Greasemonkey 0.8 Release Candidate

Anthony Lieuallen

May 5, 2008, 9:46:06 PM5/5/08
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
Hello all! The development of version 0.8 of Greasemonkey has been a
long time coming. I believe it's finally ready. Just before we unleash
it on the general public, I'm letting everyone here at the -users
mailing list for a final check.

http://arantius.info/gm/greasemonkey-0.8.20080505.0.xpi

Vikas Pandey

May 6, 2008, 2:57:33 AM5/6/08
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com

Great.

installed it, but what is to be tested?

it would help if you could give the changelog for the above so that we
can see the bug fixes and new introduction.

With thunderbrowse doing wonders in Thunderbird, the top item in my wish
list is gm version for Thunderbird. Seems Tb now even has cookie support
evolving, if that helps.

thanks.

Anthony Lieuallen

May 6, 2008, 11:18:56 AM5/6/08
On 5/6/2008 2:57 AM, Vikas Pandey wrote:
> Great.
> installed it, but what is to be tested?

Hehe, good point. I was trying to work on a changelog before, got
distracted, then finally posted this link just to get the ball rolling
again. Take a look at this thread from -dev for the most up to date
list so far:

http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-dev/t/8aa2f6656b9a382c

psp

Jun 4, 2008, 11:44:44 PM6/4/08
to greasemonkey-users
I have a bunch of scripts from Firefox 2. Are there any compatibility
issues since Greasemonkey is newer (does it work with scripts
differently than before)?

Miguel Guedes

Jun 8, 2008, 10:38:35 AM6/8/08
to greasemonkey-users
Have just installed it and will begin testing it out as I'm actively
developing scripts.

Kudos to you Anthony for a great piece of software you've developed!

Best Regards,

Miguel