Convolvulaceae for id from Tirupati-280111-1

Balkar Arya

Jan 28, 2011, 9:21:37 AM1/28/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Members
pls id this Creeper shot near Border of AP/Tamilnadu along road side.
it was spreaded over there from dry area of roadside to low lying waterlogged area. During my visit to so many places in Chittoor Dist of AP and Chennai this plant was observed only at this place

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Balkar Arya

Jan 28, 2011, 9:25:18 AM1/28/11
to indiantreepix
Sorry pics attached here
tn_IMG_2151.JPG
tn_IMG_2146.JPG
tn_IMG_2147.JPG
tn_IMG_2148.JPG
tn_IMG_2149.JPG
tn_IMG_2150.JPG
tn_IMG_2160.JPG
tn_IMG_2158.JPG
tn_IMG_2159.JPG

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Feb 10, 2011, 9:38:43 AM2/10/11
to efloraofindia
>  tn_IMG_2151.JPG
> 66KViewDownload
>
>  tn_IMG_2146.JPG
> 56KViewDownload
>
>  tn_IMG_2147.JPG
> 103KViewDownload
>
>  tn_IMG_2148.JPG
> 90KViewDownload
>
>  tn_IMG_2149.JPG
> 102KViewDownload
>
>  tn_IMG_2150.JPG
> 65KViewDownload
>
>  tn_IMG_2160.JPG
> 152KViewDownload
>
>  tn_IMG_2158.JPG
> 171KViewDownload
>
>  tn_IMG_2159.JPG
> 134KViewDownload

Hello,

I have an impression regarding the plant posted and it looks quite
like Ipomoea asarifolia , of which the common name in English is
Ginger-Leaf Morning Glory...

Ipomoea asarifolia can have a variable leaf shape that can range from
the rounded ginger-leaf share to the more somewhat pointy cordate.

The plant here could be Ipomoea asarifolia and the main aspect that
causes me doubt is the structure of the peduncle as seen in photo
2147.

I hope my observations may help lead to a more definitive
identification.

regards,

Ron

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Feb 10, 2011, 9:42:44 AM2/10/11
to efloraofindia
Ipomoea asarifolia can present as upright , semi-upright and / or as a
trailer depending on genetic strain and local environmental
conditions.

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Feb 10, 2011, 9:54:07 AM2/10/11
to efloraofindia

On Feb 10, 9:38 am, Ron_Convolvulaceae <and...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Ipomoea asarifolia can present as upright , semi-upright and / or as a trailer depending on genetic variation and local environmental conditions , closely resembling the variant forms of
> Ipomoea carnea.
>
> The plant here could be Ipomoea asarifolia and the main aspect that
> causes me doubt is the structure of the peduncle as seen in photo
> 2147 which seems to have a different type of angulation than what I have seen as per I.asarifolia , although the photo may be presenting an artifact based on the angle of the camera view.

Balkar Arya

Feb 10, 2011, 7:28:38 PM2/10/11
to Ron_Convolvulaceae, efloraofindia
Thanks Ron Ji for such a detailed analysis

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Feb 12, 2011, 1:14:08 AM2/12/11
to efloraofindia
Hello,

I think it may be of value to compare the plant in this thread
with the unidentified Ipomoea in the following thread here
efloraofindia:61534] Flora of Andaman30 - 100111-PKA1
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/abbaf2e7b2f361b1/e372a2a0e2c0276d?hl=en

regards,

Ron

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2011, 11:41:07 PM5/20/11
to efloraofindia, Ron_Convolvulaceae, Balkar Arya, Prashant awale, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“ I have an impression regarding the plant posted and it looks quite

like Ipomoea asarifolia , of which the common name in English is
Ginger-Leaf Morning Glory...

Ipomoea asarifolia can have a variable leaf shape that can range from
the rounded ginger-leaf share to the more somewhat pointy cordate.

The plant here could be Ipomoea asarifolia and the main aspect that

causes me doubt is the structure of the peduncle as seen in photo

2147.

I hope my observations may help lead to a more definitive
identification.

regards,

Ron”

“Ipomoea asarifolia can present as upright , semi-upright and / or as a

trailer depending on genetic strain and local environmental

conditions.” from Ron ji.

“  I think it may be of value to compare the plant in this thread

with the unidentified Ipomoea in the following thread

here

regards,

Ron”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 69,000 messages on 30/4/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

tn_IMG_2151.JPG
tn_IMG_2146.JPG
tn_IMG_2147.JPG
tn_IMG_2148.JPG
tn_IMG_2149.JPG
tn_IMG_2150.JPG
tn_IMG_2160.JPG
tn_IMG_2158.JPG
tn_IMG_2159.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 26, 2011, 4:25:44 AM8/26/11
to efloraofindia, and...@optonline.net, sheetal chaudhari, Balkar Arya, npba...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, brsp...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, sasib...@gmail.com
[...]

Ipomoea asarifolia can present as upright , semi-upright and / or as a trailer depending on genetic strain and local environmental conditions.” from Ron ji.

“I think it may be of value to compare the plant in this thread with the unidentified Ipomoea in the following thread
here efloraofindia:61534] Flora of Andaman30 - 100111-PKA1
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/abbaf2e7b2f361b1/e372a2a0e2c0276d?hl=en
regards,
Ron”

Aug 10, 2021, 8:38:52 AM8/10/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Ipomoea sagittifolia ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 10, 2021, 8:39:32 AM8/10/21
to indiantreepix
Aug 19, 2021, 2:23:57 AM8/19/21
to efloraofindia
tn_IMG_2151.JPG
tn_IMG_2146.JPG
tn_IMG_2147.JPG
tn_IMG_2148.JPG
tn_IMG_2149.JPG
tn_IMG_2150.JPG
tn_IMG_2160.JPG
tn_IMG_2158.JPG
tn_IMG_2159.JPG

dr.rakesh Singh

Aug 20, 2021, 10:01:47 AM8/20/21
to efloraofindia
I think I have replied to this post already .