Killfile the Trolls !

Terry Porter

Apr 26, 2009, 3:24:14 AM4/26/09
The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.

If there is one thing a troll loathes and hates worst of all, it's being
killfiled.

You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and they love it,
because a response of *any* kind is what they crave.

This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's probably best,
because it indicates you are probably well balanced, have a real life with
real friends and family, and real goals.

In other words, *you* have a life.

Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their time trolling.

If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest cut
of all!

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Tony(UK)

Apr 26, 2009, 3:46:49 AM4/26/09
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:24:14 +1000, Terry Porter wrote:

> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.
>
> If there is one thing a troll loathes and hates worst of all, it's being
> killfiled.
>
> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and they love
> it, because a response of *any* kind is what they crave.
>
> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's probably
> best, because it indicates you are probably well balanced, have a real
> life with real friends and family, and real goals.
>
> In other words, *you* have a life.
>
> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their time
> trolling.
>
> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest
> cut of all!

You are absolutely right Terry - I've never killfiled anyone until I
subscribed to this newsgroup! I'm only seeing their posts today because I
upgraded yesterday. I've addressed them all (for now).

The trolls do not get it - they spout on about how [insert distro here]
has fatal flaws, but can't understand that no-one posts to a distro's
forum *unless* they have a problem or need information.

The number of people asking for help with a new distribution is in direct
relationship to the huge numbers of people who are running it.

Attention trolls - actual true experience coming:

My neighbour (a MSCE) came over my house last night and took a live CD
away with him as his PC was overheating (CPU running at 100% all the time
and hard drive thrashing - I have no idea why he did this though). He
came back later and quite grudgingly admitted that he liked the idea of a
live CD and wish they (his 'masters') would do similar. He tracked the
problem to malware, embarrassingly enough for him.

He had not seen the new Ubuntu, so used it on my machine for just over an
hour. He has taken a CD away with him. He admitted he had to rebuild his
machine as he couldn't get rid of the problem (?!). Whether he will set
it up to duel-boot or not, I'll find out later on today. I can't see him
just running Ubuntu!

Tony(UK)

Terry Porter

Apr 26, 2009, 4:07:32 AM4/26/09
Tony(UK) wrote:

Awesome!
I hope it was Ubuntu 9.04 because that's darn good!

I've been using Linux full time on the desktop since August 1997, and over
the years, I have seen many hilarious Window user responses to Linux.

I once showed the Compiz-Fusion cube to a devout Windows user, he just stood
there mouth wide open, eyes glazed over, brain unable to take it all in.

He was *dumbfounded* !!!

Another time, a Windows using relative stayed over on business, and tried to
use his Windows lappie, but it was so loaded with his firms security stuff,
he couldn't talk to his work from my internal network.
So he asked if I had a pc he could use, and I pointed him to a spare Linux
box that had Firefox up and ready to go.

He sat down and started typing away and doing stuff, no problem, while I
watched out the corner of my eye to see when he would realise it wasnt
Windows.

About 10 minutes later he suddenly jumped back like a rattlesnake bit him
and exclaimed loudly "this isn't Windows!!!!!"

After that, he couldn't seem to use the pc any more (just browsing) and
declared the machine was no use to him.

That's when I realised that if someone is using Windows already, Microsoft
probably already owns their heart and soul.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2009, 4:29:37 AM4/26/09
"Terry Porter" <lin...@netspace.net.au> wrote
> The trolls

*PLONK*

chrisv

Apr 26, 2009, 4:32:50 AM4/26/09
"Tony(UK)" <tony_s...@hotmail.com> wrote

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:24:14 +1000, Terry Porter wrote:
>
> Attention trolls...........

*PLONK*
--
chrisv, email me at mailto:chr...@nospam.invalid. Privacy and discretion
assured.
"Chris - can't pull, will pay for women, but has a huge pecker and can use
it too."
http://marbella.to/humour/dec00/malename.htm
My sphere of interest:
adult swim, aqua teen, bondage, dead can dance, erotica, fantasy, ferrets,
fetishism, naked fight clubs, greg the bunny, jump little children,
morphine, pornography, sensuality, sex, sexuality, shiny things, gang
banging, 69, Anal, Asian, Ass, AssLicking, AssToMouth, BallsLicking,
BendOver, BigL, BigNaturals, BigTits, Bikini, Black, Blonde, Blowjob, Boots,
Bra, Brunette, Closeup, Condom, Corset, Creampie, Cumshot, CumSwallow,
CurlyHair, DoggyStyle, DP, FaceSitting, Facial, Fetish, Fingering, Fishnet,
Flexible, Foot, Footjob, Gagging, Gaping, Gonzo, HairPulling, Handjob,
Hardcore, High-Heels, HoldingHer, Interracial, Kissing, Latinas, Legs,
Lesbian, Lingerie, Masturbation, Mature, MILF, MiniSkirt, Mouthfull,
OnHerKnees, OnTop, Outdoor, Piercing, Ponytail, Pool, Posing, PuffyNipples,
PussyLicking, Redhead, ReverseCowgirl, SeeThrough, ShavedPussy, ShortHair,
Shorts, SiliconeTits, SmallTits, Smoking, Sofa, Solo, Spitting, Spoons,
StandingSex, Stockings, Tan, Tattoo, TBack, Teasing, Teens, Threesome,
ThroatFucking, Titjob, TitLicking, Topless, Toys, TrimmedPussy, Upskirt,
Bathroom, BigBlackCock, BigCock, Bizzare, Braces, Bukkake, CamelToe,
Cheerleader, Chubby, ClothedSex, Erotica, Exhibitionism, Fat, Fisting,
Freckles, Gape, Garterbelt, Gay, Glasses, Gloves, Granny, Group, HairyPussy,
HiddenCam, Housewife, Indian, Insertions, Jeans, Kitchen, Lactating, Latex,
Messy, Midget, Nurses, Orgasm, Orgy, Pale Party Pissing, Pregnant,
RoughSex, SchoolGirl, Secretary, Sexy, Shemale, Shower, Skinny, Socks,
Spanking, Squirting, Strapon, String, Tickling, Toes, Toons, Ugly, Uniform,
Vintage, Voyeur, Wet, WhiteOnBlack.

Gregory Shearman

Apr 26, 2009, 5:35:22 AM4/26/09
On 2009-04-26, Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> wrote:
> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.

That doesn't worry me. A good slrn killfile will always stop these
trolls.

> If there is one thing a troll loathes and hates worst of all, it's being
> killfiled.

Trolls crave attention.

> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and they love it,
> because a response of *any* kind is what they crave.

Yep.

> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's probably best,
> because it indicates you are probably well balanced, have a real life with
> real friends and family, and real goals.

It takes a sick individual to crave attention, even if such attention is
*negative*.

> In other words, *you* have a life.

Yep. Not a particularly fast-lived or exotic life, but, it's a living.

> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their time trolling.

Trolls aren't even human.

> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest cut
> of all!

Done.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

William Poaster

Apr 26, 2009, 5:40:12 AM4/26/09
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:24:14 +1000, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, Terry Porter was heard to say:

> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.

That doesn't work here. :-)
When a kf is done properly, you shouldn't see anything of the troll again,
unless through replies to them.
But even those can be removed by using what's in the "Reference" header.

> If there is one thing a troll loathes and hates worst of all, it's being
> killfiled.

True.

> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and they love it,
> because a response of *any* kind is what they crave.
>
> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's probably best,
> because it indicates you are probably well balanced, have a real life with
> real friends and family, and real goals.
>
> In other words, *you* have a life.
>
> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their time trolling.
>
> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest cut
> of all!

Agreed! Let them rant in oblivion.

--
Conficker, coming to a M$ windows
machine near you!

Tony Manco

Apr 26, 2009, 6:37:20 AM4/26/09
Terry Porter wrote:

<snip>

> I once showed the Compiz-Fusion cube to a devout Windows user, he just stood
> there mouth wide open, eyes glazed over, brain unable to take it all in.
>
> He was *dumbfounded* !!!

Same here, every time I showed compiz/compiz-fusion to a Windows user he
would just be amazed and say:

"You must have a powerful computer to have those fancy effects" <-
Typical Windows user statement.

I would just say no, and show them my specs and I would also show them
how to get compiz on their own computer.
--
Linux - You must break it | Windows - It breaks itself

Tony Manco

Apr 26, 2009, 6:40:37 AM4/26/09
Terry Porter wrote:

<snip>

> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest cut
> of all!

I do that all the time :-P

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 26, 2009, 7:14:25 AM4/26/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Terry Porter belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Tony(UK) wrote:
>

>> He had not seen the new Ubuntu, so used it on my machine for just over an
>> hour. He has taken a CD away with him. He admitted he had to rebuild his
>> machine as he couldn't get rid of the problem (?!). Whether he will set
>> it up to duel-boot or not, I'll find out later on today. I can't see him
>> just running Ubuntu!
>

> Awesome!
> I hope it was Ubuntu 9.04 because that's darn good!

I wondered why flatfish (Doctor Smith, the pain the pain!) was hammering on
it being crap!

> I once showed the Compiz-Fusion cube to a devout Windows user, he just stood
> there mouth wide open, eyes glazed over, brain unable to take it all in.
>
> He was *dumbfounded* !!!
>

> About 10 minutes later he suddenly jumped back like a rattlesnake bit him
> and exclaimed loudly "this isn't Windows!!!!!"
>
> After that, he couldn't seem to use the pc any more (just browsing) and
> declared the machine was no use to him.
>
> That's when I realised that if someone is using Windows already, Microsoft
> probably already owns their heart and soul.

Not necessarily. I was once a "Windows guy".

--
You have taken yourself too seriously.

Fox in the COLA Hen House

Apr 26, 2009, 7:19:37 AM4/26/09
Terry Porter wrote:
> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.
>
> If there is one thing a troll loathes and hates worst of all, it's being
> killfiled.
>
> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and they love it,
> because a response of *any* kind is what they crave.
>
> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's probably best,
> because it indicates you are probably well balanced, have a real life with
> real friends and family, and real goals.
>
> In other words, *you* have a life.
>
> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their time trolling.
>
> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest cut
> of all!

LOL, this is very sad. And this is coming from someone that announced
that he's back after 10 years of being where?

For someone to be brainwashed and out of control like he is, its just wrong.

He's the one talking about abuse. I have no doubt that this person is
abusing people in real life.

He's running around in the NG posting like a COLA Chicken Little. :-P

High Plains Thumper

Apr 26, 2009, 7:59:15 AM4/26/09
Terry Porter wrote:

> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and
> they love it, because a response of *any* kind is what they
> crave.

Except when shown the naked truth of their trolling.

> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's
> probably best, because it indicates you are probably well
> balanced, have a real life with real friends and family, and
> real goals. In other words, *you* have a life.

When I post something positive or revealing about Linux, I get a
kick out of Gary putting on his wig and wooden high heels, then
assailing me in Dutch.

> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their
> time trolling.
>
> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the
> cruelest cut of all!

If you really want to hurt them, submit a complaint to their ISP
and Usenet ISP. Then socks and all disappear, until they find
another. In reality there are only a few trolling this newsgroup.

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Apr 26, 2009, 8:12:32 AM4/26/09
Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:
>
>> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's
>> the cruelest cut of all!
>
> LOL, this is very sad. And this is coming from someone that
> announced that he's back after 10 years of being where? For
> someone to be brainwashed and out of control like he is, its
> just wrong. He's the one talking about abuse. I have no doubt
> that this person is abusing people in real life. He's running
> around in the NG posting like a COLA Chicken Little. :-P

LOL, this is very sad. A troll who continually nymshifts to
evade kill filters, using nyms to mock specific Linux advocating
posters, who claims to work for the U.S. Air Force as a
contractor, who continually adds acrimonious barbs. Yes, very
sad, very sick, very stupid.

--
HPT

Don Zeigler

Apr 26, 2009, 8:35:09 AM4/26/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> I wondered why flatfish (Doctor Smith, the pain the pain!) was hammering on
> it being crap!

Because he's a deranged nutbar?

9.04 is awesome. Day 2 with it now beginning and I haven't had a single
problem.

--
It has been discovered that research causes cancer in laboratory rats.

Regards,
DZ (Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC)

Hadron

Apr 26, 2009, 8:45:49 AM4/26/09
Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> writes:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> I wondered why flatfish (Doctor Smith, the pain the pain!) was hammering on
>> it being crap!
>
> Because he's a deranged nutbar?
>
> 9.04 is awesome. Day 2 with it now beginning and I haven't had a single
> problem.

That's great news. Maybe you could pop along to

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=333

And help all the people with broken video, usb etc.

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to

Terry Porter

Apr 26, 2009, 8:56:29 AM4/26/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Terry Porter belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:

<snip>

>> I hope it was Ubuntu 9.04 because that's darn good!
>
> I wondered why flatfish (Doctor Smith, the pain the pain!) was hammering
> on it being crap!

Yes, the better it is, the more the trolls attempt to FUD it.

<snip>

>> That's when I realised that if someone is using Windows already,
>> Microsoft probably already owns their heart and soul.
>
> Not necessarily. I was once a "Windows guy".

Me too, but I was also a Zilog RIO guy, a National PACE guy, A national SCMP
guy, and half a dozen other OSes.

These days, people believe there is only one OS, and it's Windows, and that
must be because it's better than everything else.

(The "everything else" you can't buy in shops that sell PCs)

I still hammer Linux at every opportunity, but sadly many people are 'owned'
by Microsoft.

Gozewienus van Tiethuysen

Apr 26, 2009, 10:02:18 AM4/26/09
"Tony(UK)" <tony_s...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:24:14 +1000, Terry Porter wrote:
>
>> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
>> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.
>>
>> If there is one thing a troll loathes and hates worst of all, it's being
>> killfiled.
>>
>> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and they love
>> it, because a response of *any* kind is what they crave.
>>
>> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's probably
>> best, because it indicates you are probably well balanced, have a real
>> life with real friends and family, and real goals.
>>
>> In other words, *you* have a life.
>>
>> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their time
>> trolling.
>>
>> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest
>> cut of all!
>
> You are absolutely right Terry - I've never killfiled anyone until I
> subscribed to this newsgroup! I'm only seeing their posts today because I
> upgraded yesterday. I've addressed them all (for now).

Your killfile is fucked!

Gozewienus van Tiethuysen

Apr 26, 2009, 10:02:46 AM4/26/09
"Terry Porter" <lin...@netspace.net.au> schreef in bericht
> The trolls...........

Your killfile is fucked!

Gozewienus van Tiethuysen

Apr 26, 2009, 10:03:32 AM4/26/09
"Chris Ahlstrom" <ahls...@launchmodem.com> schreef in bericht

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Terry Porter belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Tony(UK) wrote:
>>

>>> He had not seen the new Ubuntu, so used it on my machine for just over
>>> an
>>> hour. He has taken a CD away with him. He admitted he had to rebuild his
>>> machine as he couldn't get rid of the problem (?!). Whether he will set
>>> it up to duel-boot or not, I'll find out later on today. I can't see him
>>> just running Ubuntu!
>>
>> Awesome!
>> I hope it was Ubuntu 9.04 because that's darn good!
>
> I wondered why flatfish (Doctor Smith, the pain the pain!) was hammering
> on
> it being crap!

Your killfile is fucked!

Gozewienus van Tiethuysen

Apr 26, 2009, 10:04:09 AM4/26/09
"Gregory Shearman" <ZekeG...@netscape.net> schreef in bericht

> On 2009-04-26, Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> wrote:
>> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
>> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.
>
> That doesn't worry me. A good slrn killfile

Your killfile is fucked!

Gozewienus van Tiethuysen

Apr 26, 2009, 10:04:52 AM4/26/09
"William Poaster" <w...@ubuntu-hardy64.org> schreef in bericht

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:24:14 +1000, above the shrieking & whining of the
> trolls, Terry Porter was heard to say:
>
>> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
>> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.
>
> That doesn't work here. :-)
> When a kf is done properly, you shouldn't see anything of the troll again,
> unless through replies to them.
> But ................

Your killfile is fucked!

Gozewienus van Tiethuysen

Apr 26, 2009, 10:06:12 AM4/26/09
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> schreef in bericht

> Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:
>> Terry Porter wrote:
>>
>>> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's
>>> the cruelest cut of all!
>>
>> LOL, this is very sad. And this is coming from someone that
>> announced that he's back after 10 years of being where? For
>> someone to be brainwashed and out of control like he is, its
>> just wrong. He's the one talking about abuse. I have no doubt
>> that this person is abusing people in real life. He's running
>> around in the NG posting like a COLA Chicken Little. :-P
>
> LOL, this is very sad. A troll who continually nymshifts to
> evade kill filters, using nyms to mock specific Linux advocating
> posters, ..................

Your killfile is fucked!

DFS

Apr 26, 2009, 11:34:56 AM4/26/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> I was once a "Windows guy".

What do you mean "once"?

Anyone who makes 100% of their living developing for the Windows platform is
a "Windows guy".

Hadron

Apr 26, 2009, 10:40:37 AM4/26/09
"DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:

He tries so hard doesn't he? I almost feel sorry for the little fraud.

DFS

Apr 26, 2009, 11:45:40 AM4/26/09
Hadron wrote:
> "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> I was once a "Windows guy".
>>
>> What do you mean "once"?
>>
>> Anyone who makes 100% of their living developing for the Windows
>> platform is a "Windows guy".
>>

> He tries so hard doesn't he? I almost feel sorry for the little fraud.

He's deluded - and desperate to be a real Linux advocate, but those pesky
money issues keep him tied to Windows.

Hadron

Apr 26, 2009, 10:54:11 AM4/26/09
Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> writes:

> Awesome!
> I hope it was Ubuntu 9.04 because that's darn good!
>
> I've been using Linux full time on the desktop since August 1997, and over
> the years, I have seen many hilarious Window user responses to Linux.
>
> I once showed the Compiz-Fusion cube to a devout Windows user, he just stood
> there mouth wide open, eyes glazed over, brain unable to take it all in.
>
> He was *dumbfounded* !!!

Yeah, he was probably thinking "what a waste of time".

> Another time, a Windows using relative stayed over on business, and tried to
> use his Windows lappie, but it was so loaded with his firms security stuff,
> he couldn't talk to his work from my internal network.

Sure. Meanwhile in the rest of the world ...

> So he asked if I had a pc he could use, and I pointed him to a spare Linux
> box that had Firefox up and ready to go.
>
> He sat down and started typing away and doing stuff, no problem, while I
> watched out the corner of my eye to see when he would realise it wasnt
> Windows.

Creepy. I can almost picture it.

> About 10 minutes later he suddenly jumped back like a rattlesnake bit him
> and exclaimed loudly "this isn't Windows!!!!!"

He probably tried to do something other than browse the web.

> After that, he couldn't seem to use the pc any more (just browsing) and
> declared the machine was no use to him.

Sure.

> That's when I realised that if someone is using Windows already, Microsoft
> probably already owns their heart and soul.

No. If they invest time and effort as I did they can be won over IF the
same apps are available. Invariably they are not.

People don't are about the OS generally : they want the apps they know.

Doctor Smith

Apr 26, 2009, 11:27:06 AM4/26/09
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:45:49 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> writes:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> I wondered why flatfish (Doctor Smith, the pain the pain!) was hammering on
>>> it being crap!
>>
>> Because he's a deranged nutbar?
>>
>> 9.04 is awesome. Day 2 with it now beginning and I haven't had a single
>> problem.
>
> That's great news. Maybe you could pop along to
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=333
>
> And help all the people with broken video, usb etc.

I'd love to see him post that "works for me" crap over in the Ubuntu
forums.
They would hang him from the highest tree.

Doctor Smith

Apr 26, 2009, 11:29:04 AM4/26/09
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 11:40:37 +0100, Tony Manco wrote:

> I do that all the time :-P

Hacking into your schools Windows computers is against the law, Tony Manco.

"Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When they come for you"

Doctor Smith

Apr 26, 2009, 11:31:30 AM4/26/09
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 07:19:37 -0400, Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:
>> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
>> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.
>>
>> If there is one thing a troll loathes and hates worst of all, it's being
>> killfiled.
>>
>> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and they love it,
>> because a response of *any* kind is what they crave.
>>
>> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's probably best,
>> because it indicates you are probably well balanced, have a real life with
>> real friends and family, and real goals.
>>
>> In other words, *you* have a life.
>>
>> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their time trolling.
>>
>> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest cut
>> of all!
>>

> LOL, this is very sad. And this is coming from someone that announced
> that he's back after 10 years of being where?

It's Terry "Ben Hur" Porter.

He rides into COLA on a moped.

> For someone to be brainwashed and out of control like he is, its just wrong.

It's the Linux disease.
It's rotted his brain.

> He's the one talking about abuse. I have no doubt that this person is
> abusing people in real life.

I wonder how he explains a loony toon like Roy Schestowitz who spends 24x7
SPAMMING.

> He's running around in the NG posting like a COLA Chicken Little. :-P

More like a moron running around in a circular room looking for the
doughnut someone told him was in the corner.

Marti van Lin

Apr 26, 2009, 1:35:23 PM4/26/09
On 2009-04-26, Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> wrote:
> The trolls are especially desperate to be heard at the moment, and are
> subtly changing their nyms to try and get out of killfiles.
>
> If there is one thing a troll loathes and hates worst of all, it's being
> killfiled.
>
> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and they love it,
> because a response of *any* kind is what they crave.
>
> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's probably best,
> because it indicates you are probably well balanced, have a real life with
> real friends and family, and real goals.
>
> In other words, *you* have a life.

That's why most advocates simply don't have the time and/or patience
to respond to the troll's garbage.

> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their time trolling.
>
> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest cut
> of all!

The biggest challange is not to respond if they spread lies about you.
I remember the ToiletClogg, claimed I was a stallker some weeks ago. I
simply ignored it.

Yesterday I installed a base system of Debian Lenny on an extremely
outdated box (Cyrix MII 300 Mhz and 64 MiB edo-RAM). Later on I
installed LXDE on it and however it works, I think I will purge it
again. I prefer the text based environment, because the main purpose
of this machine is to run a old-school ANSI-BBS using the RemoteAccess
clone EleBBS.

I installed slrn on it. However slrn has a small learning curve, there
is great documentation and a sample slrnrc file available. Afther
learning about the main navigation keys, the first thing I did, was
learning how the scorefile system works and I'm very impressed. Don't
regret that I installed slrn.

Reading C.O.L.A. without a scorefile is a horror :-)

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|-|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

Marti van Lin

Apr 26, 2009, 2:24:19 PM4/26/09
On 2009-04-26, High Plains Thumper wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
> Terry Porter wrote:
>
>> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and
>> they love it, because a response of *any* kind is what they
>> crave.
>
> Except when shown the naked truth of their trolling.
>
>> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's
>> probably best, because it indicates you are probably well
>> balanced, have a real life with real friends and family, and
>> real goals. In other words, *you* have a life.
>
> When I post something positive or revealing about Linux, I get a
> kick out of Gary putting on his wig and wooden high heels, then
> assailing me in Dutch.

H/sh/e/it did that to me as well, for quite some time. Fellow posters
(Roy and [H]omer) frequently adviced me to plonk the bastard and
ignore it's quotes. Albeit too late (IMHO) I took their advice and I'm
done with it. Simply ignore the mar00ns, that's the only thing that
works.

And don't bother wat lies the tool writes about you, because every
newbie with two working braincells will quickly realise that Gary and
his sock puppets are insane.

>> Trolls don't have a life, which is why they spend all their
>> time trolling.
>>
>> If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the
>> cruelest cut of all!
>
> If you really want to hurt them, submit a complaint to their ISP
> and Usenet ISP. Then socks and all disappear, until they find
> another. In reality there are only a few trolling this newsgroup.

That would only work if they would not forge their headers.

Clogwog

Apr 26, 2009, 3:10:19 PM4/26/09
"Marti van Lin" <ml2...@lenny.deb> schreef in bericht

> On 2009-04-26, High Plains Thumper wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>> Terry Porter wrote:
>>
>>> You can abuse them, torment them, say anything you like and
>>> they love it, because a response of *any* kind is what they
>>> crave.
>>
>> Except when shown the naked truth of their trolling.
>>
>>> This kind of behavior may not make sense to you, and that's
>>> probably best, because it indicates you are probably well
>>> balanced, have a real life with real friends and family, and
>>> real goals. In other words, *you* have a life.
>>
>> When I post something positive or revealing about Linux, I get a
>> kick out of Gary putting on his wig and wooden high heels, then
>> assailing me in Dutch.
>
> H/sh/e/it did that to me as well, for quite some time. Fellow posters
> (Roy and [H]omer) frequently adviced me to plonk the bastard and
> ignore it's quotes. Albeit too late (IMHO) I took their advice and I'm
> done with it. Simply ignore the mar00ns, that's the only thing that
> works.

Please explain all these e-mail rants, I got from you, nymshifting to:
martitakesit...@hushmail.com ?
--
Jy is vol kak!

Tim Smith

Apr 26, 2009, 8:59:54 PM4/26/09
In article <JjUIl.79933$vI1....@newsfe14.ams2>,
"Tony(UK)" <tony_s...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The trolls do not get it - they spout on about how [insert distro here]
> has fatal flaws, but can't understand that no-one posts to a distro's
> forum *unless* they have a problem or need information.
>
> The number of people asking for help with a new distribution is in direct
> relationship to the huge numbers of people who are running it.

Does the same apply to complaints in Mac forums or Windows forums?

--
--Tim Smith

Snit

Apr 26, 2009, 9:29:50 PM4/26/09
Tim Smith stated in post
reply_in_group-3F5...@news.supernews.com on 4/26/09 5:59 PM:

I will not say that Ubuntu, for example, has *fatal* flaws, but it certainly
has a some significant usability issues that show a lack of coordination in
its creation. Here:

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/UbuntuCP.mov>

The steps are shown in the video:

1) Open Firefox. Select and copy some text. Do not quite
Firefox.
2) Open OpenOffice Writer. Paste the text. It should work.
3) Select the text in OO Writer and copy it. Do not quit OO.
4) Open gedit. Paste the text. It should work.
5) Quit gedit, and OO without saving your work.

So far so good. I think everyone agrees this is how Linux should work.

6) Open OO Writer. Type some text, select it, and copy it.
7) Quit OpenOffice without saving your work.
8) Open gedit. Try to paste. IT WILL FAIL. Quit gedit.

This is where Peter Köhlmann said Linux is working as it should.
High Plains Thumper denies that it fails, and says the evidence is forged.
Both disagree, but neither admits to the clear problem.

9) Open Help. Select some text and copy it. Unfortunately
right click *does not work here*. You have to use hot
keys or the menu. Quit Help.

There is no user based reason I can think of for right click to not work
here? Can you?

10) Open gedit. Try to paste. It will fail. Quit gedit.

This fits with Peter's claims of how things "should" work...
HPT claimed he cannot replicate this behavior and committed libel.

11) Open Help, select some text, and copy. Remember that you
cannot use right click to copy.
12) Open gedit. Paste. It works. Type more text. Select
it all and copy. Right click works... but only sort of.
You have to hold the mouse button down! This is,
clearly, inconsistent with how the right menu works
elsewhere. Quit gedit.
13) Open OpenOffice Writer. Paste. *IT WORKS*.

This is *contrary* to Peter's claims of how Linux is supposed to work.

No matter how you look at it:

* Copy and paste do not work in a consistent way: sometimes when
you quite a program the clipboard is lost. Sometimes it is not.
* Right clicking does not work in a consistent way: sometimes it
works with a click, sometimes you have to hold the button down
and sometimes it does not work at all (even though the options
are available elsewhere).

This is with programs that come with the OS - not rare occurrences in
uncommon software. Neither Windows nor OS X have such flaws, at least as
far as I know. What is the defense of this?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Doctor Smith

Apr 26, 2009, 10:09:53 PM4/26/09

New releases of any software are of course going to bring out the
complaints.
That's fairly normal.

The problem with Ubuntu 9.04 and Linux releases in general is that the bugs
are show stopper bugs and demonstrate the utter lack of testing that Linux
has.

High Plains Thumper

Apr 26, 2009, 10:26:06 PM4/26/09
Snit wrote:

> I will not say that Ubuntu, for example, has *fatal* flaws,
> but it certainly has a some significant usability issues that
> show a lack of coordination in its creation. Here:

<SNIP>

Same tired, worn argument, dealt with in:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5353de2f381fe323

29- George Graves: "Jason. You have started an argument with the
Snit (AKA Michael Glasser), this should not be done. He will
drive you crazy with his twisted logic, his deep-rooted need to
be ALWAYS right at any cost. He will move goalposts, set up
strawmen, and bore you into submission with his endless
pedanticism. The only way to engage him is to hit and run. NEVER
engage him, it's a futile, empty procedure that will only anger
you and feed him. Take my advice and STAY AWAY!" 27 Oct 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3d3af33ce25a11fd

> This is where Peter K�hlmann said Linux is working as it

> should. High Plains Thumper denies that it fails, and says the
> evidence is forged. Both disagree, but neither admits to the
> clear problem.

112- TheLetterK: "That is merely your perception, Shit. You're
the one lacking counter evidence, and your arguments basically
amount to "I'm right, nya nya nya." No matter how many examples
someone points at to demonstrate their claim, you blindly
continue to insist that they provide no evidence, or that the
evidence given is irrelevant. Worse still, you fall back on straw
men and disingenuous quote mangling to portray the argument in
your favor. You are one of the worst trolls that inhabit CSMA,
Shit. *Edwin* is more prone to fits of reason than you are." 23
Sep 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d488596b57132124

> This fits with Peter's claims of how things "should" work...
> HPT claimed he cannot replicate this behavior and committed
> libel.

96- RonB (COLA): "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue, who's
thing is twisting your words so he can win an argument against a
straw man. That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42

<SNIP rest of rant>

--
HPT

Snit

Apr 26, 2009, 10:36:05 PM4/26/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post gt3540$5o0$1...@news.eternal-september.org
on 4/26/09 7:26 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> I will not say that Ubuntu, for example, has *fatal* flaws, but it certainly
>> has a some significant usability issues that show a lack of coordination in
>> its creation. Here:
>>

>> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/UbuntuCP.mov>
>>
>> The steps are shown in the video:
>>
>> 1) Open Firefox. Select and copy some text. Do not quite
>> Firefox.
>> 2) Open OpenOffice Writer. Paste the text. It should work.
>> 3) Select the text in OO Writer and copy it. Do not quit OO.
>> 4) Open gedit. Paste the text. It should work.
>> 5) Quit gedit, and OO without saving your work.
>>
>> So far so good. I think everyone agrees this is how Linux should work.
>>
>> 6) Open OO Writer. Type some text, select it, and copy it.
>> 7) Quit OpenOffice without saving your work.
>> 8) Open gedit. Try to paste. IT WILL FAIL. Quit gedit.
>>

>> This is where Peter K�hlmann said Linux is working as it should.
>> High Plains Thumper denies that it fails, and says the evidence is forged.
>> Both disagree, but neither admits to the clear problem.
>>

>> 9) Open Help. Select some text and copy it. Unfortunately
>> right click *does not work here*. You have to use hot
>> keys or the menu. Quit Help.
>>
>> There is no user based reason I can think of for right click to not work
>> here? Can you?
>>
>> 10) Open gedit. Try to paste. It will fail. Quit gedit.
>>

>> This fits with Peter's claims of how things "should" work...
>> HPT claimed he cannot replicate this behavior and committed libel.
>>

>> 11) Open Help, select some text, and copy. Remember that you
>> cannot use right click to copy.
>> 12) Open gedit. Paste. It works. Type more text. Select
>> it all and copy. Right click works... but only sort of.
>> You have to hold the mouse button down! This is,
>> clearly, inconsistent with how the right menu works
>> elsewhere. Quit gedit.
>> 13) Open OpenOffice Writer. Paste. *IT WORKS*.
>>
>> This is *contrary* to Peter's claims of how Linux is supposed to work.
>>
>> No matter how you look at it:
>>
>> * Copy and paste do not work in a consistent way: sometimes when
>> you quite a program the clipboard is lost. Sometimes it is not.
>> * Right clicking does not work in a consistent way: sometimes it
>> works with a click, sometimes you have to hold the button down
>> and sometimes it does not work at all (even though the options
>> are available elsewhere).
>>
>> This is with programs that come with the OS - not rare occurrences in
>> uncommon software. Neither Windows nor OS X have such flaws, at least as far
>> as I know. What is the defense of this?
>

> Same tired, worn argument,

That you have *no* honest response for. Face it, Ubuntu has the exact
problems I talk about... and prove in my video.

You do not like it. So you lie and even commit libel.

Seriously, HPT, what the heck is wrong with you? Do a search for your name
in Google - see what comes up. You talk about how what other say means so
much - well see what they say about you. How much of it is good.

We both know you never did what I suggested: brought printouts of your posts
to you religious leader. You know how they would react. You know you are
in the wrong. You know you are dishonest.

Come on, HPT, how many times must you humiliate yourself simply to pander to
the lowest of the low of Usenet. Is your self-worth so miserable that you
feel you need to just to have someone speak well of you... some filth of
Usenet? It surely looks that way.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Apr 26, 2009, 11:33:52 PM4/26/09
Snit wrote:
> High Plains Thumper stated:

>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> I will not say that Ubuntu, for example, has *fatal*
>>> flaws, but it certainly has a some significant usability
>>> issues that show a lack of coordination in its creation.
>>> Here:
>>>
>>> <SNIP>

<BIG SNIP of continous ad nauseum>

>> 96- RonB (COLA): "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue,
>> who's thing is twisting your words so he can win an argument
>> against a straw man. That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan
>> 2009
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42
>>
>> <SNIP rest of rant>

<SNIP rest of rant. Again.>

>>> This is with programs that come with the OS - not rare
>>> occurrences in uncommon software. Neither Windows nor OS
>>> X have such flaws, at least as far as I know. What is the
>>> defense of this?
>>
>> Same tired, worn argument,
>
> That you have *no* honest response for. Face it, Ubuntu has
> the exact problems I talk about... and prove in my video.
>
> You do not like it. So you lie and even commit libel.
>
> Seriously, HPT, what the heck is wrong with you? Do a search
> for your name in Google - see what comes up. You talk about
> how what other say means so much - well see what they say
> about you. How much of it is good.
>
> We both know you never did what I suggested: brought printouts
> of your posts to you religious leader. You know how they
> would react. You know you are in the wrong. You know you are
> dishonest.
>
> Come on, HPT, how many times must you humiliate yourself
> simply to pander to the lowest of the low of Usenet. Is your
> self-worth so miserable that you feel you need to just to have
> someone speak well of you... some filth of Usenet? It surely
> looks that way.

http://www.cableone.net/AUP/Pages/internetAUP.aspx

[quote]
Newsgroups

Messages posted to newsgroups must comply with the written
charters or FAQ's for those newsgroups. [...] You are responsible
for determining the policies of a given newsgroup before posting
to it. Posting or cross-posting the same or substantially similar
messages to more than eight newsgroups is prohibited. [...]
Forging, altering or removing header information is prohibited. [...]

You may not attempt to "flood" or disrupt Usenet newsgroups.
Disruption is defined as posting a large number of messages to a
newsgroup which contain no substantive content, to the extent
that normal discussion in the group is significantly hindered.

Examples of disruptive activities include, but are not limited
to, posting multiple messages with no text in the body, or
posting many follow-ups to messages with no new text.
[/quote]

--
HPT

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 27, 2009, 7:05:32 AM4/27/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Snit wrote:

>> I will not say that Ubuntu, for example, has *fatal* flaws,
>> but it certainly has a some significant usability issues that
>> show a lack of coordination in its creation. Here:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Same tired, worn argument, dealt with in:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5353de2f381fe323

Debian, upon which Ubunutu is based, is a very highly coordinated
enterprise. Just check out the activity on the Debian developers mailing
list.

Then, on top of that, you have the choices made by Canonical.

Lack of coordination? In constructing the distro, no. In allowing apps
outside the GUI/Gnome framework? Yes. Thank the heavens!

--
O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive.
-- Sir Walter Scott, "Marmion"

chrisv

Apr 27, 2009, 10:03:16 AM4/27/09
Marti van Lin wrote:

>That's why most advocates simply don't have the time and/or patience
>to respond to the troll's garbage.

Or even rad in the first place. It's usually same lies and idiocy
repeated for the umpteenth time, anyway...

chrisv

Apr 27, 2009, 10:04:31 AM4/27/09
Terry Porter wrote:

>If you really want to hurt the trolls, killfile them, it's the cruelest cut
>of all!

You know I do! 8)

chrisv

Apr 27, 2009, 10:21:49 AM4/27/09
chrisv wrote:

s/rad/read/

Kelsey Bjarnason

Apr 26, 2009, 10:48:16 PM4/26/09
[snips]

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:07:32 +1000, Terry Porter wrote:

> Awesome!
> I hope it was Ubuntu 9.04 because that's darn good!

Jaunty?

Hmm. Jaunty's the one making me think about ditching Ubuntu for
something else - gentoo, who knows.

Audio here doesn't work _at all_ unless I go back to a prior kernel.
When doing that, I do get audio, but I also get endless pulse errors.
My screen occasionally messes up so badly as to be unusable.

Note these never happened with anything from Drake to Intrepid; it's new
with Jaunty.

> I once showed the Compiz-Fusion cube to a devout Windows user, he just
> stood there mouth wide open, eyes glazed over, brain unable to take it
> all in.

Yeah, Linux does tend to do that. I know the trolls will be all over
those little issues I mentioned, but face it, Windows has its share of
issues, too, and at least in Linux there are ways around it - everything
from switching distros, backing out to earlier kernels, custom kernel
builds, you name it. Try those options in Windows - say Vista, but
running the XP kernel.

> About 10 minutes later he suddenly jumped back like a rattlesnake bit
> him and exclaimed loudly "this isn't Windows!!!!!"
>

> After that, he couldn't seem to use the pc any more (just browsing) and
> declared the machine was no use to him.

Amazing, ain't it? They're so brainwashed that when they realize it
ain't Windows, *poof*, the very thing they were happily using suddenly
doesn't work... but the only thing that changed was their realization it
wasn't Windows.

Snit

Apr 27, 2009, 12:51:50 PM4/27/09
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post GagJl.33895$9a.3...@bignews1.bellsouth.net on
4/27/09 4:05 AM:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> I will not say that Ubuntu, for example, has *fatal* flaws,
>>> but it certainly has a some significant usability issues that
>>> show a lack of coordination in its creation. Here:
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Same tired, worn argument, dealt with in:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5353de2f381fe323
>
> Debian, upon which Ubunutu is based, is a very highly coordinated
> enterprise. Just check out the activity on the Debian developers mailing
> list.
>
> Then, on top of that, you have the choices made by Canonical.
>
> Lack of coordination? In constructing the distro, no. In allowing apps
> outside the GUI/Gnome framework? Yes. Thank the heavens!

Do you think it is good for users that neither copy/paste nor right-clicking
consistent / well thought out in Ubuntu? This is a very clear example of
where users will have to move more of their attention to the tool than they
otherwise would... and thus pull attention away from their tasks.

Above you speak of "allowing" - keep in mind I am the one who has been
advocating for the value of *choice*, specifically saying that it would be a
great benefit to desktop Linux users if they had the choice of having a well
thought out and consistent user experience. Right now, even with Ubuntu
which is done as well or better than any distro I have seen, there is still
a long way to go to get there.

I am not expecting perfection... the only way I can see where a platform
would have perfect consistency is if innovation was stifled, and I am
*against* that... strongly. But when such basics as copy/paste and
right-clicking have not been figured out for a platform, how do you defend
that? Just baffling why Linux users are willing to settle for such a poorly
done experience without even showing a sign of understanding the weaknesses
of it.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Terry Porter

Apr 27, 2009, 9:41:26 PM4/27/09
Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

> [snips]
>
> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:07:32 +1000, Terry Porter wrote:
>
>> Awesome!
>> I hope it was Ubuntu 9.04 because that's darn good!
>
> Jaunty?

Lol, dunno the name. The version is 9.04 Beta and it works perfectly on my
EeePC900

> Hmm. Jaunty's the one making me think about ditching Ubuntu for
> something else - gentoo, who knows.

Have you tried Sidux, its just Debian Sid, and altho nowhere as 'polished'
as Ubuntu 9.04, it's impressive.

Available in Xfce and Kde, Sidux would make a great distro for a admin I
feel.

> Audio here doesn't work _at all_ unless I go back to a prior kernel.
> When doing that, I do get audio, but I also get endless pulse errors.
> My screen occasionally messes up so badly as to be unusable.

I havent had any problems, but then there is a plethora of different
hardware types, firmware revisions and models around.

> Note these never happened with anything from Drake to Intrepid; it's new
> with Jaunty.
>
>> I once showed the Compiz-Fusion cube to a devout Windows user, he just
>> stood there mouth wide open, eyes glazed over, brain unable to take it
>> all in.
>
> Yeah, Linux does tend to do that. I know the trolls will be all over
> those little issues I mentioned,

Ironic as Windows has *so* many issues, its impossible to keep track of
them.

> but face it, Windows has its share of
> issues, too, and at least in Linux there are ways around it - everything
> from switching distros, backing out to earlier kernels, custom kernel
> builds, you name it.

I've never known a Linux issue that couldn't be fixed.

I have one annoying issue myself at the moment.

I'm running KVM/Qemu on this GNU/Gentoo/Linux box and its works perfectly
from the CLI.

I installed virt-manager for the nice GUI VM management and performance
graphs etc, and it all works great, except for the graphical display which
is fine when the guest is in text mode, but zooms the guest GUI horribly
and I can only see about 1/5 of it at that point, making install completion
impossible.

It's not a biggie, because I use KVM/Qemu with the CLI anyway, but if the
graphical display worked it would have been nice.

I spent all yesterday afternoon researching the problem, and looking at
code, but still I'm none the wiser. Although a GUI interface and driver
(libvert) is nice and easy, the levels of abstraction can make faultfinding
difficult, imho.

> Try those options in Windows - say Vista, but
> running the XP kernel.

Hahaah, not on this planet!

>> About 10 minutes later he suddenly jumped back like a rattlesnake bit
>> him and exclaimed loudly "this isn't Windows!!!!!"
>>
>> After that, he couldn't seem to use the pc any more (just browsing) and
>> declared the machine was no use to him.
>
> Amazing, ain't it? They're so brainwashed that when they realize it
> ain't Windows, *poof*, the very thing they were happily using suddenly
> doesn't work...

It's quite astonishing to me ....

> but the only thing that changed was their realization it
> wasn't Windows.

Yes, proof that Windows rots your brain, something the trolls are also
living proof of.

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Tim Smith

Apr 27, 2009, 11:00:43 PM4/27/09
In article <C61A589E.2BDF1%cs...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <cs...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> This is where Peter K�hlmann said Linux is working as it should.

> High Plains Thumper denies that it fails, and says the evidence is forged.
> Both disagree, but neither admits to the clear problem.

If you had asked both Peter and HPT what would happen in your test,
without including the results, Peter would have predicted the outcome,
because he knows how X works. He disagrees with you over it being a
problem, because he knows the history of it and knows why it was
designed that way.

HPT would not have predicted the correct outcome. He thinks it should
work the way you think it should work. However, he has not actually
tried it, so just assumes it must work the way he thinks it should, and
concludes you must be lying.

--
--Tim Smith

Snit

Apr 28, 2009, 12:14:55 AM4/28/09
Tim Smith stated in post
reply_in_group-F02...@news.supernews.com on 4/27/09 8:00 PM:

> In article <C61A589E.2BDF1%cs...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
> Snit <cs...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> This is where Peter K�hlmann said Linux is working as it should.
>> High Plains Thumper denies that it fails, and says the evidence is forged.
>> Both disagree, but neither admits to the clear problem.
>
> If you had asked both Peter and HPT what would happen in your test,
> without including the results, Peter would have predicted the outcome,
> because he knows how X works. He disagrees with you over it being a
> problem, because he knows the history of it and knows why it was
> designed that way.

Peter would not have predicted the outcome fully: he said the clipboard is
supposed to be lost.. and it is not always. It if was consistently lost, at
least people would know what to expect (though, frankly, for a desktop
platform that seems a bit broken to me).

> HPT would not have predicted the correct outcome. He thinks it should
> work the way you think it should work. However, he has not actually
> tried it, so just assumes it must work the way he thinks it should, and
> concludes you must be lying.

Yes. And oddly enough, both Peter and HPT insist I most have forged the
evidence - Peter because it sometimes *does* work, HPT because it sometimes
does *not*. Yet, of course, they will not say they disagree with each
other, in fact, HPT uses Peter's accusations of forgery to try to support
his own! In the end, HPT does not even likely believe what he says, he is
just pandering to Peter and to others who are not honorable. I have pointed
out even more extreme examples from HPT, going so far as to accuse me of
sock puppetry because someone who is clearly mentally handicapped (or
severely learning disabled) insisted that my noting I quoted someone
correctly meant I was using a sock puppet. HPT is looking for acceptance...
Peter is just angry. Neither is being rational.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Apr 28, 2009, 8:04:53 AM4/28/09
Tim Smith wrote:

> HPT would not have predicted the correct outcome. He thinks
> it should work the way you think it should work. However, he
> has not actually tried it, so just assumes it must work the
> way he thinks it should, and concludes you must be lying.

No, basically you are lying, because I know how it works. Once
the programme closes, the buffer is shut down, which is not a
problem as Snit claims. However, I don't open a programme, copy
and paste, then immediately shut it down.

My complaint with Snit is his devious method of trolling, his
forging evidence, but it is not the first time.

Steve Mackay: "Hey, and you can modify multiple times, post them
on your site, and claim they are the 'originals'. Oh wait...
You've done that already. Wow... more accusations from you
posted with -*gasp*- absolutely no support. You do that a
lot..." 13 Aug 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/87031a1655f235c2

--
HPT

Peter Köhlmann

Apr 28, 2009, 8:25:35 AM4/28/09
High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> HPT would not have predicted the correct outcome. He thinks
>> it should work the way you think it should work. However, he
>> has not actually tried it, so just assumes it must work the
>> way he thinks it should, and concludes you must be lying.
>
> No, basically you are lying, because I know how it works. Once
> the programme closes, the buffer is shut down, which is not a
> problem as Snit claims. However, I don't open a programme, copy
> and paste, then immediately shut it down.

Snot Glasser also continous to ignore the existance of programs like
"klipper" which enhance the clipboard.

> My complaint with Snit is his devious method of trolling, his
> forging evidence, but it is not the first time.

He does it all the time.
When he supplies a link to his own site, you can be fairly certain that
all of the supplied "evidence" is forged. Or at least tampered with

> Steve Mackay: "Hey, and you can modify multiple times, post them
> on your site, and claim they are the 'originals'. Oh wait...
> You've done that already. Wow... more accusations from you
> posted with -*gasp*- absolutely no support. You do that a
> lot..." 13 Aug 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/87031a1655f235c2

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you

Snit

Apr 28, 2009, 10:50:43 AM4/28/09
Peter K�hlmann stated in post gt6sjv$abf$01$1...@news.t-online.com on 4/28/09
5:25 AM:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Tim Smith wrote:
>>
>>> HPT would not have predicted the correct outcome. He thinks
>>> it should work the way you think it should work. However, he
>>> has not actually tried it, so just assumes it must work the
>>> way he thinks it should, and concludes you must be lying.
>>
>> No, basically you are lying, because I know how it works. Once
>> the programme closes, the buffer is shut down, which is not a
>> problem as Snit claims. However, I don't open a programme, copy
>> and paste, then immediately shut it down.
>
> Snot Glasser also continous to ignore the existance of programs like
> "klipper" which enhance the clipboard.

You are implying I have denied there are fixes for the problems that *come*
with Ubuntu. That is simply not true.

>> My complaint with Snit is his devious method of trolling, his
>> forging evidence, but it is not the first time.
>
> He does it all the time.
> When he supplies a link to his own site, you can be fairly certain that
> all of the supplied "evidence" is forged. Or at least tampered with

Please stop committing libel.

>> Steve Mackay: "Hey, and you can modify multiple times, post them
>> on your site, and claim they are the 'originals'. Oh wait...
>> You've done that already. Wow... more accusations from you
>> posted with -*gasp*- absolutely no support. You do that a
>> lot..." 13 Aug 2005
>>

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/87031a1655f235c2

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Apr 28, 2009, 10:53:16 AM4/28/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post gt6rd5$9c8$1...@news.albasani.net on 4/28/09
5:04 AM:

> Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> HPT would not have predicted the correct outcome. He thinks
>> it should work the way you think it should work. However, he
>> has not actually tried it, so just assumes it must work the
>> way he thinks it should, and concludes you must be lying.
>
> No, basically you are lying, because I know how it works. Once
> the programme closes, the buffer is shut down, which is not a
> problem as Snit claims. However, I don't open a programme, copy
> and paste, then immediately shut it down.

Hey, Peter, the problem is not from when people, as you say, "copy and
paste, then immediately shut it down". The problem is that, as it ships,
Ubuntu is inconsistent when you copy, shut the program down, and then paste.
You missed:

1) The order of operation to repeat the problem
2) The fact that the problem is not (just) that the clipboard
gets lost, but that the behavior is inconsistent.

> My complaint with Snit is his devious method of trolling, his
> forging evidence, but it is not the first time.
>
> Steve Mackay: "Hey, and you can modify multiple times, post them
> on your site, and claim they are the 'originals'. Oh wait...
> You've done that already. Wow... more accusations from you
> posted with -*gasp*- absolutely no support. You do that a
> lot..." 13 Aug 2005
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/87031a1655f235c2

Please stop committing libel.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Apr 28, 2009, 11:00:35 AM4/28/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post gt6rd5$9c8$1...@news.albasani.net on 4/28/09
5:04 AM:

> Tim Smith wrote:

>> HPT would not have predicted the correct outcome. He thinks
>> it should work the way you think it should work. However, he
>> has not actually tried it, so just assumes it must work the
>> way he thinks it should, and concludes you must be lying.
>
> No, basically you are lying, because I know how it works. Once
> the programme closes, the buffer is shut down, which is not a
> problem as Snit claims.

Other than that you missed the fact that this is not consistent, what do you
think is different in what I, and Ubuntu itself, "claim":

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/UbuntuCP.mov>

> However, I don't open a programme, copy and paste, then immediately shut it
> down.

Who cares? Really? One: the problem is with *Ubuntu*, not your work flow.
Why would anyone care about your work flow? Two: you got the order wrong -
as has been noted, you are not able to follow a simple copy and paste
procedure so you sink to libel... see below:

> My complaint with Snit is his devious method of trolling, his
> forging evidence, but it is not the first time.

It is not the first time you have committed libel. Nor will it be your
last.

[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Apr 29, 2009, 6:39:52 AM4/29/09
Peter K�hlmann wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> Tim Smith wrote:
>>
>>> HPT would not have predicted the correct outcome. He
>>> thinks it should work the way you think it should work.
>>> However, he has not actually tried it, so just assumes it
>>> must work the way he thinks it should, and concludes you
>>> must be lying.
>>
>> No, basically you are lying, because I know how it works.
>> Once the programme closes, the buffer is shut down, which is
>> not a problem as Snit claims. However, I don't open a
>> programme, copy and paste, then immediately shut it down.
>
> Snot Glasser also continuous to ignore the existence of

> programs like "klipper" which enhance the clipboard.

That is not all he ignores. For someone who trolls this
newsgroup, he renders superficial replies and ad hominems as a
failed strategy and substitute obviously for the lack of computer
technical competence. His only purpose is to serve as a
disruptive factor to posting in this newsgroup.

>> My complaint with Snit is his devious method of trolling,
>> his forging evidence, but it is not the first time.
>
> He does it all the time. When he supplies a link to his own
> site, you can be fairly certain that all of the supplied
> "evidence" is forged. Or at least tampered with

True, there is much complaint documented in CSMA through Google
Groups of his doctoring files for presentation, essentially
falsifying information. I found Steve Mackay's statement a tip
of the ice berg.

>> Steve Mackay: "Hey, and you can modify multiple times, post
>> them on your site, and claim they are the 'originals'. Oh
>> wait... You've done that already. Wow... more accusations
>> from you posted with -*gasp*- absolutely no support. You do
>> that a lot..." 13 Aug 2005
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/87031a1655f235c2

127 Quotes on Snit Circus of Pathological Lies, Now in its second
edition with links to nearly all quotes!

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/bac3625f53023522

--
HPT

Snit

Apr 29, 2009, 12:11:42 PM4/29/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 49f82e7a$0$29136$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 4/29/09 3:39 AM:

> Peter K�hlmann wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> No, basically you are lying, because I know how it works.
>>> Once the programme closes, the buffer is shut down, which is
>>> not a problem as Snit claims. However, I don't open a
>>> programme, copy and paste, then immediately shut it down.
>>
>> Snot Glasser also continuous to ignore the existence of
>> programs like "klipper" which enhance the clipboard.
>
> That is not all he ignores.

Wait! You are implying I have denied there are fixes to some of the
problems I have talked about in the way Ubuntu ships. I have done no such
thing. While many of the problems cannot realistically be solved, Klipper
and the like might fix the clipboard problems.

Disagree with me all you like - but please do not make up positions *for* me
nor believe angry and dishonest posters such as Peter. He, clearly, is very
angry and dishonest.

Seriously, I would love to see you and Peter actually stick to the topic of
Linux and not change the topic to your own personal anger.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Roy Schestowitz

Apr 29, 2009, 3:42:45 PM4/29/09

marika

May 7, 2009, 10:32:47 PM5/7/09
On Apr 26, 10:26 pm, High Plains Thumper <h...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Same tired, worn argument, dealt with in:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5353de2f381f...

Come on - there are more tired worn argument than this

mk5000

"Theres no sign of life
Its just the power to charm
Im lying in the rain
But I never wave bye-bye"--modern love, david bowie