[Rival] A drinking game for the Vista 7 launch

JeffM

Sep 8, 2009, 10:15:53 PM9/8/09
:One shot every time you reboot during the install.
:One shot every time the system asks to reboot
: just because it feels like it.
:Two shots every time it reboots even though you said “no.”
http://notnews.today.com/2009/09/04/microsoft-arranges-spontaneous-house-parties-for-windows-7-launch/

Roy Schestowitz

Sep 9, 2009, 4:25:57 AM9/9/09

William Poaster

Sep 9, 2009, 6:53:17 AM9/9/09
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:25:57 +0100, above the shrieking & FUDding of the
trolls, Roy Schestowitz was heard to say:

> ____/ JeffM on Wednesday 09 Sep 2009 03:15 : \____
>

>> :One shot every time you reboot during the install.
>> :One shot every time the system asks to reboot
>> : just because it feels like it.

>> :Two shots every time it reboots even though you said ļæ½no.ļæ½
>> http://notnews.today.com/2009/09/04/microsoft-arranges-spontaneous-house-parties-
> for-windows-7-launch/

Hm....but when do you get to shoot the machine?

Roy Schestowitz

Sep 9, 2009, 9:43:13 AM9/9/09

William Poaster

Sep 9, 2009, 9:48:08 AM9/9/09
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 14:43:13 +0100, above the shrieking & FUDding of the

trolls, Roy Schestowitz was heard to say:

> ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 09 Sep 2009 11:53 : \____
>
>> On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:25:57 +0100, above the shrieking & FUDding of the
>> trolls, Roy Schestowitz was heard to say:

>>> ____/ JeffM on Wednesday 09 Sep 2009 03:15 : \____

The best machine for it!

Roy Schestowitz

Sep 11, 2009, 7:40:35 PM9/11/09

____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 09 Sep 2009 14:48 : \____

> On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 14:43:13 +0100, above the shrieking & FUDding of the
> trolls, Roy Schestowitz was heard to say:

JeffM

Sep 14, 2009, 9:47:13 PM9/14/09

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>Nice. My image of Clippy Ribbons is used there. :-)

8-)
Today, Slashdot is running an article about
the ridiculous number of hours it takes to update Windoze to Vista 7.
Posted in the comments is an addendum to the original game:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?lowbandwidth=1&mode=nested&threshold=3&no_d2=1&sid=1367735&cid=29413793#29413793
(Man, I despise the new Web 2.0 layout you get
with the regular, full-bandwidth feed from /. these days.)

If you ratchet down the threshold to 0, you get this jewel:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?lowbandwidth=1&mode=nested&threshold=0&no_d2=1&sid=1367735&cid=29417739
.
.
I don't know what you're using lately,
but your long links are getting broken in the archive:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/1d83da1de19bc447?q=zz+zz+zz+for-windows-7-launch

It also appears you recently started using a line break at ~76.
A break at 72 wouldn't break lines in the archive.

Roy Schestowitz

Sep 15, 2009, 3:04:56 AM9/15/09

JeffM

Sep 15, 2009, 3:50:05 PM9/15/09

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>Yeah, I've found a way around it in KNode. Does it still do that?

Everything looks fine in your response.

Roy Schestowitz

Sep 15, 2009, 5:54:20 PM9/15/09