UpgradeWoes

reduxdj

Apr 6, 2010, 12:15:47 PM4/6/10
to Degrafa
I just upgraded to the latest beta of Degrafa. Here's my problem, I
am trying to use use Axiis, and the latest version of Degrafa, now i
am getting a type error, any suggestions:

Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
com.degrafa.paint::LinearGradientFill@4d176881 to
com.degrafa.core.IGraphicsFill.
at com.degrafa.paint::ComplexFill/addFillListeners()[C:\Inetpub
\wwwroot\Degrafa_Prototypes\Degrafa_Origin_SVN_NoChange\com\degrafa
\paint\ComplexFill.as:305]
at com.degrafa.paint::ComplexFill/set fills()[C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
\Degrafa_Prototypes\Degrafa_Origin_SVN_NoChange\com\degrafa\paint
\ComplexFill.as:131]
at net.voxel.skins::SiteButton/_SiteButton_ComplexFill1_i()[/Users/
Patrick/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder Beta 2/BlackStallion_shell/src/
net/voxel/skins/SiteButton.mxml:62]
at net.voxel.skins::SiteButton()[/Users/Patrick/Documents/Adobe Flash
Builder Beta 2/BlackStallion_shell/src/net/voxel/skins/SiteButton.mxml:
61]
at mx.controls::Button/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/
internal::viewSkinForPhase()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects
\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:1735]
at mx.controls::Button/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/
internal::viewSkin()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework
\src\mx\controls\Button.as:1711]
at mx.controls::Button/commitProperties()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:1362]
at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5818]
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:
539]

Eric DeCoff

Apr 6, 2010, 12:27:07 PM4/6/10
to deg...@googlegroups.com
The Thread Awakens...

--
Eric R. DeCoff
Changing the world,

Josh McDonald

Apr 6, 2010, 5:56:38 PM4/6/10
to deg...@googlegroups.com
Are you recompiling Axiis? If not, it could be there's an incompatibility between some Degrafa classes Axiis was compiled against and the one you're compiling?

-Josh
--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
  -  jo...@joshmcdonald.info
  -  http://twitter.com/sophistifunk
  -  http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/

reduxdj

Apr 6, 2010, 6:51:12 PM4/6/10
to Degrafa
Actually, I am not compile axiis, but I am having yet another issue:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
com.degrafa::GeometryComposition@27f693d1 to
com.degrafa.geometry.Geometry.
at com.degrafa.skins::GraphicBorderSkin/set geometry()[/Users/Patrick/
Documents/Adobe Flash Builder Beta 2/Degrafa_Beta3.2/com/degrafa/skins/
DegrafaSkinMixin.as.inc:132]

This only seems to happen with one of my components strangely
enough... Seems like the only error i am having with degrafa now. Any
suggestions?

On Apr 6, 5:56 pm, Josh McDonald <j...@joshmcdonald.info> wrote:
> Are you recompiling Axiis? If not, it could be there's an incompatibility
> between some Degrafa classes Axiis was compiled against and the one you're
> compiling?
>
> -Josh
>

> On 7 April 2010 02:27, Eric DeCoff <ericdec...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > The Thread Awakens...
>
> > --
> > Eric R. DeCoff
> > Changing the world,
> > 1 line of code at a time
>

> >> degrafa+u...@googlegroups.com<degrafa%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/degrafa?hl=en.
>
> >  --

> > degrafa+u...@googlegroups.com<degrafa%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/degrafa?hl=en.
>
> --
> "Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."
>
> Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald

>   -  j...@joshmcdonald.info

Josh McDonald

reduxdj

Apr 7, 2010, 11:40:39 AM4/7/10
to Degrafa

Yes there's definitely an issue, The thing is I can't solve the
problem. I recompiled everything, rebuilt my projects and as soon as
I include my new
axiis project, I get the same problem.

Please see: http://groups.google.com/group/axiis/browse_thread/thread/cab5d9d445b23b01?hl=en#

Thanks for any help, about to throw my hands up.

On Apr 6, 10:14 pm, Josh McDonald <j...@joshmcdonald.info> wrote:
> It's probably that you're compiling your own Degrafa classes, but also
> accidentally importing some from another SWC (like Axiis), and there's an
> incompatibility. Try reordering your library and project dependencies in the
> :Flex Build Path" dialog.
>
> -Josh
>

> > <degrafa%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<degrafa%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> > <degrafa%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<degrafa%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

twgonzalez

Apr 8, 2010, 7:45:50 PM4/8/10
to Degrafa
Axiis has been updated (the development) branch to use all the latest
Degrafa Origin code. We have also offered a compiled Degrafa .swc
(Flex 3.4) with the project so please feel free to use that for now.
In the future we will endeavor to stay in closer sync to Degrafa
releases.

- Tom Gonzalez
Axiis Founder - Degrafa Team Member.

On Apr 7, 8:40 am, reduxdj <patricklemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes there's definitely an issue, The thing is I can't solve the
> problem.  I recompiled everything, rebuilt my projects and as soon as
> I include my new
> axiis project, I get the same problem.
>
> Please see:http://groups.google.com/group/axiis/browse_thread/thread/cab5d9d445b...

> > > --
>
> > --
> > "Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."
>
> > Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
> >   -  j...@joshmcdonald.info
> >   -  http://twitter.com/sophistifunk
> >   -  http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/

reduxdj

May 4, 2010, 10:32:25 AM5/4/10
to Degrafa
Tom:

Hi, i have the latest Axiis and the latest Degrafa, my blendFill is
still throwing an error when axiis and Degrafa co-exist. In my other
project that does not have axiis I don't hit the following runtime
error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null
object reference.
at com.degrafa.paint::BlendFill/set fill()[/Users/Patrick/Documents/
Adobe Flash Builder Beta 2/Degrafa_Beta3.2/com/degrafa/paint/
BlendFill.as:89]
at net.voxel.skins::SiteButton/_SiteButton_BlendFill1_c()[/Users/
Patrick/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder Beta 2/BlackStallion_shell/src/
net/voxel/skins/SiteButton.mxml:66]
[...]
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:
659]
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8744]
at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8684]

The offensive line of code (89):

(value as
IGraphicsFill).addEventListener(PropertyChangeEvent.PROPERTY_CHANGE,
propertyChangeHandler, false, 0, true);
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/degrafa?hl=en.

Patrick Lemiuex

May 4, 2010, 10:59:35 AM5/4/10
to Degrafa
If use the enclosed Degrafa swc with my custom skin and Axiis in the
same project I still get a runtime error at LinearGradientFill.
Looks like the version of degrafa is out out sync.

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
com.degrafa.paint::LinearGradientFill@1b799381 to
com.degrafa.core.IGraphicsFill.
at com.degrafa.paint::ComplexFill/addFillListeners()[/Users/tgonzalez/Documents/FlexBuilderWorkspace2/DegrafaLibrary/com/degrafa/paint/ComplexFill.as:305]
at com.degrafa.paint::ComplexFill/set
fills()[/Users/tgonzalez/Documents/FlexBuilderWorkspace2/DegrafaLibrary/com/degrafa/paint/ComplexFill.as:131]
at net.voxel.skins::SiteButton/_SiteButton_ComplexFill1_i()[/Users/Patrick/Documents/Adobe
Flash Builder Beta
2/BlackStallion_shell/src/net/voxel/skins/SiteButton.mxml:62]
at net.voxel.skins::SiteButton()[/Users/Patrick/Documents/Adobe Flash
Builder Beta 2/BlackStallion_shell/src/net/voxel/skins/SiteButton.mxml:61]
at mx.controls::Button/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::viewSkin()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:1711]
at mx.controls::Button/commitProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:1362]
at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5818]
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:539]
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:659]