Biohacking in London Hackspace

Bugs

Dec 21, 2010, 1:58:21 PM12/21/10
to DIYbio
Hi folks,

In mid-January, we'll have a get-together to choose one or more
DIYBio / Biohacking projects to get started on at the London
Hackspace.

The basic plan is for myself (Bugs), Sara, Martin and Tim to outline
the projects that we have in mind, giving everyone an idea of what
resources we'd need and why we think they're cool. Then we'll see
which projects people are interested in getting involved with and sort
out the shopping list for the project(s) that go ahead. So at the end
of the discussion, we'll have chosen one or more specific projects and
everyone interested will know exactly what they can do to help get
things rolling. We'll also have consumed the usual beer, wine, cakes,
etc., which are at least as important in research as they are in
hacking.

So, if you're keen or just vaguely interested, come along. Please let
us know when you're free, and we'll pick a date: http://doodle.com/w3h4ytbpch3ktzi9

As before, the meeting won't assume any prior knowledge about biology.
There won't be a big "Introduction To..." talk like the last meeting,
but all the explanations will be aimed at a non-biologists. Biologists
are welcome to ask tricky questions and, hopefully, answer a few too.

http://doodle.com/w3h4ytbpch3ktzi9

Cheers,
Bugs

Bugs

Jan 2, 2011, 1:27:34 PM1/2/11
to DIYbio
Hi all,

The London Hackspace [1] are meeting to plan our first projects at
19:00 on Saturday 15th January. If you're in the London (UK) area and
interested in getting involved, please come along! We're busy
expanding into the unit next door so the space might still be a bit
chaotic, but new people are more than welcome to come along to listen,
discuss, suggest a project if you happen to have one in mind, or just
to come along and have a look around the workshop.

A bit more detail in this thread [2] at the Hackspace mailing list.

Best wishes (and hopefully see you on the 15th!),
Bugs

[1] http://london.hackspace.org.uk/
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/london-hack-space/browse_thread/thread/f5fb2141c7dce2bb