[News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 12, 2008, 11:24:29 PM3/12/08
You only know good when you've seen bad...

,----[ Quote ]
| Paula is not an unintelligent woman. She holds a PhD. in her field and a
| famous publication relevant to her profession recently published a paper of
| hers. No, Paula isn't stupid by any measure. Maybe you can help me with the
| descriptors here.
|
| [...]
|
| Sbe was desperate to have us fix her existing Windows machine. She stated
| that she had so many viruses on it that it would rarely boot but when it did,
| it was almost useless. I explained to her that "We don't do Windows" and gave
| her a brief explanation of what we did and how she could benefit.
|
| No sale...she thanked us and hung up.
|
| Then called back two days later.
|
| She wasn't kidding about the viruses. ClamAV reported 163 viruses active and
| we lost count of spyware applications somewhere around 400. It was truly a
| sight to behold. I have never seen viruses fight each other for dominance. I
| booted the live cd while she sat next to me and for 20 minutes, I showed her
| how Linux worked. When I thought she was comfortable with it, I let her have
| the chair.
`----

http://wearenixed.blogspot.com/2008/03/you-only-know-good-when-youve-seen-bad.html

Related:

In zombies we trust

,----[ Quote ]
| A little over a year ago, I wrote an editorial where in back-of-the-envelope
| style (.pdf) I estimated that perhaps 15-30% of all privately owned computers
| were no longer under the sole control of their owner. In the intervening
| months, I received a certain amount of hate mail but in those intervening
| months Vint Cert guessed 20-40%, Microsoft said 2/3rds, and IDC suggested
| 3/4ths. It is thus a conservative risk position to assume that any random
| counterparty stands a fair chance of being already compromised.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=661

Over 50% of corporate desktops infected with malware: IronPort

,----[ Quote ]
| The report also reveals that more than 50% of corporate desktops
| worldwide are infected with some type of spyware with the rate of
| infection as high as 70% in the United States. Trojans or malicious
| system monitors represented over 7% of the infections. Rootkits and
| trick loaders, which reinstall spyware and other obfuscation techniques,
| make remediation very difficult thus prevention is the key to stopping
| these threats.
`----

http://www.crn-india.com/breakingnews/stories/66870.html

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
| Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
| 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
| the BBC reports.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 12, 2008, 11:46:25 PM3/12/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:24:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> You only know good when you've seen bad...

Exactly what most people say after they have tried Linux and gone back to
Windows.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 13, 2008, 12:03:46 AM3/13/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:24:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> You only know good when you've seen bad...
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Paula is not an unintelligent woman. She holds a PhD. in her field and a
>| famous publication relevant to her profession recently published a paper of
>| hers. No, Paula isn't stupid by any measure. Maybe you can help me with the
>| descriptors here.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| Sbe was desperate to have us fix her existing Windows machine. She stated
>| that she had so many viruses on it that it would rarely boot but when it did,
>| it was almost useless. I explained to her that "We don't do Windows" and gave
>| her a brief explanation of what we did and how she could benefit.
>|
>| No sale...she thanked us and hung up.
>|
>| Then called back two days later.
>|
>| She wasn't kidding about the viruses. ClamAV reported 163 viruses active and
>| we lost count of spyware applications somewhere around 400. It was truly a
>| sight to behold. I have never seen viruses fight each other for dominance. I
>| booted the live cd while she sat next to me and for 20 minutes, I showed her
>| how Linux worked. When I thought she was comfortable with it, I let her have
>| the chair.
> `----
>
> http://wearenixed.blogspot.com/2008/03/you-only-know-good-when-youve-seen-bad.html

Once again, Roy, you misrepresent an article. The article is *NOT*
positive about linux, and in fact contains good examples of bad advocacy.

1) The vendor assured his client that Linux was immune to viruses, but lo
and behold the customer got those viruses anyways running under Wine.

2) The vendor sold the system as simple and easy to use, but he got calls
within hours because the customer had fucked up their system, then refused
to help them with their problem (basically an RTFM response).

3) The customers only resort was to go out and buy a new computer, and when
she fucked that up (based on the vendors statements to the customer that
antivirus software was evil) he wants nothing to do with her.

The title of the article might be "Viruses drive customer to Linux, but
complexity and vendor arrogance drive them back to windows."

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 13, 2008, 12:07:40 AM3/13/08

And what do you expect form Schestowitz?
Like I said, decent articles like his Datamation one don't generate hits.

Deceptive ones like this generate hits and thus income for Schestowitz.

The guy is obviously a liar and it amazes me how the drones in COLA still
support him, literally.

Stevie_Ballmer

Mar 13, 2008, 3:37:49 AM3/13/08
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

Ca...Ching!
--
Micros~1 Accounting Department - 1 Payment Made:
Our records indicate that you've carried out your assigned mission. Your

News Alert: Area man finally discovers blogging...
http://tinyurl.com/2qeo3z

Stevie_Ballmer

Mar 13, 2008, 3:38:30 AM3/13/08
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:24:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> You only know good when you've seen bad...
>
> Exactly what most people say after they have tried Linux and gone back to
> Windows.

ml2mst

Mar 13, 2008, 6:35:38 AM3/13/08
Stevie_Ballmer schreef:

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:24:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> You only know good when you've seen bad...
>> Exactly what most people say after they have tried Linux and gone back to
>> Windows.

Of course they do, most people only have an IQ of 100. Obviously
GNU/Linux requires some more intelligence.

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

Hadron

Mar 13, 2008, 6:47:19 AM3/13/08
Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> writes:

Yup. Listen to the arrogant prick:

,----
| she called me a bit after 9 pm. Long story short, she decided to go 733t
| on me and hack her xorg file. While I was glad she got over her fear of
| the command line, I wasn't particularly happy with the fact that she
| hadn't backed up her original xorg.conf.
`----

As I pointed out ages ago, the web holds far too many disjoint "how
tos". And people WILL misuse them. God knows I did when learning the
Linux ropes.

Got to love his attitude. On one had "RTFM" on the other its "No! RTFOM"
wher "O" stands for "Other".

Typical "advocates".

Sinister Midget

Mar 13, 2008, 8:05:57 AM3/13/08
On 2008-03-13, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:

And /you/ needed to spread FUD, so /you/ mischaracterized what
happened.

I don't see where he told her linux can't get virusrs. I /did/ see
where he didn't believe her at first.

Where did you find that he told her it was "easy to use"? It is for
people with more sense than a brick, but I don't see where you found
that he told her that.

/SHE/ farted with her xorg.conf without a backup:

she called me a bit after 9 pm. Long story short, she decided to go
733t on me and hack her xorg file. While I was glad she got over her
fear of the command line, I wasn't particularly happy with the fact
that she hadn't backed up her original xorg.conf.

And yes...we provide explicit instructions on how to do so and the
importance of doing so.

Instructions she decided to ignore.

How is it complex when you ignore what you're told? I think you should
also call Windwoes "complex" because she had all of the viruses and
various bits of spyware on her Windoze box after the years and years of
being told to be careful about what you click on.

/SHE/ destroyed her backup:

"I want you to insert that disk I gave you...your back up disk. When
it boots we are going to copy over..."

"I don't have that disk anymore."

"What do you mean? Did you lose it?"

She was quiet for about two seconds longer than I was comfortable
with. I knew by the lapse that it was bad news.

It was.

"well, my boyfriend needed a copy of my music files and my thumb
drive isn't working so I thought I could use the space on that disk
to copy them over. Now all there is on the disk is that music. I
didn't know it would erase the other stuff."

To add insult to injury, she's such a dolt that this happened, and she
begged to be rescued:

.....so she just went through all her files and anything that remotely
sounded like "Mcaffee" or "Norton" was deleted.

She complained that now it wouldn't boot...not even in safe mode and
would I mind coming over with another Linux disk and fix it.

Of course, you wanted to blame /that/ on linux, too. Or on the guy
installing linux, for rightly telling her Norton is crap. But how did
you put it? Oh, like this:

> 3) The customers only resort was to go out and buy a new computer, and when
> she fucked that up (based on the vendors statements to the customer that
> antivirus software was evil) he wants nothing to do with her.

Both wrong information (the computer wasn't replaced because she
"fucked that up" and, he never told her "antivirus was evil", but that
Norton was awful) and a mischaracterization of what the article
actually says.

Typical of you. Such rabid, knee-jerk anti-Roysim flows through your
veins that you can't even be bothered read through your red-tinged
anger and avoid making an ass of yourself every time he posts anything
that you/your masters deem threatening. You can't make yourself avoid
lying when trying to accuse Roy of lying by a simple reading of what's
there.

I don't know if you do these because you expect nobody else will read
it for themselves. But I've come to expect that we need to parse every
word and check every statement you make because they're so often filled
with lies and inaccuracy that every syllable is suspect until jibed
with facts.

I don't understand how you can be so willing to make yourself such a
reviled fool. Unless you're paid by quantity rather than quality.

I don't know for certain what you're getting out of all of this. But I
sure hope whomever is supposed to be benefiting remembers how it was
money wasted when the FUD-fest is all over and the people they're
sitting next to some big, sweaty, greasy "boyfriend" in lockup.

Well, *one* of those guys might not mind the "sweaty" part.

--
The current death rate? One per person, of course.

DFS

Mar 13, 2008, 9:34:06 AM3/13/08
Sinister Midget wrote:

> I don't know if you do these because you expect nobody else will read
> it for themselves. But I've come to expect that we need to parse every
> word and check every statement you make because they're so often
> filled with lies and inaccuracy that every syllable is suspect until
> jibed with facts.

LMAO! You're owned, Gidget.

Talk about red-tinged anger. Funkenbusch makes mincemeat of you lying cola
orangutans every time he posts.

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 13, 2008, 9:04:15 AM3/13/08
____/ ml2mst on Thursday 13 March 2008 10:35 : \____

> Stevie_Ballmer schreef:
>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

>>> Exactly what most people say after they have tried Linux and gone back to
>>> Windows.
>>>

> Of course they do, most people only have an IQ of 100. Obviously
> GNU/Linux requires some more intelligence.

Probably less unless you are used to certain workflow, applications, and habits
in Windows.

>> Ca...Ching!

Indeed. All those Microsoft shills are beginning to be exposed. Elsewhere, it
turns out that Stephen Walli still has Microsoft as its client while he
infiltrates FOSS companies. Me and another person sort of interrogated him.
Microsoft uses 'covert ops' tactics on the face of it. It just can't leave its
#1 rival alone to work without harassment.

--
~~ Best of wishes

"We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
technically more."
--Jim Allchin, Microsoft
13:00:01 up 48 days, 22:54, 7 users, load average: 0.45, 0.54, 0.99

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 13, 2008, 11:58:25 AM3/13/08

Yea.
Erik and Alexander along with Tim Smith as the DH are destroying the COLA
nuts.

One nut at a time.

I can only imagine the IM's going back and forth between Roy, Mark and crew
attempting to regroup and flood the place with FUD after Mark Kent's
outing.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 13, 2008, 12:09:00 PM3/13/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:04:15 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Indeed. All those Microsoft shills are beginning to be exposed.

You can say that again Roy Schestowitz.

First we have you getting caught trolling on multiple ISP's
Then we have you Roy Schestowitz admitting you are sponging off Mark Kent's
ISP connections.

Then we have Mark Kent, the rabid anti patent, person being exposed for
doing the exact opposite and in fact a Microsoft partner during his day
job.

So yes, you Microsoft shills *ARE* being exposed.

It's sure starting to look like you guys have been working as reverse
trolls to make real Linux advocates look like idiots.

Chris S.

Mar 13, 2008, 12:25:21 PM3/13/08
Oh and by the way Roy's web page is to be avoided!
He has imbedded "HTML/IFRAMEREF GEN" in it.
An extremely malicious Trojan!

Geese!

Chris

"Moshe Goldfarb" <brick....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 13, 2008, 12:39:42 PM3/13/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:25:21 -0400, Chris S. wrote:

> Oh and by the way Roy's web page is to be avoided!
> He has imbedded "HTML/IFRAMEREF GEN" in it.
> An extremely malicious Trojan!
>
> Geese!
>
> Chris

You mean this one:

www.schestowitz.com ?

or

www.boycottnovel.com ?

This seems to have been reported by others as well:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d7057dc9e9db2135

This comes as no surprise at all.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 13, 2008, 12:41:27 PM3/13/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:05:57 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

> On 2008-03-13, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:
>> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:24:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>> http://wearenixed.blogspot.com/2008/03/you-only-know-good-when-youve-seen-bad.html
>>
>> Once again, Roy, you misrepresent an article. The article is *NOT*
>> positive about linux, and in fact contains good examples of bad advocacy.
>>
>> 1) The vendor assured his client that Linux was immune to viruses, but lo
>> and behold the customer got those viruses anyways running under Wine.
>>
>> 2) The vendor sold the system as simple and easy to use, but he got calls
>> within hours because the customer had fucked up their system, then refused
>> to help them with their problem (basically an RTFM response).
>>
>> 3) The customers only resort was to go out and buy a new computer, and when
>> she fucked that up (based on the vendors statements to the customer that
>> antivirus software was evil) he wants nothing to do with her.
>>
>> The title of the article might be "Viruses drive customer to Linux, but
>> complexity and vendor arrogance drive them back to windows."
>
> And /you/ needed to spread FUD, so /you/ mischaracterized what
> happened.
>
> I don't see where he told her linux can't get virusrs. I /did/ see
> where he didn't believe her at first.

From the article:

"I've got another virus. I thought you told me I couldn't get a virus".

Now, what were you saying?

> Where did you find that he told her it was "easy to use"? It is for
> people with more sense than a brick, but I don't see where you found
> that he told her that.

I inferred that, given the "can't get viruses" pitch, otherwise she would
be unlikely to bit if he told her she'd have steep learning curve.

> /SHE/ farted with her xorg.conf without a backup:

Perhaps, but this is not something that typically happens with Windows,
which she was used to. If you changed your resolution, and it didn't work,
it would default back to the last setting. This is jus one of the many
ways that Linux fails the end user. Yes, there are dozens of X GUI config
tools, but none of them are standard, and all of them use different
interfaces to do (essentially) the same easy 60% of the configuration work
possible, and in my experience, these apps are usually poorquality,
crashing when they find anything out of place.

> How is it complex when you ignore what you're told? I think you should
> also call Windwoes "complex" because she had all of the viruses and
> various bits of spyware on her Windoze box after the years and years of
> being told to be careful about what you click on.

The point was the he sold her Linux as a solution to her problems.
Clearly, it wasn't.

> /SHE/ destroyed her backup:

Why would she think that copying extra files to a disk would destroy it?
Unless you know how CD-R and DVD-R's work, that's not logical.

> To add insult to injury, she's such a dolt that this happened, and she
> begged to be rescued:

She's the customer. That's how he makes his living. He sold her the
solution, he has the obligation to see it through. That's another problem
that people that push Linux on others often create. Convince them to go
through the pain and cost of a migration, then fail to support them when
things go wrong.

They can't just take it to Best Buy to get it fixed, most techs won't have
any idea how to fix it. So the person that convinced them holds the
responsibility of either solving their problems, or finding someone for
them to do it.

> Of course, you wanted to blame /that/ on linux, too. Or on the guy
> installing linux, for rightly telling her Norton is crap. But how did
> you put it? Oh, like this:
>
>> 3) The customers only resort was to go out and buy a new computer, and when
>> she fucked that up (based on the vendors statements to the customer that
>> antivirus software was evil) he wants nothing to do with her.
>
> Both wrong information (the computer wasn't replaced because she
> "fucked that up"

You still have reading comprehension problems. I said, her only resort was
to replace the computer, *AND WHEN* she "fucked that up", not because she
"fucked that up".

In other words, if you could actually read, you'd realize that I wasn't
saying it was replaced because she fucked up the new computer. That makes
no logical sense.

> and, he never told her "antivirus was evil", but that
> Norton was awful) and a mischaracterization of what the article
> actually says.

To an end user, they know classes of programs by the names of common ones.
So, for a typical end users all antivirus is "their norton", all OS's are
"their microsoft", etc.. So when a tech tells them Norton is evil, he's
saying to her "antivirus is evil", or rather his exact words where "the
Antichrist"

Of course if you had any real experience supporting end users, you'd
understand this sort of thing.

> Typical of you. Such rabid, knee-jerk anti-Roysim flows through your
> veins that you can't even be bothered read through your red-tinged
> anger and avoid making an ass of yourself every time he posts anything
> that you/your masters deem threatening. You can't make yourself avoid
> lying when trying to accuse Roy of lying by a simple reading of what's
> there.

Roy *DID* in fact misrepresnt the article as a user switching to Linux, but
failed to mention that she became frustrated enough with it, and the lack
of support she recieved that she bought a new computer with Windows.

Chris S.

Mar 13, 2008, 12:47:09 PM3/13/08

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:25:21 -0400, Chris S. wrote:
>
>> Oh and by the way Roy's web page is to be avoided!
>> He has imbedded "HTML/IFRAMEREF GEN" in it.
>> An extremely malicious Trojan!
>>
>> Geese!
>>
>> Chris
>
> You mean this one:
>
> www.schestowitz.com ?

Yep! Yhat one!

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 13, 2008, 12:59:43 PM3/13/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:41:27 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> Roy *DID* in fact misrepresnt the article as a user switching to Linux, but
> failed to mention that she became frustrated enough with it, and the lack
> of support she recieved that she bought a new computer with Windows.

Notice how the Linux advocates get caught up in dissecting words and
somehow manage to miss the entire point of the post?

It's either done out of ignorance or on purpose.
I suspect the latter.

nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu

Mar 13, 2008, 1:48:57 PM3/13/08
On Mar 12, 8:24 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com>
wrote:

> You only know good when you've seen bad...
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Paula is not an unintelligent woman. She holds a PhD. in her field and a
> | famous publication relevant to her profession recently published a paper of
> | hers. No, Paula isn't stupid by any measure. Maybe you can help me with the
> | descriptors here.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Sbe was desperate to have us fix her existing Windows machine. She stated
> | that she had so many viruses on it that it would rarely boot but when it did,
> | it was almost useless. I explained to her that "We don't do Windows" and gave
> | her a brief explanation of what we did and how she could benefit.
> |
> | No sale...she thanked us and hung up.
> |
> | Then called back two days later.
> |
> | She wasn't kidding about the viruses. ClamAV reported 163 viruses active and
> | we lost count of spyware applications somewhere around 400. It was truly a
> | sight to behold. I have never seen viruses fight each other for dominance. I
> | booted the live cd while she sat next to me and for 20 minutes, I showed her
> | how Linux worked. When I thought she was comfortable with it, I let her have
> | the chair.
> `----

Fascinating story. I didn't know that Windows apps running under Wine
could pick up viruses, but it makes sense. Is the same true for
Windows apps running under OS/X? Eric makes it sound like it's a
Linux problem, not a Windows problem. If it happens under OS/X, too,
then that's obviously an OS/X problem. Obviously. Never mind that
Linux and OS/X never get viruses when they *don't* run Windows apps.
As for Paula screwing up her xorg.conf file from the command line, I
don't know what could be done about that except not to teach her how
to use the command line. She could have done something similar under
OS/X, or she could have erased her registry in Windows. Then her
boyfriend buys her Vista. Given that he wanted to spend a lot of
money on her, he should have bought a Mac, seeing as how the Vista
machine also got viruses in short order. You know Linonut has some
interesting quotes. The one I'm thinking about now is, how did the
fool ever get his/her money in the first place?

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 13, 2008, 2:07:26 PM3/13/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:48:57 -0700 (PDT), nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu
wrote:

> Eric makes it sound like it's a Linux problem, not a Windows problem.

No, I make it sound like it's a person pushing Linux on users with false
claims and failing to adequately train and support them problem.

> If it happens under OS/X, too,
> then that's obviously an OS/X problem. Obviously. Never mind that
> Linux and OS/X never get viruses when they *don't* run Windows apps.

Do you really think the end user will make that distinction when they're
told "Linux can't get viruses"?

> As for Paula screwing up her xorg.conf file from the command line, I
> don't know what could be done about that except not to teach her how
> to use the command line. She could have done something similar under
> OS/X, or she could have erased her registry in Windows. Then her
> boyfriend buys her Vista. Given that he wanted to spend a lot of
> money on her, he should have bought a Mac, seeing as how the Vista
> machine also got viruses in short order.

The Vista machine did not get viruses in short order, she destroyed it by
deleting files required to boot.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 13, 2008, 2:17:51 PM3/13/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:07:26 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> The Vista machine did not get viruses in short order, she destroyed it by
> deleting files required to boot.

I wonder if she is related to Kelsey?
Sounds like they might be sisters.

Linonut

Mar 13, 2008, 2:25:48 PM3/13/08
* Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:

> "Moshe Goldfarb" <brick....@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:25:21 -0400, Chris S. wrote:
>>
>>> Oh and by the way Roy's web page is to be avoided!
>>> He has imbedded "HTML/IFRAMEREF GEN" in it.
>>> An extremely malicious Trojan!
>>

>> You mean this one:
>>
>> www.schestowitz.com ?
>
> Yep! Yhat one!

Where? I cannot find IFRAMEREF in the main page. What page is it on?

Did you put something on his pages?

--
We've got to put a lot of money into changing behavior.
-- Bill Gates

Chris S.

Mar 13, 2008, 5:27:10 PM3/13/08

"Linonut" <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote in message

>* Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> "Moshe Goldfarb" <brick....@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> You mean this one:
>>>
>>> www.schestowitz.com ?
>>
>> Yep! Yhat one!
>
> Where? I cannot find IFRAMEREF in the main page. What page is it on?
>
> Did you put something on his pages?

It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code. Just opening the
main
page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and "cleaned" it. Your Milage may
Vary.

Chris

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 13, 2008, 6:12:53 PM3/13/08
____/ Chris S. on Thursday 13 March 2008 21:27 : \____

This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
does. This will be resolved by the weekend.

Thanks for the headsup, Chris.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
22:05:04 up 49 days, 7:59, 7 users, load average: 3.43, 2.08, 1.81

Linonut

Mar 13, 2008, 6:53:21 PM3/13/08
* Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:

> "Linonut" <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote in message
>>* Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> "Moshe Goldfarb" <brick....@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yep! Yhat one!
>>
>> Where? I cannot find IFRAMEREF in the main page. What page is it on?
>>
>> Did you put something on his pages?
>
> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code.

Sure it is, sure it is. Yeah, it is invisible when you "view page
source", uh huh.

> Just opening the main page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and
> "cleaned" it. Your Milage may Vary.

--
Unfortunately, many programs are so big that there is no one individual who
really knows all the pieces, and so the amount of code sharing you get isn't

Linonut

Mar 13, 2008, 6:54:39 PM3/13/08

> ____/ Chris S. on Thursday 13 March 2008 21:27 : \____
>

>>> Did you put something on his pages?
>>
>> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code. Just opening the
>> main page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and "cleaned" it. Your
>> Milage may Vary.
>
> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
>
> Thanks for the headsup, Chris.

Well, good, at least /he/ wasn't the one doing the damage.

I think.

--
Well, it seems to me that he did have an education to get there. It happened to
be mine, not his. -- Gary Kildall on the selection of Gates to give the

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 13, 2008, 7:15:13 PM3/13/08
____/ Linonut on Thursday 13 March 2008 22:54 : \____

>> ____/ Chris S. on Thursday 13 March 2008 21:27 : \____

>>> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code. Just opening the
>>> main page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and "cleaned" it. Your
>>> Milage may Vary.
>>
>> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
>> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of
>> running
>> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
>> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
>> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
>> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
>>
>> Thanks for the headsup, Chris.
>
> Well, good, at least /he/ wasn't the one doing the damage.
>
> I think.

The main page is not affected, but some others still have the <iframe> crapola
injected. The script kiddies who were messing up with phpBB seem to have come
from Italy (I'd have to look at the logs more carefully). I really should have
just patched phpBB... haven't done this _for years_. Complacency is dumb.

Well, there's always the first time to learn from. And phpBB is rather
notorious, especially version 2 which sees many patches released.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | What is all that lipstick in XP's close button?
Swap: 1510068k total, 712700k used, 797368k free, 71164k cached

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 13, 2008, 10:06:56 PM3/13/08

You were told your page did funny things months ago Roy Schestowitz but of
course your arrogance and refusal to believe that fact has prevented you
from fixing it.

So once again, Roy Schestowitz gets taken down a couple of notches.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 13, 2008, 10:08:10 PM3/13/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:53:21 -0400, Linonut wrote:

> * Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> "Linonut" <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote in message
>>>* Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> Where? I cannot find IFRAMEREF in the main page. What page is it on?
>>>
>>> Did you put something on his pages?
>>
>> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code.
>
> Sure it is, sure it is. Yeah, it is invisible when you "view page
> source", uh huh.

Open mouth insert foot Linonut.........
I think you owe Chris an apology.

Hadron

Mar 13, 2008, 11:08:08 PM3/13/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> writes:

Roy's Linux website got hacked?

This is too funny for words.

Hadron

Mar 13, 2008, 11:13:22 PM3/13/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:53:21 -0400, Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> "Linonut" <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote in message

>>> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code.
>>
>> Sure it is, sure it is. Yeah, it is invisible when you "view page
>> source", uh huh.
>
> Open mouth insert foot Linonut.........
> I think you owe Chris an apology.

Liarnut is a proven Liar. Isn't this YET another example of him talking
through his arse to shill or support Roy or one of his seven dwarves?

Think about it. I know you think I am overly hard on Liarnut, but I
noticed a specific pattern in his posting. He plays the "genial maverick
developer" role but time after time after time posts replies with out and
out lies (not mistakes) in order to cover up for one his COLA
"advocates". He googles up snippets and posts them without checking for
technical accuracy. Time and time again. I found it very illuminating
to see Jorge Schilling laugh in his face - clearly their paths had
crossed before too.

Sorry, but the "sensible" Linonut was taken by the body snatchers a year
or so ago. Now we have Liarnut, the cheap Taiwanese copy instead.

ml2mst

Mar 14, 2008, 6:50:53 AM3/14/08
Roy Schestowitz schreef:

> ____/ ml2mst on Thursday 13 March 2008 10:35 : \____
>
>> Stevie_Ballmer schreef:

>> Of course they do, most people only have an IQ of 100. Obviously
>> GNU/Linux requires some more intelligence.
>
> Probably less unless you are used to certain workflow, applications, and habits
> in Windows.

Yup, and the problem is that they are used to their bad habits. Last
week a new Ubuntu user was complaining to me about sudo and asking me if
there was a way, he could switch "this annoying continually asking for a
password" off.

He wanted to logon as "root" all the time and thus I told him, this was
a bad Idea and try to explain the consequences.

He finally got mad at me and told me that "Linux sucks". Now why should
I waste my time on a person like that. I told him, I will refuse in the
future to maintain (reinstall) Windows again if it gets loaded with
mallware.

I simply won't waste my time any longer with this crap.

If he prefers to keep on using Windows, that that's his choice, which I
have to respect of course. This however means, he will also have to
maintain his crapware in the future all by himself.

>>> Ca...Ching!
>
> Indeed. All those Microsoft shills are beginning to be exposed. Elsewhere, it
> turns out that Stephen Walli still has Microsoft as its client while he
> infiltrates FOSS companies. Me and another person sort of interrogated him.
> Microsoft uses 'covert ops' tactics on the face of it. It just can't leave its
> #1 rival alone to work without harassment.

I found it astonishing how you exposed Albert van Zomeren, recently on
Boycott Novell. The fuckwit had _at least_ *15 accounts* on the Dutch
website http://www.webwereld.nl which he abused to mod down every "Anti
Microsoft" post.

Last week I temporary released Hadron Quark from the bit bucket and came
to the conclusion that *all Microsoft astroturfers* post their rubbish
24/7 and these characters have the nerve to call "us" zealots.

Albert has been insulting me for ages on the Webwereld site, simply
because I have a strong opinion of Microsoft. He defends Microsoft and
their _not so open_ "standards" as if his life depends on it.

A couple of weeks another Webwereld user exposed him and there is no
doubt, that he is a Microsoft funded astroturfer. Thanks to your recent
comment to a post on Boycott Novell, we are aware of _what_ Albert
actually is.

Also Clogwog, recently attacked me on http://www.security.nl and got
busted by fellow users. He recently posted some made up story in COLA
that I had to apologize to SirDice, who is a long term "online friend"
of mine. The reason I apologized to SirDice, is that he wrote something
stupid, he wrote as an answer to a poll "What do you wish for 2008?", "I
hope Linux will be loaded with mallware". And I reacted with very strong
words. I apologized because of my strong words and because I like the
guy, not (like the Anonymous dizum coward, wants to make us believe) "I
had to apologize". Funny enough Clogwog got busted by nobody less but
SirDice.

Sooner or later, all the Microsoft shills, will get confronted with
their own idiocy and smear campaigns.

Cheers

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 14, 2008, 9:47:36 AM3/14/08
____/ ml2mst on Friday 14 March 2008 10:50 : \____

Strange. I hardly ever do anything which requires admin password. Maybe it's
different when the machine is set up initially and you add some software you
like. The last time I entered admin password was... errr... maybe a week ago,
at home.

>> Indeed. All those Microsoft shills are beginning to be exposed. Elsewhere,
>> it turns out that Stephen Walli still has Microsoft as its client while he
>> infiltrates FOSS companies. Me and another person sort of interrogated him.
>> Microsoft uses 'covert ops' tactics on the face of it. It just can't leave
>> its
>> #1 rival alone to work without harassment.
>>

> I found it astonishing how you exposed Albert van Zomeren, recently on
> Boycott Novell. The fuckwit had _at least_ *15 accounts* on the Dutch
> website http://www.webwereld.nl which he abused to mod down every "Anti
> Microsoft" post.

Albert van Zomeren? Doesn't ring a bell. Who mentioned him and where? I know
many other 'covert ops' and I get flak for telling journalists to stop citing
them. Yesterday it was Dan Lyons, who managed to invade a FOSS show, get his
gay-Linux comparisons propagated onto blogs, and get a keynote in an Eclipse
conference, IIRC. And that's the Microsoft shill who fought for SCO, mind you,
called Linux users freetards, ridiculed them endlessly and also shut down
the "Show us the code" site, on behalf of Microsoft probably.

> Last week I temporary released Hadron Quark from the bit bucket and came
> to the conclusion that *all Microsoft astroturfers* post their rubbish
> 24/7 and these characters have the nerve to call "us" zealots.

When COLA trolls are not in COLA, they keep busy elsewhere, under various
different nyms.

> Albert has been insulting me for ages on the Webwereld site, simply
> because I have a strong opinion of Microsoft. He defends Microsoft and
> their _not so open_ "standards" as if his life depends on it.

Follow his money and affiliation. Remember what Microsoft says
about "evangelism is war" and "Jihad". There should really be stronger laws
against this.

See:

How to Get Your Platform Accepted as a Standard - Microsoft Style

,----[ Quote ]
| In the section of an internal manual on effective evangelism, written in 1997
| by James Plamondon, Technical Evangelist, he lays out an elaborate series of
| steps to get Microsoft's platforms accepted as de facto standards. Among the
| steps lists are working behind the scenes with supposedly independent but
| actually pliable and supportive analysts and consultants.
`----

Fake bloggers soon to be 'named and shamed'

,----[ Quote ]
| From December 31, when the change becomes law in the UK, they
| can be named and shamed by trading standards or taken to court.
`----

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article1361968.ece

A Wake-Up Call to Microsoft's PR Team

,----[ Quote ]
| In 1998, the Los Angeles Times reported that Microsoft, during its
| antitrust trials, hired PR companies to flood newspapers with fake
| letters of support, bearing ordinary individuals' names but actually
| written by Microsoft PR staff.
|
| Later, during the antitrust trials, Microsoft attempted to prove
| the inseparability of Windows and Internet Explorer by playing a
| video for the judge. But the government?s lawyer noticed that as
| the tape rolled on, the number of icons on the desktop kept
| changing. Microsoft had spliced together footage from different
| computers to make its point.
|
| Then in 2002, Microsoft's Web site featured a testimonial called
| "Confessions of a Mac to PC Convert," a first-person account by
| an attractive brunette "freelance writer" about how she had fallen
| in love with Windows XP.
|
| Unfortunately, a Slashdot member discovered that the identical
| photo was available for rent from the stock-photo libraries of
| GettyImages.com. Sure enough: Microsoft had hired a PR firm to
| write the testimonial. The "switcher" did not actually exist.
`----

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/25/a-wake-up-call-to-microsofts-pr-team/

Is this Advertising Agency Hiring Comment Spammers?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2007/02/03/is-this-advertising-agency-hiring-comment-spammers

A Wake-Up Call to Microsoft's PR Team

,----[ Quote ]
| In 1998, the Los Angeles Times reported that Microsoft, during its
| antitrust trials, hired PR companies to flood newspapers with fake
| letters of support, bearing ordinary individuals' names but actually
| written by Microsoft PR staff.
|
| Later, during the antitrust trials, Microsoft attempted to prove
| the inseparability of Windows and Internet Explorer by playing a
| video for the judge. But the government?s lawyer noticed that as
| the tape rolled on, the number of icons on the desktop kept
| changing. Microsoft had spliced together footage from different
| computers to make its point.
|
| Then in 2002, Microsoft's Web site featured a testimonial called
| "Confessions of a Mac to PC Convert," a first-person account by
| an attractive brunette "freelance writer" about how she had fallen
| in love with Windows XP.
|
| Unfortunately, a Slashdot member discovered that the identical
| photo was available for rent from the stock-photo libraries of
| GettyImages.com. Sure enough: Microsoft had hired a PR firm to
| write the testimonial. The "switcher" did not actually exist.
`----

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/25/a-wake-up-call-to-microsofts-pr-team/

Kroes' Commission targets fake reviews (Microsoft is guilty), but not comment
and blog astroturfing from Microsoft, of which there is plenty. Remember, it's
Microsoft "Jihad". It knows no rules or boundaries.

> A couple of weeks another Webwereld user exposed him and there is no
> doubt, that he is a Microsoft funded astroturfer. Thanks to your recent
> comment to a post on Boycott Novell, we are aware of _what_ Albert
> actually is.

This requires new laws. What's most sickening is the intimidation and smear
campaigns from Microsoft's filthy agents. Jokingly, someone who saw them in
Slashdot for years told me that Microsoft must be hiring people who are at
prison, whose strong language is intended to bring you down to their level
(again, jokingly).

> Also Clogwog, recently attacked me on http://www.security.nl and got
> busted by fellow users. He recently posted some made up story in COLA
> that I had to apologize to SirDice, who is a long term "online friend"
> of mine. The reason I apologized to SirDice, is that he wrote something
> stupid, he wrote as an answer to a poll "What do you wish for 2008?", "I
> hope Linux will be loaded with mallware". And I reacted with very strong
> words. I apologized because of my strong words and because I like the
> guy, not (like the Anonymous dizum coward, wants to make us believe) "I
> had to apologize". Funny enough Clogwog got busted by nobody less but
> SirDice.
>
> Sooner or later, all the Microsoft shills, will get confronted with
> their own idiocy and smear campaigns.

When Microsoft gets Enroned and the shelves get digged a little deeper, more
secrets will be exposed. Microsoft grew in (and thrives in) crime. It's too
blind to see this. It believes it does the world a favour, like a robber
baron... or GW Bush.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Microsoft's Counter-Supportive Evangelist (MCSE)

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 14, 2008, 11:41:48 AM3/14/08

It sure did.
And if you google, you will find that he was warned, several times in fact
that his site would do funny things after you visited it.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 14, 2008, 11:42:56 AM3/14/08

The pods got him for sure.

Maybe he visted Roy Schestowitz's Trojan infected web site and caught some
kind of a bug?

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 14, 2008, 11:45:49 AM3/14/08
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:47:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Strange. I hardly ever do anything which requires admin password. Maybe it's
> different when the machine is set up initially and you add some software you
> like. The last time I entered admin password was... errr... maybe a week ago,
> at home.

You're a fsckn security risk Roy Schestowitz.

Don't they teach you anything useful in that Univeristy you seem to live
at?

Maybe if you actually attended classes instead of SPAMMING 24x7 you might
learn something.

> When Microsoft gets Enroned and the shelves get digged a little deeper, more
> secrets will be exposed. Microsoft grew in (and thrives in) crime. It's too
> blind to see this. It believes it does the world a favour, like a robber
> baron... or GW Bush.

Your tinfoil hat needs some adjusting Roy Schestowitz.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 14, 2008, 12:47:51 PM3/14/08
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code. Just opening the
>> main
>> page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and "cleaned" it. Your Milage may
>> Vary.
>
> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
>
> Thanks for the headsup, Chris.

So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
always accuses Microsoft software of being.

That's priceless.

Hadron

Mar 14, 2008, 1:01:26 PM3/14/08
Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> writes:

Quite unbelievable. He has been told countless times that all SW has
bugs . But not, according to Roy, his precious Linux.

Hey! Maybe its being targeted more now that MS is collapsing and Linux
is approaching 70% of the Desktop ? ROTLM!

I almost feel sorry for the poor litle shill. Maybe Mark Kent can buy
him a new server with some of his Mickeysoft "shill" Money?

Linonut

Mar 14, 2008, 1:05:59 PM3/14/08
* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
>> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
>> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
>> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
>> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
>> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
>

> So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
> always accuses Microsoft software of being.
>
> That's priceless.

Only if you don't like Roy.

--
When we have the information highway, I'll put it [information about
himself] out there. Everybody who wants to pay, I don't know, one cent, can

Hadron

Mar 14, 2008, 1:15:18 PM3/14/08
Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
>>> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
>>> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
>>> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
>>> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
>>> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
>>
>> So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
>> always accuses Microsoft software of being.
>>
>> That's priceless.
>
> Only if you don't like Roy.

No. It's priceless because he spends his entire time telling us how crap
MS servers are.

--
Spamming COLA for years : shillgeld.
Signing on while at Uni : a few quid.

http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/Schestowitz.com.jpg

[H]omer

Mar 14, 2008, 1:34:51 PM3/14/08
Sinister Midget wrote:

> I don't understand how you can be so willing to make yourself such a
> reviled fool. Unless you're paid by quantity rather than quality.

Fuddie is definitely getting worse, by quite a margin. Indeed, AFAICS
/all/ the Trolls seem to be bitching like schoolgirls ATM. The Vole must
be in deep pain for its minions to be acting with such desperation.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
`----

17:34:35 up 84 days, 15:10, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

chrisv

Mar 14, 2008, 3:38:57 PM3/14/08
Linonut wrote:

>* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>

>> That's priceless.
>
>Only if you don't like Roy.

Well, when you get your ass handed to you as often as Fuddie does, any
little "victory" is something to be savored.

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 14, 2008, 7:56:34 PM3/14/08
____/ Linonut on Friday 14 March 2008 17:05 : \____

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
>>> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of
>>> running
>>> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill
>>> working with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck
>>> in extra markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever
>>> it actually does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
>>
>> So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
>> always accuses Microsoft software of being.
>>
>> That's priceless.
>
> Only if you don't like Roy.

It's not a zombie. An iframe was injected which made contact with another site.
The issue is now resolved. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that tens
of hundreds of thousands of sites are affected, including Windows ones. I know
this from my Web host. It's chaos and the press publishes a lot of articles
about it at the moment.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 14, 2008, 8:07:44 PM3/14/08
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:56:34 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Linonut on Friday 14 March 2008 17:05 : \____
>
>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
>>> always accuses Microsoft software of being.
>>>
>>> That's priceless.
>>
>> Only if you don't like Roy.
>
> It's not a zombie. An iframe was injected which made contact with another site.
> The issue is now resolved. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that tens
> of hundreds of thousands of sites are affected, including Windows ones. I know
> this from my Web host. It's chaos and the press publishes a lot of articles
> about it at the moment.

You have been reported as a trojan site.
Good luck.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 14, 2008, 9:06:58 PM3/14/08
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:56:34 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Linonut on Friday 14 March 2008 17:05 : \____
>
>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
>>> always accuses Microsoft software of being.
>>>
>>> That's priceless.
>>
>> Only if you don't like Roy.
>
> It's not a zombie. An iframe was injected which made contact with another site.
> The issue is now resolved. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that tens
> of hundreds of thousands of sites are affected, including Windows ones. I know
> this from my Web host. It's chaos and the press publishes a lot of articles
> about it at the moment.

No, of course it's not a Zombie, because that would make you a hypocrite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_computer

"A zombie computer (often shortened as zombie) is a computer attached to
the Internet that has been compromised by a hacker, a computer virus, or a
trojan horse."

Gee, that sounds like what you described that happened.

"Generally, a compromised machine is only one of many in a "botnet""

Wow, didn't you just say there "It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out
that tens of hundreds of thousands of sites are affected"? That seems to
apply too.

"and will be used to perform malicious tasks of one sort or another under
remote direction"

And what was your site doing? Infecting other computers? Boy, I'm
struggling here to understand how your server was not a zombie.

Oh yeah, if it was, it would make you a hyporcite, therefore it can't be.
Right?

Sinister Midget

Mar 14, 2008, 9:08:59 PM3/14/08
On 2008-03-14, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> claimed:

Even if it /is/ an empty one. Roy admitted he knew he had a problem. He
took responsibility, so no points for Der FUDmeister.

If it had been a WinDOS box he could have shifted the blame somewhere
else and the Windummies would have lined up nodding their heads like
bobble dolls.

--
Even the best of friends cannot attend each other's funeral.

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 15, 2008, 12:20:26 AM3/15/08
____/ Sinister Midget on Saturday 15 March 2008 01:08 : \____

The problem is with other sites. My domain had nothing malicious other than a
link that got injected by a hack (already resolved by the way). If there is a
link to report here, it's the 'pinoc' thing, which need to be blocked (already
done, at DNS level).

--
~~ Best of wishes

Programmer: a device to convert coffee beans into code (Paul Erdos slant)

Cpu(s): 25.6%us, 4.0%sy, 1.0%ni, 64.7%id, 4.3%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

Ana Thema

Mar 13, 2008, 8:31:55 PM3/13/08

Ana Thema

Mar 13, 2008, 8:30:45 PM3/13/08

Mark Kent

Mar 17, 2008, 10:30:36 AM3/17/08
[H]omer <sp...@uce.gov> espoused:

> Sinister Midget wrote:
>
>> I don't understand how you can be so willing to make yourself such a
>> reviled fool. Unless you're paid by quantity rather than quality.
>
> Fuddie is definitely getting worse, by quite a margin. Indeed, AFAICS
> /all/ the Trolls seem to be bitching like schoolgirls ATM. The Vole must
> be in deep pain for its minions to be acting with such desperation.

Things do seem to be getting very nasty at the moment.

DFS

Mar 17, 2008, 11:42:50 AM3/17/08
[H]omer wrote:

> Fuddie is definitely getting worse, by quite a margin. Indeed, AFAICS
> /all/ the Trolls seem to be bitching like schoolgirls ATM. The Vole
> must be in deep pain for its minions to be acting with such
> desperation.

*Evil* minions. Don't forget the 'evil' part.

You must have been distracted by the great Windows games and software you're
using, you "free software advocate" you.

Ana Thema

Mar 13, 2008, 8:27:59 PM3/13/08