describe-char missing info on unicode thumb up char

已查看 51 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Xah Lee

未读,
2011年1月26日 11:15:572011/1/26
收件人
there are these unicode symbols

ok hand sign 👌 #x1f44c
thumb up 👍 #x1f44d
thumb down 👎 #x1f44e

when calling describe-char on them, it doesn't give their names.

is this a bug? does it happen to just few chars, or perhaps all chars
outside basic multilingual plane? I know that many chars outside of
BMP doesn't have this problem.

Xah ∑ http://xahlee.org/

Jason Rumney

未读,
2011年1月28日 01:15:342011/1/28
收件人
The fact that these characters were introduced in Unicode 6.0.0, released in October 2010 may have something to do with it.
已删除帖子

Xah Lee

未读,
2011年1月28日 15:32:552011/1/28
收件人
On Jan 27, 10:15 pm, Jason Rumney <jasonrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fact that these characters were introduced in Unicode 6.0.0, released in October 2010 may have something to do with it.

thanks Jason & Klaus. Great answers.

Xah

Oleksandr Gavenko

未读,
2011年1月29日 09:37:222011/1/29
收件人 help-gn...@gnu.org
On 2011-01-28 8:15, Jason Rumney wrote:
> The fact that these characters were introduced in Unicode 6.0.0,
> released in October 2010 may have something to do with it.
From Emacs brz repo:

revno: 100559
committer: Juanma Barranquero <lek...@gmail.com>
branch nick: trunk
timestamp: Wed 2010-06-09 17:46:41 +0200
message:
Update to Unicode 6.0.0 beta.
* admin/unidata/UnicodeData.txt: Update from
http://www.unicode.org/Public/6.0.0/ucd/UnicodeData-6.0.0d5.txt

But I look native Emacs binary and not found 'UnicodeData.txt'.

How Emacs know name of Unicode chars?

'emacs-23.2/etc/nxml' dir contain code description. This used?

--
Best regards!

Peter Dyballa

未读,
2011年1月29日 09:56:292011/1/29
收件人 Oleksandr Gavenko、help-gn...@gnu.org

Am 29.01.2011 um 15:37 schrieb Oleksandr Gavenko:

> How Emacs know name of Unicode chars?

From source.

From UnicodeData.txt the files lisp/international/uni-*.el are derived.

--
Greetings

Pete

Remember: use logout to logout.

Eli Zaretskii

未读,
2011年1月29日 09:59:052011/1/29
收件人 help-gn...@gnu.org
> From: Oleksandr Gavenko <gave...@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:37:22 +0200

> From Emacs brz repo:
>
> revno: 100559
> committer: Juanma Barranquero <lek...@gmail.com>
> branch nick: trunk
> timestamp: Wed 2010-06-09 17:46:41 +0200
> message:
> Update to Unicode 6.0.0 beta.
> * admin/unidata/UnicodeData.txt: Update from
> http://www.unicode.org/Public/6.0.0/ucd/UnicodeData-6.0.0d5.txt
>
> But I look native Emacs binary and not found 'UnicodeData.txt'.

The admin directory is not part of the release tarball.

> How Emacs know name of Unicode chars?
>

> 'emacs-23.2/etc/nxml' dir contain code description. This used?

No. The names from UnicodeData.txt are compressed and put into
lisp/international/uni-name.el. Other properties are in the other
uni-*.el files. Emacs uses those when needed.

0 个新帖子