[Prabhupadanuga] Blu-ray Players are Obsolete

25 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
07.05.2010, 03:10:0407.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prabhus, Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Now that you've downloaded
the 1st two "Little Krishna" DVDs and you've played them on your computer using software such as BS.Player, you may be wondering how to watch them with your children on your big screen HD TV while sitting in your favorite easy chair, remote control at hand.

Here is the best way to do it:

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Play-Media-Player-Black/dp/B002MCZJ3C

The Asus O!Play is amazing! I got mine 2 days ago. It has no disadvantages that I've been able to find so far, and here are some of the advantages:

1. Only US$99 with free shipping from Amazon.com.

2. $20 mail-in rebate good 'til the end of this month.

3. Plays all audio and video file formats.

4. Handles external SRT subtitles very well. (allows you to control the position, size and color of the subtitles.)

5. Remembers which movies you were playing last.

6. Remembers where you left off, so you can resume playing a movie later.

7. Audio and/or video files can be on USB flash drives or USB external hard drives.

8. Handles 1080p HD movies with ease.

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa (http://causelessmercy.com/ http://rtvik.com/ http://pratyatosa.com/ http://feedacow.com/ http://llbest.com/)

--
You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.

To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
istag...@googlegroups.com

Getting too many emails? Please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (praty...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

For more options, please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi

To cancel your membership, please send an email to:
istagosthi+...@googlegroups.com

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
07.05.2010, 03:53:2007.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
08.05.2010, 16:55:2308.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com

Here's a good way to store all 3 Little Krishna DVDs (assuming that we someday find out where to download DVD#3) on one USB flash drive so that you can play them on a computer or on the Asus O!Play:

OCZ 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

With Promo Code EMCYSYR45 it's only $10.99 with free shipping. Sale price good until May 10th.

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Pratyatosa <praty...@gmail.com> wrote:
BTW, here's how to download the Little Krishna videos:

DVD#1: http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/msg/4c706fd781bcbbf4

DVD#2: http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/msg/127910cd7f0bdd69

How they did it: http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/msg/dc60ad4cb9bc945c

Ys, Ptd

Paul Howard

ungelesen,
11.05.2010, 23:08:4411.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com

I down   loaded the first Little Krishna video a few days ago from the links posted here, and then just got the video series yesterday from Krishnastore.com.  The actual DVDs are much better quality than the rip, and it's full-screen.  It's well worth the $45 plus shipping.  They took over a week to arrive, and I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong, but then the package came and it was from Vrindavana.  That was extra fun.  Normally I'm not so inclined to buy videos that I can download, but I'm very happy to support this production and hope they make more.

http://krishnastore.com/little-krishna-animated-tv-series-dvd-set-h-krishna-1520.html

- Paul H.

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
12.05.2010, 09:55:4112.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear Bhakta Paul Prabhu. Now you have all 3 DVDs. I have yet to see #3, "The Legendary Warrior."

You can also use the Asus O!Play to play DVDs by first using DVDFab to copy the DVD to your computer's hard drive. I use DVDfab's "DVD to DVD - Full Disk" mode, interrupting it after it's made an exact copy (minus the copy protection) and before it's begun to burn a new DVD.
Before clicking "Start," make sure that the quality is 100%. If not, then switch from DVD5 to DVD9. By default, the copy will be in a uniquely named subfolder in the C:\...Documents\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc folder. Then simply copy the subfolder to a USB hard drive or flash drive to play on the O!Play. It will have all of the exact same quality and features as the original DVD!

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

Prema Vilas Krishna Dasa

ungelesen,
17.05.2010, 07:50:3017.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com
Hare Krishna Prabhu,
AGTSP,PAMHO
prabhu i have kind request-from where u have downloaded LITTLE KRISHNA ALL 3 DVDS?plz prabhu give me the link,i also want to downloaded,kindly prabhu send the link.

YS
PVKD

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
17.05.2010, 09:03:3417.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prema Vilas Krishna Prabhu, Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Here are the downloads that still work:
The Making Of Little Krishna:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/msg/dc60ad4cb9bc945c

Unfortunately, the only download that I've been able to find for DVD#3 (The Legendary Warrior) no longer works.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Prema Vilas Krishna Dasa <pvk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hare Krishna Prabhu,
AGTSP,PAMHO
prabhu i have kind request-from where u have downloaded LITTLE KRISHNA ALL 3 DVDS?plz prabhu give me the link,i also want to downloaded,kindly prabhu send the link.

YS
PVKD

Pratyatosa.com

ungelesen,
18.05.2010, 13:16:5918.05.10
an Prabhupadanuga
Here's an even better price on the Asus O!Play (US$95.99 with free
shipping and a $20 mail-in rebate good 'til the end of this month):

http://www.directron.com/oplayhdpr1.html

You may not have heard of them, but I've purchased from them fairly
recently. They're for real.

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Pratyatosa <praty...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Sean Hartigan

ungelesen,
20.05.2010, 01:42:4720.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com

Cartoons to Krishna

BY: HASTI GOPALA DASA

May 18, 2010 — TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA (SUN) —

I had read that soon in some big cartoon
Krishna would be released.
He dances with damsels under full moon
And fights fire and wind and beast.

Now on the front cover I'd soon discover
No mention of Krishna as God
Or the purpose of life is to revive our lover
As taught by Prabhupada.

Little Krishna it's said is principally based
On Prabhupada's Krsna Book.
It is not said and it is not read
On the DVD or release.
So where did you get those stories you took?
Speak now for truth and peace.

Krishna is God and Srila Prabhupada
Appeared in India there.
And who's Little Krishna a Hindu myth
Who soars through Hollywood air?
Does heritage know that Prabhupada set
The standards to free the world?
Srila Prabhupada gave Little Krsna the toon
So his flag should be unfurled.

That "Krsna's the Godhead Personality Supreme"
Should be emblazoned on the DVD's.
If these truths you ignore then I humbly implore
And yes I'm trying to impress ya
Krishna Books with the purchase so all can go
from TV cartoon to Krishna

Post Script

That this Little Krishna DVD should go out alone is not acceptable. It should be accompanied by the full three sets of original Krishna Books in top quality paperback. Those written and published by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. This way, there is compromise for those who are determined to release these DVD's as they are and keep the advertising, as it is now.

Those who produced these DVD's certainly have millions of dollars to spend, and it is assumed that they are truly interested in letting the whole world learn about Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, as well as Srila Prabhupada the author of this great literary masterpiece. Each temple may add one sweetball and a Hare Krishna maha- mantra card to complete the package. Therefore there will be books, prasadam and the Holy Name going out with each DVD.

Silence on this suggestion will speak volumes. However one need not reply to this posting. Simply take it up as your own idea and quietly do the needful. I have spoken with determination because Krishna is my Lord, Srila Prabhupada is my master, and this has been my duty.

Ys. Always,
Hasti Gopala dasa

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
20.05.2010, 08:56:2620.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com, has...@hotmail.com
Srila Prabhupada approved Krishna conscious coloring books:

http://bit.ly/9KCoV1

... so why not Krishna conscious animated videos?

The Little Krishna videos are incredible technological achievements / works of art. I'm sure that Srila Prabhupada is very pleased with the sincere service of the devotees in India who have worked so hard for so many years in order to produce them.

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa
--

Sean Hartigan

ungelesen,
20.05.2010, 18:21:4820.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com
But is it true the DVD cover makes no mention of HDG Srila Prabhupada or Krishna being the supreme personality of godhead?

I don't think the article disagrees with you Pratyatosa, merely that the source is not given prominence.

I wonder what Hasti Gopala dasa thinks of the older puppet show dvd/videos.

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
21.05.2010, 10:27:5821.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com, charles dowson
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Sean Hartigan <shar...@gmail.com> wrote:
But is it true the DVD cover makes no mention of HDG Srila Prabhupada or Krishna being the supreme personality of godhead?

Maybe so, but even in the mid 70s, devotees, especially the Bhaktivedanta Institute devotees, were using an "in like a needle; out like a plow" approach to preaching.

I don't think the article disagrees with you Pratyatosa, merely that the source is not given prominence.

I wonder what Hasti Gopala dasa thinks of the older puppet show dvd/videos.

I've seen some of them. I don't like the fact that their mouths don't move. This means that they are not up to karmi standards, and are therefore, IMHO, somewhat of an embarrassment to Srila Prabhupada. :-(

The Little Krishna videos are much, much better. They are something that we can be proud of.

Ys, Ptd

Bhakta Michael

ungelesen,
21.05.2010, 15:08:1921.05.10
an Prabhupadanuga
From the introduction (first episode) on the DVD "The Darling of
Vrindavan", after 6 seconds:

"His endearing pastimes have been recorded in the ancient Sanskrit
classic from India, the Bhagavata Purana.
These stories have enthralled generations of eager readers and have
carved a special place for little Krishna, darling of Vrindavan, in
their hearts."

Hare Krishna,
Michael

On 20 Mai, 07:42, Sean Hartigan <shart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/05-10/editorials6117.htm
>
> Cartoons to Krishna
>
> BY: HASTI GOPALA DASA
>
> *May 18, 2010 — TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA (SUN) — *
>
> I had read that soon in some big cartoon
> Krishna would be released.
> He dances with damsels under full moon
> And fights fire and wind and beast.
>
> Now on the front cover I'd soon discover
> No mention of Krishna as God
> Or the purpose of life is to revive our lover
> As taught by Prabhupada.
>
> Little Krishna it's said is principally based
> On Prabhupada's Krsna Book.
> It is not said and it is not read
> On the DVD or release.
> So where did you get those stories you took?
> Speak now for truth and peace.

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
29.05.2010, 16:27:5829.05.10
an istag...@googlegroups.com
I've been using the Asus O!Play for almost a month now. It's very well engineered. I ordered another one just now. The price went down to US$94.99 and the $20 mail-in rebate is in effect for 2 more days, until May 31st.

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Pratyatosa <praty...@gmail.com> wrote:

Pratyatosa

ungelesen,
16.10.2011, 16:57:0916.10.11
an istag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prabhus, Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

All 3 Little Krishna DVDs are now available in amazingly high resolution (HD - 720p) for incredibly fast downloading (<http://www.youtube.com/user/SIDDHILALASA#g/c/A21AD1AF1CC751BF>):

1. http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIxOurV8q9uk

2. http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqDLStQMD-Vw

3. http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1hI7S9cB3QY

For best results, download the MP4, 720p versions.

All 3 are in English, so you don't really need them, but here are enhanced versions of the
English subtitles. (See attachment.)

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa
Little.Krishna.Subtitles.zip

B. Radha-Govinda Swami (ACBSP)

ungelesen,
18.10.2011, 20:43:1318.10.11
an istag...@googlegroups.com
Hare Krsna Pratyatosa prabhu,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada. PAMFO I hope your sadhana and bhajan are going well.

Thank you so much for sending these out. I really appreciate your doing this.

I hope all is going well on your end on all levels.

May we be safely situated under the shelter of Srila Prabhupada's Lotus Feet, Those of our Guru Varga, the Vaisnavas, and Sri Sri Radha and Krsna.

With love,

Your servant,

B. Radha-Govinda
Hare Krsna

--- On Sun, 10/16/11, Pratyatosa <praty...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
You have received this email because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga Group. To post to our group for all the world to see, send an email to <istag...@googlegroups.com>. Getting too many emails? Please go to <http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe> and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (praty...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you. To cancel your membership, send an email to <istagosthi+...@googlegroups.com>. For more options, go to <http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi>.
Allen antworten