[News] Tom Hardware Gets Vista Laptop, Reviews It, Bashes It

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 3, 2007, 5:34:48 AM1/3/07
Windows Vista Ultimate, A Hands On Diary: Entry #1

,----[ Quote ]
| To get my input on Windows Vista, Microsoft offered to loan me an
| Acer Ferrari 1000 with the release to manufacture (RTM) version of
| Vista Ultimate, a Vista pizza with every feature of the OS included.
| The notebook would also come with the RTM version of Office 2007.
| Who could resist? I told them to send it with all due speed.
`----

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/02/windows_vista_ultimate_hands_on_uk/

Not good for Microsoft. And they truly gave him an average laptop, didn't
they?

Larry Qualig

Jan 3, 2007, 9:54:58 AM1/3/07

I read the entire article. Nowhere in the article does the reviewer
"bash" Vista or the laptop. So why are you lying again?

Tattoo Vampire

Jan 3, 2007, 11:05:38 AM1/3/07
Larry Qualig wrote:

> I read the entire article. Nowhere in the article does the reviewer
> "bash" Vista or the laptop. So why are you lying again?

The writer does have a few dislikes about the OS:

#1:
Maybe the dialog should be a bit more cautious. Just because I started a
program doesn't mean it's safe to run it.

#2:
To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Vista's Aero windowing system.
Yes, the 3-D with shadowing stuff is nice and yes the semi-transparent
windows are cool, but for me it's no big-deal improvement over XP's windows.
We'll see if this judgment holds over the month.

#3:
If truth be told, my first app install on Vista didn't go entirely smoothly.

Not much criticism at all from the writer...
--
Regards,
[tv]

...He's so conservative his plane doesn't have a left wing.

Larry Qualig

Jan 3, 2007, 11:41:40 AM1/3/07

That's precisely my point. Sure the reviewer has some (valid)
criticisms because like any other product, it isn't perfect. But the
reviewer also had many positive things to say in his review as well.
Just because a small number of criticisms were brought up, the article
in no way 'Bashes Vista' as the subject falsely implies.

Hell... the other day I read a review of the 2007 Porsche Boxter S. And
guess what, the author had a few negative things to say about it (small
trunks, choppy ride on rough rodes, clutch was a bit stiff) but
ultimately they really liked the car. Just because the author made a
few criticisms doesn't mean that he "Bashed" the car.

Tattoo Vampire

Jan 3, 2007, 11:44:55 AM1/3/07
Larry Qualig wrote:

> That's precisely my point. Sure the reviewer has some (valid)
> criticisms because like any other product, it isn't perfect. But the
> reviewer also had many positive things to say in his review as well.
> Just because a small number of criticisms were brought up, the article
> in no way 'Bashes Vista' as the subject falsely implies.

He spent more time harping about the Aero interface than he did anything
else.
--
Regards,
[tv]

...The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach.

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 3, 2007, 11:46:48 AM1/3/07
__/ [ Tattoo Vampire ] on Wednesday 03 January 2007 16:05 \__

...Who receive a free laptop owing to his status. Microsoft flip-flopping on
its return policy won't help here. When you send someone a $3000 laptop, you
expect little or no criticism. The review is also biased because of the
hardware specs. The the equivalent of taking a test drive with Sylvia Saint
giving you a blowjob.

--
~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz | "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
http://Schestowitz.com | Open Prospects Ś PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Tasks: 118 total, 2 running, 115 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie

Larry Qualig

Jan 3, 2007, 11:57:30 AM1/3/07

Tattoo Vampire wrote:
> Larry Qualig wrote:
>
> > That's precisely my point. Sure the reviewer has some (valid)
> > criticisms because like any other product, it isn't perfect. But the
> > reviewer also had many positive things to say in his review as well.
> > Just because a small number of criticisms were brought up, the article
> > in no way 'Bashes Vista' as the subject falsely implies.
>

> He spent more time harping about the Aero interface
> than he did anything else.

Is this the "harping" you refer to? Because other than this paragraph,
Aero is only mentioned one other time towards the end of the article.

<quote>

To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Vista's Aero windowing
system.
Yes, the 3-D with shadowing stuff is nice and yes the semi-transparent
windows are cool, but for me it's no big-deal improvement over XP's
windows.
We'll see if this judgment holds over the month.

</quote>

I'm not sure he's necessarily harping/bashing it other than stating
that while 3D effects and transparency is cool, but doesn't personally
do much for him. In either case, it's still a lie to falsely claim that
the article/author "bashes vista" in the review. The review may not
have been a "AAAA" review but it certainly doesn't bash anything.

Bash (verb) : To attack physically or verbally.

I don't see anything in that article that even remotely resembles an
"attack" against Vista. Do you?

wjbell

Jan 3, 2007, 12:01:00 PM1/3/07
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Tattoo Vampire ] on Wednesday 03 January 2007 16:05 \__
>
>> Larry Qualig wrote:
>>
>>> I read the entire article. Nowhere in the article does the reviewer
>>> "bash" Vista or the laptop. So why are you lying again?
>>
>> The writer does have a few dislikes about the OS:
>>
>> #1:
>> Maybe the dialog should be a bit more cautious. Just because I started a
>> program doesn't mean it's safe to run it.
>>
>> #2:
>> To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Vista's Aero windowing system.
>> Yes, the 3-D with shadowing stuff is nice and yes the semi-transparent
>> windows are cool, but for me it's no big-deal improvement over XP's
>> windows. We'll see if this judgment holds over the month.
>>
>> #3:
>> If truth be told, my first app install on Vista didn't go entirely
>> smoothly.
>>
>> Not much criticism at all from the writer...
>
> ...Who receive a free laptop owing to his status. Microsoft flip-flopping on
> its return policy won't help here. When you send someone a $3000 laptop, you
> expect little or no criticism.

No, what that does is take out the hardware variable and let the person
review the _operating system_.

> The review is also biased because of the
> hardware specs. The the equivalent of taking a test drive with Sylvia Saint
> giving you a blowjob.

No acknowledgment of your exaggeration?

Interesting.

--
wjbell

Peter K abandon his firewall lie:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e6eaf7e09552e5e2?hl=en

Jim R failing to address the issue after being asked:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ad37ca14a2d7224?hl=en

And of course, Roy Culley -- COLAs loyal hall monitor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=cola+stats&hl=en&as_uauthors=roy+culley
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/578bb2221ad0453c?hl=en

Larry Qualig

Jan 3, 2007, 12:07:33 PM1/3/07

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Tattoo Vampire ] on Wednesday 03 January 2007 16:05 \__
>
> > Larry Qualig wrote:
> >
> >> I read the entire article. Nowhere in the article does the reviewer
> >> "bash" Vista or the laptop. So why are you lying again?
> >
> > The writer does have a few dislikes about the OS:
> >
> > #1:
> > Maybe the dialog should be a bit more cautious. Just because I started a
> > program doesn't mean it's safe to run it.
> >
> > #2:
> > To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Vista's Aero windowing system.
> > Yes, the 3-D with shadowing stuff is nice and yes the semi-transparent
> > windows are cool, but for me it's no big-deal improvement over XP's
> > windows. We'll see if this judgment holds over the month.
> >
> > #3:
> > If truth be told, my first app install on Vista didn't go entirely
> > smoothly.
> >
> > Not much criticism at all from the writer...
>

> ...Who receive a free laptop owing to his status.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you lied yet again
when you fabricated your subject line.

> Microsoft flip-flopping on its return policy won't help here.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you lied yet again
when you fabricated your subject line.

> When you send someone a $3000 laptop, you expect little or no criticism.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you lied yet again
when you fabricated your subject line.

> The review is also biased because of the hardware specs.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you lied yet again
when you fabricated your subject line.

> The the equivalent of taking a test drive with Sylvia Saint giving you a blowjob.

Not equivalent at all.

Your acknowledgement that you lied and fabricated the "Tom Hardware
Gets Vista Laptop, Reviews It, Bashes It" title is noted.

And once again, your response of "they got a free laptop" has
absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you lied yet again when you
fabricated your subject line.

flatfish+++

Jan 3, 2007, 12:08:45 PM1/3/07
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:46:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Tattoo Vampire ] on Wednesday 03 January 2007 16:05 \__
>
>> Larry Qualig wrote:
>>
>>> I read the entire article. Nowhere in the article does the reviewer
>>> "bash" Vista or the laptop. So why are you lying again?
>>
>> The writer does have a few dislikes about the OS:
>>
>> #1:
>> Maybe the dialog should be a bit more cautious. Just because I started a
>> program doesn't mean it's safe to run it.
>>
>> #2:
>> To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Vista's Aero windowing system.
>> Yes, the 3-D with shadowing stuff is nice and yes the semi-transparent
>> windows are cool, but for me it's no big-deal improvement over XP's
>> windows. We'll see if this judgment holds over the month.
>>
>> #3:
>> If truth be told, my first app install on Vista didn't go entirely
>> smoothly.
>>
>> Not much criticism at all from the writer...
>
> ...Who receive a free laptop owing to his status. Microsoft flip-flopping on
> its return policy won't help here. When you send someone a $3000 laptop, you
> expect little or no criticism. The review is also biased because of the
> hardware specs. The the equivalent of taking a test drive with Sylvia Saint
> giving you a blowjob.

Dance Roy "Bojangles" Schestowitz!!!
Dance!!!!

(Notice Roy Schestowitz evading the subject?)

So where does the review bash Vista/laptop?

You still have not answered the question.

Face it Roy Schestowitz, you have been caught lying yet again.

You may be a Grade A SPAMMER Roy Schestowitz, but you are a Grade F liar.

flatfish+++

Jan 3, 2007, 12:10:40 PM1/3/07

Why should he?
Narcissistic people are never wrong, at least that is what they believe.
It's always the other people, the grunts of the world, that are wrong.

It's obvious Roy Schestowitz has a problem telling the truth.

Oliver Wong

Jan 3, 2007, 5:55:01 PM1/3/07

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

I posted this earlier, but you may have missed it.

<quote>
To listen to the outcry, one might think that this kind of thing doesn't
happen everyday.

Well, it most certainly does. And Microsoft is neither the first nor the
best at the fine art of influencing the influencers. You might be surprised
to learn this, but this fine art sees thousands and thousands of people
employed in its service. It's an industry!

[...]

This practice is not uncommon. Product developers and manufacturers are
often itching to give out freebies to tech influencers because it's smart
marketing. Do you really think Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal goes
to some secret underground Apple Store to buy his hot new iPod to review a
month before it's even announced? Do you think hardware review sites sneak
into processor fabs late at night to gain access to hardware samples that
won't be on retail shelves for months? Do you really think they're sending
all of that stuff back?
</quote>

- Oliver

Jerry McBride

Jan 3, 2007, 7:59:09 PM1/3/07
flatfish+++ wrote:

Well... where did the guy PRAISE it? No where... In fact, it was more
negative than positive and as Roy reported it DEAD ON.

Thanks for the post, Roy. I'll be looking forward to see how unbiased this
vista review goes...

--

Jerry McBride

Larry Qualig

Jan 3, 2007, 8:22:20 PM1/3/07

There is no requirement for the reviewer to "PRAISE" Vista in order to
prove Roy to be a liar. He only need not BASH it for Roy's statement to
be false.

> In fact, it was more negative than positive
> and as Roy reported it DEAD ON.

"It was more negative than positive" basically means that it was
"neutral." A neutral review is not not even a negative review and it is
absolutely not a review that BASHES a product. Thank you for your
confirmation that Roy Schestowitz is a dishonest liar.

> Thanks for the post, Roy. I'll be looking forward to see how unbiased this
> vista review goes...

Slurp, slurp.

OK

Jan 3, 2007, 8:54:45 PM1/3/07
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:46:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>__/ [ Tattoo Vampire ] on Wednesday 03 January 2007 16:05 \__
>
>> Larry Qualig wrote:
>>
>>> I read the entire article. Nowhere in the article does the reviewer
>>> "bash" Vista or the laptop. So why are you lying again?
>>
>> The writer does have a few dislikes about the OS:
>>
>> #1:
>> Maybe the dialog should be a bit more cautious. Just because I started a
>> program doesn't mean it's safe to run it.
>>
>> #2:
>> To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Vista's Aero windowing system.
>> Yes, the 3-D with shadowing stuff is nice and yes the semi-transparent
>> windows are cool, but for me it's no big-deal improvement over XP's
>> windows. We'll see if this judgment holds over the month.
>>
>> #3:
>> If truth be told, my first app install on Vista didn't go entirely
>> smoothly.
>>
>> Not much criticism at all from the writer...
>
>...Who receive a free laptop

loan: give temporarily; let have for a limited time

> owing to his status. Microsoft flip-flopping on
>its return policy won't help here. When you send someone a $3000 laptop, you
>expect little or no criticism. The review is also biased because of the
>hardware specs. The the equivalent of taking a test drive with Sylvia Saint
>giving you a blowjob.

Now go back lifting some weights.

Message has been deleted

Tattoo Vampire

Jan 3, 2007, 11:28:36 PM1/3/07
Larry Qualig wrote:

> Is this the "harping" you refer to? Because other than this paragraph,
> Aero is only mentioned one other time towards the end of the article.
>
> <quote>
> To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Vista's Aero windowing
> system.
> Yes, the 3-D with shadowing stuff is nice and yes the semi-transparent
> windows are cool, but for me it's no big-deal improvement over XP's
> windows.
> We'll see if this judgment holds over the month.
> </quote>

Well, it seemed Aero got the most columnar inches. :-/

> I don't see anything in that article that even remotely resembles an
> "attack" against Vista. Do you?

No. Never said I did.

--
Regards,
[tv]

...Are dog biscuits made from collie flour?