go on a tiny harvard-architecture system (arduino)

1.768 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

ronpf...@gmail.com

não lida,
24 de mar. de 2010, 16:31:3124/03/2010
para golang-nuts
Hi there. The arduino is a series of tiny hobby boards that use atmel
avr-based cpus for pretty much everything. They have very little ram
(mine has 4k), but relatively large amounts of EEPROM-based program
memory (mine has 32k).

Is there any hope of running GO code in this kind of environment?

Thanks
Ron

Ed Marshall

não lida,
24 de mar. de 2010, 16:36:0424/03/2010
para golang-nuts
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM, ronpf...@gmail.com <ronpf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there.  The arduino is a series of tiny hobby boards that use atmel
avr-based cpus for pretty much everything.  They have very little ram
(mine has 4k), but relatively large amounts of EEPROM-based program
memory (mine has 32k).

Perhaps gccgo would be a good place to start?

I have to admit, programming Arduinos in Go would be a pleasure.

--
Ed Marshall <e...@logic.net>
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.

Ian Lance Taylor

não lida,
24 de mar. de 2010, 16:38:4724/03/2010
para ronpf...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
"ronpf...@gmail.com" <ronpf...@gmail.com> writes:

Quite apart from porting to AVR, I think 4K RAM would be very tight in
a garbage collected language like Go. Go also requires type
reflection structures, which include strings naming types, and that
would burn a lot of your 32K. In short, I think it would be quite
hard.

Ian

infoneer

não lida,
24 de mar. de 2010, 16:51:4324/03/2010
para golang-nuts

Perhaps not the answer you're looking for, but there's a CSP-style
language with some of the benefits of Go that works on the Arduino at:

http://concurrency.cc/

-joe

> Ian

Johann Höchtl

não lida,
25 de mar. de 2010, 08:02:1625/03/2010
para golang-nuts

On Mar 24, 9:51 pm, infoneer <joseph.stew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > "ronpfei...@gmail.com" <ronpfei...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Perhaps not the answer you're looking for, but there's a CSP-style
> language with some of the benefits of Go that works on the Arduino at:
>
> http://concurrency.cc/

Intersting link, I was not aware of that site / language.

BTW just for fun: Directly on the start site I read:

" Mac Version is Go! "

Haha

> -joe
>
> > Ian