Call for contributions: 2011.0 artwork

Yuval Levy

Jan 9, 2011, 2:53:29 PM1/9/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi artists,

I would like to introduce a new element of artwork and associate every new
Hugin release with a panorama to be integrated into the splash-screen logo.
For an example, see attachment.

Requirements:
* approximate form factor 3:1 to fit the logo as depicted (or: a different
form factor, but you provide a 3:1 crop for the logo).
* must have been stitched with Hugin.
* full size version will be licensed under CC-BY-SA [0] prior to integration
in Hugin.

The artist will be duly credited. Hopefully we'll see the artwork on T-shirts
and mugs; and maybe the artist will be interviewed by magazines.

This call for entries will stay open until the first beta release.

If you would like to enter your artwork as a candidate for 2011.0, please add
it to this thread with the following information:
1. Title
2. Date
3. Description
4. Original Size (in pixels)
5. A 1000px wide jpg thumbnail of the full artwork as attachment
6. If the artwork is to be cropped, a 1000px wide 3:1 crop as attachment
7. Optional: further details such as the number of shots stitched, a
description of your gear, process, software; anything else

Do not comment, discuss or vote on entries here. A voting facility will be
set up and announced in due time.

Looking forward for your contributed artwork.
Yuv

[0] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/

path5640.png
signature.asc

Franck Barbenoire

Jan 9, 2011, 4:48:50 PM1/9/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

here my proposition :-)

1) Lac de la Glère (France)
2) may 2004
3) this is an high altitude lake in the French Pyrenées mountains (alt 2103
m). the picture has been shot from the Glère refuge at 4:00pm.
4) original size (not cropped) 10237 x 2215
5) picture attached (thumb_full.jpg)
6) picture attached (thumb_cropped.jpg)
7) 10 pictures stiched together using Hugin, of course.
At that time I had not pano head and use a self made alu device.
Taken with a Nikon 4300.
Size of the individual pictures : 2272x1704

Franck

PS :
If you like spherical panos :
http://www.franck-barbenoire.fr/spip.php?article122

thumb_cropped.jpg
thumb_full.jpg

Jeff

Jan 27, 2011, 2:57:25 PM1/27/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Here's my entry:
1. A Seattle Sunset
2. 26 December 2009
3. This panorama is a view of downtown Seattle, Washington, USA, featuring the Space Needle and Mt. Rainier in the background. The pictures were taken on an exceptionally rare cloudless winter day, close to sunset, from Queen Anne Hill.
4. 9690x3300 (full size), 5163x1721 for the crop
5. see SeatteSunsetPanoFull.jpg
6. see SeattleSunsetPanoCropped.jpg
7. I shot the images raw with my Canon Rebel XT with the kit 18-55mm lens @ 55mm. I used a tripod and ball joint tripod head with the camera oriented vertically. I wasn't worried about parallax error since the subject was so far away. From the raw files I extracted three exposures for some pseudo-HDR fun. I fused the three exposures using Tofuse (I also tried Enfuse, but liked the results from Tofuse just a little bit more) and stitched with Hugin, of course. The original used seven images.

-Jeff
SeattleSunsetPanoCropped.jpg
SeattleSunsetPanoFull.jpg

Jeff Boyd

Jan 27, 2011, 1:25:20 PM1/27/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Here's my entry:
1. A Seattle Sunset
2. 26 December 2009
3. This panorama is a view of downtown Seattle, Washington, USA, featuring the Space Needle and Mt. Rainier in the background. The pictures were taken on an exceptionally rare cloudless winter day, close to sunset, from Queen Anne Hill.
4. 9690x3300 (full size), 5163x1721 for the crop
5. see SeatteSunsetPanoFull.jpg
6. see SeattleSunsetPanoCropped.jpg
7. I shot the images raw with my Canon Rebel XT with the kit 18-55mm lens @ 55mm. I used a tripod and ball joint tripod head with the camera oriented vertically. I wasn't worried about parallax error since the subject was so far away. From the raw files I extracted three exposures for some pseudo-HDR fun. I fused the three exposures using Tofuse (I also tried enfuse, but liked the results from Tofuse just a little bit more)  and stitched with Hugin, of course. The original used seven images and at the full resolution, you can see some airplanes in the sky.

-Jeff

 path5640.png
383KViewDownload

 signature.asc
< 1KViewDownload

SeattleSunsetPanoCropped.jpg
SeattleSunsetPanoFull.jpg

David Haberthür

Feb 4, 2011, 10:53:05 AM2/4/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Yuv

> If you would like to enter your artwork as a candidate for 2011.0, please add
> it to this thread with the following information:

1: Þingvellir (yes with that weird character :)
2: July 30, 2010
3: View towards Þingvellir, an UNESCO World Heritage Site in Iceland
4: 8894 x 3275, http://www.flickr.com/photos/habi/4965875612/sizes/s/
5: see attachment
6:
7: Six handheld portrait images, shot with a Sigma 18-50 mm on a Nikon D80, dropped into hugin. Done.

thingvellir.jpg

David Haberthür

Feb 4, 2011, 10:57:23 AM2/4/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Yuv

> If you would like to enter your artwork as a candidate for 2011.0, please add
> it to this thread with the following information:

1: Gurten, looking towards the Mountains
2: December 26, 2010
3: On the backyard mountain of Bern, the Gurten, during a perfect wintery day
4: 9840 x 2345, http://www.flickr.com/photos/habi/5296232391/sizes/z/
5: see attachment
6:
7: 3*10 handheld portrait images, shot with a Sigma 18-50 mm on a Nikon D80, dropped into hugin. I've shot positions with 3 exposures each, and let enfuse figure out what to do best.

gurten.jpg

David Haberthür

Feb 4, 2011, 11:01:11 AM2/4/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Yuv

> If you would like to enter your artwork as a candidate for 2011.0, please add
> it to this thread with the following information:

1: Fafleralp
2: October 10, 2010 in
3: View towards the Breithorn in the Valais in Switzerland, during a wonderful hike in the autumnal woods
4: 9000 x 2213, http://www.flickr.com/photos/habi/5068497939/sizes/l/
5: see attachment
6:
7: Handheld panorama from 18 images (6*3 Exposures), shot with a Panasonic DMC-TZ7, stitched and fused with hugin. FOV approximately 230° x 80°

Habi (sorry, forgot my name in the two earlier mails :)

fafleralp.jpg

Bob Bright

Feb 28, 2011, 4:02:51 AM2/28/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuv,

I already voted for another submission, but what the heck, here's a late
one to add to your list:

1. Title: Pacific Sunset.
2. Date: 26 December 2004, 4:20pm.
coast of Vancouver Island.
4. Original Size: 6606x1589px.
5. Full thumb: bbb-pacific-sunset-full.jpg (1000x241px).
6. Cropped: bbb-pacific-sunset-cropped.jpg (1000x333px).
7. This was one of the first panos I ever shot. It was done handheld
with my trusty old Kodak DX6490 (6 shots), stitched with hugin and
post-processed in the gimp. You can see the full version on my web site
at http://VictoriaVR.ca/archives.html.

Cheers,
BBB

--
Bob Bright
Vancouver Island Digital Imaging

bbb-pacific-sunset-full.jpg
bbb-pacific-sunset-cropped.jpg
bbb-pacific-sunset-hugin.jpg

Yuval Levy

Feb 28, 2011, 7:36:38 AM2/28/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

On February 28, 2011 04:02:51 am Bob Bright wrote:
> I already voted for another submission

you (and everybody else) can change your vote any time. Just vote again,
click on the email link again, and the older vote will be overwritten.

> , but what the heck, here's a late
> one to add to your list:

done. I did not take your "hugin" jpg. The process is that I have a template
SVG (probably the one you used from the repository), load the cropped one
there, and then a script produces the entry automatically.

If you don't like the entry as it is now, you can forward me your SVG file.

Thanks for chipping in and good luck with the vote!
Yuv

signature.asc