hugin-2010.2.0_rc1 released

Bruno Postle

Sep 15, 2010, 3:27:44 PM9/15/10
to Hugin ptx
Hugin is a Panorama stitcher and more. A powerful software package
for creating and processing panoramic images.

A hugin-2010.2.0_rc1 (release candidate 1) tarball is available here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin-2010.2_beta/

This is a release candidate, i.e. The final release may be identical.

More information about this release can be found in the full ChangeLog below
and the final release notes:
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2010.2.0/

Summary of changes since 2010.2.0_beta2:

* Updated Japanese, Italian, German, Simplified Chinese translations.

* Undo and Redo (Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Y) now work in the Preview windows.

* Optimize tab presets now properly select anchor yaw and pitch for
optimisation in XYZ mosaic Translation options.

* Fix an overflow bug in celeste

* Fix crash when trying to draw control points on the fast preview.

* Fixes issue that HFOV is not shown if crop factor could not calculated from
EXIF.

* Minor bugfix, manual/help, authors, documentation updates.

libpano13-2.9.17 is required, this was released on 10 September 2010.

See README, ChangeLog and INSTALL_cmake for more information.

SHA1SUM:
5783426fbaa89e7517f024dcc0a683ac0d7e40ab hugin-2010.2.0_rc1.tar.gz

This release is equivalent to hg branch 2010.2 -r 4361:23e34640f870

A detailed ChangeLog of every commit since 2010.2.0_beta2 follows:

2010-09-14 tmodes <tmodes>

* src/hugin_base/panodata/SrcPanoImage.cpp:
Fixes issue that HFOV is not shown if crop factor could not
calculated from EXIF
[53d90efa7157]

2010-09-13 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

* doc/nona.txt:
put TrX,TrY,TrZ parameters in right place in doc
[3404bf75696b]

2010-09-13 tmodes <tmodes>

* src/hugin1/hugin/GLPreviewFrame.cpp,
src/hugin1/hugin/GLPreviewFrame.h,
src/hugin1/hugin/PreviewFrame.cpp, src/hugin1/hugin/PreviewFrame.h:
Allow undo and redo in preview frames (Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Y)
[70cad202277f]

2010-09-11 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

* doc/nona.txt:
Note TrX,TrY,TrZ mosaic mode translation offsets
[e9a586a07145]

2010-09-10 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

* src/translations/zh_CN.po:
Updated Simplified Chinese translation (Lu Fang)
[57bf68cca32f]

2010-09-09 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

* authors.txt:
Missing tabs in authors.txt, note Masahiro Kitagawa
[c666624e6e76]

* merge
[d10557ac9b2e]

2010-09-09 Yuval Levy <y...@users.sourceforge.net>

* authors.txt:
updated authors list
[8f6f6692982f]

2010-09-08 tmodes <tmodes>

* src/celeste/PGMImage.cpp:
Fixes overflow in celeste write PGM (Markus Meier)
[bc5806a6c323]

* src/hugin1/hugin/OptimizePanel.cpp:
Optimise anchors yaw and pitch when optimising translation
parameters (transplanted from
8f0ca3b198b1f6428e2ae5204b34f40da425acee)
[b0f61dcb0c78]

2010-09-06 cri <cri....@gmail.com>

* src/translations/it.po:
Updated Italian translation
[e1f91781858f]

2010-09-05 tmodes <tmodes>

* src/hugin1/hugin/xrc/optimize_photo_panel.xrc:
Remove wrong placed tooltip
[df4bee187479]

2010-09-04 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

* src/hugin1/hugin/xrc/optimize_photo_panel.xrc:
Revert a tooltip change that was part of a japanese translation
update
[e6dd9c974b24]

2010-09-04 Masahiro Kitagawa <arcti...@gmail.com>

* src/hugin1/hugin/xrc/optimize_photo_panel.xrc,
src/translations/ja.po:
updated Japanese translation
[d1b1f60759a7]

2010-09-03 cri <cri....@gmail.com>

* src/translations/it.po:
Updated Italian translation
[ddbd7e09685c]

2010-09-02 tmodes <tmodes>

* src/translations/de.po:
Updated german translation (transplanted from
4275b94d63a1364883674e39cd45a00dfdcc37f7)
[62e7b524fc3a]

2010-09-02 cri <cri....@gmail.com>

* src/translations/it.po:
updated Italian translation (transplanted from
ed650c5174727dc9f7282f9893143081099e22df)
[9069289b1af7]

2010-09-01 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

* src/hugin1/hugin/xrc/data/help_en_EN/22px-Preview_layout.svg.png,
src/hugin1/hugin/xrc/data/help_en_EN/Hugin_Fast_Preview_window.html,
src/hugin1/hugin/xrc/data/help_en_EN/Layout-small.png:
Minor manual update
[34b2c06b04e9]

* src/translations/ja.po:
Japanese update (KITAGAWA, Masahiro)
[98bfd38c05cc]

2010-08-30 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

* ChangeLog:
update changelog
[3bd31edd2dca]

2010-08-30 James Legg <jl...@users.sourceforge.net>

* merge

Tduell

Sep 15, 2010, 6:53:11 PM9/15/10
Hullo Bruno,

On Sep 16, 5:27 am, Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:
> Hugin is a Panorama stitcher and more.  A powerful software package
> for creating and processing panoramic images.
>
> A hugin-2010.2.0_rc1 (release candidate 1) tarball is available here:https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin-2010.2_beta/
>
> This is a release candidate, i.e. The final release may be identical.

Thanks.
It builds and runs OK here, Fedora 13 x86_64.

Cheers,
Terry

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 16, 2010, 12:25:10 PM9/16/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

2010/9/16 Tduell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>

 It also builds fine on OSX.

But ... I built a bundle but I can't upload it. The panotools server seems out of disk space.
I removed a lot of old 0.7 windows builds and also old mac builds, but the message remains the same: no diskspace.

Harry

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 16, 2010, 2:12:18 PM9/16/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

There are definitely problems with the panotools server. It's not possible to dowload either.

Harry

Carl von Einem

Sep 16, 2010, 11:58:00 PM9/16/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thomas is moving his servers, it should work again now.

Carl

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 17, 2010, 1:30:19 AM9/17/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
All,

please see meesage below.
Everything works again as expected. Note hoewever that "plain" ftp is no longer possible. I used sftp and that works fine.

kind regards,
Harry

Sep 17, 2010, 5:11:24 AM9/17/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Here is a first draft for the french version of the release notes of 2010.2.0_rc1.

If you see any typo or error, don't hesitate to correct them.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien
fr.txt

sebastien delcoigne

Sep 17, 2010, 8:38:30 AM9/17/10
to ca...@einem.net, hugi...@googlegroups.com
After a few comments by Carl, I submit a slightly modified version of my draft.
Paragraph about masking is not yet translated. I have trouble translating "seam" and "seamless" in french.

Any help appreciated :)

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM, sebastien delcoigne <sebastien...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Carl,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Carl von Einem <ca...@einem.net> wrote:
Salut Sébastien,

In the second line
 lang="en"
should be changed to lang="fr" for the french version. That should help to display accents etc. better in the browser.

I always forget this one ... :(

The paragraph right after <h3>Masquage</h3> isn't translated yet.

I know, that why I called it a first draft. I stumbled upon a few words in this paragraph. I guess I should've mentioned it in my mail.

<h3>Langages</h3> should be <h3>Langues</h3>, right?

Both are correct, but "Langues" sounds better. You're right.

That's all I found but my french is really rusty.

Carl

Thanks for pointing it all.

Have a good day.

sebastien delcoigne schrieb am 17.09.10 11:11:

Sébastien

--
Sébastien
fr.shtml

Michael Crane

Sep 17, 2010, 9:09:17 AM9/17/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

On 17 Sep 2010, at 13:38, sebastien delcoigne <sebastien...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have trouble translating "seam" and "seamless" in french.

> Any help appreciated :)

Seam > closed Borders
Seamless > open Borders
=^)

sebastien delcoigne

Sep 17, 2010, 9:58:19 AM9/17/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Alright, now everything's in french ... although I'm not entirely satisfied with some of the translations (Masking paragraph). I think it's still understandable.

As always, feel free to modify anything you deem necessary.

Cheers,

Sébastien
fr.shtml

cgat

Sep 17, 2010, 10:14:57 AM9/17/10
Not sure if this is the place where I should report a bug, but the
"Stitch Now" button does not work on rc1 for me (buts works on Harry's
previous bundle, which I assume is beta2).

Macbook Pro Duo Core 2 2.53 Ghz 6 ram Snow Leopard (10.6.3).

Installed via Harry's lastest bundle (the zip file).

Chris

On 17 Sep., 15:58, sebastien delcoigne <sebastien.delcoi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Alright, now everything's in french ... although I'm not entirely satisfied
> with some of the translations (Masking paragraph). I think it's still
> understandable.
>
> As always, feel free to modify anything you deem necessary.
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Michael Crane <mick.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 17 Sep 2010, at 13:38, sebastien delcoigne <
> > sebastien.delcoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I have trouble translating "seam" and "seamless" in french.
>
> > > Any help appreciated :)
>
> > Seam > closed Borders
> > Seamless > open Borders
> > =^)
>
> > --
>
> --
> Sébastien
>
>  fr.shtml
> 13KAnzeigenHerunterladen

Andreas Metzler

Sep 19, 2010, 3:02:04 AM9/19/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:
> Hugin is a Panorama stitcher and more. A powerful software package
> for creating and processing panoramic images.

> A hugin-2010.2.0_rc1 (release candidate 1) tarball is available here:

[...]

Uploaded to Debian/experimental.

cu andreas

Yuval Levy

Sep 19, 2010, 9:46:12 AM9/19/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On September 19, 2010 03:02:04 am Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > A hugin-2010.2.0_rc1 (release candidate 1) tarball is available here:
> [...]
>
> Uploaded to Debian/experimental.

is there a reason why you "break" the package in three parts [0] [1] [2]?

right now, [0] and [1] give me an error page "Package not available in this
suite".

Yuv

[0] http://packages.debian.org/en/experimental/all/graphics/hugin
[1] http://packages.debian.org/en/experimental/all/graphics/hugin-data
[2] http://packages.debian.org/en/experimental/all/graphics/hugin-tools

signature.asc

Andreas Metzler

Sep 19, 2010, 10:51:54 AM9/19/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch> wrote:
> On September 19, 2010 03:02:04 am Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> > A hugin-2010.2.0_rc1 (release candidate 1) tarball is available here:
>> [...]

>> Uploaded to Debian/experimental.

> is there a reason why you "break" the package in three parts [0] [1] [2]?

Hello,
hugin-data contains the architecture independent data, this way we
only need to keep these 8.8 MB once on the mirrors instead of 15
times (There are binary packages for 15 architectures.) hugin-tools
only includes the tools that run without X11.

> right now, [0] and [1] give me an error page "Package not available in this
> suite".

> [0] http://packages.debian.org/en/experimental/all/graphics/hugin

[...]

The URLs [0] and [2] are incorrect, hugin and hugin-tools are not
architecture independent ("all"), use
http://packages.debian.org/hugin
http://packages.debian.org/hugin-tools
http://packages.debian.org/hugin-data
to get to
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/hugin
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/hugin-tools and
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/hugin-data

cu andreas

so grateful to you.'

Yuval Levy

Sep 20, 2010, 10:03:20 PM9/20/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the info, Andreas.

On September 19, 2010 10:51:54 am Andreas Metzler wrote:
> hugin-data contains the architecture independent data, this way we
> only need to keep these 8.8 MB once on the mirrors instead of 15
> times (There are binary packages for 15 architectures.) hugin-tools
> only includes the tools that run without X11.

once CMake has caught up to produce clean deb packages, maybe we sould reflect
that in our CMake build as well?

Yuv

signature.asc

Kornel Benko

Sep 21, 2010, 1:40:34 AM9/21/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

We would need different CMakeLists.txt files for this. As of now, I cannot see a way to create 3 different
packages at once. I am not very enthusiastic :(

> Yuv

Kornel

signature.asc

Andreas Hirczy

Sep 21, 2010, 4:37:11 AM9/21/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Andreas Metzler <amet...@downhill.at.eu.org> writes:

> Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:
>> A hugin-2010.2.0_rc1 (release candidate 1) tarball is available here:
>
> Uploaded to Debian/experimental.

A recompilation for Debian *Stable* (amd64 only) for hugin 2010.2.0_rc1
and libpano13 version 2.9.17 is available on
<http://itp.tugraz.at/Comp/debian/dists/lenny/test/binary-amd64/>. A
first stitch of an existing project worked withount a problem.

Best regards,
Andreas
--
Andreas Hirczy <a...@itp.tugraz.at> http://itp.tugraz.at/~ahi/
Graz University of Technology phone: +43/316/873- 8190

Bruno Postle

Sep 22, 2010, 3:56:15 PM9/22/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

I've been away for a few days. Is there any reason why this release candidate shouldn't be released as 'final' 2010.2.0?

--
Bruno

On 21 Sep 2010 09:37, "Andreas Hirczy" <a...@itp.tugraz.at> wrote:

Andreas Metzler <amet...@downhill.at.eu.org> writes:
> Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:

>> A hugin-2010.2.0_rc1 (release candidate 1) tarball is available here:
>

> Uploaded to Debian/expe...

A recompilation for Debian *Stable* (amd64 only) for hugin 2010.2.0_rc1
and libpano13 version 2.9.17 is available on
<http://itp.tugraz.at/Comp/debian/dists/lenny/test/binary-amd64/>. A
first stitch of an existing project worked withount a problem.

Best regards,
Andreas
--
Andreas Hirczy <a...@itp.tugraz.at>                   http://itp.tugraz.at/~ahi/
Graz University of Technology                        phone: +43/316/873-   8190
Institute of Theoretical and Computational Physics     fax: +43/316/873-10 8190
Petersgasse 16, A-8010 Graz                         mobile: +43/664/859 23 57

Tduell

Sep 22, 2010, 7:12:04 PM9/22/10
Hullo Bruno,

On Sep 23, 5:56 am, Bruno Postle <brunopos...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've been away for a few days. Is there any reason why this release
> candidate shouldn't be released as 'final' 2010.2.0?

It looks Ok to me.

Cheers,
Terry

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 23, 2010, 3:29:13 AM9/23/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

2010/9/22 Bruno Postle <bruno...@googlemail.com>

I've been away for a few days. Is there any reason why this release candidate shouldn't be released as 'final' 2010.2.0?

--
Bruno

It's OK with me as well. Some users (incl. myself)  reported some issues with overwriting existing pano files. When specifying another name (=create, not overwrite) it works fine. Annoying but workable.
I worked on that for the past few days which is reported in the bugtracker [1] as I filed a bug for it.

As it's not fatal at all I'm OK to go for a release a well.

Harry

[1]: <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3072069&group_id=77506&atid=550441>

Dale Beams

Sep 23, 2010, 5:31:46 AM9/23/10
to Hugin Group
/me is having the same problem with file overwrites.  particularly in the batch tab.  expected behavior would be to ask for filename b4 saving to batch and stitch.  often i'll try to produce multiple versions of the same pano to see what the end result is.

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:29:13 +0200

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 23, 2010, 8:22:09 AM9/23/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

2010/9/23 Dale Beams <drb...@hotmail.com>

/me is having the same problem with file overwrites.  particularly in the batch tab.  expected behavior would be to ask for filename b4 saving to batch and stitch.  often i'll try to produce multiple versions of the same pano to see what the end result is.

OK, then it's not an OSX only problem.
I want to check tonight whether it occurs for projects with an already existing pto or also for repeated savings without a pto. (Just came to mind).

Harry

Lukáš Jirkovský

Sep 23, 2010, 10:17:26 AM9/23/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
> "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> hugin-ptx+...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

I just come over a crash with following steps to reproduce:
1. create a new panorama with and set the projection to general panini
2. try to start a new panorama

I'll try to debug it tomorrow, I'm too much sleepy right now.

Bruno Postle

Oct 3, 2010, 5:28:29 PM10/3/10
to Hugin ptx
On Thu 23-Sep-2010 at 16:17 +0200, Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:

>I just come over a crash with following steps to reproduce:
>1. create a new panorama with and set the projection to general panini
>2. try to start a new panorama

Confirmed, this is very easy to reproduce, you don't even need to
load any photos:

1. Start Hugin.
2. Change the projection in the Stitcher tab.
3. Click on the New project button.

The only projections that are a problem are: Albers equal area
conic, Biplane, Triplane and Panini General - i.e. only the
projections that have extended attributes, all the other projections
are fine.

This needs to be fixed, but I don't think it is important enough
that we need another 2010.2.0 release candidate, you can't lose any
work with this bug.

--
Bruno