[News] Vista Downgrades Role of Telnet

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 5, 2007, 5:10:35 PM1/5/07
Vista: Installing the Telnet Client

,----[ Quote ]
| By default, Vista doesn't install the Telnet client. The client
| is for text-based communication with remote systems.
`----

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1793/vista_install_telnet_client

They also dropped UNIX tool last year.

Here's the new package of Vista:

http://firebird2.vox.com/library/photo/6a00c225265481f21900cdf7f180df094f.html

wjbell

Jan 5, 2007, 6:10:52 PM1/5/07
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Vista: Installing the Telnet Client

Marked as off-topic spam, Roy Schestowitz.

Please keep posts on-topic to the charter of this newsgroup; Linux
advocacy. Failing to do so disrupts the group, floods it with off-topic
spam and plays a part in ruining the medium for everyone.

See the comp.os.linux.advocacy charter, section 1.4, at:

"1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other operating
systems.

That single sentence is the one and only charter of
the newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's
charter is for the newsgroup as a place for supporters
of Linux to gather to discuss Linux, for the betterment
of the Linux community and the promotion and development
of Linux. It supports this as a place for those who
would like to learn more about Linux to come to learn
from those who know Linux. It does not call for it to be
a place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in
order to discredit Linux."

Please exercise some newsgroup etiquette, Roy Schestowitz. See:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/posting-rules/part1/

John A. Bailo

Jan 5, 2007, 10:19:30 PM1/5/07
wjbell wrote:

> The newsgroup's
> charter is for the newsgroup as a place for supporters
> of Linux

Are you a supporter of Linux?

Nope.

Then LEAVE.

--
Texeme Construct
updated 1/4 http://john-bailo.blogspot.com/

wjbell

Jan 5, 2007, 10:23:37 PM1/5/07
John A. Bailo wrote:
> wjbell wrote:
>

>> The newsgroup's
>> charter is for the newsgroup as a place for supporters
>> of Linux
>
> Are you a supporter of Linux?
>
> Nope.
>
> Then LEAVE.

I wish to talk about the benefits of it, if that's even possible in this
group anymore.

--
wjbell

Peter K abandon his firewall lie:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e6eaf7e09552e5e2?hl=en

Jim R failing to address the issue after being asked:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ad37ca14a2d7224?hl=en

And of course, Roy Culley -- COLAs loyal hall monitor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=cola+stats&hl=en&as_uauthors=roy+culley
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/578bb2221ad0453c?hl=en

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 6, 2007, 3:25:11 AM1/6/07
wjbell wrote:

> John A. Bailo wrote:
>> wjbell wrote:
>>

>>> The newsgroup's
>>> charter is for the newsgroup as a place for supporters
>>> of Linux
>>
>> Are you a supporter of Linux?
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> Then LEAVE.
>>

> I wish to talk about the benefits of it, if that's even possible in this
> group anymore.

No, you don't
You slag it off at every (perceived by you) opportunity

That's when you're not busy plagiarizing other peoples IP
--
"Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich Schiller

Larry S. Smith

Jan 6, 2007, 4:32:22 AM1/6/07
Roy The Liar wrote:
> Vista: Installing the Telnet Client

*LMFAO*

Terry will be heartbroken.

=========
From: Terry Porter
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ok ok I've added the odd program for her, all from my PC via telnet
, but she doesnt know I'm doing it and just keeps right on using
her PC.
=========

From: Terry Porter
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

I charge friends $100 to install Linux and the apps they want, after
that I admin it for a few months, remotely, then they are on their own.
=========

flatfish+++

Jan 6, 2007, 10:44:57 AM1/6/07

Yep...
And this is the REAL Terry Porter and the found of the "Terry Porter
School of Networking".

See how the Linux zealots try and re-write history?

They have tried to turn Terry Porter into an icon of Linux advocacy but
the real truth is he was an idiot who bumbled around Linux trying to make
it work.