Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 1:09:48 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com

BIG Animation announces the release of ‘Little Krishna’

Tue, 12 May 2009 23:03:00

little_krishna_big_animatio.jpg‘Little Krishna’, the maiden high-end 3D animated TV Series from BIG Animation, a Reliance Big Entertainment Group Company, is all set to grace the small screen .The 13-episode series is a co-creation between BIG Animation and The Indian Heritage Foundation (promoted by ISKCON Bangalore). The show boasts of world class & never-seen-before quality of animation on Indian TV screens.

Ashish S.K., CEO, BIG Animation, says, “Little Krishna is a fitting tribute to our legendary ‘prank-star’ that not only has a huge fan following within India, but is also extremely popular internationally. We are proud to associate with Nick and we could not have got a better platform for this series in India. The series represents a seamless blend of Global standards of technology with creative excellence. It has the true potential of becoming a turning point for Indian animation industry, in earning the patronage of International buyers.”

Each episode delivers 23 minutes of enthralling entertainment, showcasing an amalgamation of both, the lighter humorous antics of Krishna as well as his prowess as a warrior. Using the traditional tales of Krishna’s childhood adventures as a foundation for morally inspiring children’s entertainment, the tonality of the stories is light-hearted, energetic and gripping.

Under the able leadership of Prafull Gade (Associate Producer), who diligently married economics with creativity and Ravi Mahapatro (Line Producer) who was responsible for managing the day-to-day operations, the series was scripted by Emmy Award ® winner Jeffrey Scott, directed by Vincent Edwards and R. Balasubramaniam, and the music was given by J.V Varaprasad.

Adds Nina Elavia Jaipuria, Sr. VP & GM – Nick India, “Nick’s biggest strength is its endearing characters that have created a lasting bond with kids. We have been looking for the right local animation show over the last 2 years and our search has now ended with Little Krishna. Through naughtiness and magical powers, the series has the potential to engage kids not only through world class animation, but also a compelling narrative. Kudos to BIG Animation, for finally taking the local Indian animation, to international standards. ”

Chanchalapathi Dasa, Vice Chairman, The India Heritage Foundation, says, “Krishna is one of the most enchanting and captivating characters out of the Indian heritage. Our involvement in the research corroborated the authenticity and selection of some of the most interesting stories. The objective was not to develop ‘yet another content’ around Krishna, but to serve the audience with a masterpiece which was historically correct and authentic. At the same time we also wanted the kids to enjoy the series. Interesting stories of Krishna in his younger days allow the kids to form an immediate association with our legendary character”

One of the leading and fastest growing animation studios in India, BIG Animation has established and tested pipelines for Design & Pre-production, 2D, 3D and Post-Production. With one of the finest IT backend setup, running on AMD Opteron 64 Bit Quad Core Processors and Foundry Big Iron RX laying the bedrock for its network, the studio boasts of infrastructure, technology and creativity that matches Global standards of deliveries. With the right blend of expertise in traditional as well as modern technical skills and exceptional artistic and managerial abilities, the studio is creating the next-generation animation, from ‘ideation-to-script’, and ‘script-to screen’, all under one roof.

The studio team has no doubt that ‘Little Krishna’ will emerge as a beacon which shall throw its light to embellish the Indian content in the Global market and shall leave an indelible impression in the minds of the Global audience. In the endeavors to establish Indian Animation’s footprint in the Global markets, the journey for BIG Animation, and stylized Indian animation, has just begun.

--
You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.

To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
istag...@googlegroups.com

Getting too many emails? Please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (praty...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

For more options, please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi

To cancel your membership, please send an email to:
istagosthi+...@googlegroups.com

july9th

Apr 25, 2010, 6:12:28 AM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Letter to: Caruhasa

New Vrindaban
74-07-20
Los Angeles
My Dear Caruhasa das;
Please accept my blessings. I have received your letter undated and
also seen the picture book. You should know it that Krsna is not a
plaything. These things should strictly not be done.* If you do this,
then Krsna will become a fairy tale. Please drop this matter.
I hope this meets you in good health.
Your ever well wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
ACBS:bs
*About trying to have karmis make a movie on Krsna Book.

On Apr 25, 6:09 am, Pratyatosa <pratyat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BIG Animation announces the release of ‘Little
> Krishna’<http://www.medianewsline.com/news/118/ARTICLE/4517/2009-05-12.html>
> NewsWire7 <http://www.medianewsline.com/authors/?authorID=8>
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 7:52:00 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
http://www.chakra.org/discussions/BMJan02_03.html:

I went to Prabhupada one day in Los Angeles when he was having a meeting with Yadabara's wife about some art she was doing, and the GBC were in the room as well. I had done a film of some effects work to show his Grace on a film projector that I had. I was outside the door of his room when he called me in to set up the film for his viewing and all the people that were there. I was happy that he was finally going to talk to me face to face about the movie preaching work. He told me to sit right next to him because of the room filled to the brim with devotees, there were no more seats. I was so happy to sit next to my spiritual Master that I almost fainted. Prabhupada was so nice to me I good not hold back the tears and sat next to him on the corner of his seat. Then I put the projector in front and showed everyone the film on the walls in his LA room. The film was made up of my stop motion work on a Nrsinghadeva film and some clips from Harryhausen films. After the show he was happy with the presentation and asked me how they did it , and when I told him he said he thought that all Vedic story matter would look good in this media.Some of the devotees said to his Grace that Hollywood only wants to do stories with sex and violence. But Prabhupada said "yes there is all that in Krsna stories". He then told me if I could not convince Hollywood to do them then do the movies my self, and then when they are successful they will want to do them to. I never talked to Prabhupada again about the matter ,then he passed away shortly after that.
With Regards,
Caruhasa

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 6:12 AM, july9th <july9...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Letter to: Caruhasa

New Vrindaban
74-07-20
Los Angeles
My Dear Caruhasa das;
Please accept my blessings. I have received your letter undated and
also seen the picture book. You should know it that Krsna is not a
plaything. These things should strictly not be done.* If you do this,
then Krsna will become a fairy tale. Please drop this matter.
I hope this meets you in good health.
Your ever well wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
ACBS:bs
*About trying to have karmis make a movie on Krsna Book.

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 8:45:30 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Right on July9th! So few can SEE

RCB

Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 9:46:18 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com

'Little Krishna' bags best animation award at Singapore

Show me even one bad review.

If Madhu Pandit Prabhu
is pleased, then I'm sure that Srila Prabhupada is also pleased.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Bhaktatraveler <bhaktat...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Right on July9th! So few can SEE

RCB

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 9:51:12 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Krsna as a plaything/cartoon and Krsna seriously depicted on film is not exactly the same thing.

Plus one side of the case is archived as a letter and the other is a memory(easily mistaken). The letter in question and the subject would appear to be applicable for all and not just this one devotee.

I think opinion on this(letter vs. memory) would be good.

Hare Krsna

RCB

Apr 25, 2010, 10:08:14 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
It depends on how it's done. Animation has come a long way since the 70s. Also, Srila Prabhupada's advice to Caruhasa Prabhu does not necessarily apply to devotees who are actually competent movie-making professionals. Here's another letter to Caruhasa from Srila Prabhupada:

74-08-20
Los Angeles
My dear Caruhasa das,
Please accept my blessings. I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated July 26th 1974 with the enclosed slides. I appreciate your interest in making the Krishna book film but it is not important for now. I therefore think that you could use your talent better if you work with Yadubara. In Hawaii I understand that he is making TV programs. So you can go and help with him. I do not care very much for these filmings because by presenting Krishna in this way it makes it something like fantasy. It is better to have people to read my Krishna books what I have written so that they can understand Krishna fully. I think you can understand this. I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
ACBS/bs/ps

You may find the following 2 reviews of Caruhasa's latest efforts to be very revealing as to why Srila Prabhupada may have encouraged him to not act on his own, but instead to work with someone who is actually competent, such as Yadubara Prabhu.

http://www.chakra.org/discussions/BMDec9_02.html

http://www.chakra.org/discussions/BMDec12_02.html

Unfortunately, now any fool can make an incompetent video and upload it to YouTube, thus emabarrassing Srila Prabhupada. :-(

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Bhaktatraveler <bhaktat...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Krsna as a plaything/cartoon and Krsna seriously depicted on film is not exactly the same thing.

Plus one side of the case is archived as a letter and the other is a memory(easily mistaken). The letter in question and the subject would appear to be applicable for all and not just this one devotee.

I think opinion on this(letter vs. memory) would be good.

Hare Krsna

RCB

Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 10:15:15 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Bhaktatraveler <bhaktat...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hare Krsna Pratyatosa das

I personally hold no stock in karmi's opinions on Krsna conscious standards.

But Srila Prabhupada's main concern was that the karmis would simply laugh and not take the movies seriously. Srila Prabhupada wanted everything that we did to be 1st class by karmi standards, and that's what the Little Krishna producers have done.

Ys, Ptd

Yahoo

Apr 25, 2010, 10:40:09 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
What is the point of this discussion. Is it expected to influence Caruhasa Das somehow? Are you planning to contact him and exert some move him to abandon the project because some dispute it's value or bonafides? Much like some did with the devotees in the archives? Just asking. P

From: Pratyatosa <praty...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:15:15 -0400

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 10:35:53 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Pratyatosa d

What you have said is ok, still I can't help but focus on this part of the letter.....

I do not care very much for these filmings because by presenting Krishna in this way it makes it something like fantasy. It is better to have people to read my Krishna books what I have written so that they can understand Krishna fully.

It would seem to support the similar reasoning in the first letter poster by July9th.

Not sure if it is a matter of quality or content/media venue. Is this second letter also relating to animation?

Anyway, is this small or a big thing?

Hare Krsna

RCB

Sent: Sun, April 25, 2010 10:08:14 AM

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 10:47:36 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Good points!

Hmmmmmmm. Maybe. I do not watch videos because I can't hear them, so I have no experience to critic them.

I will accept your OPINION on this for now, lol. Unless someone else see something I do not(like cartoonish animation being inappropriate? As apposed to live action film). Are these letters relating exclusively to cartoon characterizations or all filming, live action or not?

RCB

Sent: Sun, April 25, 2010 10:15:15 AM

Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 10:47:24 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
The point is, if we are going to do something for Krishna that the public will see, then it should be 1st class, such as the Little Krishna video series.

If Caruhasa Prabhu wants to give his side of the story, then he is welcome to join the discussion, but I don't know his email address, do you?

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Yahoo <pdhed...@yahoo.com> wrote:
What is the point of this discussion. Is it expected to influence Caruhasa Das somehow? Are you planning to contact him and exert some move him to abandon the project because some dispute it's value or bonafides? Much like some did with the devotees in the archives? Just asking. P

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 10:51:45 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Who is P?

If your addressing me, I have no dieing need to contact this devotee and challenge him one way or another. It is just an exercise in critical thinking on my part and nothing more. This is a small thing, not earth shaking that I can determine.

Am I wrong, have I failed? LOL.

Hare Krsna

RCB

Apr 25, 2010, 11:29:19 AM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
So then, consider the time, place and circumstance. Is it just an amateurish rendition that is rejected or the venue of animation?

Second letter would seen to be twice rejected, but we need the context to be sure, hmmmm.

It is small according to siddhanta, but big in that Krsna would not like to be made to look ridiculous. A nursery rhime myth.

\RCB

Sent: Sun, April 25, 2010 10:53:33 AM

mark

Apr 25, 2010, 11:58:44 AM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
If the animation is true to versions of Krsna and his associates that
Srila Prabhupada has sanctioned in the past, and the story line does
not add modern politically correct views that water down the
philosophy, then I would be happy for it.

I will wait to see, but as with anything coming from even the best of
the esteemed but still-brainwashed "65 percenter" devotees from
Bangalore who don't act according to DVD, I am prepared to be
underwhelmed (65% chance) or pleasantly surprised (35% chance).

On Apr 25, 11:29 am, Bhaktatraveler <bhaktatrave...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So then, consider the time, place and circumstance. Is it just an amateurish rendition that is rejected or the venue of animation?
>
> Second letter would seen to be twice rejected, but we need the context to be sure, hmmmm.
>
> It is small according to siddhanta, but big in that Krsna would not like to be made to look ridiculous. A nursery rhime myth.
>
> \RCB
>
> ________________________________

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 12:09:22 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Your so liberal with the grade of 65%, I would have only given a hardy, solid 50% LOL.

Who has seen the video, is it good enough for Prabhupada's standards? Are the concerns in these letter satisfied with the production quality?

RCB

> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

--
You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.

To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
istag...@googlegroups.com

Getting too many emails? Please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (praty...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

For more options, please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi

To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

mark

Apr 25, 2010, 12:18:14 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Well Prabhu, I gotta give it to em, Bangalore and Alachua seem to be
the cream of the crop, and Bangalore makes Alachua look like a
sandbox.

I really did like that set up we had at Alachua during Janmasthami.
Remember the circular "tour of Vrndavana temples" with all the family
Deities being worshipped, discussed, etc. That was nice. So how about
an F+ ?

When I hit 70 percent, I am going to start becoming very vocal. So
far I am more like a 69-er. An old timer with a little dusty lust
still coating my mind. Kama-krodha = Maha Moha. LOL.

On Apr 25, 12:09 pm, Bhaktatraveler <bhaktatrave...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your so liberal with the grade of 65%, I would have only given a hardy, solid 50% LOL.
>
> Who has seen the video, is it good enough for Prabhupada's standards? Are the concerns in these letter satisfied with the production quality?
>
> RCB
>
> ________________________________
> From: mark <markmac...@yahoo.com>
> > istagosthi+...@googlegroups.com
>
> > --
> > You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> > To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> > istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> > Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> > ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

> > To cancel your membership, please send an email to:
> > istagosthi+...@googlegroups.com
>
> --
> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:
> istagosthi+...@googlegroups.com
>
> --
> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:
> istagosthi+...@googlegroups.com

Patrick Hedemark

Apr 25, 2010, 12:19:47 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pratyatosa Prabhu

PAMHO AGTSP Hare Krsna

My reason for asking for the "point" in this discussion is that any such venture as  the one cited below - or any by Caru Hasa et al - have been heavily invested in with both labor and money and any discussion by those not directly connected with the projects - would be viewed more than likely as nothing less than annoyance at this stage of their development.

Would it not be best to just leave it all alone since what has been produced will find its way and be whatever it will be?

Were you yourself or anyone in this forum to embark upon any such project - no doubt - you might invoke the suggestions or counsel of anyone you saw as helpful. But since it is probably not in the realm of anyone's capacity or inclination within this group to take up such a project - then why imagine that what this group or that group IS in fact doing - and paying for in labor and money - is anyone's concern but for the men and women so engaged?

I offered the example of the archives and all the commotion stirred up by Bhakta Phillip, Rocan Das and all the banter generated by it all within this forum and  elsewhere.

At the end of the day - the archives devotees are simply moving forward at the same pace as they were - with the same determination to accomplish the task "at hand" with the resources, money, talent and labor available to them and not a single word expressed or written by anyone - anywhere - has had - nor could have - the slightest impact on their program. They are to this very day - doing exactly what they were doing prior to all the  commotion and have no reason or capacity to do otherwise.

The internet often provides us an illusion of connection to the real world that is quite convincing - but in the end - it is just a means to communicate and the means itself - is never the end nor capable of accessing the end.

Even if you were to find Caru Hasa's email address - do you imagine that he has not deeply considered every word Srila Prabhupada told him on this subject matter that appears to have informed his deepest desires to serve Krsna and Prabhupada from day one? I am loath to imagine that he has done otherwise.

Troubling oneself with this and similar issues appears - at least to myself - to simply generate distraction from the real opportunities to be and share KC all around us - whilst  we concern ourselves with what OTHERS are or IN OUR OPINION ONLY - are not doing correctly.

This was the reason for my saying what I did prabhu.

If you recall - in the aftermath of all the back and forth generated IN THIS FORUM on the subject of the archives - some of its members actually and by incremental steps - actually descended into  the strangest quarrels; all of which had literaly nothing to do with the archives etc.

I can see this subject matter - "what Caru Hasa should be doing" devolving quickly in the same way.

Just my opinion though.

Respectfully

Praghosa

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 12:38:59 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the tour was a very nice thing, but it still sticks in my craw that they have left 50% undone. With the effect so profound on the generations, that have come. They are, as a whole, lost to the karmi world paradigm. Frantically, unsuccessfully, dovetailing what should have been give up!

Their deity worship(show) is as always first class! Best in the world!

RCB

> > You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> > To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> > istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> > Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> > ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

> > To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

> --
> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

> --
> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

--
You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.

To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
istag...@googlegroups.com

Getting too many emails? Please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (praty...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

For more options, please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi

To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 12:44:28 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Don't take this so serious Proghosa, it's just batter back and forth this time.

As for the effect on a persons life this forum has, that to could be debated until the cows come home, lol.

I, for one, always hope to find another devotee like Bk Mark!

RCB

mark

Apr 25, 2010, 12:48:37 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Pragosha das , you claim 2 things here and I am taking you to task.

1. "not a single word expressed or written by anyone - anywhere - has
had - nor could have - the slightest impact on their program. They are
to this very day - doing exactly what they were doing prior to all
the commotion and have no reason or capacity to do otherwise."

My comment: Your opinion only, you offer no proof. And the facts in
evidence in the archives of this forum will show that at least they
have taken Pratyatosa das' advice seriously and continue to work with
him. So your opinion is proven wrong. Thanks for nothing.

2. " The internet often provides us an illusion of connection to the
real world that is quite convincing - but in the end - it is just a
means to communicate and the means itself - is never the end nor
capable of accessing the end."

My Commment: Communication is not connected to the REAL world? Ok.
Whatever. Sound Vibration is the substance that founds and permeates
the real world. The internet is a means to communicate. It helps us
CREATE the "end". It is our direct access to CREATE the end we
seek.

THE LESSON: If our goals are different from anothers, we may try to
persuade them to reject the means at their disposal to reach their
goals.

Hare Krsna

ys

B.Mark

On Apr 25, 12:19 pm, Patrick Hedemark <pdhedem...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Troubling oneself with this and similar issues appears - at least to myself - to simply generate distraction from the real opportunities to be and share KC all around us - whilst  we concern ourselves with what OTHERS are or IN OUR OPINION ONLY - are not doing correctly.
>
> This was the reason for my saying what I did prabhu.
>
> If you recall - in the aftermath of all the back and forth generated IN THIS FORUM on the subject of the archives - some of its members actually and by incremental steps - actually descended into  the strangest quarrels; all of which had literaly nothing to do with the archives etc.
>
> I can see this subject matter - "what Caru Hasa should be doing" devolving quickly in the same way.

Pratyatosa

Yahoo

Apr 25, 2010, 1:24:00 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
No worries. Now you're makin' sense! I am patient. You'll catch up.

From: Pratyatosa <praty...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:46:19 -0400

mark

Apr 25, 2010, 1:49:41 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Pragosha das, You would have got the point if you had read from the
beginning. Pratyatosa das was never, at any point, "not making
sense". You read all sorts of possible motives into his mentioning of
Caruhasa das. And when he expains that you had him wrong you tell him
that you are patient and he will catch up to you?

Sometimes your arrogance is unfathomable, depthless, and truly
unbecoming.

Your only valid and civilized original question asked "what is the
point" to which RCB replied "a mental exercise". I thought that was
good and had nothing to add.

I suppose in your 3 varna psuedo religion there is no room for the
lower classes to exercise their mind and have it dovetailed with
Bhakti yoga.

But in Srila Prabhupada's society, both the GBC AND the most qualified
local Ksatriya were both supposed to monitor activities to see that
they met the spiritual standards he set forth.

Those with something to hide (speculative deviancy) would rather not
have big brother looking in when using Srila Prabhupada's legacy to
their advantage.

Your naked attempt to chill our speech and cast doubt on our motives
is telling of your real posture. Those who have deviated since time
immemorial are beyond reproach and scrutiny, but those who are
exercising the analytical skills Srila Prabhupada wanted us to develop
for the sake of checks and balances are faux paux, "annoying", and a
waste of time.

8 forks in you today. You done yet?

hello, anybody home?

On Apr 25, 1:24 pm, "Yahoo" <pdhedem...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> No worries. Now you're makin' sense! I am patient. You'll catch up.

Greg Jay

Apr 25, 2010, 1:48:56 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
PAMHO AGTSP

I completely agree with Pragosh.

Same goes for the Alachua installation.

Whether you like it or not it is going ahead and I will be supervising it.

So whether you think the Alachua devotees and I are aparadhis or not makes no difference to us.

It's just your opinion. And you aren't doing anything but talking. At least we are doing something.

GKD

Bhakta Michael

Apr 25, 2010, 3:12:18 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Haribol Prabhus,

all glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You are right to maintain Srila Prabhupadas standards. Actually that's
the reason I joined this group, although read-only by now :)

IMHO the Little Krishna episodes surely can be considered as first
class animation movie, as near to reality as technically possible
nowadays.
They have all the bells and whistles for maintaning suspense: fluent
animation, proper background music, love even for details.
Incommensureble with cartoons from the last century.
Obviously it meets the standard for getting on air and being sold: in
India, it has been a great success when aired on Nick TV, and
broadcasting rights have been sold elsewhere, too, e.g. Brazil, so it
will make its way around the rest of the world soon, I suppose.

Admittedly, the episodes don't follow the Krishna Book chapters word
for word and sometimes mix them a bit, probably some concession to
modern screenplay.
Having read the original Krishna Book before, I can't notice any real
watering down of the philosophy as far as I have watched the episodes
by now. Crucial points are even mentioned quite evident.

The most important thing for me is that children really love to watch
it and are introduced to Krishna this way. Interest for Krishna
awakens - what could be expected more?
Even if books seem to be boring for kids nowadays, which child doesn't
like to switch on TV or screen?

Decide for yourself - for this discussion, it might be useful to
actually watch some parts of Little Krishna.
You can take a look at the full episode "Deadly Donkey", aka
Denukasura, 22 minutes, online:
http://www.evergreenentertainment.tv/projects.php#movie30
(click "view clip" in the 7th line)

BTW, Madhudvisa Prabhu finally managed to offer the Little Krishna DVD
set in his store where they can be ordered easily now:
http://krishnastore.com/little-krishna-animated-tv-series-dvd-set-h-krishna-1520.html

For me, it's definitely a great new way of promoting Krishna into ones
heart.

Hare Krishna,
Michael

On 25 Apr., 18:09, Bhaktatraveler <bhaktatrave...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your so liberal with the grade of 65%, I would have only given a hardy, solid 50% LOL.
>
> Who has seen the video, is it good enough for Prabhupada's standards? Are the concerns in these letter satisfied with the production quality?
>
> RCB
>
> ________________________________

Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 4:22:15 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com

Good to hear that the Little Krishna series is finally available on DVDs at a reasonable price.

How many total minutes is the series?

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

july9th

Apr 25, 2010, 5:15:01 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
I have just watched the clip ..

"You can take a look at the full episode "Deadly Donkey", aka
Denukasura, 22 minutes, online:
http://www.evergreenentertainment.tv/projects.php#movie30
(click "view clip" in the 7th line) "

It is very well done, also... "Little Krishna is an exciting new 3D
animation" .. So it is also very up to date to say the least.

I was staying in the Bangalore guest house in 2002. When the
construction of the studio was taking place. Unfortunately I was
staying in the floor below the studio construction site which was on
the top floor. The construction work was continual 24/7 and the
constant noise was a disturbance. However the memory of that
disturbance has been mitigated by seeing some of the the fruits which
are being produced from the now finished studio.
> set in his store where they can be ordered easily now:http://krishnastore.com/little-krishna-animated-tv-series-dvd-set-h-k...
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 5:20:03 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Very interesting. So the videos were produced right on the ISKCON Bangalore property! :-)

Was Madhu Pandit Prabhu personally supervising the construction?

How far is the guest house from the temple?

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM, july9th <july9...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have just watched the clip ..

"You can take a look at the full episode "Deadly Donkey", aka
Denukasura, 22 minutes, online:
http://www.evergreenentertainment.tv/projects.php#movie30
(click "view clip" in the 7th line) "

It is very well done, also... "Little Krishna is an exciting new 3D
animation" .. So it is also very up to date to say the least.

I was staying in the Bangalore guest house in 2002.  When the
construction of the studio was taking place.  Unfortunately I was
staying in the floor below the studio construction site which was on
the top floor.  The construction work was continual 24/7 and the
constant noise was a disturbance.  However the memory of that
disturbance has been mitigated by seeing some of the the fruits which
are being produced from the now finished studio.

mark

Apr 25, 2010, 5:25:17 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
GKD. you misunderstand our aim. We have tried to show you that the
Acarya of the asrama gave standards which are being broken by yourself
and those who have taken his asrama and temple and lead it according
to something different than what he authorized. Tried to bring you
off a shallow artificial neophyte level and give you a glimpse into
the consequences of your actions. We are talking ABC's here.

Bg 9.11 : PURPORT

"so any neophyte devotee who simply gives his attention to the arca-
mūrti, the form of the Supreme Lord in the temple, and DOES NOT
RESPECT other living entities is USELESSLY WORSHIPPING THE FORM OF THE
LORD IN THE TEMPLE. There are three kinds of devotees of the Lord, and
the neophyte is in the lowest stage. The neophyte devotee gives more
attention to the Deity in the temple than to other devotees, so Jīva
Gosvāmī warns that this sort of mentality should be corrected."

****** ******* *******

Respecting others means admitting your mistakes, when you have been
misleading whether intentionally or not. It means following orders of
your Guru. It means not changing your Guru's words. If you can't do
that, your worship is useless. Not according to my opinion either.
By the fact of your actions and Srila Prabhupada's opinion on them.

You have proved yourself all too willing to presume and claim that I
am doing "nothing but talking" and that you are "at least doing
something" implying superiority to my daily activities that you don't
have the first clue as to the nature of. Arrogant presumption. Yes
you are doing something. Being disrespectful. Presumption and
derision of another living entity. I ain't much, but at least I am a
living entity. You failed again.

You are about to go before Srila Prabhupada's murti and make a
blunder. I am not so naive that I think you all will stop. I just
thought I would warn you just for your own sake, to be on the record.
And if you don't admit to making a mistake about Ganesa worship, I
will follow through on my plan as mentioned in my last post on that
thread.

So go ahead and keep doing what you were doing. Its gonna hurt you
alot more than it will hurt me. Get a grip.

ys

B.Mark

p.s. see you at the big party.

Greg Jay

Apr 25, 2010, 5:33:21 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Everything I have quoted is from Srila Prabhupada's books.

If you want to call that a mistake then go right ahead.

GKD

july9th

Apr 25, 2010, 5:40:52 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Pratyatosa: Very interesting. So the videos were produced right on the
ISKCON Bangalore property!

answer: I don't know but they were planning this sort of production in
2002.

Pratyatosa: Was Madhu Pandit Prabhu personally supervising the
construction?

answer: I don't know what his personal involvement was in the
construction of the studio but the guest house is in the temple
compound, very close. As far as I know he monitors all activities in
the temple.
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 5:57:17 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Your misquotes do not count as a representation of Guru on the subject because you did not look deeper than the surface.

It is my opinion that you and NNV occupy the same self serving Hell. After many days of tring to get a cohesive answer from you, I must say you have had more than a slight chance to redeem yourself.

Never trust the current status quo, when the modes that conduct this planet changes, it will be time for a higher mode of nature to take over. Ignorance will be dealt with.

RCB

>>> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>>
>>> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
>>> istag...@googlegroups.com
>>
>>> Getting too many emails? Please go to:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
>>> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.
>>
>>> For more options, please go to:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi
>>
>>> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

>> --
>> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>>
>> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
>> istag...@googlegroups.com
>>
>> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
>> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

>> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

> --
> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:
> http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (praty...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.
>
> For more options, please go to:
> http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi
>
> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

--
You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.

To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
istag...@googlegroups.com

Getting too many emails? Please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (praty...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

For more options, please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi

To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

mark

Apr 25, 2010, 6:06:03 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
You quoted and then interpeted/interpolated. Thus your mistake. I
carefully dissected the anatomy of your mistake on the thread in
question to illustrate your error in a post at 6:03pm. I won't
discuss your Deity worship mistake anymore under this topic.

> read more »

Greg Jay

Apr 25, 2010, 6:06:27 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for your opinion.

GKD

Pratyatosa

mark

Apr 25, 2010, 7:03:33 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Moderator Prabhu, if you had read what I wrote, you would have seen
that I stated I would not discuss this anymore under this topic, and
referred him to my answer on the proper thread.

On Apr 25, 6:07 pm, Pratyatosa <pratyat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  This is the ‘Little Krishna’ thread. Please start a new thread.
>
> Moderator
>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM, mark <markmac...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > You  quoted and then interpeted/interpolated.  Thus your mistake.  I
> > carefully dissected the anatomy of your mistake on the thread in
> > question to illustrate your error in a post at 6:03pm.  I won't
> > discuss your Deity worship mistake anymore under this topic.
>
> --
> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 7:54:45 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Oh. Sorry.

BTW, I'm downloading the last of 13 Rapidshare "Little Krishna" files right now. Then maybe I'll be able to see for myself how good they are.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM, mark <markm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Moderator Prabhu, if you had read what I wrote, you would have seen
that I stated I would not discuss this anymore under this topic, and
referred him to my answer on the proper thread.

mark

Apr 25, 2010, 8:10:13 PM4/25/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Wish I had a faster connection. I would love to see them myself.

On Apr 25, 7:54 pm, Pratyatosa <pratyat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh. Sorry.
>
> BTW, I'm downloading the last of 13 Rapidshare "Little Krishna" files right
> now. Then maybe I'll be able to see for myself how good they are.
>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM, mark <markmac...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Moderator Prabhu, if you had read what I wrote, you would have seen
> > that I stated I would not discuss this anymore under this topic, and
> > referred him to my answer on the proper thread.
>
> --
> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

larry freeman p

Apr 25, 2010, 8:18:50 PM4/25/10
to ista gosthi
the 22 minute film of KRSNA/Dhenusura was terrific.

Please share any more of these.

thank you

From: praty...@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:54:45 -0400
To: istag...@googlegroups.com

Pratyatosa

Apr 25, 2010, 8:40:29 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Here are the Little Krishna files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/346949153/backupbinrpc_2.avi.001
http://rapidshare.com/files/346957464/backupbinrpc_2.avi.002
http://rapidshare.com/files/346963529/backupbinrpc_2.avi.003
http://rapidshare.com/files/346971402/backupbinrpc_2.avi.004
http://rapidshare.com/files/346977041/backupbinrpc_2.avi.005
http://rapidshare.com/files/346985747/backupbinrpc_2.avi.006
http://rapidshare.com/files/346991554/backupbinrpc_2.avi.007
http://rapidshare.com/files/347001498/backupbinrpc_2.avi.008
http://rapidshare.com/files/347007565/backupbinrpc_2.avi.009
http://rapidshare.com/files/347017043/backupbinrpc_2.avi.010
http://rapidshare.com/files/347022193/backupbinrpc_2.avi.011
http://rapidshare.com/files/347031281/backupbinrpc_2.avi.012
http://rapidshare.com/files/347035306/backupbinrpc_2.avi.013

After I downloaded all 13 of them, I used FFSJ-Lite to join them into one big (1.16GB) .avi file. I tried praying it with VLC Media Player and BS.Player. Both worked perfectly. The resolution is 720x576.

It's obviously not all 3 DVDs because it is only 94 minutes long. It says that the executive producers are Madhu Pandit Dasa and Rajesh Sawhney.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:10 PM, mark <markm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Wish I had a faster connection.  I would love to see them myself.

Just download them one at a time in the background. It may take a day or two or three, but eventually you'll get them all.

Ys, Ptd

Bhaktatraveler

Apr 25, 2010, 9:17:24 PM4/25/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
I watched from Youtube just now. Personally I like to see Krsna on film, but am not impressed with the animation. I just got the movie Avatara, that had better animation. I only say this as a matter of OPINION and not anything else. Two of my sons disagree with me and say it is better than I think.

That Krsna is there make all the difference. That much I like and applaud those devotees results

RCB

Wish I had a faster connection.  I would love to see them myself.

On Apr 25, 7:54 pm, Pratyatosa <pratyat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh. Sorry.
>
> BTW, I'm downloading the last of 13 Rapidshare "Little Krishna" files right
> now. Then maybe I'll be able to see for myself how good they are.
>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM, mark <markmac...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Moderator Prabhu, if you had read what I wrote, you would have seen
> > that I stated I would not discuss this anymore under this topic, and
> > referred him to my answer on the proper thread.
>
> --
> You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.
>
> To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
> istag...@googlegroups.com
>
> Getting too many emails? Please go to:http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
> ... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (pratyat...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

> To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

--
You have received this email message because you are a member of the Google Prabhupadanuga group.

To post to our group for all the world to see, please send an email to:
istag...@googlegroups.com

Getting too many emails? Please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi/subscribe
... and change your email settings, or request Pratyatosa Dasa (praty...@gmail.com) to change your settings for you.

For more options, please go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/istagosthi

To cancel your membership, please send an email to:

larry freeman p

Apr 25, 2010, 9:59:20 PM4/25/10
to ista gosthi
Avatar was able to spend many millions of dollars on technical effects;

comparing them on that basis;

the KRSNA film gets 'better' results for each dollar spent.

Anything in 'this' material world, maya, is a reflection of the spiritual world.

The reason Avatar is the most successful film in history,

 because it is a reflection of blue KRSNA

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:17:24 -0700
From: bhaktat...@yahoo.com
To: istag...@googlegroups.com

Bhakta Michael

Apr 26, 2010, 1:47:15 PM4/26/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Haribol dear Pratyatosa Prabhu,

all glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Thanks for your kind welcome.

DVD 1 is 1:24h, DVD 2 is 1:20h and DVD 3 is 1:34h long.

Hare Krishna,
Michael

On 25 Apr., 22:22, Pratyatosa <pratyat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good to hear that the Little Krishna series is finally available on DVDs at
> a reasonable price<http://krishnastore.com/little-krishna-animated-tv-series-dvd-set-h-k...>
> .
>
> How many total minutes is the series?

july9th

Apr 26, 2010, 6:42:29 PM4/26/10
to Prabhupadanuga
The following is an interesting quote which echoes Srila Prabhupada's
concerns which he expressed in his letter, posted previously.
That being that people may take Krishna as being a mythological
figure.
Personally I thought it was well made but will Krishna now become like
Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Popeye, Superman etc?

"In Iran, in August of '76, Jnanagamya was keen on making a
commercial, full-scale movie, with a budget of millions of dollars, to
popularize the movement. His idea was to show a scenario that included
the devotees, so that people could see how devotees lived and
appreciate the devotees' lifestyle. Prabhupada wasn't very keen about
it. Jnanagamya brought up five or six different angles, to get a "Yes"
from Prabhupada, but Prabhupada would not endorse it at all.
Prabhupada dismissed the idea. Prabhupada said, "For the kind of money
that you would spend on such a film, how many books could you
distribute? I have personal experience in spending so much money and
getting practically no result. When I first went to New York, I put a
classified ad in the New York Times. One small ad, which ran for one
or two days, cost me so much money, and I had practically no money. I
got three responses from that ad, and none of them bought my books. It
was a waste."
Of course in India you can make movies about Krishna, and they've done
it often, but they tend to focus on Krishna's pastimes with the gopis.
When we were in Bhuvaneshwar, in late January and early February of
'77, two or three moviemakers came. They told Srila Prabhupada that
they were making a movie and that they wanted to popularize Krishna's
pastimes. They said, "Hare Krishna is becoming popular, and we want
everybody to know about Krishna. We want to show Krishna's Vrindavan
pastimes.
Since you are the guru of the Hare Krishna movement, we would like to
get your blessings for making this movie, and in the movie we'd also
like to offer you our humble thanks for popularizing Krishna's
pastimes." Prabhupada immediately told them, "No." Prabhupada said,
"Why do you immediately jump to Krishna's pastimes from the Tenth
Canto? Nobody will understand. They will take it as mythology when
Krishna kills the Trinavarta whirlwind demon or whatever other
pastimes." They said, "But, Swamiji, everybody in India is a Krishna
bhakta."
As it happens, the evening before, Prabhupada had had a conversation
with an educated Indian man who asked, "Who is Krishna? " Prabhupada
had been shocked and chastised that man, saying, "You are born in
India and you do not know who Krishna is?" Prabhupada mentioned this
conversation in his evening lecture also by saying, "Here we are in
Bharatabhumi, but now people are so degraded that they're asking, 'Who
is Krishna?'"
So when these film makers said, "Oh but, Swamiji, in India everybody's
a Krishna bhakta," Prabhupada said, "You say that they're Krishna
bhaktas, but last night a guest asked me, 'Who is Krishna?'" Then
Prabhupada said, "Why don't you first make a movie of the First Canto
and then go progressively through the Bhagavatam and do the Tenth
Canto at the end?" But, of course, they wanted the Tenth Canto,
Krishna with the gopis, and they were simply trying to capitalize on
Prabhupada's popularity by advertising, "Oh, this movie is approved by
Bhaktivedanta Swami." But they could not get an endorsement from Srila
Prabhupada. Prabhupada would not budge an inch even after they brought
up various arguments for about a half an hour. Prabhupada said, "If
you make one movie of the First Canto, then we'll see." "

(Tape 17: Hari Sauri das - The Memories Series)

On Apr 26, 2:17 am, Bhaktatraveler <bhaktatrave...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I watched from Youtube just now. Personally I like to see Krsna on film, but am not impressed with the animation. I just got the movie Avatara, that had better animation. I only say this as a matter of OPINION and not anything else. Two of my sons disagree with me and say it is better than I think.
>
> That Krsna is there make all the difference. That much I like and applaud those devotees results
>
> RCB
>
> ________________________________

Pratyatosa

Apr 26, 2010, 7:53:32 PM4/26/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Bhakta Michael <google.b...@xoxy.net> wrote:
Haribol dear Pratyatosa Prabhu,

all glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Thanks for your kind welcome.

DVD 1 is 1:24h, DVD 2 is 1:20h and DVD 3 is 1:34h long.

Great! Thanks.

In other words, 84, 80, and 94 minutes, for a grand total of 258 minutes.

Which DVD is the 22 minute clip on:

http://www.evergreenentertainment.tv/projects.php#movie30

... from?

Do the DVDs include subtitles?

Ys, Ptd

John Hanton

Apr 26, 2010, 8:07:40 PM4/26/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Cannot play these files neither on XP nor windows 7

From: praty...@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:40:29 -0400
To: istag...@googlegroups.com

Sean Hartigan

Apr 26, 2010, 8:10:34 PM4/26/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com

Pratyatosa

Apr 26, 2010, 8:12:18 PM4/26/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Before you can play them, you have to download all 13 and then use FFSJ-Lite to join them into one big (1.16GB) .avi file.

Pratyatosa

Apr 27, 2010, 5:09:56 AM4/27/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
The Making Of Little Krishna (29:19):

http://rapidshare.com/files/346916153/bbackupbinrpc.avi.001
http://rapidshare.com/files/346928917/bbackupbinrpc.avi.002
http://rapidshare.com/files/346932920/bbackupbinrpc.avi.003
http://rapidshare.com/files/346944056/bbackupbinrpc.avi.004

Fascinating!

Before you can play them, you have to download all 4 files and then use FFSJ-Lite to join them into one big (336MB) .avi file.

Pratyatosa

Apr 27, 2010, 10:50:08 AM4/27/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Not only fascinating, but very impressive!

Bhakta Michael

Apr 27, 2010, 3:22:42 PM4/27/10

On 27 Apr., 01:53, Pratyatosa <pratyat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which DVD is the 22 minute clip on:
>
> http://www.evergreenentertainment.tv/projects.php#movie30
>
> ... from?

It's from DVD 3, as episode 3 there.

> Do the DVDs include subtitles?

Yes they do, English and Hindi subtitles.

Hare Krishna,
Michael

Pratyatosa

Apr 27, 2010, 3:35:31 PM4/27/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
That means the the DVD that I downloaded is DVD #3, which makes sense, because they are both 94 minutes long.

I downloading another one right now. So far, I've downloaded 5 out of 12 files.

Bhakta Michael Prabhu, do you know how to rip the subtitles from DVDs to SRT files?

Ys, Ptd

Pratyatosa.com

Apr 27, 2010, 10:25:12 PM4/27/10
to Prabhupadanuga
The DVD that I downloaded is "Little Krishna - The Wondrous Feats"
Doesn't that make it #2?

On Apr 27, 3:35 pm, Pratyatosa <pratyat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That means the the DVD that I downloaded is DVD #3, which makes sense,
> because they are both 94 minutes long.

Pratyatosa

Apr 27, 2010, 10:36:12 PM4/27/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com

Pratyatosa

Apr 28, 2010, 9:56:34 AM4/28/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Use WinRAR to uncompress into one big (370MB) .avi file (no password needed).

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Pratyatosa <praty...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not only fascinating, but very impressive!
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:09 AM, Pratyatosa <praty...@gmail.com> wrote:
The Making of Little Krishna (26:40):
Before you can play them, you have to download all 4 files and then use FFSJ-Lite to join them into one big (336MB) .avi file.

Ys, Ptd

Bhakta Michael

Apr 28, 2010, 12:04:55 PM4/28/10
to Prabhupadanuga
Haribol dear Pratyatosa Prabhu,

all glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Sorry, I confused DVD #2 and #3, as they have no numbers on it.

So "Deadly Donkey" actually is on DVD #2 "Little Krishna - The
Wondrous Feats" episode 3.

Hare Krishna,
Michael