Jangli lahsun

Alok Goyal

Jul 4, 2011, 7:13:47 AM7/4/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hallo all

Can any one please tell me the correct identity of a plant called Jangali Lahsun. According to me the name is Crinum defixum. however, on chemical tests the plant which we have collected from Bihar and Jharkhand region is not giving a proper test for the presence of chemicals reported in literature for crinum defixum. that means the identity is wrong for the plant on our part.

if it is crinum defixum only, where can i fiond the plant in the region of North India like Himacha pradesh or can any one please guide me to a seller who sells this plant in market. the bulbs are used for the analysis purpose and we need the bulbs only....

please help..

Alok

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 4, 2011, 8:30:42 AM7/4/11
to Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alok ji
If you are working with the plant, you must be having flowering specimens, photograph or herbarium. Crinum can;t be confused with species of Allium (some may be called as Jungli lassun). Perhaps if you send photographs some of us may be able to identify.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jul 4, 2011, 10:27:56 AM7/4/11
to efloraofindia
If you are sure about Crinum defixum Ker-Gawl which is now Crinum
viviparum Ansari& Nair, then this is a plant that grows on the rocky
beds of rivers in peninsular India. I have a few plants in my
collection and I can spare one for you. Regards, Shrikant

On Jul 4, 5:30 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Alok ji
> If you are working with the plant, you must be having flowering specimens,
> photograph or herbarium. Crinum can;t be confused with species of Allium
> (some may be called as Jungli lassun). Perhaps if you send photographs some
> of us may be able to identify.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Alok Goyal <alok12...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hallo all
>
> > Can any one please tell me the correct identity of a plant called Jangali
> > Lahsun. According to me the name is *Crinum defixum*. however, on chemical
> > tests the plant which we have collected from Bihar and Jharkhand region is
> > not giving a proper test for the presence of chemicals reported in
> > literature for crinum defixum. that means the identity is wrong for the
> > plant on our part.
>
> > if it is crinum defixum only, where can i fiond the plant in the region of
> > North India like Himacha pradesh or can any one please guide me to a seller
> > who sells this plant in market. the bulbs are used for the analysis purpose
> > and we need the bulbs only....
>
> > please help..
>
> > Alok- Hide quoted text -

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2011, 5:25:18 AM10/16/11
to efloraofindia, Pinki, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Dear Alok ji

If you are working with the plant, you must be having flowering specimens, photograph or herbarium. Crinum can;t be confused with species of Allium (some may be called as Jungli lassun). Perhaps if you send photographs some of us may be able to identify.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“If you are sure about Crinum defixum Ker-Gawl which is now Crinum viviparum Ansari& Nair, then this is a plant that grows on the rocky beds of rivers in peninsular India. I have a few plants in my collection and I can spare one for you. Regards, Shrikant”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1725 members & 85,000 messages on 30/9/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species).

J.M. Garg

Oct 19, 2011, 8:58:06 AM10/19/11
to efloraofindia, Pinki, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
"Hallo All

i am looking for a plant called Crinum defixum....the information for which
is available on the following link.....

http://www.indianetzone.com/38/kandali_plant.htm

i need the bulbs of this plant in a substantial amount (~50kg fresh weight).
can anyone from Uttarakhand (preferably) or west bengal or any other state
of peninsular India (preferred locations by this plant) help me collect the
amount....

the problem is that some work was taken up on this plant by one of the PhD
students at our institute (NIPER) but it so happened that the specimen which
he collected seems to be fake and is not giving any results on the chemical
analysis front.....his work is suffering...

can anyone please help...

Alok"