Let's Expose The LIEnix COLA Gang at Work...Shall We? (Karen Hill)

1 view

flatfish+++

Sep 12, 2006, 6:22:17 PM9/12/06
The latest misfire from the COLA gang (Roy S , Roy C, Mark and Poaster)
with backup support from kier, Rick and Sinister Midget, is accusing a
poster named Karen Hill of being flatfish.

Why?

Simply because she happened to post a negative toward Linux message.

And the proof?

As usual, there IS NO PROOF.
None.
Zippo.
Nada....

This is simply the technique that the COLA Gang uses to discredit posters
who post messages that they don't like. One person makes the accusation
and the rest of the gang chimes in and instantly fiction becomes fact.

So let us take a good look at this Karen Hill. Shall we?

She posts very few messages, but has been posting since 1/2004. Her ip
address always seems to be in the 209.102.127.17x block.

That ip adress resolves here:

[flatfish@localhost ~]$ whois 209.102.127.171 SAVVIS Communications
Corporation SAVIXA-NET6 (NET-209-102-0-0-1)
209.102.0.0 - 209.102.127.255
PC'S MADE EASY IXA-PCSMADE (NET-209-102-124-0-1)
209.102.124.0 - 209.102.127.255

and so do all the other ones she has posted from.

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2006-09-11 19:10 # Enter ? for
additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

And if that isn't enough, if you look at the groups and the questions that
Karen Hill posts and post to you will see that WITH THE EXCEPTION of the
totally nutsack inhabited group comp.os.linux.advocacy, her posts are
received well and are most definitely not trolls.

Finally if you look at the groups she posts to, a small sample here:

pgsql.general 4 days ago Stored Procedure performance / elegance
question
pgsql.general 4 days
ago Stored Procedure performance / elegance question pgsql.general 4
days ago Tough question for oracle DBAs/Solaris Admins. Log shipping.
comp.databases.oracle.misc 5 days ago Tough question for oracle
DBAs/Solaris Admins. Log shipping. comp.databases.oracle.misc Sep 1
Tough question for oracle DBAs/Solaris Admins. Log shipping.
comp.databases.oracle.misc Sep 1 Tough question for oracle DBAs/Solaris
Admins. Log shipping. comp.databases.oracle.misc Sep 1 Immutable
files in ZFS. comp.unix.solaris Sep 1 DataGridView
DataGridViewCheckBoxCell throws NullReferenceException
microsoft.public.dot...uages.csharp

Or here because the dam thing formats terribly:

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=LiSwnxYAAABxqoE2a1s_e2aTMI2BJttXys9p7FBvuYqcsrUPIQKVkQ&hl=en

You can see that this is totally UNLIKE flatfish.......

So there you have it......

Another COLA witch hunt exposed for what it really is and that is:

A completely paranoid collection of LIEnix nutsacks, some of whom post
24x7 and thousands of messages per month going on yet another witch hunt
and once again despite patting themselves on the back, failing miserably
like they always do.

Ta ta nutsacks.......

flatfish+++

Sep 12, 2006, 6:31:54 PM9/12/06

Silly me.....
I forgot to show the posts where the paranoid COLA gang are patting
themselves on the back.

Here is the original post by Karen Hill

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/46c95578c1975119?hl=en&

Here is Roy Schestowich trying to discredit a Harvard Professor:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ce5c8929d671abdf?hl=en&

(Roy is in charge of Fresher Week at Manchester U BTW)

Here is Mark (The Shill) Kent setting the trap:

(ie Isn't Karen Hill a flatty nym?)

Now we have Peter "Video Card Expert" Kohlmann doing the 1st "Me Too"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/7f5bd3d165bbb6e9?hl=en&

Now here is Roy Shestowhich backpeddling because everyone jumped all over
him for critizing a person with far better credentials than he will ever
have:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/70f52be13de13545?hl=en&

Now we have Mark "the Shill" Kent chiming in for another "me too" post

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c5b4f6cbab0612a9?hl=en&

etc...............

And yes ladies and germs, that is how misinformation is considered as fact
and in fact becomes truth in comp.os.linux.advocacy.

And this is just one example, there are hundreds more.

Rick

Sep 12, 2006, 7:33:35 PM9/12/06
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:22:17 -0400, flatfish+++ wrote:

> The latest misfire from the COLA gang (Roy S , Roy C, Mark and Poaster)
> with backup support from kier, Rick and Sinister Midget, is accusing a
> poster named Karen Hill of being flatfish.

You are an out and out liar. I never accused Karen Hill of being Flatfish.

(snip)

--
Rick
<http://ricks-place.tripod.com/sound/2cents.wav>

Hadron Quark

Sep 12, 2006, 8:42:14 PM9/12/06
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

> The latest misfire from the COLA gang (Roy S , Roy C, Mark and
> Poaster)

Dont forget Kier : he's in charge of half time oranges.

> with backup support from kier, Rick and Sinister Midget, is accusing a

Oops.. Sorry, you didnt.

> poster named Karen Hill of being flatfish.
>
> Why?
>
> Simply because she happened to post a negative toward Linux message.

I'm flatfish too.

> And the proof?
>
> As usual, there IS NO PROOF.
> None.
> Zippo.
> Nada....
>
> This is simply the technique that the COLA Gang uses to discredit posters
> who post messages that they don't like. One person makes the accusation
> and the rest of the gang chimes in and instantly fiction becomes fact.

Sadly, there does actually appear to be a gang. Mind you, at least they
dont acknowledge the German guy. He's even nuttier than Roytoy.

--
Never make any mistaeks.
-- Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report

Hadron Quark

Sep 12, 2006, 8:46:55 PM9/12/06
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:22:17 -0400, flatfish+++ wrote:
>
> Silly me.....
> I forgot to show the posts where the paranoid COLA gang are patting
> themselves on the back.
>
> Here is the original post by Karen Hill
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/46c95578c1975119?hl=en&
>

> Here is Roy Schestowich trying to discredit a Harvard Professor:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ce5c8929d671abdf?hl=en&

That was somewhat surprising for a so called "academic".

> (Roy is in charge of Fresher Week at Manchester U BTW)

He never claimed that. No one would : thats the kind of job given to CS
"tutors" who the real guys want out of their hair.

> Here is Mark (The Shill) Kent setting the trap:
>
> (ie Isn't Karen Hill a flatty nym?)
>

> Now we have Peter "Video Card Expert" Kohlmann doing the 1st "Me Too"
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/7f5bd3d165bbb6e9?hl=en&
>

> Now here is Roy Shestowhich backpeddling because everyone jumped all over
> him for critizing a person with far better credentials than he will ever
> have:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/70f52be13de13545?hl=en&
>

> Now we have Mark "the Shill" Kent chiming in for another "me too" post
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c5b4f6cbab0612a9?hl=en&
>

> etc...............
>
> And yes ladies and germs, that is how misinformation is considered as fact
> and in fact becomes truth in comp.os.linux.advocacy.

Sad.

> And this is just one example, there are hundreds more.

In even the short time I came here hoping to see Linux sold to the
masses, it has become apparent that the people here are not the ones to
do it. They make Linux look like the OS for retards. For real advocacy
go to the forums and see *real* Linux users try to help nOObs through
their first few months of kernel module compiling in order to get their
systems working : they are the true advocates.

--
"If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
of different places, just write a Unix operating system."

Linonut

Sep 12, 2006, 8:51:47 PM9/12/06
After takin' a swig o' grog, flatfish+++ belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> The latest misfire from the COLA gang (Roy S , Roy C, Mark and Poaster)
> with backup support from kier, Rick and Sinister Midget, is accusing a
> poster named Karen Hill of being flatfish.
>
> Why?
>
> Simply because she happened to post a negative toward Linux message.
>
> And the proof?
>
> As usual, there IS NO PROOF.
> None.
> Zippo.
> Nada....

[ lots of righteous indignation snipped ]

> So there you have it......
>
> Another COLA witch hunt exposed for what it really is and that is:
>
> A completely paranoid collection of LIEnix nutsacks, some of whom post
> 24x7 and thousands of messages per month going on yet another witch hunt
> and once again despite patting themselves on the back, failing miserably
> like they always do.
>

> Ta ta nutsacks.......

Go cop a jay, dude!

--
Mayor Noche's Bomba Shelter. Where bad food and bad people go
together. Try our Sleepy Joe -- it's half dog-food, half downers.

Tim Smith

Sep 13, 2006, 1:09:56 AM9/13/06
In article <87y7sor...@geemail.com>,

Indeed. Roy said this:

>> A guy who received his Ph.D. from some obscure university several
>> years ago. What does he know about technology? Errrr... well, he
>> studied economics in Barcelona.
>>
>>> 'Nuff said.

That "obscure university" he mentions is the Kellog School of
Management, at Northwestern University. One of the top business schools
in the world.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellogg_School_of_Management>

--
--Tim Smith

Kier

Sep 13, 2006, 5:11:17 AM9/13/06
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:42:14 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:

> flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:
>
>> The latest misfire from the COLA gang (Roy S , Roy C, Mark and
>> Poaster)
>
> Dont forget Kier : he's in charge of half time oranges.

No, dipshit, I'm not. If you persist in lying about me, you simply expose
yourself for the troll you claim not to be.

>> with backup support from kier, Rick and Sinister Midget, is accusing a
>
> Oops.. Sorry, you didnt.

Next time, get your facts right.

--
Kier

yttrx

Sep 13, 2006, 8:55:16 AM9/13/06
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> The latest misfire from the COLA gang (Roy S , Roy C, Mark and Poaster)
> with backup support from kier, Rick and Sinister Midget, is accusing a
> poster named Karen Hill of being flatfish.

Well, mark is a fucking moron, I think we ALL realize that. The rest
just tend to get caught up in things.

Speaking of getting caught up in things, don't you have something you know...
away from a computer you could be doing?

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

chrisv

Sep 13, 2006, 9:31:02 AM9/13/06
temporarily-unplonked nym-shifting troll flatfish+++ wrote:

>The latest misfire from the COLA gang (Roy S , Roy C, Mark and Poaster)
>with backup support from kier, Rick and Sinister Midget, is accusing a
>poster named Karen Hill of being flatfish.
>
>Why?
>
>Simply because she happened to post a negative toward Linux message.
>
>And the proof?
>
>As usual, there IS NO PROOF.

Yeah, we know that you go to great lengths, using open proxies,
x-no-archive, etc, to avoid being nailed-down, flatshit.

Even if you were falsely accused of posting as Karen Hill, it would
make all of the accusations against you false. Is that logic
simple-enough for a trolling cretin like yourself to follow?

Let's see a REAL DENIAL of what you've been accused of doing,
flatshit. Take Peter's "big list", and edit it to produce a list of
names which you swear you have never used. It should only take a few
minutes of your "valuable" time. I know I could perform this task in
about the time it takes the read the list, which is not a long time!

You're a coward and a loser, flatshit.

chrisv

Sep 13, 2006, 9:32:57 AM9/13/06
Hadron Quark wrote:

>Sadly, there does actually appear to be a gang. Mind you, at least they
>dont acknowledge the German guy. He's even nuttier than Roytoy.

Nothing is sadder than you siding with filth like flatshit and billwg,
both proven liars and genuinely bad people.

chrisv

Sep 13, 2006, 10:14:19 AM9/13/06
chrisv wrote:

>Even if you were falsely accused of posting as Karen Hill, it would
>make all of the accusations against you false.

Oops. The above should, of course, say "it would NOT make all the
accusations against you false".

ed

Sep 13, 2006, 2:11:32 PM9/13/06
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:22:17 -0400
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> address always seems to be in the 209.102.127.17x block.

What Block of IP addresses has 10 IPs? The smallest in there would be a
/30, the largest a /29.

--
Regards, Ed :: http://www.openbsdhacker.com
just another java hacker

ed

Sep 13, 2006, 2:15:55 PM9/13/06
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:22:17 -0400
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Ta ta nutsacks.......

Yay! Flatfish is going away!

--
Regards, Ed :: http://www.ednevitable.co.uk
just another bash hacker

Jim

Sep 13, 2006, 2:24:35 PM9/13/06
On or about 2006-09-13 Wednesday 19:15, I did witness the following events
concerning ed:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:22:17 -0400
> flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>
>> Ta ta nutsacks.......
>>

> Yay! Flatfish is going away!

We should be so lucky...

--
I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
events mentioned therein.

flatfish+++

Sep 13, 2006, 2:25:15 PM9/13/06
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:11:32 +0000, ed wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:22:17 -0400
> flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>
>> address always seems to be in the 209.102.127.17x block.
>
> What Block of IP addresses has 10 IPs? The smallest in there would be a
> /30, the largest a /29.

xxx.xxx.xxx.170-179

The point is she posts from the same account, the same ISP etc all the
time.

Kier

Sep 13, 2006, 2:35:59 PM9/13/06
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:24:35 +0000, Jim wrote:

> On or about 2006-09-13 Wednesday 19:15, I did witness the following events
> concerning ed:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:22:17 -0400
>> flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Ta ta nutsacks.......
>>>

>> Yay! Flatfish is going away!
>>

> We should be so lucky...

You beat me to it :-)

--
Kier

tha...@tux.glaci.remove-this.com

Sep 13, 2006, 3:05:15 PM9/13/06
The (arguably pedantic) point that he is making is that netblocks are
allocated via binary netmasks resulting in addresses ranges that total
up in powers of two. There is no way to represent the 170-197 address
'block' with a single router table entry.

Fun trivia for the protocol junkies out there...

Later,

Thad

ed

Sep 13, 2006, 3:32:37 PM9/13/06
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:05:15 +0000 (UTC)
tha...@tux.glaci.remove-this.com wrote:

> flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:11:32 +0000, ed wrote:

> >> What Block of IP addresses has 10 IPs? The smallest in there would
> >be a > /30, the largest a /29.
> >
> > xxx.xxx.xxx.170-179
> >
> > The point is she posts from the same account, the same ISP etc all
> > the time.
>
> The (arguably pedantic) point that he is making is that netblocks are

It's not pedantic to people who look after large networks.

It's perfectly acceptable to display an IP as 192.168.0.x, since that's
a valid netmask, you cannot move the x around to please your range, the
network admin won't know exactly what one means.

> allocated via binary netmasks resulting in addresses ranges that total
> up in powers of two. There is no way to represent the 170-197 address
> 'block' with a single router table entry.
>
> Fun trivia for the protocol junkies out there...

Yes very fun, I laughed so hard I cried...

--
Regards, Ed :: http://www.usenix.org.uk
proud linux hacker

Mark Kent

Sep 13, 2006, 3:36:20 PM9/13/06
begin oe_protect.scr
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> espoused:

That's what I thought you meant, but it probably helps to be clear...

Fill what's empty, empty what's full, scratch where it itches.
-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

tha...@tux.glaci.remove-this.com

Sep 13, 2006, 5:16:43 PM9/13/06
ed <e...@noreply.com> wrote:

> It's not pedantic to people who look after large networks.

Well, that's why I qualified it as 'arguably' pedantic. It was true,
though perhaps not really important to the point flatty was trying to
make (that the person in question posts from a relatively narrow range
of addresses). If he was telling someone how to configure a router,
I would have jumped all over it before you did.

> It's perfectly acceptable to display an IP as 192.168.0.x, since that's
> a valid netmask, you cannot move the x around to please your range, the
> network admin won't know exactly what one means.
>
>> allocated via binary netmasks resulting in addresses ranges that total
>> up in powers of two. There is no way to represent the 170-197 address
>> 'block' with a single router table entry.
>>
>> Fun trivia for the protocol junkies out there...
>
> Yes very fun, I laughed so hard I cried...

I think I'll stick with my day job and give up my dreams of greatness
on the the comedy circuit. :-/

Seriously, I appreciated the point you brought up; I just suspect
not everyone on this group recognizes classless inter domain routing
notation, so you might not have been getting your point across to
the intended audience. No offense intended.

Actually, I still have a portable /26 netblock I got back when ARIN
(or whatever they used to be called) was handing them out to anyone
who asked. For years now, the policy has been to consolidate to
a smaller number of larger netblocks in the backbone routers... but
they seem to have not gotten around to draining my part of the
swamp[1].

Cheers,

Thad

[1] The 'swamp' was a slang used by Internet backbone router engineers
to refer to the many small, legacy netblocks they had to maintain in
their router tables.

Sinister Midget

Sep 14, 2006, 6:39:46 PM9/14/06
On 2006-09-13, Linonut <lin...@bone.com> posted something concerning:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, flatfish+++ belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> The latest misfire from the COLA gang (Roy S , Roy C, Mark and Poaster)
>> with backup support from kier, Rick and Sinister Midget, is accusing a
>> poster named Karen Hill of being flatfish.

> Go cop a jay, dude!

I never hunted any(thing|body) down. Flatso makes s/h/itself available.
No need to hunt.

--
Windows: The OS that forces you to delete things to make them work.

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Sep 14, 2006, 5:48:08 PM9/14/06
begin In <ee9sfr$bp5$1...@tux.glaci.com>, on 09/13/2006

>Actually, I still have a portable /26 netblock I got back when ARIN
>(or whatever they used to be called)

AFAIK, ARIN has never changed its name. However, there was a period
when Internet organizations were spinning off responsibilities to
newly formed organizations, and you may be confusing that with name
changes.

>For years now, the policy has been to consolidate to a smaller
>number of larger netblocks in the backbone routers... but they
>seem to have not gotten around to draining my part of the swamp[1].

They'll get around to it in a few years, after the IPV6 rollout.

reply to spam...@library.lspace.org

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Sep 14, 2006, 5:42:33 PM9/14/06
begin In <ee9kpb$aj4$1...@tux.glaci.com>, on 09/13/2006

>Fun trivia for the protocol junkies out there...

I can't make it out; I drank too much hard CIDR.

tha...@tux.glaci.remove-this.com

Sep 15, 2006, 9:36:37 AM9/15/06
"Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" <spam...@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:

> AFAIK, ARIN has never changed its name. However, there was a period
> when Internet organizations were spinning off responsibilities to
> newly formed organizations, and you may be confusing that with name
> changes.

I thought so, but considering all the changes the Internet has gone
through since the NSF stopped funding the backbone, I wasn't sure
anymore. When I first began working as a network support person
and Internet zone administrator, the net was still mostly populated
with schools, labs, and defense contractors. Heck, the InterNIC
assigned me a NIC handle that was just my initials without any
trailing numbers... that's how small the net was back then.

Oh how times have changed.

Thad