Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated August 22, 2006

Sunil

Aug 22, 2006, 11:46:56 PM8/22/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[August 22, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Sintex Industries
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Book Profit
Current market price: Rs185

A whopping return of 1,581%
As we said the upside from the organic growth of core business of Sintex is already factored in the stock's current price. Also it is not clear when the company shall make its next acquisition. Hence in view of our growing discomfort with regard to the company's inorganic growth plan and the risk of the unknown, we recommend investors to book profit at the current levels. Having said that, we do not wish to take away from the stock's impressive performance while under our coverage-it has given mind-blowing returns of 1,581% since it was recommended on August 14, 2003 at Rs11!!!

Solectron Centum Electronics

Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Hold
Price target: Rs215
Current market price: Rs169

Management sounds optimistic
Solectron Centum Electronics reported a robust revenue growth of 97.6% to Rs83.3 crore in spite of the weak performance from the component business. The service business primarily contributed to the growth with a ten-fold jump in the revenues to Rs51.3 crore. The growth opportunity is huge in the EMS business and the management expects the service business to maintain its growth momentum. To tap the same, it has invested substantially in expanding the manufacturing capacities. What's more heartening is the fact that the component business is forecast to revive in the current fiscal, on the back of renewed demand from C-MAC and the government organisations in the domestic market.

At the current market price the scrip trade at 19.1x FY2007 and 16.8x FY2008 estimated earnings. Despite the optimistic outlook highlighted in the annual report, we maintain our hold recommendation on the stock. The decision to upgrade the rating will depend on distinct signs of the revival of growth in the component business (like the commencement of the Rs35-crore high-margin government order and an increase in demand in the demand for components from C-Mac).

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-Aug22.pdf