kalatope id al140311b

Skip to the first unread message

Alok Mahendroo

14 Mar 2011, 12:20:41 pm14/03/11

14 Mar 2011, 12:26:28 pm14/03/11

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

14 Mar 2011, 3:15:57 pm14/03/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Veronica polita  as said by Gurcharan ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

JM Garg

25 Feb 2019, 10:12:44 am25/02/19
to efloraofindia
DSCN5741.jpg
DSCN5744.jpg

J.M. Garg

25 Feb 2019, 10:15:23 am25/02/19
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, GurcharanSingh
Some feedback:
"Not being a member of your group, can I mention this item, which I passed by in googling something -
Doesn't look to me at all like Veronica polita, but rather Veronica hederifolia.
I'd be grateful if you could add this to the thread for clarity, given the comments there.
Cheers,
David
(Edinburgh)"

Thanks a lot, David ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

DSCN5741.jpg
DSCN5744.jpg

J.M. Garg

25 Feb 2019, 10:16:16 am25/02/19
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, GurcharanSingh, Ushadi micromini
Gargji
he might be right
i searched images
usha di

DSCN5741.jpg
DSCN5744.jpg

Bubai Bera

25 Feb 2019, 10:31:00 am25/02/19
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, Gurcharan Singh, Ushadi micromini
Veronica hederifolia

Thanks
Bubai

J.M. Garg

1 Mar 2019, 9:39:46 pm01/03/19
to efloraofindia, Alok Mahendroo, GurcharanSingh, Ushadi micromini
Thanks, Bubai ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

1 Mar 2019, 10:53:02 pm01/03/19
to efloraofindia
As per Pennell Scrophulariaceae of Western Himalayas, V. hederifolia does not grow in Himalayas, it has very long pedicels longer than leaves, deeply cordate bracts, he described Himalayan plant as V. stewartii with shorter pedicels, ovate, ciliate with long hairs and leaves usually 3-lobed. I have herbarium specimens which I will upload separately.
Veronica hederifolia

Thanks
Bubai

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Gurcharan Singh

1 Mar 2019, 10:54:45 pm01/03/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alok Mahendroo, Ushadi micromini
As per Pennell Scrophulariaceae of Western Himalayas, V. hederifolia does not grow in Himalayas, it has very long pedicels longer than leaves, deeply cordate bracts, he described Himalayan plant as V. stewartii with shorter pedicels, ovate, ciliate with long hairs and leaves usually 3-lobed. I have herbarium specimens which I will upload separately.
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

2 Mar 2019, 7:15:13 am02/03/19
to GurcharanSingh, efloraofindia, Alok Mahendroo, Ushadi micromini, Bubai Bera
Thanks, Singh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

3 Mar 2019, 1:53:53 am03/03/19
to J.M. Garg, David Merrick, efloraofindia, Alok Mahendroo, Ushadi micromini, Bubai Bera
After looking at keys and text supplied by Mr. David, and other sources, I agree this Veronica from Kalatope is indeed V. hederifolia. perhaps new for our database.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

J.M. Garg

4 Mar 2019, 11:51:21 pm04/03/19
to GurcharanSingh, David Merrick, efloraofindia, Alok Mahendroo, Ushadi micromini, Bubai Bera
Thanks, Singh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

JM Garg

26 Mar 2023, 6:07:56 am26/03/23
to efloraofindia
DSCN5741.jpg
DSCN5744.jpg

J.M. Garg

26 Mar 2023, 6:11:35 am26/03/23
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, GurcharanSingh, TAFA
I think these images are also of V. stewartii as per images and discussions at Is it some Veronica species?

26 Mar 2023, 10:43:57 am26/03/23
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Garg ji,
Seems close
Wish there was more info about size of flower and length of pedicel in fruit.
Regards
Taffazull

J.M. Garg

26 Mar 2023, 11:20:20 am26/03/23