James
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ james sheldon
@ http://www.jamessheldon.com
@ "those who fail to reread
@ are obliged to read the same story everywhere"
@ -- Roland Barthes, S/Z (1970)
@ voyag...@gmail.com
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

James Sheldon

Apr 4, 2012, 4:39:07 PM4/4/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Also, perhaps we could contact some of the organizations that meet at Noisebridge?  The only one I can think of right now is the BACE Timebank, but i'm sure there's others...?

James Sheldon

Apr 5, 2012, 4:36:34 PM4/5/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Did anyone have any thoughts on erobay or blocking software?

maymay

Apr 5, 2012, 4:41:12 PM4/5/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 5, 2012, at 4:36 PM, James Sheldon wrote:

> Did anyone have any thoughts on […] blocking software?

If you send me more information about the KinkForAll.org website being blocked, such as where you were when this happened or even a screenshot, I can look into it and possibly offer you some workarounds.

Censorship and the like would be a great topic to address at KFASF2. At the first KinkForAll in San Francisco, Jacob Appelbaum spoke on this issue rather eloquently.[0]

Cheers,
-maymay
Blog: http://maybemaimed.com
Talk show: http://KinkOnTap.com