Let the cola idiot orgy begin: MS to lay off 1400 today, 3600 more over next 18 months

DFS

Jan 22, 2009, 9:34:33 AM1/22/09
REDMOND, Wash. - Jan. 22, 2009 - Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of
$16.63 billion for the second quarter ended Dec. 31, 2008, a 2% increase
over the same period of the prior year. Operating income, net income and
diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $5.94 billion, $4.17 billion
and $0.47, declines of 8%, 11% and 6%, respectively, compared with the prior
year.
Client revenue declined 8% as a result of PC market weakness and a continued
shift to lower priced netbooks. However, strong annuity licensing drove
Server & Tools revenue growth of 15%. Entertainment and Devices revenue grew
3% driven by strong holiday demand for Xbox 360 consoles with a record 6
million units sold in the quarter.

During the quarter, Microsoft showcased significant new product innovations
by debuting Windows 7, Windows Azure, Office Web applications, Windows
Server 2008 R2 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2. Microsoft also
announced general availability of Silverlight 2, Exchange Online, SharePoint
Online, Windows Small Business Server 2008, Windows Essential Business
Server 2008 and a new release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

"While we are not immune to the effects of the economy, I am confident in
the strength of our product portfolio and soundness of our approach," said
Steve Ballmer, chief executive officer at Microsoft. "We will continue to
manage expenses and invest in long-term opportunities to deliver value to
customers and shareholders, and we will emerge an even stronger industry
leader than we are today."

In light of the further deterioration of global economic conditions,
Microsoft announced additional steps to manage costs, including the
reduction of headcount-related expenses, vendors and contingent staff,
facilities, capital expenditures and marketing. As part of this plan,
Microsoft will eliminate up to 5,000 jobs in R&D, marketing, sales, finance,
legal, HR, and IT over the next 18 months, including 1,400 jobs today. These
initiatives will reduce the company's annual operating expense run rate by
approximately $1.5 billion and reduce fiscal year 2009 capital expenditures
by $700 million.

Business Outlook

"Economic activity and IT spend slowed beyond our expectations in the
quarter, and we acted quickly to reduce our cost structure and mitigate its
impact," said Chris Liddell, chief financial officer at Microsoft. "We are
planning for economic uncertainty to continue through the remainder of the
fiscal year, almost certainly leading to lower revenue and earnings for the
second half relative to the previous year. In this environment, we will
focus on outperforming our competitors and addressing our cost structure."

Due to the volatility of market conditions going forward, Microsoft is no
longer able to offer quantitative revenue and EPS guidance for the balance
of this fiscal year. Microsoft offers operating expense guidance of
approximately $27.4 billion for the full year ending June 30, 2009. This
information supercedes the fiscal year 2009 guidance that Microsoft provided
on Oct. 23, 2008. Management will discuss second-quarter results, and the
company's qualitative business outlook on a conference call and webcast at 8
a.m. PST (11 a.m. EST) today.

Webcast Details

Steve Ballmer, chief executive officer, Chris Liddell, senior vice president
and chief financial officer, Frank Brod, corporate vice president and chief
accounting officer, and Bill Koefoed, general manager of Investor Relations,
will host a conference call and webcast to discuss details of the company's
performance for the quarter and certain forward-looking information. The
session may be accessed at http://www.microsoft.com/msft. The webcast will
be available for replay through the close of business on Jan. 22, 2010.

http://kara.allthingsd.com/20090122/microsoft-earnings-and-revenues-take-a-big-hit-5000-to-be-laid-off/

hmmm... income and EPS are down... but various cola lowlifes have insisted
Microsoft falsified their financial results?

Rex Ballard

Jan 22, 2009, 10:55:00 AM1/22/09
On Jan 22, 9:34 am, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
> REDMOND, Wash. - Jan. 22, 2009 - Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of
> $16.63 billion for the second quarter ended Dec. 31, 2008, a 2% increase
> over the same period of the prior year. Operating income, net income and
> diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $5.94 billion, $4.17 billion
> and $0.47, declines of 8%, 11% and 6%, respectively, compared with the prior
> year.

Simply put, Microsoft is no longer able to self-fund it's revenue
growth. It looks like they are still making 25% profit margins, even
though customers like Dell, HP, Gateway, Acer, and Lenovo have been
suffering substantial losses in the PC market. Gateway has
dissappeared, purchased by Acer after 8 quarters of losses. There was
a brief pop the quarter that Vista came out, but then PC prices
collapsed again.

> Client revenue declined 8% as a result of PC market weakness and a continued
> shift to lower priced netbooks. However, strong annuity licensing drove
> Server & Tools revenue growth of 15%. Entertainment and Devices revenue grew
> 3% driven by strong holiday demand for Xbox 360 consoles with a record 6
> million units sold in the quarter.

Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 migrations. Many corporations made that
upgrade because Windows 2008 had very good support for Virtualization,
using either Microsoft's virtualization, or 3rd party virtualization,
and the virtualization has helped make configurations much easier.

> During the quarter, Microsoft showcased significant new product innovations
> by debuting Windows 7, Windows Azure, Office Web applications, Windows
> Server 2008 R2 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2. Microsoft also
> announced general availability of Silverlight 2, Exchange Online, SharePoint
> Online, Windows Small Business Server 2008, Windows Essential Business
> Server 2008 and a new release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

Windows 7 has also been announced as being at least a year away from
general release. Many of the other "innovations" are attempts to
compete with OSS offerings such as OpenOffice, Google Office, CVS, and
subversion. Silverlight is an imitation of the *nix based system used
by CNN.

> "While we are not immune to the effects of the economy, I am confident in
> the strength of our product portfolio and soundness of our approach," said
> Steve Ballmer, chief executive officer at Microsoft. "We will continue to
> manage expenses and invest in long-term opportunities to deliver value to
> customers and shareholders, and we will emerge an even stronger industry
> leader than we are today."

One of the problems of cutting employees is that every cut impacts the
bottom line. If you cut sales people, that can adversely impact
revenue, because your best people, worried about their jobs, are also
likely to jump ship. If you cut R&D you risk losing your best people
there. If you cut production staff, that results in worse quality.

Microsoft is extremely dependent on their legal department, and
letting the lawyers go could result in leaks or even lawsuits and
cooperative insiders willing to testify against top executives.

Forcing an employee to leave a company costs you their loyalty. If
they leave voluntarily, they will likely do things that help the
company. If you lay them off, they are more likely to become
competitors, or work for your competitors, and use every advantage
they have the company - to the benefit of the competitors.

> In light of the further deterioration of global economic conditions,
> Microsoft announced additional steps to manage costs, including the
> reduction of headcount-related expenses, vendors and contingent staff,
> facilities, capital expenditures and marketing. As part of this plan,
> Microsoft will eliminate up to 5,000 jobs in R&D, marketing, sales, finance,
> legal, HR, and IT over the next 18 months, including 1,400 jobs today. These
> initiatives will reduce the company's annual operating expense run rate by
> approximately $1.5 billion and reduce fiscal year 2009 capital expenditures
> by $700 million.

Put simply, Microsoft could be slitting their own throats.

> Business Outlook

> "Economic activity and IT spend slowed beyond our expectations in the
> quarter, and we acted quickly to reduce our cost structure and mitigate its
> impact," said Chris Liddell, chief financial officer at Microsoft. "We are
> planning for economic uncertainty to continue through the remainder of the
> fiscal year, almost certainly leading to lower revenue and earnings for the
> second half relative to the previous year. In this environment, we will
> focus on outperforming our competitors and addressing our cost structure."

Microsoft may have an even bigger problem. Many contracts are up for
renewal this month, because Microsoft released Vista on January 31,
2007, and the renewals were easy last year, but there is more pressure
from the OEMs. Upgrades has also been less of a market, with OEMs and
businesses less willing to "double-dip" - many are now buying a
license that can be installed as either Vista Business or Home
Premium, and several lines are only being licensed for Vista Ultimate
- in hopes of getting higher prices - so far, not with much success.

Internationally, it has been much more common, especially in EMEA and
Asia, to see "No OS" PCs - and be able to pick up a copy of Linux at
the local magazine stand. The "No OS" PCs sell for about 1/2 the
price of Vista PCs, partly because they don't have Vista, and partly
because they don't need as much memory and hard drive. It's very hard
for Microsoft to claim that Vista is being pirated when the laptops in
question aren't even capable of running Vista.

> Due to the volatility of market conditions going forward, Microsoft is no
> longer able to offer quantitative revenue and EPS guidance for the balance
> of this fiscal year.

Put a bit differently, the OEMs are getting a bit obstinant, unwilling
to pay Microsoft premium prices for Vista while they have to sell
their products at commodity prices - often at a loss. Microsoft may
have to lower prices and relax licensing restrictions to keep OEMs
from cutting quantities completely. ASUS and other motherboard makers
have embedded Linux into the mother-board. If you remove the hard
disk, or install a new disk, the PC will automatically boot into
Linux, and will let you partition the disk as you like. Microsoft may
have to permit OEMs to package Vista or even Windows XP for
virtualization - to run under this Linux kernel, rather than as a
"native mode" installation.

Net-books or sub-notebooks are also having an impact. ASUS and ACER
are finding other outlets for Linux based PCs, including discount
stores like Target, K-mart, Toys-R-Us, Carfour, and thousands of
cellular phone services vendors ranging from small stores to Kiosks.
Many of these retailers don't put either XP or Windows on display, but
will gladly pull out the Linux version and give you a guided tour.
They will even show you the comparison - pointing out that the XP
version only inlcudes Works not a complete office suite, and the Linux
version has dozens of other nice applications. It's a quick high-
profit $300 sale to sell the Linux version. It's a loss to sell the
XP version. Many even point out how similar Linux is to the Mac - in
terms of operating systems. Which people can relate to.

Annuity client support contracts could also deteriorate. CIOs are
under intense pressure to keep costs down, and many are already
switching to transferable and downgradable XP licenses with no
annuity. In effect, it's a rejection of Vista and a first step toward
bringing Linux into the general desktop environment. XP doesn't go
away, it just becomes an application that runs under Linux.

> Microsoft offers operating expense guidance of
> approximately $27.4 billion for the full year ending June 30, 2009. This
> information supercedes the fiscal year 2009 guidance that Microsoft provided
> on Oct. 23, 2008. Management will discuss second-quarter results, and the
> company's qualitative business outlook on a conference call and webcast at 8
> a.m. PST (11 a.m. EST) today.

Fundamentally, the contrast between the Microsoft report and the Apple
Earnings Report yesterday have created a dramatic illustration of how
popular *nix has become and how unpopular Vista has become. News
commentators on CNBC were all in agreement that they hated Vista and
had stuck with XP, and Mark Haynes even gushed about his love for the
Apple.

Worse, the Microsoft announcement telegraphed the collapse of Vista
dependent markets, including Vista based PCs and software written
exclusively for Vista. Windows 7 appears to be much cleaner and
faster, more like Windows 2000 with additional accelerators. If it is
finally shipped that way, it might do well - as an appliance.
Microsoft has already seen a dramatic shift to server virtualization,
and many corporations are already shifting to Desktop virtualization
because it makes desktop management so much easier and more cost-
effective. XP and Windows 2000 are excellent for desktop
virtualization, especially since Linux provides firewall and security
features that limit the damage that can be done to the overall PC.

Microsoft may also offer their own hypervisor - but it will also have
to be ultra-thin and capable of running Linux as efficiently as
Windows, and as effeciently and smoothly as a Linux hypervisor.

chrisv

Jan 22, 2009, 11:29:29 AM1/22/09
Rex Ballard wrote:

>(snip)

Way to feed that troll, Rex.

Doug Mentohl

Jan 22, 2009, 1:04:03 PM1/22/09
chrisv wrote:

> Way to feed that troll, Rex.

Yea, it's not as if there was anyone or anything of interest relevant to
the title of the group that anyone would be bothered responding to ...

chrisv

Jan 22, 2009, 1:11:36 PM1/22/09
Doug Mentohl wrote:

I may have been a bit off, this time. Sorry Rex!

Terry Porter

Jan 22, 2009, 2:23:04 PM1/22/09
chrisv wrote:

I always enjoy reading Rex's posts, they're professionally written
and have excellent insight and analysis into the market place.

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Matt

Jan 22, 2009, 2:30:01 PM1/22/09
DFS wrote:
> REDMOND, Wash. - Jan. 22, 2009 - Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of

> Client revenue declined 8% as a result of PC market weakness and a continued

> shift to lower priced netbooks.

What was the total /number of copies/ of client Windows licensed?

Bigger or smaller than a year ago?

DFS

Jan 22, 2009, 9:53:31 PM1/22/09

Way to contribute nothing at all, like you've been doing for years.

DFS

Jan 22, 2009, 11:52:20 PM1/22/09
Terry Porter wrote:
> chrisv wrote:
>
>> Doug Mentohl wrote:

>>> Yea, it's not as if there was anyone or anything of interest
>>> relevant to the title of the group that anyone would be bothered
>>> responding to ...
>>
>> I may have been a bit off, this time. Sorry Rex!
>
> I always enjoy reading Rex's posts, they're professionally written
> and have excellent insight and analysis into the market place.

How gullible can you be, Porter?

Rex Ballard's posts are long tales of fiction with the occasional grain of
truth. He makes up virtually every number, and many of the "facts" he
posts.

Don Zeigler

Jan 23, 2009, 12:08:47 AM1/23/09
DFS wrote:

> Way to contribute nothing at all, like you've been doing for years.

What do you contribute besides white noise, d00FuS?
--
Evolution is God's way of issuing upgrades.

Regards,
[dmz]

Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

DFS

Jan 23, 2009, 12:32:55 AM1/23/09
Don Zeigler wrote:
> DFS wrote:
>
>> Way to contribute nothing at all, like you've been doing for years.
>
> What do you contribute besides white noise, d00FuS?

Reality.

High Plains Thumper

Jan 23, 2009, 1:08:45 AM1/23/09
DFS wrote:
> Terry Porter wrote:
>> chrisv wrote:

>>> I may have been a bit off, this time. Sorry Rex!
>>
>> I always enjoy reading Rex's posts, they're professionally
>> written and have excellent insight and analysis into the
>> market place.
>
> How gullible can you be, Porter?
>
> Rex[^h^h^hDFS' ...] posts are long tales of fiction with the

> occasional grain of truth. He makes up virtually every
> number, and many of the "facts" he posts.

I have to agree there.

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/dfs-troll.html

[quote]
Traits:

* Racist
* Habitual liar
* Microsoft apologist
[/quote]

--
HPT

Phil Da Lick!

Jan 23, 2009, 5:54:33 AM1/23/09

The only reality you peddle in here is that your ass is bought and paid
for. Your blind devotion to a corporation which would think nothing of
squashing you like a bug is sickening. So you use their products to make
your living. Big deal. That shouldn't mean they own your soul.

William Poaster

Jan 23, 2009, 8:00:01 AM1/23/09
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:54:33 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, Phil Da Lick! was heard to say:

Unless they're paying him to look a fool....

Phil Da Lick!

Jan 23, 2009, 8:12:07 AM1/23/09

Wouldn't surprise me if a few of the dummy brigade were paid to troll here.

chrisv

Jan 23, 2009, 8:41:01 AM1/23/09
Phil Da Lick! wrote:

>The only reality you peddle

Well, it is "reality", that if you google the planet, you will find
some people having issues with Linux and other OSS.

Why keep raving about such an obvious "point", for years", I do not
know. Could you not do the same with Windows?

--
'"more choice to the user" - what a crock of shit.' - "True Linux
advocate" Hadron Quark

Non scrivetemi

Jan 23, 2009, 4:21:59 PM1/23/09
"DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote in message news:cq%dl.320$yb....@bignews4.bellsouth.net...

What a disappointment! Only 5000 jobs lost? That's about a tenth of what I was hoping for.

We'll see better results (job slashings) in a year or two when Linux reigns supreme on Netbooks.

Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!!

DFS

Jan 23, 2009, 10:40:17 PM1/23/09
Non scrivetemi wrote:

> What a disappointment! Only 5000 jobs lost? That's about a tenth of
> what I was hoping for.

Why don't you quit your job and make it 5001? Oh, you're a weasel who only
likes it when MS people lose theirs.

> We'll see better results (job slashings) in a year or two when Linux
> reigns supreme on Netbooks.

blah blah blah... you wacks are really pathetic. Every month, the big
online retailers www.newegg.com and www.amazon.com have fewer and fewer
Linux-based netbooks. Not long after Win7 comes out, I bet it will be very
difficult to find even one netbook with Linux preinstalled.

> Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!!

It's ALREADY already making Linux more irrelevant than ever!!!!

DFS

Jan 23, 2009, 10:52:16 PM1/23/09
Phil Da Lick! wrote:
> DFS wrote:
>> Don Zeigler wrote:

>>> What do you contribute besides white noise, d00FuS?
>>
>> Reality.
>
> The only reality you peddle in here is that your ass is bought and
> paid for.

By who, moron? You silly bois with your 'Microsoft agents disrupt all the
good advocacy on cola' are clueless. MS would have to be stupid to pay
someone to post to this pit of bullshit.

> Your blind devotion to a corporation which would think
> nothing of squashing you like a bug is sickening.

You don't know what you're talking about. I rarely buy anything from MS, or
search out any news about them (except in response to cola idiocy), or have
anything at all to do with them.

> So you use their products to make your living. Big deal.

So do you, HypDaCrite!

> That shouldn't mean they own your soul.

You confuse my smacking down cola liars with selling out to MS.

DFS

Jan 23, 2009, 10:56:53 PM1/23/09
High Plains Thumper wrote:

>> Rex[^h^h^hDFS' ...] posts are long tales of fiction with the
>> occasional grain of truth.

Why are you changing my post, loser?

>> He makes up virtually every
>> number, and many of the "facts" he posts.

Yet you can't find one number I made up, or one fact I made up. Looks like
you're the liar, HPH.

> I have to agree there.
>
> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/dfs-troll.html
>
> [quote]
> Traits:
>
> * Racist
> * Habitual liar
> * Microsoft apologist
> [/quote]

So show me a single lie, fool.

Don Zeigler

Jan 24, 2009, 12:01:41 AM1/24/09
DFS wrote:

> You don't know what you're talking about. I rarely buy anything from MS, or
> search out any news about them (except in response to cola idiocy), or have
> anything at all to do with them.

That's because you spend 23.75 hours a day Googling for Linux problems.

--
Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.

High Plains Thumper

Jan 24, 2009, 12:42:42 AM1/24/09
DFS wrote:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> DFS wrote:

>>> How gullible can you be, Porter?
>>>
>>> Rex[^h^h^hDFS' ...] posts are long tales of fiction with
>>> the occasional grain of truth.
>
> Why are you changing my post, loser?

This is an example of:

[quote]
7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

10. Refuse to admit your errors. Never ever admit your
errors no matter how blatant they are. If you find no way out
and have to admit that you are wrong, phrase it so that you can
accuse your opponent of being wrong.
[/quote]

>>> He makes up virtually every number, and many of the
>>> "facts" he posts.
>
> Yet you can't find one number I made up, or one fact I made
> up. Looks like you're the liar, HPH.

[quote]
7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [continued]

12. Blame your stupidity and lies on your opponent. Blame
your own stupidity on the Linux advocate you are dealing with.
Such as when you have made an unsupportable claim that suggest a
list of details and your are asked to present your non-existent
list reply with, "I don't have to list them for you; you aren't
bright enough to know what you're missing by using X instead of a
real Y, I'm not going to explain it to you." Then hope that
nobody reading the thread realizes that your statement translates
as, "I lack the knowledge or facts needed to counter your
position or your position is too complete and accurate to be
refuted. So, I will say things to sound superior to avoid
admitting you are right."
[/quote]

>> I have to agree there.
>>
>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/dfs-troll.html
>>
>> [quote] Traits:
>>
>> * Racist * Habitual liar * Microsoft apologist [/quote]
>
> So show me a single lie, fool.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/015ecf4ac069c7b8

Rob Schwenk: "The 'Autoplay' function in Vista and early versions
of Windows 7 automatically searches for programs on removable
drives. However, the virus hijacks this process, masquerading as
a folder to be opened. When clicked, the worm installs itself
.... Now that's slopware. The day Linux behaves like this I'll
buy a MAC."

DFS: "The hell you will. The day something similar to that
happens on Linux will be the day you rationalize it away. There
is a security hole in all versions of linux-2.6 distributed by
Debian, including Etch's kernel. The attached exploit code can
be used to test if a kernel is vulnerable, it starts a root shell."

HPT: "[quote] Reported by: William Pitcock [...]
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 01:33:02 UTC
Severity: critical [...]

Found in versions 2.6.18.dfsg.1-17etch1, 2.6.22-3-generic, 2.6.17-1
Fixed in versions 2.6.24-4, 2.6.18.dfsg.1-18etch1, 2.6.22-6.lenny1
Done: Bastian Blank <wa...@debian.org>
Bug is archived. No further changes may be made.
[/quote]

Bug was fixed some time ago."

DFS: "Anders Kaseorg discovered that ndiswrapper did not
correctly handle long ESSIDs. For a system using ndiswrapper, a
physically near-by attacker could generate specially crafted
wireless network traffic and execute arbitrary code with root
privileges. (CVE-2008-4395)"

http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-662-1

HPT: "The bulletin describes the fix, upgrade to a more recent image:

[quote]
The problem can be corrected by upgrading your system to the
following package versions: Ubuntu 8.10:
linux-image-2.6.27-7-generic 2.6.27-7.16
linux-image-2.6.27-7-server 2.6.27-7.16
linux-image-2.6.27-7-virtual 2.6.27-7.16 After a standard system
upgrade you need to reboot your computer to effect the necessary
changes.
[/quote]"

Rob Schwenk: "I can't see that day coming as windows is insecure
by design. Linux is by design far more secure."

DFS: "This is true, but it's not difficult to secure Windows to a
degree that lets you relax and surf safely."

HPT: "If Windows is so secure, then why was this concern created?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/20/win7_autoplay_weakness/

[quote]
Conficker Autoplay ruse gets teeth into Windows 7
VXers still ahead of the game
By John Leyden
Posted in Security, 20th January 2009 13:38 GMT

Social engineering autoplay tricks work on early versions of
Windows 7 as well as Vista, according to tests by security
researchers.

AutoPlay trickery

As well as spreading by exploiting a weeks-old Microsoft
vulnerability, the Conficker (Downadup) worm attempts to spread
across network shares and to infect removable drives, using a
special malformed autorun.inf file.

The use of a clever social engineering ruse means that users
plugging an infected drive (such as a USB drive) into a Windows
Vista machine might well be lulled into the idea they are
clicking on a link that simply opens a folder, rather than
actually running the worm's viral payload.

The same trick, first noticed by researchers at the Internet
Storm Centre on Vista, also works on beta versions of Windows 7,
researchers at F-secure have discovered.
[/quote]"

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati

Snit

Jan 24, 2009, 7:25:41 AM1/24/09
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> stated in post
497aaa54$0$3339$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org on 1/23/09 10:42 PM:

> 10. Refuse to admit your errors. Never ever admit your
> errors no matter how blatant they are. If you find no way out
> and have to admit that you are wrong, phrase it so that you can
> accuse your opponent of being wrong.

You need to find a better philosophy in life! :)

OK, sure, you were not saying that as advice to others, but, well, it does
describe you well.

--
"And so, in no sense, is stability a reason to move to a new version. It零
never a reason." - Bill Gates

William Poaster

Jan 24, 2009, 9:17:42 AM1/24/09
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 05:01:41 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, Don Zeigler was heard to say:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> You don't know what you're talking about. I rarely buy anything from
>> MS, or search out any news about them (except in response to cola
>> idiocy), or have anything at all to do with them.
>
> That's because you spend 23.75 hours a day Googling for Linux problems.

Hmm....DFS says "I rarely buy anything from MS", & yet he uses Windoze
2003.....is he admitting piracy?

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 24, 2009, 9:41:25 AM1/24/09
William Poaster wrote:

Which of the windummies in COLA has *not* simply stolen all their software?
I can't think of anyone
--
Never argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level, then beats
you with experience...

Hadron

Jan 24, 2009, 11:21:37 AM1/24/09
Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> writes:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> You don't know what you're talking about. I rarely buy anything from MS, or
>> search out any news about them (except in response to cola idiocy), or have
>> anything at all to do with them.
>
> That's because you spend 23.75 hours a day Googling for Linux
> problems.

You need some Google lessons if that's how long you need.

It takes 1 second to go to Ubuntu forums and see for yourself. Try
it. And then try helping out instead of being a thorn in the Linux
movement's side.

Don Zeigler

Jan 24, 2009, 10:56:22 PM1/24/09
Hadron wrote:

> You need some Google lessons if that's how long you need.

What I was implying was he spends most of his day looking up
Linux problems. Now fuck off.
--
Circular Definition: see Definition, Circular.

Hadron

Jan 25, 2009, 9:23:10 AM1/25/09
Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> You need some Google lessons if that's how long you need.
>
> What I was implying was he spends most of his day looking up
> Linux problems. Now fuck off.

See previous reply.

It takes about 1 second to get hundreds of CURRENT Linux problems. As it
would Windows issues.

Desktop Linux is riddled with issues.

Don Zeigler

Jan 25, 2009, 9:51:19 AM1/25/09
Hadron wrote:

> Desktop Linux is riddled with issues.

So are you, twat.

Hadron

Jan 26, 2009, 3:05:00 AM1/26/09
Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Desktop Linux is riddled with issues.
>
> So are you, twat.

Add a "t" and so is under your desk no doubt.

Get your eyes checked.

Snit

Jan 26, 2009, 10:47:58 PM1/26/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 497aaa54$0$3339$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org

on 1/23/09 10:42 PM:

> DFS wrote:

How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

[quote]
1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
Linux compared to other operating systems.
[/quote]

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]