Re: OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

Message has been deleted

peterwn

Nov 28, 2007, 3:34:36 PM11/28/07
On Nov 29, 9:31 am, Karen Hill <karen_hil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> X-No-Archive:yes
>
> Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been sued for patent
> infringement. The US based Nigerian company claims that the OLPC
> association violates its patents on keyboard design.
>
> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745

Presumably Micro$oft has its grubby little fingers in this somehow.

alt

Nov 28, 2007, 3:40:57 PM11/28/07

Whether or not they are involved, it just highlights how broken the US
Patent system is. A multi-lingual keyboard layout is hardly novel.

Peter Kränkwonov

Nov 28, 2007, 3:53:28 PM11/28/07
Karen Hill <karen_...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been sued for patent
> infringement. The US based Nigerian company claims that the OLPC
> association violates its patents on keyboard design.
>
> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745

Not good. What were they thinking to steal other people's code? This is
big problems for OLPC.

Peter Kränkwonov

Nov 28, 2007, 3:56:04 PM11/28/07
alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> writes:

You miss the point entirely.

But for others who say "but its for the black children" I would say how
happy you would be if Negroponte crept into your hause on sunday night
when you were sleeping and stole all your televisions, jewellery and
money and gave it all to africa for buying food. Not happy I think! This
is the same for the company who made these software products.

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 28, 2007, 3:56:01 PM11/28/07
____/ Karen Hill on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____

> X-No-Archive:yes
>
> Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been sued for patent
> infringement. The US based Nigerian company claims that the OLPC
> association violates its patents on keyboard design.
>
> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745

Hold on a second.

Nigerian Patent Infringement Lawsuit: Scam or Shame?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/hardware/keyboard/olpc_patent_infringement_scam.html

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown
Tasks: 148 total, 1 running, 147 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

flatfish

Nov 28, 2007, 4:09:08 PM11/28/07
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:31:00 -0800 (PST), Karen Hill
<karen_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>X-No-Archive:yes
>
>Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been sued for patent
>infringement. The US based Nigerian company claims that the OLPC
>association violates its patents on keyboard design.
>
>http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745

Get ready for the flatfish= karen hill posts to start.
They got challenged on that one and funny thing, the linux loonies
suddenly went underground.

Getting back to your statement.

The OLPC is currently on life support and they should just quietly
pull the plug on it, take the money leftover and buy the kids some
food and medicine.

flatfish

Nov 28, 2007, 4:10:29 PM11/28/07

Tell it to IBM who actually has a patent on cursor wrapping when it
reaches the end of the screen.

Is it enforced?
I dunno, but they own it.

Another example of the hypocrisy of the Linux community.

Peter Köhlmann

Nov 28, 2007, 4:50:23 PM11/28/07
Peter Kränkwonov wrote:

Prior art
--
Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.

flatfish

Nov 28, 2007, 4:58:01 PM11/28/07
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:53:28 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov<pk...@muc-lug.de>
wrote:

That's what SOME Linux people do.

Ask Roy Schestowitz about using graphics without an author's
permission and then continuing to use said graphics even after being
notified.

It took a cease and desist order to get Roy Schestowitz to remove the
copyrighted graphics from his web page.

It's all in google.

flatfish

Nov 28, 2007, 4:59:38 PM11/28/07
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:56:01 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>____/ Karen Hill on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____
>
>> X-No-Archive:yes
>>
>> Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been sued for patent
>> infringement. The US based Nigerian company claims that the OLPC
>> association violates its patents on keyboard design.
>>
>> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745
>
>Hold on a second.

But I thought Karen Hill was flatfish?

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f82528674303c824

You can't have it both ways Roy,,,,
Actually, in your case, maybe you can.....

Peter Kränkwonov

Nov 28, 2007, 6:10:23 PM11/28/07
flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

I found this where Roy appears to help people against thieves. Did you
mean this?

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162025-prevent-copying-web-pics-help.html

"There are measures you can take to more it /more difficult/ for users to do
that. You can also weed out more mediocre users, but you can never prevent
anything once it goes public."

I suppose he could be showing off that he can't be stopped if he
setts his mind to it I guess.

flatfish

Nov 28, 2007, 6:40:39 PM11/28/07
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:10:23 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov<pk...@muc-lug.de>
wrote:

Look here:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux/browse_thread/thread/ad7952194e323f42
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/e8c5347cf29e598a/dbb4e98895553672?q=pirate&

Roy Schestowitz is all about Roy Schestowitz.
He is an opportunist who will take any road that will promote himself.

Do the research and you will reach the conclusion that most
intelligent people have reached: Roy Schestowitz is a fraud and a paid
spammer.

Peter Kränkwonov

Nov 28, 2007, 6:57:20 PM11/28/07
flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

> Look here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux/browse_thread/thread/ad7952194e323f42
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/e8c5347cf29e598a/dbb4e98895553672?q=pirate&
>
> Roy Schestowitz is all about Roy Schestowitz.
> He is an opportunist who will take any road that will promote himself.
>
> Do the research and you will reach the conclusion that most
> intelligent people have reached: Roy Schestowitz is a fraud and a paid
> spammer.

It does seem like he uses other peoples work without permission. Maybe
he was confused about what was open source or not. Better not to condemn
for stealing things once if he learned his lessons from the experiences
when he was caught.

flatfish

Nov 28, 2007, 7:22:18 PM11/28/07
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:57:20 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov<pk...@muc-lug.de>
wrote:

>flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

Well if Roy were to admit he made a mistake, I would stop bringing the
subject up and let it die.

Roy won't however because in his own mind, Roy can never be wrong.

Tim Smith

Nov 28, 2007, 7:52:42 PM11/28/07
On 2007-11-28, alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> wrote:
> Whether or not they are involved, it just highlights how broken the US
> Patent system is. A multi-lingual keyboard layout is hardly novel.

How do you know that? Have you read the patent? Or do you know so much
about multi-lingual keyboard design that you can state for sure that
every conceivable idea in that area has already been done, and there is
no possible way for anyone to ever have a novel idea in that field
again?

Linonut

Nov 28, 2007, 10:52:00 PM11/28/07
* Karen Hill fired off this tart reply:

> X-No-Archive:yes

Ahhh ha ha ha ha!

Flatty's fins slipped on his keyboard.

Too much mucus on his scales, apparently.

--
Tux rox!

alt

Nov 29, 2007, 3:47:45 AM11/29/07
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:56:04 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov
wrote:

> alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> writes:

>>> Presumably Micro$oft has its grubby little fingers in this somehow.
>>
>> Whether or not they are involved, it just highlights how broken the US
>> Patent system is. A multi-lingual keyboard layout is hardly novel.
>>

> You miss the point entirely.

I don't think so. Some people see a conspiracy everywhere, but even if
there is or isn't a conspiracy, the patent system is the reason this is
cause for a lawsuit. How novel can a keyboard layout be?

> But for others who say "but its for the black children" I would say how
> happy you would be if Negroponte crept into your hause on sunday night
> when you were sleeping and stole all your televisions, jewellery and
> money and gave it all to africa for buying food. Not happy I think! This
> is the same for the company who made these software products.

Which has what to do with what I'm saying? I don't understand your
comment at all.

Peter Kränkwonov

Nov 29, 2007, 6:17:01 AM11/29/07
alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> writes:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:56:04 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov
> wrote:
>
>> alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> writes:

>>> Whether or not they are involved, it just highlights how broken the US
>>> Patent system is. A multi-lingual keyboard layout is hardly novel.
>>>

>> You miss the point entirely.
>
> I don't think so. Some people see a conspiracy everywhere, but even if
> there is or isn't a conspiracy, the patent system is the reason this is
> cause for a lawsuit. How novel can a keyboard layout be?

You continue to miss the point. It makes not one problem "how
different". Different is enough. Also you are missing the issue which is
the one of the drivers and not just the HW.

Here is a direct quote

"and using the illegally acquired keyboard driver source codes"

>> But for others who say "but its for the black children" I would say how
>> happy you would be if Negroponte crept into your hause on sunday night
>> when you were sleeping and stole all your televisions, jewellery and
>> money and gave it all to africa for buying food. Not happy I think! This
>> is the same for the company who made these software products.
>
> Which has what to do with what I'm saying? I don't understand your
> comment at all.

Then you did not read the article properly. I said above this is for
others. At the end of the day the SW was not OSS. But they took it
anyway. A lot of people will thing them "innocent" because their target
is the poor kids. But even Robin Hood can be hung for taking from the
rich to give to the poor.

Kier

Nov 29, 2007, 10:13:19 AM11/29/07
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:22:18 -0500, flatfish wrote:

<snip>

Go the hell away, you stinky little troll.

--
Kier

DFS

Nov 29, 2007, 10:41:16 AM11/29/07

You tell 'im Kier! You da Nanny!

Kier

Nov 29, 2007, 10:43:41 AM11/29/07

So, you approve of the stinky, lying troll flatfish? It figures.

--
Kier

Peter Köhlmann

Nov 29, 2007, 10:50:49 AM11/29/07
Kier wrote:

Naturally he does.
After all, DumbFullShit himself is a troll.
He is also a liar. And, like flatfish, a filthy racist
--
Microsoft? Is that some kind of a toilet paper?

DFS

Nov 29, 2007, 10:57:31 AM11/29/07

I approve of him posting anything he wants - as long as it doesn't approach
the outrageous stupidity and lies of many of the cola Linux "advocates". He
contributes many more relevant posts than chrisv and Willie Poaster and
several other "advocates" combined.

What I don't approve of is your net-nannyism, always trying to boss people
around and tell them what and how to post.

Either way, nobody needs my approval to do a got-damn thing.

DFS

Nov 29, 2007, 11:03:09 AM11/29/07
Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> After all, DumbFullShit himself is a troll.
> He is also a liar.

What did I lie about, moron?

> And, like flatfish, a filthy racist

Like Kier, you lack exposure to and experience with certain races. All your
"knowledge" comes from The Cosby Show. Hint for a dumbass: that's not real
life.

Kier

Nov 29, 2007, 11:14:10 AM11/29/07
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:57:31 -0500, DFS wrote:

> Kier wrote:

>>> You tell 'im Kier! You da Nanny!
>>
>> So, you approve of the stinky, lying troll flatfish? It figures.
>
> I approve of him posting anything he wants - as long as it doesn't approach
> the outrageous stupidity and lies of many of the cola Linux "advocates". He
> contributes many more relevant posts than chrisv and Willie Poaster and
> several other "advocates" combined.

None of his contributions is worth much. You think stalking Roy and
writing trash about Linux is useful? Guess that figures too.

There was a time when flatty did have some meagre grasp of decent
discussion, but that is long since past. NOw he just spouts personal
attacks and pretends he doesn't nymshift.

> What I don't approve of is your net-nannyism, always trying to boss people
> around and tell them what and how to post.

You want to tell me flatfish can post whatever lying filth he likes, but I
can't tell him to fuck off? How does that work, exactly?

--
Kier

Peter Köhlmann

Nov 29, 2007, 11:16:51 AM11/29/07
DFS wrote:

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> After all, DumbFullShit himself is a troll.
>> He is also a liar.
>
> What did I lie about, moron?

Better ask what you have not yet lied about
The list would be considerable shorter

>> And, like flatfish, a filthy racist
>
> Like Kier, you lack exposure to and experience with certain races.

As usual, you *assume* to know something about me
You don't have the slightest idea what experience I have

> All your "knowledge" comes from The Cosby Show. Hint for a dumbass:
> that's not real life.

Well, there we have it again: You are a filthy racist. A swine.
How's your KKK chapter doing? Already had flatfish as a guest speaker?
--
If you had any brains, you'd be dangerous.

DFS

Nov 29, 2007, 11:57:18 AM11/29/07
Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> DFS wrote:

>> Peter Khlmann wrote:
>>
>>> After all, DumbFullShit himself is a troll.
>>> He is also a liar.
>>
>> What did I lie about, moron?
>
> Better ask what you have not yet lied about
> The list would be considerable shorter

I've made many posts to cola, and your claim is a majority of them contain
lies? Yet you can't produce a single one?

You're a loser, Kohlmann.

>>> And, like flatfish, a filthy racist
>>
>> Like Kier, you lack exposure to and experience with certain races.
>
> As usual, you *assume* to know something about me
> You don't have the slightest idea what experience I have

I know you're an extremely pathetic Linux "advocate" hypocrite who earns a
living with Windows.

>> All your "knowledge" comes from The Cosby Show. Hint for a dumbass:
>> that's not real life.
>
> Well, there we have it again: You are a filthy racist. A swine.

ROFL! You really do believe the Cosby Show is an accurate portrayal of
negroids.

You ignorant ass. This is the reality:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22008724/

flatfish

Nov 29, 2007, 12:13:40 PM11/29/07

Kier must be one of those guys who likes their wife to beat them up.
He gets called all kinds of names by the COLA gang and still goes back
and licks their boots.

Of course the COLA gang realized that their membership is running
really low at the moment, about 5 I think, so they apologized to Kier
because even he is better than nothing.

It's too bad, because Kier is one of the few here that make sense.

Kier

Nov 29, 2007, 12:14:26 PM11/29/07

Try this, you swine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Beharry

He won the VC for *two* acts of extreme bravery.

--
Kier

Kier

Nov 29, 2007, 12:17:19 PM11/29/07
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:13:40 -0500, flatfish wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:41:16 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
>
>>Kier wrote:
>>> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:22:18 -0500, flatfish wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Go the hell away, you stinky little troll.
>>
>>You tell 'im Kier! You da Nanny!
>
> Kier must be one of those guys who likes their wife to beat them up.

That would be difficult, stinky, since I'm not married.

> He gets called all kinds of names by the COLA gang and still goes back
> and licks their boots.

No, stinky, I don't.

> Of course the COLA gang realized that their membership is running
> really low at the moment, about 5 I think, so they apologized to Kier
> because even he is better than nothing.

YOu're still wrong, stinky.

> It's too bad, because Kier is one of the few here that make sense.

Praise from you is worthless, stinky.

--
Kier

flatfish

Nov 29, 2007, 12:35:50 PM11/29/07

Do you know how to sing "My Favorite Things" or
"Supercalifragilicious" ?

Do you have a bottomless overnight bag and an umbrella that flys?

What about "Climb Every Mountain" ?

Oops, wrong movie,,,,,

alt

Nov 29, 2007, 2:59:44 PM11/29/07

It's a keyboard. You press keys and electrical impulses get sent to the
CPU. Now THAT was novel at one point. The keyboard layout isn't novel. I
don't care what language you intend to input on it, it's not novel. It's a
bloody stupid patent.

Tim Smith

Nov 29, 2007, 3:13:21 PM11/29/07
On 2007-11-29, alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> wrote:
>> How do you know that? Have you read the patent? Or do you know so much
>> about multi-lingual keyboard design that you can state for sure that
>> every conceivable idea in that area has already been done, and there is
>> no possible way for anyone to ever have a novel idea in that field
>> again?
>
> It's a keyboard. You press keys and electrical impulses get sent to the
> CPU. Now THAT was novel at one point. The keyboard layout isn't novel. I
> don't care what language you intend to input on it, it's not novel. It's a
> bloody stupid patent.

So you've read the patent?

Linonut

Nov 29, 2007, 9:55:43 PM11/29/07
* Peter Köhlmann fired off this tart reply:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> Like Kier, you lack exposure to and experience with certain races.
>
> As usual, you *assume* to know something about me
> You don't have the slightest idea what experience I have
>
>> All your "knowledge" comes from The Cosby Show. Hint for a dumbass:
>> that's not real life.
>
> Well, there we have it again: You are a filthy racist. A swine.
> How's your KKK chapter doing? Already had flatfish as a guest speaker?

The local Med. U. had Bill Cosby here as a speaker a couple of years ago.

My wife attended, and was very impressed with his bearing, his
intelligence, and his attitude.

DFS would do well to emulate the example of Bill Cosby.

Hell, even I would be improved!

--
Tux rox!

Linonut

Nov 29, 2007, 9:58:40 PM11/29/07
* Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:

I'm not sure it would matter all that much. It would be pretty
difficult to evaluate it without a lot of work, and even then there
might be some ambiguity as to the applicability of the patent. And it
is well known, I think, that multiple patents often get awarded to
similar pieces of functionality.

--
Tux rox!

flatfish

Nov 29, 2007, 10:06:31 PM11/29/07
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:55:43 -0500, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut>
wrote:

I can almost guarentee you that DFS will agree with what Bill Cosby
says.

I know that I do.

Why?

Bill says, get off your ass, pull your pants up, tie the laces on your
$200 sneakers, forget about being a basketball star, respect your
women, bury your filthy RAP music and go out get an education so you
can get a better job and earn some respect not to mention a living so
you don't become yet another generation on welfare.

I also have a deep respect for Roy Innis, the founder of CORE.

Now why is it that the black community at large have so many problems
with Cosby and Innis?

Because they tell it like it is instead of candy coating the subject.

chrisv

Nov 30, 2007, 8:11:15 AM11/30/07
Linonut wrote:

>The local Med. U. had Bill Cosby here as a speaker a couple of years ago.
>
>My wife attended, and was very impressed with his bearing, his
>intelligence, and his attitude.
>
>DFS would do well to emulate the example of Bill Cosby.
>
>Hell, even I would be improved!

Yeah, I love the way he's come-out publicly against the idiotic slang
that so many American blacks have adapted...

Linonut

Nov 30, 2007, 8:52:40 AM11/30/07
* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:55:43 -0500, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut>
> wrote:
>
>>My wife attended, and was very impressed with his bearing, his
>>intelligence, and his attitude.
>>
>>DFS would do well to emulate the example of Bill Cosby.
>>
>>Hell, even I would be improved!
>
> I can almost guarentee you that DFS will agree with what Bill Cosby
> says.
>

> Bill says, get off your ass, pull your pants up, tie the laces on your
> $200 sneakers, forget about being a basketball star, respect your
> women, bury your filthy RAP music and go out get an education so you
> can get a better job and earn some respect not to mention a living so
> you don't become yet another generation on welfare.
>
> I also have a deep respect for Roy Innis, the founder of CORE.
>
> Now why is it that the black community at large have so many problems
> with Cosby and Innis?

What makes you think that? He seemed pretty popular all around when he
was here.

> Because they tell it like it is instead of candy coating the subject.

Funny. When I overhear black people in this area talking about social
problems, they sound a lot like your paraphrasing of Cosby above.

In other words, they sound mainstream, conservative, and devoted to
family values.

You and DFS simply magnify the problem child beyond all proportion.

Now time for that stroll down America Street

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=America+St,+Charleston,+SC+29403,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

--
Tux rox!

Linonut

Nov 30, 2007, 11:37:53 AM11/30/07
* chrisv fired off this tart reply:

Groovy man. Far out! Like hip! I dig it. Been there done that.
That's showing some real testicular fortitude. It's the bomb.
It's the schizzle! WTF! LMAO!

Are you kidding me? Slang is the lifeblood of every frickin' community
on Earth! You should bone up on a couple of Steven Pinker books.

--
Tux rox!

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 11:39:04 AM11/30/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:52:40 -0500, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut>
wrote:

Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
afraid of stepping on peoples toes.

One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
Cosby is right.
Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

Kier

Nov 30, 2007, 11:44:42 AM11/30/07

A lot of the early black slang must have come from the strange mixture of
English/French etc and the many African languages the slaves spoke. And is
it any wonder black people don't want to talk the way whites do, given how
vilely they've often been treated?

Criminal cant is an interesting subject, too - some of it goes back
centuries and is still be used in modified forms to this day.

--
Kier

Kier

Nov 30, 2007, 11:47:51 AM11/30/07

You are missing the most obvious point - they behave like that for a
reason. Try imagining for once in your life that your entire race has been
slandered, mistreated, enslaved, traduced and marginalised for *centuries*
by white people. Then ask yourself why it surprised anyone many blacks
should reject white society and values?

--
Kier

chrisv

Nov 30, 2007, 12:17:34 PM11/30/07
Linonut wrote:

Stuff like "what it be"? Bill disagrees.

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 12:18:39 PM11/30/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:47:51 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>You are missing the most obvious point - they behave like that for a
>reason. Try imagining for once in your life that your entire race has been
>slandered, mistreated, enslaved, traduced and marginalised for *centuries*
>by white people. Then ask yourself why it surprised anyone many blacks
>should reject white society and values?

I agree with you but the cycle must be broken and skipping school to
shoot hoops in the hope that you will become an NBA star is not the
way to do it.
Neither is making babies at the age of 12.

Nor is following so called "black leaders" like Sharpton, Jackson and
Farrakhan who feed off the black situation like parasites.

How do explain the Asian immigrants who come to USA with virtually
nothing and start businesses, put the next generation through school
and generally live the American dream?

Even the illegal aliens coming across the Mexican border just want to
come here for a better life and in general work very hard at menial
jobs with the hopes of someday becoming a success.

Now go and take a walk through that ghetto and look around and you
will soon see the problem.

Kier

Nov 30, 2007, 12:31:30 PM11/30/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:18:39 -0500, flatfish wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:47:51 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>You are missing the most obvious point - they behave like that for a
>>reason. Try imagining for once in your life that your entire race has been
>>slandered, mistreated, enslaved, traduced and marginalised for *centuries*
>>by white people. Then ask yourself why it surprised anyone many blacks
>>should reject white society and values?
>
> I agree with you but the cycle must be broken and skipping school to
> shoot hoops in the hope that you will become an NBA star is not the
> way to do it.

Sport has actually been one of the tradition ways of escape. Though of
course not all succeed.

> Neither is making babies at the age of 12.

True, but that is by no means confined to the black community.

> Nor is following so called "black leaders" like Sharpton, Jackson and
> Farrakhan who feed off the black situation like parasites.

They could do better, but they too have their own reasons for distrusting
white society.

> How do explain the Asian immigrants who come to USA with virtually
> nothing and start businesses, put the next generation through school
> and generally live the American dream?

To begin with, they mostly don't have the historical baggage that blacks
carry - they are not the descendants of slaves, for the most part.

> Even the illegal aliens coming across the Mexican border just want to
> come here for a better life and in general work very hard at menial
> jobs with the hopes of someday becoming a success.

Yes - and look how they are very often treated.

> Now go and take a walk through that ghetto and look around and you
> will soon see the problem.

Not all blacks live in the getto, not all blacks are lazy or criminal. Not
all whites are hardworking and law-abiding.

--
Kier

Walter Smeddler

Nov 30, 2007, 12:40:18 PM11/30/07

"Kier" <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

I have nothing against blacks. I actually had a black roomate my sophmore
year at the university and we got along fine. I'm about to do a little
"generalizing" here and obviously this doesn't apply to *every* black
person. Just as a "generalization" wouldn't apply to all white people.

The biggest problem is that black people have no leadership. There's nobody
like Dr. Martin Luther King to lift them. Unfortunately their "leaders" are
a bunch of worthless race-pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who are
smart enough to realize that they can make a good living for themselves by
constantly treating the rest of the black community as victims.

Sadly the black community generally wants to be treated as professional
victims. It's easy to blame your failures on "somebody else" (the white man)
instead of facing up to your own failures. Don't bother learning proper
English. Don't bother learning how to read and write. Go have 8 kids with 8
different fathers by the age of 23. Sit around and smoke dope and drink beer
all day instead of studying or working. It's not your fault... it's that
damn "white man" keeping you down.

That's much easier than what the immigrants from Europe and Asia do which is
educate yourself and work. Funny that when immigrants come from these places
who don't even speak the language they are able to succeed and do just fine
for themselves. They don't need to play the role of a "professional victim"
to justify their failures. Other immigrants don't need to make excuses for
failure because if anyone works hard enough they will NOT fail. Europeans
and Asians are able to both learn English (real english.. .not ghetto talk),
go to school, work and succeed all at the same time.

The black community needs to top making excuses and take a good long look at
it itself. It's not failing because of whites, europeans, asians, mexicans,
etc. It's failing itself.

Kier

Nov 30, 2007, 12:48:12 PM11/30/07

Well, they don't have Dr. King because he was murdered.

> a bunch of worthless race-pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who are
> smart enough to realize that they can make a good living for themselves by
> constantly treating the rest of the black community as victims.
>
> Sadly the black community generally wants to be treated as professional
> victims. It's easy to blame your failures on "somebody else" (the white man)

This may be true. But it's not an easy matter to move on.

> instead of facing up to your own failures. Don't bother learning proper
> English. Don't bother learning how to read and write. Go have 8 kids with 8
> different fathers by the age of 23. Sit around and smoke dope and drink beer

Failings that are not confined to the black community.

> all day instead of studying or working. It's not your fault... it's that
> damn "white man" keeping you down.
>
> That's much easier than what the immigrants from Europe and Asia do which is
> educate yourself and work. Funny that when immigrants come from these places
> who don't even speak the language they are able to succeed and do just fine
> for themselves. They don't need to play the role of a "professional victim"
> to justify their failures. Other immigrants don't need to make excuses for
> failure because if anyone works hard enough they will NOT fail. Europeans
> and Asians are able to both learn English (real english.. .not ghetto talk),
> go to school, work and succeed all at the same time.

On the contrary, many of them never learn it - they remain in their little
ethnic groups, and never move outside them.

> The black community needs to top making excuses and take a good long look at
> it itself. It's not failing because of whites, europeans, asians, mexicans,
> etc. It's failing itself.

Perhaps. But there are ample reasons why this is so. Try asking a black
man who served his country during WW2 how he and his fellow black
soldiers were treated.

--
Kier

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 12:59:44 PM11/30/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:31:30 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Sport has actually been one of the tradition ways of escape. Though of
>course not all succeed.

The number is infintessimal and besides there is nothing wrong with
getting an education and doing sports at the same time.

>> Neither is making babies at the age of 12.
>
>True, but that is by no means confined to the black community.

No, but it is common and unfortunately accepted as a way of life
instead of "ooops I did it again".

>> Nor is following so called "black leaders" like Sharpton, Jackson and
>> Farrakhan who feed off the black situation like parasites.
>
>They could do better, but they too have their own reasons for distrusting
>white society.

Of course they do.
Chief amongst them is $$$$$$

>> How do explain the Asian immigrants who come to USA with virtually
>> nothing and start businesses, put the next generation through school
>> and generally live the American dream?
>
>To begin with, they mostly don't have the historical baggage that blacks
>carry - they are not the descendants of slaves, for the most part.

Cop out.

The Asians can;t even speak the language, are coming from another
country.
The blacks are already here and speak the language.

The difference is drive and determination along with self respect and
a belief in family values and the work ethic.
As opposed to instant gratification.

>> Even the illegal aliens coming across the Mexican border just want to
>> come here for a better life and in general work very hard at menial
>> jobs with the hopes of someday becoming a success.
>
>Yes - and look how they are very often treated.

I have mixed opinions on this.
I would prefer to see them enter legally but there is no denying that
most are very hard workers and cause few troubles.

>> Now go and take a walk through that ghetto and look around and you
>> will soon see the problem.
>
>Not all blacks live in the getto, not all blacks are lazy or criminal. Not
>all whites are hardworking and law-abiding.

Of course not but statistics don't lie and they are getting worse for
the black population even with all the programs and assistance
available to them these days.
All one has to do is stay in school, get decent grades and college is
just about a given.

Walter Smeddler

Nov 30, 2007, 1:01:30 PM11/30/07

I agree that there were definitely a lot of injustices in the past. Your
WWII example is just one of them. There's also the Korean War, Vietnam and
then there's the grand daddy of them all... slavery. What happened in the
past wasn't right but todays young black youth weren't slaves and didn't
serve in WWII, Korean or Vietnam so they can't use that as an excuse. Todays
black youth has more available to them in terms of grants, subsidies,
scholarships and what-not than any other race. They should take advantage of
this instead of complaining how the white-man owes them because of what
happened 150 years ago with slavery. I'm a young white man and I never owned
a slave and neither did anyone in my family tree. Why should I be forced to
pay for someone elses mistakes?

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 1:07:56 PM11/30/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:48:12 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Perhaps. But there are ample reasons why this is so. Try asking a black
>man who served his country during WW2 how he and his fellow black
>soldiers were treated.

They were treated horribly and it's just been recently that they are
getting the credit and honor that they deserve. Sadly it's too late
for most of them.
Slavery was wrong.
So was the British vs Irish/Scots/etc, The Vikings vs everyone, The
Huns vs whomever etc....
History is full of war, prisoners and slavery.

The black community needs real leaders, like Roy Innis, Wynton and
Branford Marsalis and some others instead of Sharpton, Jackson and
people like OJ Simpson, who many blacks feel didn't kill his wife and
her friend.
Worshiping overpaid, slimy athletes and entertainment people is no way
to live life.
Take a look at TV.
Ever see the show "Cribs" ?
It's a disgusting example of the 'me generation' and instant
gratification.

Linonut

Nov 30, 2007, 2:33:40 PM11/30/07
* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=America+St,+Charleston,+SC+29403,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

> Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
> Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
> afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
>
> One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
> Cosby is right.

Well, why don't you just stroll through a higher-income neighborhood
instead.

> Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
> exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

--
Tux rox!

Linonut

Nov 30, 2007, 2:38:46 PM11/30/07
* chrisv fired off this tart reply:

> Linonut wrote:
>
>>* chrisv fired off this tart reply:
>>

>>Groovy man. Far out! Like hip! I dig it. Been there done that.
>>That's showing some real testicular fortitude. It's the bomb.
>>It's the schizzle! WTF! LMAO!
>>
>>Are you kidding me? Slang is the lifeblood of every frickin' community
>>on Earth! You should bone up on a couple of Steven Pinker books.
>
> Stuff like "what it be"? Bill disagrees.

Too bad Bill ain't no way a linguist. I could care less what he say.
He done snowed hisself. The sun-bitch thinks people talk like business
folk alla time? I'd like to catch him talkin' to his posse when they
all alone in 'is sty!

Is jess the same ez Hadron 'n his dogz tryin' to clamp down on Linux
die-ver-sah-teh! Ain' no way, sly. People do what they no, ain'
nuttin' you gonna do 'bout. Cloud talk, dude.

--
Tux rox!

Walter Smeddler

Nov 30, 2007, 2:51:16 PM11/30/07

"Linonut" <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote in message

>* flatfish fired off this tart reply:
>

>>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=America+St,+Charleston,+SC+29403,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title
>>
>> Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
>> Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
>> afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
>>
>> One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
>> Cosby is right.
>
> Well, why don't you just stroll through a higher-income neighborhood
> instead.

From all the information I see the median white family household income is
60% higher than that of a black family. When it comes to the "upper income"
brackets ($100k or more) the ratio of white to blacks is more than 2 to 1.

So if one were to stroll through a higher-income neighborhood you'd be far
less likely to see as many black people. It's not racist. It's simply a
fact. Unless you're trying to claim that like linux, black income "can't be
measured."

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0104552.html

>> Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
>> exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.
>
> And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

Just about every statistics shows far beyond any reasonable doubt or error
of margin that the black race is underperforming all other races in this
country. (Including hispanics and MOST DEFINITELY underperforming Asians.)

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 2:52:57 PM11/30/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:33:40 -0500, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut>
wrote:

>* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

>>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=America+St,+Charleston,+SC+29403,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title
>>
>> Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
>> Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
>> afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
>>
>> One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
>> Cosby is right.
>
>Well, why don't you just stroll through a higher-income neighborhood
>instead.

I do every day during my morning stroll on the beach.

>> Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
>> exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.
>
>And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

The black community is in serious trouble.

High Plains Thumper

Nov 30, 2007, 4:24:03 PM11/30/07
flatfish wrote:
> Peter "Crank One Off" Kränkwonov<pk...@muc-lug.de>, flatfish sock puppet
> wrote:
>> Karen Hill writes:
>>
>>> Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been
>>> sued for patent infringement. The US based Nigerian
>>> company claims that the OLPC association violates its
>>> patents on keyboard design.
>>>
>>> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745
>>
>> Not good. What were they thinking to steal other people's
>> code? This is big problems for OLPC.

Interesting, an accusation already formed regarding stealing
code, very old, very tired, very wrong.

> That's what SOME Linux people do.

Oh, now the accusation against the Linux community, how strange.

> Ask Roy Schestowitz about using graphics without an author's
> permission and then continuing to use said graphics even after
> being notified.
>
> It took a cease and desist order to get Roy Schestowitz to
> remove the copyrighted graphics from his web page.
>
> It's all in google.

Correct, it is all in Google, another trumped up charge that has
little to do with advocacy.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5c4fb6d75517c9f7?

[quote]
A casual browse of his website shows mostly text with very
little graphics. What limited graphics exist appear generic and
iconish.

He used WordPress, an open source publishing software:

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress

/quote/
We are proud to offer you a freely distributed, standards-
compliant, fast, light and free personal publishing platform,
with sensible default settings and features, and an extremely
customizable core.

License and Platform

* License : WordPress is licensed under the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html).
/-quote/

I do not think use of WordPress images with the application are
considered illegal.

Furthermore, alternate webpage with images at

http://schestowitz.com/Art/Schestowitz/images.html

has 12 images limited to textual reference to his website name.

IMHO, Fare Use clause in British copyright law allows the use of
an image downloaded from the internet for personal use and
research, provided credit is given to the owner/author. Being a
graduate student, Mr. Schestowitz is a researcher.

Did Mr. Schestowitz defame the author? I think not.

Did he stretch the Fare Use clause in British copyright law by
posting this only image on the net? Perhaps.

However, would the American author consider it worthwhile to go
after a college student, seeking compensation on British soil
for a personal non-profit blog site with limited content and low
volume hits? That would be ridiculous.
[/quote]

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Nov 30, 2007, 6:23:12 PM11/30/07
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Karen Hill on Wednesday:
>
>> X-No-Archive:yes

>> Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been sued
>> for patent infringement. The US based Nigerian company
>> claims that the OLPC association violates its patents on
>> keyboard design.
>>
>> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745
>
> Hold on a second.
>
> Nigerian Patent Infringement Lawsuit: Scam or Shame?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> After reading that story I went to look for the Nigerian
> Patent Office's website, unfortunately according to the WIPO
> (World Intellectual Property Organization) directory there's
> no such thing. Probing further I found that the Nigerian
> Industrial Property Offices use a @yahoo.com e-mail address.
> That was the point where I stopped my search for an
> online-version of Patent # RD8489 even though I would really
> liked to take a look at it!
> `----
>
> http://www.olpcnews.com/hardware/keyboard/olpc_patent_infringement_scam.html

I found this quote of interest:

[quote]
LANCOR is a pioneer in the development of advanced physical
multilingual keyboard technology using four shift keys and
characters with combining properties to allow for direct access
typing of accents, symbols and diacritical marks during regular
typing. LANCOR's technology named Shift2 keyboard technology has
been used to create a new class of region specific based
keyboards called KONYIN Multilingual Keyboards, which are
currently on sale globally. (http://www.konyin.com)
[/quote]

For example,

http://www.konyin.com/?page=product.Multilingual%20Keyboard%20for%20UNITED%20STATES&menuitem=2

How can anyone violate a patent on standard style key click
additional keys, used in a shift arrangement? So what if they
produce additional key codes by being used in a shift
arrangement? IMHO, there is nothing innovative about that.

Original concept on patents were to protect one's work - and I
mean "WORK", i.e., labour, time and costs expended, research, on
something that was a REAL and uniquely innovative invention.

Nowadays they would even patent CTRL-ALT-DEL. Perhaps I should
file for a "H-P-T" key code patent. :-)

This is maddening.

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Nov 30, 2007, 6:39:52 PM11/30/07
flatfish wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Karen Hill on Wednesday:
>>
>>> X-No-Archive:yes
>>>
>>> Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been
>>> sued for patent infringement. The US based Nigerian
>>> company claims that the OLPC association violates its
>>> patents on keyboard design.
>>>
>>> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745
>>
>> Hold on a second.
>
> But I thought Karen Hill was flatfish?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f82528674303c824
>
> You can't have it both ways Roy,,,, Actually, in your case,
> maybe you can.....

Problem is you have no testimony, no credibility. One does not
know whether you are telling the truth or not, posting as
flatfish. Observations regarding continual nymshifting with
disposable nyms, sometimes even cloning advocate ones enforces
that lack of credibility.

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html

[quote]
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Flatfish - Troll

Name: flatfish+++ (Gary Stewart in real life)

Traits:

* Nym shifting (see below)
* Self confessed thief and proud of it
* Homophobic
* Racist
* Habitual liar
* Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related
newsgroups

The flatfish troll nyms shifts an extraordinary amount often
using the nyms as sock puppets. Here is a list of some of the
nyms the flatfish troll has used (NB: flatfish will often use the
names of other posters as nyms):

Abbie Diaz, achmed.jones, Aftab Singh, Allen Cusimano, Allie
Perkins, Allison Juergans, allison_hunt1969, Alicia Hunt, Ana
Thema, andyschipowitz, Anna Banger, anonymous, arkady.duntov,

<SNIP>
[/quote]

344 nyms expressed, and these are only a subset.

--
HPT

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 6:50:28 PM11/30/07

I'm blushing!
You give me far too much credit.

Now about my link on your webpage.
I would prefer to have a rose colored background.
Can Linux master that?
Also, the fonts are a little fuzzy so I would like them replaced as
well.

See that this is done ASAP.

The Ghost In The Machine

Nov 30, 2007, 7:29:33 PM11/30/07
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, flatfish
<flat...@linuxmail.org>
wrote
on Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:50:28 -0500
<ua81l3l348sl7habl...@4ax.com>:

Linux, no; Linux doesn't do webpages. [*] Epiphany, yes.

Edit > Preferences, Fonts & Style, Use Custom Stylesheet,
Edit Stylesheet, type in the following:

a { background-color: #ff9900; }

Close, and reload. Presto. Every link is now rose-colored.
Might be a little hard for those who don't know CSS, of course,
but that's easy to find in W3.org in a pinch.

Unfortunately, removing this color later is a bit tricky;
I had to restart Epiphany. Also, I am not sure whether
this is associated with that particular page or all pages.

Firefox doesn't have this particular capability; neither
does Opera or Galeon. Konqueror allows for the usage of a
user-defined stylesheet, but no editing thereof (which is
OK; text editors on Linux abound. Of course since there
are more than 3 text editors people will get so confused
they'll all go back to Windows Notepad. :-) )

Dunno what IE has in this area. IE6 on Linux/WinE has
colors and fonts; that's about it.

> Also, the fonts are a little fuzzy so I would like them replaced as
> well.

Same deal.

> See that this is done ASAP.

ObMoron: Lazy.

[*] Of course it doesn't. Might serve them up to Apache,
of course, or allow Epiphany et al to look up web
servers and open sockets thereto. Lots of distros
offer both.

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Useless C++ Programming Idea #992398129:
void f(unsigned u) { if(u < 0) ... }

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 7:48:48 PM11/30/07

Ok Ghost.
I put you in charge of fixing their miserable looking web site up.

High Plains Thumper

Nov 30, 2007, 8:03:35 PM11/30/07
flatfish wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:

<SNIP>

>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html

<SNIP>

>> 344 nyms expressed, and these are only a subset.
>
> I'm blushing! You give me far too much credit.

Again, you have no credibility.

> Now about my link on your webpage. I would prefer to have a
> rose colored background. Can Linux master that? Also, the
> fonts are a little fuzzy so I would like them replaced as
> well.
>
> See that this is done ASAP.

Except I don't own that blog. I don't know who does. However,
the author hit the nail on the head with it.

--
HPT

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 8:07:05 PM11/30/07

Roy Culley aka Robert Parsonage = 100 other nyms owns the page.
Don't pretend you don't know.

Linonut

Nov 30, 2007, 8:48:41 PM11/30/07
* Walter Smeddler fired off this tart reply:

> From all the information I see the median white family household income is
> 60% higher than that of a black family. When it comes to the "upper income"
> brackets ($100k or more) the ratio of white to blacks is more than 2 to 1.
>
> So if one were to stroll through a higher-income neighborhood you'd be far
> less likely to see as many black people. It's not racist. It's simply a
> fact. Unless you're trying to claim that like linux, black income "can't be
> measured."

Doesn't matter. Pick neighborhoods of comparable income, and let me
know what you find out about the people that live there.

>> And just what do they prove, hmmmm?
>
> Just about every statistics shows far beyond any reasonable doubt or error
> of margin that the black race is underperforming all other races in this
> country. (Including hispanics and MOST DEFINITELY underperforming Asians.)

So what? Are you trying to say that "blacks" (race is somewhat of a
meaningless concept, scientifically) are of inferior genetic stock?
Or that white bias still continues, and is emphasized in the poorer
areas?

--
Tux rox!

Linonut

Nov 30, 2007, 8:50:15 PM11/30/07

You're ascribing a uniformity of condition that is definitely /not/
there.

You guys seem to be saying "You want me to find you some bad black
people? Find me a bad neighborhood."

--
Tux rox!

High Plains Thumper

Nov 30, 2007, 8:52:08 PM11/30/07
flatfish wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> flatfish wrote:
>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>>
>> <SNIP>

>> <SNIP>

>>> I'm blushing! You give me far too much credit.
>>
>> Again, you have no credibility.
>>
>>> Now about my link on your webpage. I would prefer to have
>>> a rose colored background. Can Linux master that? Also,
>>> the fonts are a little fuzzy so I would like them replaced
>>> as well.
>>>
>>> See that this is done ASAP.
>>
>> Except I don't own that blog. I don't know who does.
>> However, the author hit the nail on the head with it.
>
> Roy Culley aka Robert Parsonage = 100 other nyms owns the
> page. Don't pretend you don't know.

You're losing it, flatfish. It was you that stated, "Now about
my link on your webpage." You implied that I owned that blog, I
do not. Your accusation regarding Roy Culley nymshifting 100
times is baseless.

I do not know who owns that blog. Nor do I know who Robert
Parsonage is.

One thing is consistent. You have no credibility.

--
HPT

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 9:37:32 PM11/30/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:50:15 -0500, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut>
wrote:

Pick one.
Detroit was just recently named most dangerous city in the USA.
Guess what the demographics are?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21870766/

How about the most and least dangerous cities in the USA?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html

I've been to several of them for example:

Camden N.J. is right on the road to Atlantic City.
Don't even ask.........
It looks like Dresden after the war.

Guess what these cities have in common?

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 9:38:28 PM11/30/07

I never said you own the blog.
And you know damm well who Rober Parsonage is.
He is Roy Culley.
That's a given.
Google it.

Tim Smith

Nov 30, 2007, 10:32:08 PM11/30/07
On 2007-11-30, High Plains Thumper <highplai...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> flatfish wrote:
>> Ask Roy Schestowitz about using graphics without an author's
>> permission and then continuing to use said graphics even after
>> being notified.
>>
>> It took a cease and desist order to get Roy Schestowitz to
>> remove the copyrighted graphics from his web page.
>>
>> It's all in google.
>
> Correct, it is all in Google, another trumped up charge that has
> little to do with advocacy.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5c4fb6d75517c9f7?

[Usual gob of irrelevancy HPT always posts deleted]

Of course, that has nothing to do with what Flatfish is talking about,
and you know that. Flatfish is talking about the incident where Roy
took the work of a commercial artist, who sells licenses for the use of
that work on the net, and decided that if he (Roy) gave credit to the
artist, he didn't need to get a license, even though Roy was using it in
a way not covered by fair use, and in a way to diminish the market for
the work. The incident where, when informed that what he was doing was
wrong, Roy did not do the right thing (which 99% of us here would have
done) and immediately take down the image until he could contact the
artist and work something out--instead he kept the image up for weeks,
before finally obeying the law and the artists requests, and took it
down.

Oh, but Roy uses Linux, so you HAVE to support him, even when he is
ripping off an artist, don't you? That's what you think Linux advocacy
means.

flatfish

Nov 30, 2007, 10:58:39 PM11/30/07

Exactly!
Thank you Tim.

I'm convinced that people like HPT will lie tooth and nail just to
back up Linux and the so called Linux supporters, like Roy and Mark.

All of these people make all kinds of accusations yet they never seem
to provide any proof and when a person asks for proof they even make
fun of that request by brushing it off.

I've asked a simple question.
Prove I am Gary Stewart.
I've offered to contribute to a charity of the person's choice.
People keep making the accusation, stating it like it is fact yet they
can't seem to prove it.
And if they can't even prove I am one person, how on earth can they
prove I am all the people in that ridiculous list?

I am a couple of them BTW, only because I've changed ISP's several
times over the years.
And they can't even prove those ones without help from me.

Frankly this group has become a total fraud.
A maniac spammer who is a liar and thief as well who has a couple of
wannabes hanging around him.
That's about the size of it.

Kier

Dec 1, 2007, 2:03:39 AM12/1/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:38:28 -0500, flatfish wrote:

> I never said you own the blog.
> And you know damm well who Rober Parsonage is.
> He is Roy Culley.
> That's a given.
> Google it.

Actually, it's only a given with people like you. To the rest of us it's
merely an unproven supposition.

--
Kier

Kier

Dec 1, 2007, 2:11:45 AM12/1/07

Poverty.

--
Kier

Kier

Dec 1, 2007, 2:14:15 AM12/1/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:58:39 -0500, flatfish wrote:

> Frankly this group has become a total fraud.
> A maniac spammer who is a liar and thief as well who has a couple of

Copyright violation is not theft, flatty, and you are the biggest liar and
fraud in this group. If you don't like it here, you know where the door
is.

--
Kier

High Plains Thumper

Dec 1, 2007, 4:58:47 AM12/1/07
flatfish wrote:
> Tim Smith wrote:

>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> Correct, it is all in Google, another trumped up charge
>>> that has little to do with advocacy.
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5c4fb6d75517c9f7?
>>
>> [Usual gob of irrelevancy HPT always posts deleted]

[Tim Smith's usual selective troll snippage reinstated]

>>> Correct, it is all in Google, another trumped up charge
>>> that has little to do with advocacy.
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5c4fb6d75517c9f7?
>>>

>>> [quote]
>>> A casual browse of his website shows mostly text with very
>>> little graphics. What limited graphics exist appear
>>> generic and iconish.

<SNIP>

>>> IMHO, Fare Use clause in British copyright law allows the
>>> use of an image downloaded from the internet for personal
>>> use and research, provided credit is given to the
>>> owner/author. Being a graduate student, Mr. Schestowitz
>>> is a researcher.
>>>
>>> Did Mr. Schestowitz defame the author? I think not.
>>>
>>> Did he stretch the Fare Use clause in British copyright
>>> law by posting this only image on the net? Perhaps.
>>>
>>> However, would the American author consider it worthwhile
>>> to go after a college student, seeking compensation on
>>> British soil for a personal non-profit blog site with
>>> limited content and low volume hits? That would be
>>> ridiculous.
>>> [/quote]
>>

>> Of course, that has nothing to do with what Flatfish is
>> talking about, and you know that. Flatfish is talking about
>> the incident where Roy took the work of a commercial
>> artist, who sells licenses for the use of that work on the
>> net, and decided that if he (Roy) gave credit to the artist,
>> he didn't need to get a license, even though Roy was using
>> it in a way not covered by fair use, and in a way to
>> diminish the market for the work. The incident where, when
>> informed that what he was doing was wrong, Roy did not do
>> the right thing (which 99% of us here would have done) and
>> immediately take down the image until he could contact the
>> artist and work something out--instead he kept the image up
>> for weeks, before finally obeying the law and the artists
>> requests, and took it down.

Here we go again, the same old, tired rants, non-Linux advocacy
stuff being hounded on non-COLA issues 17 months later. You have
a way of making a mountain out of a mole hill, don't you, Timmy?

>> Oh, but Roy uses Linux, so you HAVE to support him, even
>> when he is ripping off an artist, don't you? That's what
>> you think Linux advocacy means.
>
> Exactly! Thank you Tim.
>
> I'm convinced that people like HPT will lie tooth and nail
> just to back up Linux and the so called Linux supporters, like
> Roy and Mark.

Hmmm, interesting anti-Linux advocacy agenda. The same
accusations. Calling those that post unfavourably liars. Very
rude, very inappropriate. I found this quote of great interest
made July 23, 2006, still appropriate:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0ec63927eb89dbed?

[quote]
My approach to this has changed a lot over the years. I used to
offer the benefit of the doubt to posters who looked new or I
didn't know, but over time, I've seen so many troll posts, that I
just tend to plonk on sight, sometimes with a short (1 liner)
warning to the rest of the group. I think I just lack the
patience...

The whole experience of being in cola has been very interesting,
as it has 100% confirmed that there is a class or group of
people, like Erik F, Tim Smith, Flatty/Gary, Grug, k-man and so
on who will take a great and deliberate delight from off-topic
posting, and will follow any possible argument they can to
support what they do. There is nothing anyone can say to them
which is going to move them from their positions - they are only
here to disrupt, and that is what they will do. I've
speculated many times on the kind of personality it must take to
do that; and the impact on the person over a long period. I
suspect it's quite nasty. I wonder if they'll ever recover?
[/quote]

> All of these people make all kinds of accusations yet they
> never seem to provide any proof and when a person asks for
> proof they even make fun of that request by brushing it off.
>
> I've asked a simple question. Prove I am Gary Stewart. I've
> offered to contribute to a charity of the person's choice.
> People keep making the accusation, stating it like it is fact
> yet they can't seem to prove it. And if they can't even prove
> I am one person, how on earth can they prove I am all the
> people in that ridiculous list?
>
> I am a couple of them BTW, only because I've changed ISP's
> several times over the years. And they can't even prove those
> ones without help from me.
>
> Frankly this group has become a total fraud. A maniac spammer
> who is a liar and thief as well who has a couple of wannabes
> hanging around him. That's about the size of it.

Your rant has nothing to do with Linux advocacy. Reference:

[quote]
1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
operating systems.

That single sentence is the one and only charter of the
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is for
the newsgroup as a place for supporters of Linux to gather to
discuss Linux, for the betterment of the Linux community and the
promotion and development of Linux. It supports this as a place
for those who would like to learn more about Linux to come to
learn from those who know Linux. It does not call for it to be a
place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order to
discredit Linux.
[/quote]

Please take your off-charter rants to another forum, to which
they belong.

--
HPT

Sinister Midget

Dec 1, 2007, 10:48:15 AM12/1/07
On 2007-12-01, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> claimed:

Flatso just admonished me by proxy in another thread, claiming I "know
nothing" about the flat-headed one except for some "fantasies" I read
here. "Fantasies" which Flattie just exposed to you above. "Fantasies"
which have been told over and over, and s/h/it has argued in the
affirmative for them multiple times over the years.

Flathead now supports my very point in that other thread that s/h/it is
a racist pig who wouldn't give a drop of water to non-white people, but
who might be coaxed into providing materials harmful to them. A stance
s/h/it's brother Doofie is proud of holding himself.

Thank you for being so forthright (once again) about your position
vis-a-vis the color of people's skin, Flatfart. I would like to advise
you, though, to try also telling the truth within the thread where you
take issue with someone making claims about your position. Denying them
in one place while espousing the same positions unprovoked in another
only highlights the instability that exists within that fragile,
mixed-up, delusional and (I think) psychotic head of yours.

--
Free speech: your legal right to be a bonehead in public, Flats.

flatfish

Dec 1, 2007, 11:16:15 AM12/1/07

I dunno, I see a lot of fancy looking cars with huge chrome wheels
when I travel through the hood.
I also see houses with multiple sattelite dishes on them.
Poverty can strike anyone at any time but when it goes on for
generations something is wrong.

flatfish

Dec 1, 2007, 11:23:16 AM12/1/07

There is far more evidence of that then some of the other accusations
you COLA bozos float.

here you go binky....

http://www.webservertalk.com/archive230-2007-5-1904134.html

And you can add to that the fact that Parsonage appeared right after
Culley made his exit.

Kier

Dec 1, 2007, 11:32:56 AM12/1/07
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:23:16 -0500, flatfish wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 07:03:39 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:38:28 -0500, flatfish wrote:
>>
>>> I never said you own the blog.
>>> And you know damm well who Rober Parsonage is.
>>> He is Roy Culley.
>>> That's a given.
>>> Google it.
>>
>>Actually, it's only a given with people like you. To the rest of us it's
>>merely an unproven supposition.
>
> There is far more evidence of that then some of the other accusations
> you COLA bozos float.

Wrong. There is very little if any evidence.

> here you go binky....
>
> http://www.webservertalk.com/archive230-2007-5-1904134.html
>
> And you can add to that the fact that Parsonage appeared right after
> Culley made his exit.

You think anyone is going to take the word of someone who faked Roy S's
name to post a bunch of unsubstantiated tripe? And given the number of
Linux-slagging nyms that appear whenever you depart COLA, I wouldn't try
that nonsense, either.

--
Kier

flatfish

Dec 1, 2007, 11:38:26 AM12/1/07

The problem with some people is that they call a person who presents
the facts a racist because they really have no other explanation for
the situation.
It's politically correct on steroids.

Blaming people isn't going to solve anything.
This is the USA where people can make anything they want out of their
lives. Mexicans are risking death to climb over fences and come here
for the purpose of working yet others who already live here, and that
includes all races, sit anc collect welfare checks as they make babies
they can't afford to feed.

Sorry but it's a cruel world and burying the facts just to be
politically correct is no way pull onself up, get an education and
make something out of life instead of sponging and more than likely
ending up in jail.

flatfish

Dec 1, 2007, 12:08:03 PM12/1/07
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:32:56 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:23:16 -0500, flatfish wrote:

>>>Actually, it's only a given with people like you. To the rest of us it's
>>>merely an unproven supposition.
>>
>> There is far more evidence of that then some of the other accusations
>> you COLA bozos float.
>
>Wrong. There is very little if any evidence.

No, you are just in denial.
The evidence is right below.

>> here you go binky....
>>
>> http://www.webservertalk.com/archive230-2007-5-1904134.html
>>
>> And you can add to that the fact that Parsonage appeared right after
>> Culley made his exit.
>
>You think anyone is going to take the word of someone who faked Roy S's
>name to post a bunch of unsubstantiated tripe? And given the number of
>Linux-slagging nyms that appear whenever you depart COLA, I wouldn't try
>that nonsense, either.

You don't have to take the word of whomever posted it, just read the
links it refers to.

Are you so far in denial that you can't see that there is at least
some evidence Roy Culley is Robert Parsonage?

Come on, get your head out of Schestowitz'a arse and think for
yourself once in a while.

Hadron

Dec 1, 2007, 12:18:22 PM12/1/07
flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

It's like battered wife syndrome with Kier. He just keeps going back for
more from the guys who despise him. And *slap* they dish out the back of
the hand to him once again because there are no easier targets.

--
Si no sacudes al tiempo ni un intento queda en vos.
-- León Gieco. (1951- ) Cantautor argentino.

Linonut

Dec 1, 2007, 12:24:28 PM12/1/07
* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

>>You guys seem to be saying "You want me to find you some bad black

>>people? Find me a bad neighborhood."
>
> Pick one.
> Detroit was just recently named most dangerous city in the USA.
> Guess what the demographics are?
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21870766/
>
> How about the most and least dangerous cities in the USA?
>
> http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html
>
> I've been to several of them for example:
>
> Camden N.J. is right on the road to Atlantic City.
> Don't even ask.........
> It looks like Dresden after the war.
>
> Guess what these cities have in common?

You cherry-picked them to support your argument.

--
Tux rox!

Peter Köhlmann

Dec 1, 2007, 12:56:23 PM12/1/07
Hadron wrote:

> flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:32:56 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Come on, get your head out of Schestowitz'a arse and think for
>> yourself once in a while.
>
> It's like battered wife syndrome with Kier. He just keeps going back for
> more from the guys who despise him. And *slap* they dish out the back of
> the hand to him once again because there are no easier targets.

Another fine "true linux advocacy post" from the
"true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs user", "swapfile expert", "X
specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server admin", "defragger
professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware maven" and "time
coordinator" Hadron Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian
O'Leary
--
If they were committed to Linux, they'd be developing exclusively for
Linux. - Funkenbusch 17 Oct 2006

Kier

Dec 1, 2007, 1:16:38 PM12/1/07

I did. Still no real evidence.

> Are you so far in denial that you can't see that there is at least
> some evidence Roy Culley is Robert Parsonage?

Very little. Certainly nothing conclusive.

> Come on, get your head out of Schestowitz'a arse and think for
> yourself once in a while.

My head, flatty, is exactly where it should be, and that is not in
*anyone's* reaer end. Kindly keep your fantasies to yourself.

--
Kier

Kier

Dec 1, 2007, 1:18:27 PM12/1/07
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:18:22 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:32:56 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Come on, get your head out of Schestowitz'a arse and think for
>> yourself once in a while.
>
> It's like battered wife syndrome with Kier. He just keeps going back for

Sorry, but what are you bleating about? I said *at the time* that I was
unsure whether or not Culley was Parsonage. I considered there was a very
slim possiblility he might be, no more than that. Certainly nothing
conclusive. I'm still of that opinion.

> more from the guys who despise him. And *slap* they dish out the back of
> the hand to him once again because there are no easier targets.

Talking bollocks is no way to impress me.

--
Kier

flatfish

Dec 1, 2007, 1:36:19 PM12/1/07
<hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:32:56 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Come on, get your head out of Schestowitz'a arse and think for
>> yourself once in a while.
>
>It's like battered wife syndrome with Kier. He just keeps going back for
>more from the guys who despise him. And *slap* they dish out the back of
>the hand to him once again because there are no easier targets.

I know.
It's very strange indeed!

flatfish

Dec 1, 2007, 1:40:19 PM12/1/07
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 12:24:28 -0500, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut>
wrote:

Nice try but I didn't cherry pick anything.
Read the links and the studies that were done.

Those are the most and least dangerous cities in the USA to live in.
Do the demographics yourself.
I've been to a couple of them and can speak from experience.
Camden for example.
Amherst NY for another example.
Brick Township NJ where my cousin lives.
Dover NJ which I pass through on the way to Deleware Water Gap where I
go on vacation once in a while.

It's obvious to ANYONE who has passed through these places which ones
you hope your car won't break down in and which ones you can leave the
top down on your Mustang Vert like I have.

Roy Schestowitz

Dec 1, 2007, 3:03:18 PM12/1/07
____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 01 December 2007 17:56 : \____

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:
>>
>>> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:32:56 +0000, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Come on, get your head out of Schestowitz'a arse and think for
>>> yourself once in a while.
>>
>> It's like battered wife syndrome with Kier. He just keeps going back for
>> more from the guys who despise him. And *slap* they dish out the back of
>> the hand to him once again because there are no easier targets.
>
> Another fine "true linux advocacy post" from the
> "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs user", "swapfile expert", "X
> specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server admin", "defragger
> professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware maven" and "time
> coordinator" Hadron Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian

> O'Leary ^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for reminding me that he nymshifts even in technical NGs, which
indicates he's being binned there as well (how can one get killfiled in a help
forum anyway? Must be the vile character).

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
20:00:02 up 31 days, 23:58, 3 users, load average: 0.99, 0.78, 0.59

Tim Smith

Dec 1, 2007, 3:14:07 PM12/1/07
On 2007-12-01, High Plains Thumper <highplai...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>> Of course, that has nothing to do with what Flatfish is
>>> talking about, and you know that. Flatfish is talking about
>>> the incident where Roy took the work of a commercial
>>> artist, who sells licenses for the use of that work on the
>>> net, and decided that if he (Roy) gave credit to the artist,
>>> he didn't need to get a license, even though Roy was using
>>> it in a way not covered by fair use, and in a way to
>>> diminish the market for the work. The incident where, when
>>> informed that what he was doing was wrong, Roy did not do
>>> the right thing (which 99% of us here would have done) and
>>> immediately take down the image until he could contact the
>>> artist and work something out--instead he kept the image up
>>> for weeks, before finally obeying the law and the artists
>>> requests, and took it down.
>
> Here we go again, the same old, tired rants, non-Linux advocacy
> stuff being hounded on non-COLA issues 17 months later. You have
> a way of making a mountain out of a mole hill, don't you, Timmy?

If it is such a mole hill, why did you feel the need to pretend you
didn't know what Flatfish was talking about, and instead talk about the
images that come with Roy's CMS software? Why couldn't you address
Flatfish's point directly?

And next time some company is accused of violating GPL, can we expect to
see you saying that we should ignore it? After all, your position is
that taking and using a work without permission is OK (at least if it is
Roy doing it...). Or is code different--we should not rip of
programmers, but artists are fair game?

flatfish

Dec 1, 2007, 3:39:25 PM12/1/07

Exactly.
And THAT is one reason why I, and some of the others are here in COLA.
While it's certainly entertaining observing some of the more unstable
Linux advocates, the real reason is to expose the hypocrites for what
they are.

That thread revealed much about the attitude of Roy Schestowitz and
his narcissistic behavior because it was obvious that in his own mind
he had the right to use those images and who had the right to tell him
he couldn't. Not even the owner, at least according to the way Roy
reacted.

The interesting part is that if he just said, oops I goofed and took
them down it would have been over. But he didn't and THAT is the key
to the way Roy and other Linux advocates think.
It's a double standard and pure hypocrisy.

Hadron

Dec 1, 2007, 3:48:19 PM12/1/07
flatfish <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

Not too dissimilar to Peter hounding people with accusations of nym
shifting. Peter would have made a great witch hunter. Burn the poor cow
at the stake after refusing to listen to her defence because , as a
witch, she isn't entitled to prove her innocence. The other similar case
was the "one rule for me and another for the rest" case of Roy
Culley/Robert Parsonage/ Roy Spamowitz /Homo to open up the COLA stats
program. Of course the natural assumption was that Roy had stolen the
code. As OSS advocates it did seem that they don't practice what they
preach - all fire and brimstone and abstinence for others but hands up
the Nun's habit for them. Hypocrites.

--
Plagio di Steele della Filosofia di Qualcuno:
Chiunque dovrebbe credere in qualcosa -- io credo che prendero' un

flatfish

Dec 1, 2007, 4:20:25 PM12/1/07
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 21:48:19 +0100, Hadron
<hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Not too dissimilar to Peter hounding people with accusations of nym
>shifting. Peter would have made a great witch hunter. Burn the poor cow
>at the stake after refusing to listen to her defence because , as a
>witch, she isn't entitled to prove her innocence. The other similar case
>was the "one rule for me and another for the rest" case of Roy
>Culley/Robert Parsonage/ Roy Spamowitz /Homo to open up the COLA stats
>program. Of course the natural assumption was that Roy had stolen the
>code. As OSS advocates it did seem that they don't practice what they
>preach - all fire and brimstone and abstinence for others but hands up
>the Nun's habit for them. Hypocrites.

That's exactly what the problem is.
They don't practice what they preach.
They are not even smart enough to re-write the code for those bogus
COLA stats script and then post it saying "see, it's not stolen".

The truth is, the script has code in it that is more than likely being
used without permission.
This is why they vehemently object when people ask to see the source
code.
What other reason could there be?

Yet these same people harp on day after day about how Nvidia should
release it's source code.

Hypocrites, that's what they are.

Where's the proof?

Dec 2, 2007, 7:15:20 AM12/2/07
flatfish wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz is a fraud and a paid spammer.

Where's the proof?

Where's the proof?

Dec 2, 2007, 7:18:43 AM12/2/07
flatfish wrote:

> Of course the COLA gang realized that their membership is running
> really low at the moment, about 5 I think

Where's the proof?

Where's the proof?

Dec 2, 2007, 10:07:52 AM12/2/07
flatfish wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:33:40 -0500, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut>
> wrote:
>

>> Well, why don't you just stroll through a higher-income neighborhood
>> instead.
>
> I do every day during my morning stroll on the beach.

Where's the proof?

Where's the proof?

Dec 2, 2007, 10:10:25 AM12/2/07
flatfish wrote:

> I'm blushing!

Where's the proof?

Where's the proof?

Dec 2, 2007, 10:11:07 AM12/2/07
flatfish wrote:

> Roy Culley aka Robert Parsonage = 100 other nyms

Where's the proof?

> Don't pretend you don't know.

Where's the proof?

Where's the proof?

Dec 2, 2007, 10:11:40 AM12/2/07
flatfish wrote:

> I've been to several of them for example:

Where's the proof?

Where's the proof?

Dec 2, 2007, 10:13:25 AM12/2/07
flatfish wrote:

> I've been to a couple of them and can speak from experience.

Where's the proof?

> Camden for example.

Where's the proof?

> Amherst NY for another example.

Where's the proof?

> Brick Township NJ where my cousin lives.

Where's the proof?

> Dover NJ which I pass through on the way to Deleware Water Gap where I
> go on vacation once in a while.

Where's the proof?

> you can leave the top down on your Mustang Vert like I have.

Where's the proof?

High Plains Thumper

Dec 2, 2007, 1:34:03 PM12/2/07
flatfish wrote:
> Tim Smith wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

I have you killfiled and would have not seen your comment.
Fortunately, flatfish responded and it came through.

Very simply put, you have a reading comprehension problem. You
have demonstrated deviance. You deliberately ignored my reply,
which addressed your question. You do your selective snippage,
in a failed attempt to alter opinion of those who have not read
the previous portion of thread. There is only one thing you care
to do. That is argue your senseless non-advocacy point into
oblivion. Thus by doing so, you indicate your only intent in
COLA is to troll.

>> And next time some company is accused of violating GPL, can
>> we expect to see you saying that we should ignore it? After
>> all, your position is that taking and using a work without
>> permission is OK (at least if it is Roy doing it...). Or is
>> code different--we should not rip of programmers, but
>> artists are fair game?

Your arguments are really tired, same aged nature, boring. You
are attacking the poster, not commenting on the content the
poster has posted. Let us review the charter of COLA again:

[quote]
1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
operating systems.

That single sentence is the one and only charter of the
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is for
the newsgroup as a place for supporters of Linux to gather to
discuss Linux, for the betterment of the Linux community and the
promotion and development of Linux. It supports this as a place
for those who would like to learn more about Linux to come to
learn from those who know Linux. It does not call for it to be a
place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order to
discredit Linux.
[/quote]

> Exactly. And THAT is one reason why I, and some of the others
> are here in COLA. While it's certainly entertaining observing
> some of the more unstable Linux advocates, the real reason is
> to expose the hypocrites for what they are.
>
> That thread revealed much about the attitude of Roy
> Schestowitz and his narcissistic behavior because it was
> obvious that in his own mind he had the right to use those
> images and who had the right to tell him he couldn't. Not even
> the owner, at least according to the way Roy reacted.
>
> The interesting part is that if he just said, oops I goofed
> and took them down it would have been over. But he didn't and
> THAT is the key to the way Roy and other Linux advocates
> think. It's a double standard and pure hypocrisy.

Same accusations, demonstrating a bonafide hatred toward those
who advocate. Attacking the messenger instead of the message.
Inferring mental health problems and restating a 2 year old issue
that is a non-issue, because it has nothing to do with COLA's
charter. Calling the failed argument a double standard and
hypocrisy, because it does not meet flatfish's definition of what
he/she thinks the charter ought to be, not what it states.

--
HPT

It is loading more messages.