2011.0 Artwork: voting starts now

Yuval Levy

Feb 26, 2011, 1:25:15 PM2/26/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

You will find at [0] images of the candidates for the splash screen / about
menu of the upcoming Hugin 2011.0, as well as a link to vote for your
favorite.

Rules and the detailed description of the entries are at [1].

Voting is open now and will stay open during the beta phase of the release
cycle. Voting will close a couple of days before the end of the beta phase
and the splash screen will be integrated into the first release candidate.

Entries are still accepted until the first beta release but late entrants
acknowledge that voting has already started and accept that other entrants'
artwork may have already received some votes.

Yuv

[0] <http://www.photopla.net/hugin/2011.0.artwork.html>
[1] <http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/t/2c24c7938309a241>

signature.asc

David Haberthür

Feb 27, 2011, 10:02:34 AM2/27/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Yuv.

On 26.02.2011, at 19:25, Yuval Levy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You will find at [0] images of the candidates for the splash screen / about
> menu of the upcoming Hugin 2011.0, as well as a link to vote for your
> favorite.
>
> Rules and the detailed description of the entries are at [1].
>
> Voting is open now and will stay open during the beta phase of the release
> cycle. Voting will close a couple of days before the end of the beta phase
> and the splash screen will be integrated into the first release candidate.

Thanks for setting this up. I was just wondering if - for voting - we don't need any names associated with the entries, so people vote freely.
And if we need the names, I'd like you to change my name do "David Haberthuer" instead of "David Habertuehr" :)

Habi

Yuval Levy

Feb 27, 2011, 10:29:34 AM2/27/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hoi Habi,

On February 27, 2011 10:02:34 am David Haberthür wrote:
> Thanks for setting this up. I was just wondering if - for voting - we don't
> need any names associated with the entries, so people vote freely.

Good point for the next iteration. But then entries should not be made in
public in the first place [0].

There are a few other T&C issues (e.g. multiple entries per person) that need
to be refined/addressed, but I rather let this iteration complete as-is for
now (we're doing well), then do a post-mortem analysis and make changes for
the next iteration.

> "David Haberthuer" instead of "David Habertuehr" :)

Sorry for the typo! Fixed (while waiting for a test build on the way to the
2011.0beta1 release). It is actually a file name that was mis-spelled by
myself and propagated. All I had to do was to rename the file and run the
script again. The file name has no influence on the voting.

Keep on voting!
Yuv

[0] http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/t/2c24c7938309a241

signature.asc