Gagea elegans

J.M. Garg

Sep 8, 2009, 10:37:58 PM9/8/09
to indiantreepix
I hope the Id is correct. I have only this picture taken on 10/5/07 during Sar Pass Trek in Himachal.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Gagea elegans in Kullu distt, HP I IMG_7211 .jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 9, 2009, 7:09:46 AM9/9/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Probably yes at this stage, but beeter pictures are needed. It is a difficult genus.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

J.M. Garg

Oct 5, 2009, 4:34:35 AM10/5/09
to indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify
Hi, Singh ji & others,
Is it now the same plant i.e. Gagea lutea (Synonyms: Ornithogalum luteum, Gagea indica, Gagea elegans) as per link:

J.M. Garg

Nov 2, 2009, 11:17:28 AM11/2/09
to indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Tabish

Tabish

Nov 2, 2009, 11:31:49 AM11/2/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Garg ji,
Gagea lutea is the accepted name as per Kew World Checklist:
http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/synonomy.do?accepted_id=307312&repSynonym_id=283626&name_id=307312&status=true
IPNI doesn't seem to be very clear in mentioning the status of
names.
- Tabish

On Nov 2, 9:17 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Tabish ji,
> *Gagea lutea* (*Synonyms:* *Ornithogalum luteum*, *Gagea indica*, *Gagea
> elegans*) as per FOI link:http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Yellow%20Star%20of%20Bet...
>  (FOI)
>
> *I think the current name is Gagea fascicularis Salisb. as details from APNI
> as below:
> *
> Howeverhttp://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/2cf...
> (APNI-  *Gagea elegans Wall. *=*fascicularis)*
>
> http://www.ipni.org/ipni/idPlantNameSearch.do;jsessionid=E8FD7603CE1F...
> (APNI-
> *Gagea* *lutea* Ker
> Gawl.<http://www.ipni.org/ipni/idAuthorSearch.do?id=12602-1&back_page=%2Fip...>=
> *fascicularis)*
> **http://www.ipni.org/ipni/idPlantNameSearch.do?id=535513-1&back_page=%...
> (APNI-
> *Gagea* *fascicularis* Salisb.)
>
> 2009/10/5 J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>
>

> > Hi, Singh ji & others,
> > Is it now the same plant i.e. *Gagea lutea* (*Synonyms:* *Ornithogalum
> > luteum*, *Gagea indica*, *Gagea elegans*) as per link:
>
> >http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Yellow%20Star%20of%20Bet...
> >  (FOI)
>
> > 2009/9/9 J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>
>
> > I hope the Id is correct. I have only this picture taken on 10/5/07 during
> >> Sar Pass Trek in Himachal.
> >> --
> >> With regards,
> >> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> >> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> >> Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
> >> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
> >>http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> >> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group-
> >> Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
> > --
> > With regards,
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
> > (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> > For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1

J.M. Garg

Nov 2, 2009, 11:49:07 AM11/2/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh-sify
Thanks, Tabish ji.

Which one to follow APNI, which shows Gagea fascicularis Salisb. as current accepted name with Gagea lutea Ker Gawl. as syn. as per details in my previous reply. APNI shows current accepted name by making = sign for the checked species.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 2, 2009, 1:01:43 PM11/2/09
to J.M. Garg, Tabish, indiantreepix
Garg ji
Firstly I think we should not much importance to IPNI  results, which they are not frequently upldated

Secondly Gagea fascicularis is a nomen superfluum and can't be used as correct name.

Thirdly Gagea lutea is based on Ornithogalum luteum L., 1753, which antedates G. fascicularis Salisb., 1806, even if it was not nomen superfluum.

Although date of publication of combination Gagea lutea (L.) Kerl Gawl, is 1809, the basionym Ornithogalum luteum L. gets priority in deciding final name.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45
Nov 2, 2009, 10:11:08 PM11/2/09
to Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot, Singh ji.

2009/11/2 Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com>

--
With regards,

JM Garg

Sep 5, 2019, 2:26:52 AM9/5/19
to efloraofindia
I think difficult to arrive any id with this image.
Gagea elegans in Kullu distt, HP I IMG_7211 .jpg