Greasemonkey / Fifefox 3 RC1

Jardry

May 17, 2008, 7:45:14 PM5/17/08
to greasemonkey-users
Greasemonkey was working with Firefox 3 Beta, just upgraded to Firefox
RC1 and greasemonkey no longer works.
Any ideas as to when a compatible version will be released for
testing. I miss my greasemonkey!!!

Ryland

May 17, 2008, 8:06:40 PM5/17/08
to greasemonkey-users

Jardry

May 17, 2008, 8:27:00 PM5/17/08
to greasemonkey-users
Thanks,

For a moment there I thought my world had ended.
Its amazing just how much you miss greasemonkey when its not
available.

On May 18, 9:06 am, Ryland <carcinogene...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a release candidate of the next update:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-users/browse_thread/threa...

rrt

May 18, 2008, 11:57:19 PM5/18/08
to greasemonkey-users
You could checkout the code via svn here:

http://svn.devjavu.com/greasemonkey/trunk/

$ svn co http://svn.devjavu.com/greasemonkey/trunk greasemonkey

Then make one small edit to ./greasemonkey//src/install.rdf

On about line 44:

39 <!-- Firefox -->
40 <em:targetApplication>
41 <Description>
42 <em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id>
43 <em:minVersion>1.5</em:minVersion>
44 <em:maxVersion>3.0.*</em:maxVersion>

Just change...

<em:maxVersion>3.0.*</em:maxVersion>

<em:maxVersion>3.*.*</em:maxVersion>

Now build the XPI in the same dir

$ sh ./build.sh

Open the XPI file from firefox and install.

This should work for future 3.x.x RCs

Cheers,
Ryan

Anthony Lieuallen

May 19, 2008, 12:09:40 AM5/19/08
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
On 5/18/2008 11:57 PM, rrt wrote:
> You could checkout the code via svn here:
>
> http://svn.devjavu.com/greasemonkey/trunk/

Dear users: Please ignore the advice of this well-intentioned but
poorly-informed poster. There's no such Firefox version as "3.*.*",
3.0.* works for this usage.

If you want to run GM in FF3.0RC1 please install this RC1 of GM 0.8:

http://arantius.info/gm/greasemonkey-0.8.20080505.0.xpi

This would be the publicly available build, but Aaron (the lead
developer) appears to be MIA. I'm rather sure he'll have it up on AMO
once he's back.

rrt

May 19, 2008, 1:27:02 AM5/19/08
to greasemonkey-users
GM stopped working for me on the upgrade. I couldn't find an XPI so I
built one from svn trunk and it worked.

I guess I was under the mistaken impression I could specify a wildcard
minor version like that in the install.rdf.

Maybe "build it from trunk" would have been better advice? :-)

Cheers,

Ryan

EBC

May 22, 2008, 11:41:42 AM5/22/08
to greasemonkey-users
Oh thank you thank you- I hear you, Jardry. I've gone three days w/o
my greasemonkey, and am so glad to have it back I'm almost
embarrassed!

On May 17, 8:06 pm, Ryland <carcinogene...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a release candidate of the next update:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-users/browse_thread/threa...

Fernando Cassia

Jun 4, 2008, 2:14:13 PM6/4/08
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com

Quoting from a May 19 message by Anthony Lieuallen .You might want to test this.

If you want to run GM in FF3.0RC1 please install this RC1 of GM 0.8:

http://arantius.info/gm/greasemonkey-0.8.20080505.0.xpi

This would be the publicly available build, but Aaron (the lead
developer) appears to be MIA.  I'm rather sure he'll have it up on AMO
once he's back.

FC

--
Dream of the Daily Mail
It is the Holy Grail

-Manic Street Preachers, "Royal Correspondent"