Re: {LONGTERMINVESTORS} Rallis India - Thread

RAJESH DESAI

Oct 18, 2012, 12:36:40 AM10/18/12
to longterminve...@googlegroups.com, equity-rese...@googlegroups.com, globalspeculators, STOCK BUFFS, stock...@googlegroups.com, library-of-eq...@googlegroups.com, DAILY REPORTS

Rallis India said its profit from operations (before exceptional items, other income and foreign exchange fluctuations) for the quarter was Rs 89.03 crore, which was a decline of 6.29% from Rs 95.01 crore in Q2 September 2011..

Mr. V Shankar, Managing Director and CEO, Rallis India said, "I am happy that during the first half of the current year, in spite of a delayed and deficient monsoon, our revenue grew to Rs 821.63 crore and has reported a net profit of Rs 85.73 crore. Our continued focus on connecting with farmers through Rallis Kisan Kutumba initiatives, strong brands and value creating initiatives in agri space has contributed to strong performance in this Kharif Season. There were shifts in farmer preferences for crops and Rallis, with the help of a strong understanding of the market conditions, moved with agility to the changing circumstances. Our focus on the new initiatives continued with vigor with MoPu reaching out to more than 25,000 farmers and 60,000 acres in the current season in Maharashtra, MP, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Our new products in the Plant Growth Promoter segment did well and our key brands recorded good growth".

Rallis India's board of directors at a meeting held on Wednesday, 17 October 2012, approved the payment of an interim dividend of Re 1 per share for the year ending March 2013.

Rallis India is one of India's leading agrochemicals companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of crop-care solutions.

--
CA. Rajesh Desai

RAJESH DESAI

Oct 19, 2012, 2:16:48 AM10/19/12