The latest build of axiis breaks my degrafa project

reduxdj

Apr 7, 2010, 11:38:45 AM4/7/10
to Axiis
I've have this issue, where if I include Axiis into my project, I get
an error that I can't resolve. I have a complex fill, that works fine,
until I include Axxiis. When I include axiis, from the current 1.1
build included .swc or -- or -- when I compile the 1.1 build with the
latest 3.2 trunk of degrafa. I run into the same error below.

This happens as soon as I add my axiis charts to my titleWindow,
there's something inside the latest build of axiis that is overriding
some degrafa and does not work.

What's weird is as soon as i comment out the axxiis code the problem
goes away. So, I tried again to recompile the axiis library project,
using the latest 3.2 build of Degrafa, and I still get an error at the
same place.

But my issue is that I will have to ditch using axiis if I can't get
it work with my project or remove my button with a complex fill.

Thanks, I'd really love to solve my problem and use axiis.

Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
com.degrafa.paint::LinearGradientFill@-2f14727f to
com.degrafa.core.IGraphicsFill.
at com.degrafa.paint::ComplexFill/addFillListeners()[/Users/tgonzalez/
Documents/FlexBuilderWorkspace2/DegrafaLibrary/com/degrafa/paint/
ComplexFill.as:305]
at com.degrafa.paint::ComplexFill/set fills()[/Users/tgonzalez/
Documents/FlexBuilderWorkspace2/DegrafaLibrary/com/degrafa/paint/
ComplexFill.as:131]
at net.voxel.skins::SiteButton/_SiteButton_ComplexFill1_i()[/Users/
Patrick/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder Beta 2/BlackStallion_shell/src/
net/voxel/skins/SiteButton.mxml:62]
at net.voxel.skins::SiteButton()[/Users/Patrick/Documents/Adobe Flash
Builder Beta 2/BlackStallion_shell/src/net/voxel/skins/SiteButton.mxml:
61]
at mx.controls::Button/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/
internal::viewSkinForPhase()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects
\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:1735]
at mx.controls::Button/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/
internal::viewSkin()[C:\autobuild\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework
\src\mx\controls\Button.as:1711]
at mx.controls::Button/commitProperties()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:1362]
at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5818]
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:
539]
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:
659]
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8744]
at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[C:\autobuild
\3.5.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8684]

Michael VanDaniker

Apr 8, 2010, 10:00:51 AM4/8/10
to ax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

We're looking into this.  We've tried to keep in sync with Degrafa's origin branch, but that has been difficult to do.  It's not good that we're lagging behind their trunk now.  I will keep you posted on this.

If you're in a hurry you could try this very hacky, messy, awkward fix: Build the Degrafa library yourself but rename the com package to com2.  Then you can use Axiis's DegrafaLibrary.swc for the Axiis portions of your project and the classes in the com2 package for the skin you're creating.

-Michael

twgonzalez

Apr 8, 2010, 11:02:31 AM4/8/10
to Axiis
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for bringing this issue up. As Michael mentioned we have been
a bit remiss in keeping in sync with Degrafa.

I have just updated our development branch with the latest version of
the Degrafa Origin branch, and everything is compiling and testing
correctly with Flex 3.4. I had to add a new class - as the Path.as
class in Degrafa was altered and I branched that class into AreaPath
for the line series group.

Let us know if you have any issues with this latest version. You
should be able to use the DegrafaLibrary.swc we have in SVN now, or
just link directly to the Degrafa Origin source in your project.

Cheers,

- Tom

On Apr 8, 7:00 am, Michael VanDaniker <mvand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> We're looking into this.  We've tried to keep in sync with Degrafa's origin
> branch, but that has been difficult to do.  It's not good that we're lagging

> behind their *trunk *now.  I will keep you posted on this.

> > axiis+un...@googlegroups.com <axiis%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

twgonzalez

Apr 8, 2010, 11:04:01 AM4/8/10
to Axiis
One Note here the SmithChart relies upon the deprecated CircleRepeater
class and is NOT compiling against this version. We should have a fix
for that soon.