May 2010 Community Workgroup Team Reports

Brad Baker

Jun 3, 2010, 7:16:09 PM6/3/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
As per: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-wg-community/browse_thread/thread/a89b7fc2086f8f5a

.. let's see how we go this month.

Please use this thread for your Team reports from May 2010. Please can we restrict this thread to only reports, and not comments.

Thanks.. let's see how it goes :)

-----
Brad Baker
Twitter @xyzulu
The Joomla Community: community.joomla.org

Paul Orwig

Jun 4, 2010, 4:51:27 PM6/4/10
to joomla-wg...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Here is the update for Joomla! Community Magazine (JCM):
  • Komrade/K2 design was installed on community.joomla.org in May and is now undergoing content and extension updates and testing by JCM team.
  • Have formed a new JCM Public Relations team to come up with ideas on how to better promote the JCM.
  • Have asked if it would be okay to produce a companion PDF version of the JCM, waiting for a response.
  • The previous June 1 launch has been moved back to July 1. Primary reasons are that we are waiting to receive a custom EchoSign plugin which will manage the Author License Agreement process, and we still have various other content/style/format/workflow issues yet to be resolved.

Thanks,

paul

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mike Hamanaka

Jun 4, 2010, 7:06:06 PM6/4/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
Hi CLT, (sorry for the repost, I think my last post was deleted.)

community.joomla.org/showcase
287 Entries Processed
182 Approved
10 Clones Remove
SoTM June 2010: xyzdomain.com

We have been fairly diligent and on top of the entries for over 6
months.

This means most entries will be seen within about 1 to 10 days of
being
submitted.

We are concerned that people are not following the showcase guidelines
and
that we are forced to reject sites that would otherwise be great to
have in
the showcase.

Active volunteers are Lee Cher Yeoung, Ron Severdia, Pablo Yamamoto,
Matt
Lipscomb and yours truly.

On Jun 3, 4:16 pm, Brad Baker <brad.ba...@community.joomla.org> wrote:
> As per:http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-wg-community/browse_thread/thre...
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-wg-community/browse_thread/thre...>..
> let's see how we go this month.
>
> Please use this thread for your Team reports from May 2010. Please can we
> restrict this thread to only reports, and not comments.
>
> Thanks.. let's see how it goes :)
>
> -----
> Brad Baker
> Twitter @xyzulu <http://twitter.com/xyzulu>
> The Joomla Community: community.joomla.org

magnoliaweb

Jun 4, 2010, 7:13:44 PM6/4/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
People.Joomla.org

Monthly Update

3093 Members to date who have uploaded 224 videos.

14 events have been listed... most JUG meetings, some bigger
conferences,
some more broad, and 1 that is not related to Joomla.

"We are presently preparing the site for an official launch, although
we
have no set date yet" -Sandra Warren

Some testing and correcting of minor technical issues is what is
preventing
the official launch.

We are actively recruiting community managers who can speak non-
english
languages.

Lot's of small talk of which Jomsocial Extensions/Functionalities will
be
installed. The Management team has asked for community input for
which to
consider. Azrul himself will be doing the final installing of all
suggested
functionality. The community managers will be testing and evaluating
some
of the suggestions which make it through an initial evaluation. There
is no
promise that all suggested will be tested.

You can open your thoughts for Jomsocial Extensions/Functionalities
discussion here. I would definitely speak up if you have a good
suggestion.
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=576&t=522614

A report was written by Philippe Tassin about 2 weeks ago,
http://people.joomla.org/news-a-updates.html

Those involved on the management team are:

Admins:
Sandra Warren
Phil Tassin

Managers

Claire Mandville
Jennifer Marriott
Wendy Robinson
Mark Bender
Brad Baker
Ashraf Hamed
Beat
Himanshu Nagpal
Jacques Rentzke
Mike Hamanaka
Jerome Bussiere
Ronak Bhagdev
Svetlana Zec
Jean-Marie Simonet
Javier Gomez

Did I leave your name out? Want to help? Speak up!

Summary Report created by:
Mike Hamanaka
Website Production
Vertualize.com

mlipscomb

Jun 4, 2010, 8:44:05 PM6/4/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
resources.joomla.org

The Resources Directory team have been busy approving new listings and
following up with questions and comments posted.

Current Team members are: Wendy Robinson, Gary Brooks, Chad Wingdale,
Lee Cher Yeoung and Matt Lipscomb

There are currently 19 Pending Entries

Last month there were 42 Entries Processed, of which 19 were approved

In March a new submission process was implemented to streamline
reviews and approval.

Prior to this, a Final Review Email was required after submission.
Now, all questions are asked directly in the submission.

Additionally, any listing owner updating their information is required
to complete the new fields as well to keep consistency with the
listings.

Paul Orwig

Jun 4, 2010, 9:33:11 PM6/4/10
to joomla-wg...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry, in my previous email I neglected to list the active JCM team members. Here they are:

Fotis Evangelou, Chris Marinou, Nenad Antic, Ron Severdia, Anthony Olsen, Renea Leathers, Mark Bender, Dianne Henning, Cristina Solana, Miljan Vujosevic, Hilary Cheyne, Neri Valentin-Macias, Bo Astrup, Steve Burge, Nicholas Dionysopoulos, Brian Sullivan, Amy Stephen, Ahmad Alfy, Robert Vining, Matt Lipscomb, Alice Grevet, Mustaq Ahmed, Arlen Walker, Zoran Belic, Nick Antimisiaris, Paul Orwig.

Claire Mandville

Jun 5, 2010, 7:43:48 AM6/5/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
While waiting on the full JSST report, i have been asked to add the
VEL teams report.

Vel Team Report
New found & notified VE
# 23:34, 31 May 2010 (→MyCar)
# 23:33, 31 May 2010 (→MediQnA)
# 09:00, 25 May 2010 (→RS Comments)
# 08:58, 25 May 2010 (→Gadget Factory)
# 08:53, 25 May 2010 (→Camp26 Visitor)
# 08:53, 25 May 2010 (→FDione Form Wizard)
# 08:53, 25 May 2010 (→Seber Cart)
# 00:10, 21 May 2010 (→BCA RSS Feed)
# 23:41, 18 May 2010 (→JE Quotation Form)
# 08:46, 15 May 2010 (→Custom PHP Pages)
# 00:07, 14 May 2010 (→article Factory Manager)
# 00:07, 14 May 2010 (→Table JX Component)
# 11:20, 13 May 2010 (→iJoomla News Portal)
# 13:36, 10 May 2010 (→JTM Reseller)
# 13:35, 10 May 2010 (→Ultimate Portfolio)

And not enough VE fixed!

Claire Mandville

Jun 5, 2010, 7:52:47 AM6/5/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
JSST report - sorry it may be a bit long as you may like to see the
topic titles

NB figures can be confusing due to the 2 week "report will be closed
if no response" guidelines

Period 1 - 31st may
Inbox 57 (includes tickets waiting, bouncing emails and spam)
Average response time to assigned ticket 11.1 hours
Closed tickets 31

2010-04-30
Joomla! Developer Site: Hacked Joomla sites
Joomla! Developer Site: PHP.backdoor injection
2010-05-01
Joomla! Developer Site: Site hacked
2010-05-02
Joomla! Developer Site: help map and cal
Joomla! Developer Site: Site hacked
2010-05-04
Joomla! Developer Site: Hacked site
Joomla! Developer Site: Joomla modsecurity rules
Joomla! Developer Site: Unable to login
2010-05-05
Joomla! Developer Site: Security Issue
Joomla! Developer Site: Site has been hacked
Joomla! Developer Site: site hacked
Joomla! Developer Site: Sites have been attacked
Joomla! Developer Site: Joomla site hacked
2010-05-06
Joomla! Developer Site: Totalausfall
Joomla! Developer Site: I think my Website has been Attacked
2010-05-07
Joomla! Developer Site: Site continually receiving SQL injection
Joomla! Developer Site: Joomla site hacked
2010-05-09
Joomla! Developer Site: reported sql injection com_newsfeeds
2010-05-10
Joomla! Developer Site: PHP injection in Joomla 1.5.17
Joomla! Developer Site: Exploits - Malware name:
Joomla! Developer Site: My Joomla Site Hacked almost weekly
Joomla! Developer Site: Unable to login
2010-05-11
Joomla! Developer Site: Joomla Support
Joomla! Developer Site: Joomla Security Problems
2010-05-12
Joomla! Developer Site: Hacking
Joomla! Developer Site: Multiple XSS Vulnerabilties
2010-05-13
Joomla! Developer Site: My site hacked
Joomla! Developer Site: Security issues
2010-05-14
Joomla! Developer Site: Hacker forum w/ joomla vulnerabilities posted
Joomla! Developer Site: website hacked
2010-05-15
Joomla! Developer Site: Can't get into my admin page.
2010-05-16
Joomla! Developer Site: My joomla account hacked
2010-05-18
Joomla! Developer Site: Joomla 1.0 vulnerability and hacked
My Joomla Website Hacked
Joomla! Developer Site: below a list of website in joomla 1.5 that
have been attacked by hacker
2010-05-19
Joomla! Developer Site: Can't get into my website
Joomla! Developer Site: Phishing
Joomla! Developer Site: FCT
2010-05-23
Joomla! Developer Site: Avira detect Roktabs as virus
2010-05-25
Joomla! Developer Site: Malware Detected
2010-05-27
Joomla! Developer Site: Cache Phishing
2010-05-28
Joomla! Developer Site: Bradesco Phishing on Joomla 1.5
Joomla! Developer Site: JS/TrojanDownloader.Pegel.BP
Joomla! Developer Site: Cinch.php
Joomla! Developer Site: HELP-SECURITY PROBLEM NOW
Joomla! Developer Site: Just got hacked...
2010-05-29
Joomla! Developer Site: no XML set up file in Jooma patch
Joomla! Developer Site: error msg- can not access my website
2010-05-30
Site hack

And in other news, May saw the security release of J1.5.18 & The new
security site is progressing well.

CM

pe7er

Jun 7, 2010, 6:58:55 AM6/7/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
The statistics for the Forum http://forum.joomla.org (May 2010) are:
Number of messages: 2,065,613 (New messages per day: 1,173)
Number of topics: 475,210 (New topics per day: 270)
Number of users: 384,660 (New users per day: 218)

New boards:
Joomla! 1.6 Beta Support (for support questions on Joomla 1.6 Beta)
Joomla! 1.6 Beta Bug Reporting (to discuss if a problem with 1.6 is a
bug and how to report it)
Extension development for Joomla! 1.6 (to discuss Joomla! 1.6
extension development and the Joomla 1.6 code with other users)

Greetings,
Peter Martin
> <http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-wg-community/browse_thread/thre...>..
> let's see how we go this month.
>
> Please use this thread for your Team reports from May 2010. Please can we
> restrict this thread to only reports, and not comments.
>
> Thanks.. let's see how it goes :)
>
> -----
> Brad Baker

ToniMarie

Jun 7, 2010, 11:33:48 AM6/7/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
It was a banner month for the JED, reaching 5000 listings. As I said
in my blog post, it really was a victory for the GPL business models.
There were times a few years ago when I wondered if the naysayers
would win. I was just beaming writing that 5000 post blog, knowing
that we succeeded in seeing the JED through that rough patch.

The number as I write this is 5032, and growing.

After some time in the background on some personal/business matters
we're reenergized to complete testing and launch the CRM. I'll be
contacting the interested parties to finalize testing and put our
stamp on it later in the week.

ToniMarie

Jun 7, 2010, 11:34:35 AM6/7/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership

Brad Baker

Jun 7, 2010, 7:20:54 PM6/7/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
Wow!

Thanks to you all.. this is quite an impressive effort we've all had a
share in last month. Now, I guess we should try to collate these into
a single report and post them on a blog on community.joomla.org

I can see how I go doing that, about time I did some work around here.

Brad Baker

Jun 7, 2010, 8:04:59 PM6/7/10
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
Here it is: http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1207-joomla-community-workgroup-may-2010-report.html

I hope I did all your hard work justice with the way I presented this.
Enjoy!