Gooblin is whining about me on his blog?

1 view

DFS

May 18, 2011, 7:34:04 PM5/18/11
"It’s a F’Kin sell out!

I had a funny “debate” the other day with a regular Windows Advocate on
Usenet. It was based around the Kin (you surely remember that?) Anyhow,
the upshot of the persons argument was an apparent resentment to me
calling the Kin a “lifeless brick” which he could not understand
shouldn’t be taken literally. Of course we all remember how few units
Microsoft sold before it was “killed” and this particular Windows
advocate seemed to think that Kin wasn’t doing so bad after all because
they were still selling the Kin devices today (or flogging off surplus
– depending on your viewpoint).

Taking the Windows advocate’s claim at face value though it would appear
Microsoft’s WP7 has even more to worry about – Not only are people
flocking to Android and Apple products, but now Windows Phone 7 has to
compete with people who want to buy a Kin? – Oh dear. Bad times ahead?
or at the very least a Windows Advocate who needs to think through his
advocacy first before he types it. You’ve got to love Microsoft Advocacy
– You can find some fine examples of it in comp.os.linux.advocacy –
Quite why they frequent a Linux group is anyone’s guess."

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/the-week-in-review-%E2%80%93-ending-sunday-15052011/

A few points:

1) Of course I can't understand how 'lifeless brick' shouldn't be taken
literally, when that's literally the exact term you used (minus the quotes).

Somehow, everyone but you knows what lifeless brick means in relation to
an electronic device - dead and dead, not coming back.

2) "flogging off surplus". Got any evidence of that? Didn't think so.

3) I can't find any sales info, but the Kin Two has 668 reviews on this
page:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice&deviceCategoryId=2

Of the 28 'Feature Phones' offered by Verizon on that page, only 10 have
more reviews (LG Octane, LG Cosmos, LG Cosmos Touch, Pantech Crux,
Pantech Jest, Samsung Intensity™ II in Metallic Blue, LG Accolade,
Casio® G'zOne Brigade, Samsung Convoy, Motorola Barrage).

So, using review counts as a proxy for sales, the Kin Two is outselling
17 of the 27 competing models.

4) What kind of moron thinks people looking for a modern smartphone are
going to consider the outdated, limited, less-powerful Kin Two?

5) Why would you label cola a Linux group? It's a Microsoft hate group
- always has been, always will be (because MS will always exist).

6) You've just been beaten down, again.

Kin/ect regards,
DFS

flatfish+++

May 19, 2011, 12:37:35 AM5/19/11

Gooblin doesn't like to be challenged and most certainly doesn't like it
when people interpret his words the way they feel the context and
intention was meant.

IOW he opens his big trap, says something, people have issue with it and
then all of a sudden it's something else that he meant to say.

He is obsessed with this to the point where he mentioned tracking down
someone who misquoted him or something in order to correct the record.

This is obsessive behavior given the context of the situation.

If he were a celebrity, famous writer, TV personality, etc and the
comment was splattered all over the mainstream media, then I could
understand.
But he is a nothing gas bag who blathers on incessantly about an
operating system most people don't give a hoot about.

It's a good thing it wasn't Roy Schestowitz who did the misquoting
because Roy would simply leave the statement in tact and put a strike
line through it rather than be a "man" and remove it.
Something about Google seeding me thinks :)

Anyway, you have him on the ropes squirming like a stuck pig.

Great entertainment!

The both of us should go on his show but why lend an air of credibility?
I'll bet it would be the most listened to show on record.
And that includes the upcoming RMS interview.
Hahahaha!

RMS isn't much fun unless you get to see him while he is presenting.
It's the visual that makes it interesting.
Just don't sit in the front row :)

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

DFS

May 19, 2011, 9:22:40 AM5/19/11
On 5/19/2011 12:37 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:

> Anyway, you have him on the ropes squirming like a stuck pig.

He's really quite a creepy schmo, with his word twisting and trying to
squirm away from what he wrote.

> Great entertainment!
>
> The both of us should go on his show but why lend an air of credibility?
> I'll bet it would be the most listened to show on record.
> And that includes the upcoming RMS interview.
> Hahahaha!
>
> RMS isn't much fun unless you get to see him while he is presenting.
> It's the visual that makes it interesting.
> Just don't sit in the front row :)

hahaha!! Spittle and bits of food flying out of the beard as he rants
against Microsoft and "proprietary code enslaves people!!!"

ugh!

Then he slowly bends over and starts removing his shoes and socks... run
for the exit!

flatfish+++

May 19, 2011, 11:41:01 AM5/19/11
On Thu, 19 May 2011 09:22:40 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 5/19/2011 12:37 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> Anyway, you have him on the ropes squirming like a stuck pig.
>
> He's really quite a creepy schmo, with his word twisting and trying to
> squirm away from what he wrote.

Yep.
That's his operation in a nut shell.
Key word "nut".

>> Great entertainment!
>>
>> The both of us should go on his show but why lend an air of credibility?
>> I'll bet it would be the most listened to show on record.
>> And that includes the upcoming RMS interview.
>> Hahahaha!
>>
>> RMS isn't much fun unless you get to see him while he is presenting.
>> It's the visual that makes it interesting.
>> Just don't sit in the front row :)
>

> hahaha!! Spittle and bits of food flying out of the beard as he rants
> against Microsoft and "proprietary code enslaves people!!!"
>
> ugh!
>
> Then he slowly bends over and starts removing his shoes and socks... run
> for the exit!

Maybe they sell "beard shields" at the door?

You know, kind of like the windscreen I have for my Mustang convertible
only you put it in front of you instead of behind.

http://www.lovethedrive.com/catalog/Mustang/Mustang_2005_to_2010/13?gclid=CLOPpMCt9KgCFUSo4AodelplSw

Goblin

May 19, 2011, 1:22:07 PM5/19/11
You've never "beaten me down" You just like to try and claim that after
the fact.

The Sellout article was written quite a long time ago.

The article that was indirectly about your argument was the more recent one:

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/the-week-in-review-%E2%80%93-ending-sunday-15052011/

The day you are able to "beat me down" DFS, is the day I give up.

Kindest regards

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."

BytesMedia: www.bytesmedia.co.uk

Email: bytes...@googlemail.com

Skype: tim.openbytes
Twitter: twitter.com/_goblin
Identi.ca: identi.ca/openbytes

DFS

May 19, 2011, 2:08:01 PM5/19/11

Then you should've given up already, 'cause I smack you down every time
I choose to: with your lies about the "lifeless brick Kin", and your
lies about "I don't hate Microsoft", and your lies about having a
neutral or balanced viewpoint on operating systems, when you repost a
lie that "The Value of Linux Job Skills Rises 50%", when you sleazily
babble "...are you trying to suggest that you do work for Microsoft?", etc.

Your lies are frequent and ongoing: in Aug 2009 you claimed on cola you
weren't a gamer and Linux users don't waste their time with games. But
over on your blog you were playing and reviewing Linux games well before
and after Aug 2009.

You're a dishonest person, Gooblin.

> Kindest regards

Kin(ect) regards,
DFS

Goblin

May 19, 2011, 3:09:39 PM5/19/11
On 19/05/11 19:08, DFS wrote:
> Then you should've given up already, 'cause I smack you down every time

lol. Then your delusions are far more deep rooted than I once thought.

I am sure in Flatfish eyes you do. As far as reposts are concerned, I
now take responsibility for everything that everyone writes? OK. Thats
the point of discussion, if people disagree, they bring it up with the
author. You can't do that, you tell lies.

As for claims implication of working for Microsoft. Don't be so silly.
Ive never suggested that and infact your friend Flatfish has just
finished his latest IRC stalking exercise quoting text where I say I CAN
criticize because I have never alligned myself with them.

Keep up DFS, Keep up. As I say the day you beat me down on anything is
the day I give up. Thats why I have a net presence and people coming on
my audiocast to be interviewed. Thats why people like you just have
your lies and vulgarity in COLA.

You say:

"Aug 2009 you claimed on cola you weren't a gamer and Linux users don't
waste their time with games"

- You really do take your trolling seriously dont you?

although I never said Linux users don't waste their time with games...
I'm not a gamer as I don't consider myself a regular enough player or
one to take gaming seriously. I recently posted about the PSN being
down and be being too busy anyway.....So no, I'm not a gamer, I do enjoy
a game now and then, but I can take it or leave it.

Good try.

Best of British.

chrisv

May 19, 2011, 3:16:33 PM5/19/11
Goblin wrote:

>I am sure in Flatfish eyes you do.

Being a shameless liar and asshole will get you invited to the
Wintroll circle-jerks.

DFS

May 19, 2011, 4:47:27 PM5/19/11
On 5/19/2011 3:09 PM, Goblin wrote:
> On 19/05/11 19:08, DFS wrote:
>> Then you should've given up already, 'cause I smack you down every time
>
> lol. Then your delusions are far more deep rooted than I once thought.
>
> I am sure in Flatfish eyes you do. As far as reposts are concerned, I
> now take responsibility for everything that everyone writes?

Are you now claiming you disagree with the article you posted:

"The Value of Linux Job Skills Rises 50%"

So why did you post it in the first place?

I have to say, that thread yielded a few good things:

1) it proved again you're an idiot

2) it proved Homer was an idiot when he came behind you, sniffing and
sucking up and trying to support the lying bullshit

3) cola "advocate" (p)Rick revealed he lived in a double-wide trailer.

> OK. Thats
> the point of discussion, if people disagree, they bring it up with the
> author. You can't do that, you tell lies.
>
> As for claims implication of working for Microsoft. Don't be so silly.
> Ive never suggested that

Another lie on your part. You suggested it directly to me, about me,
several times.

"...if you had the savvy to actually be working for Microsoft..."

"...are you trying to suggest that you do work for Microsoft?"

"...if you are trying to suggest you do work for [Microsoft]..."

And you flat-out claimed Mr. Majestic (who was probably flattie) worked
for Microsoft: "Just because Xmas has been cancelled at Redmond is that
any reason to take it out on COLA?"

"You work for Microsoft" is one of the many trite and overused and
unimaginative cliches the "advocates" sling around, because they're so
dull they can't imagine anyone disliking Linux that isn't a Microsoft
employee. It's absurd, and you're absurd.

> and infact your friend Flatfish has just
> finished his latest IRC stalking exercise quoting text where I say I CAN
> criticize because I have never alligned myself with them.
>
> Keep up DFS, Keep up. As I say the day you beat me down on anything is
> the day I give up.

Another lie on your part. I've beaten you down over and over and over,
and you haven't given up.

> Thats why I have a net presence and people coming on
> my audiocast to be interviewed.

You seem proud of your blog full of MS-hate and lies. Why?

And you seem proud of the people you've interviewed. Why?

> Thats why people like you just have your
> lies and vulgarity in COLA.

Which lie are you talking about?

Just one will do, but feel free to post as many lies as you think I made.

> You say:
>
> "Aug 2009 you claimed on cola you weren't a gamer and Linux users don't
> waste their time with games"
>
> - You really do take your trolling seriously dont you?
>
> although I never said Linux users don't waste their time with games...

Another lie on your part:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0ff0dde0c1dbf659?hl=en

You may think you left yourself an out because you said "Could it be
that Linux users don't waste time with games...", but it's still a lie.

> I'm not a gamer as I don't consider myself a regular enough player or
> one to take gaming seriously. I recently posted about the PSN being down
> and be being too busy anyway.....So no, I'm not a gamer, I do enjoy a
> game now and then, but I can take it or leave it.

And on and on go the lies. You posted a game review on your blog two
days ago.

> Good try.

There's no trying about it. You made several more lies in this post.

You're fundamentally a dishonest person.

> Best of British.

Kinect regards and Best of Win7

Goblin

May 19, 2011, 7:08:23 PM5/19/11
On 19/05/11 21:47, DFS wrote:
> "You work for Microsoft" is one of the many trite and overused and
> unimaginative cliches the "advocates" sling around, because they're so
> dull they can't imagine anyone disliking Linux that isn't a Microsoft
> employee. It's absurd, and you're absurd.

And its why I only say it when faced with either a confession or proof.

I seem to remember saying a while back that I didn't think you worked
for Microsoft, since I didn't think they would pay for the rubbish you
posted.

That can only mean you do so for pleasure....thats worse in my book as
Ive often said it would be a less bitter pill to swallow if the trolls
here were infact paid by Microsoft....the alternative is like you and
thats worrying.

You can't even stay truthful in your latest comment. Let me quote
myself from days ago:

"Can any reader honestly say that when they see a piece of pro-Microsoft
literature, they don’t sit and think “hmm, sounds a little suspicious to
me….” – Thats a shame, I think theres some honest people who will be
labeled dishonest because of the actions of others."

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/the-week-in-review-%E2%80%93-ending-sunday-15052011/

Quote "Which lie are you talking about?"

Well for starters the suggestion that someone who works at your vulgar
level could in any way win any argument, let alone with me. The threads
speak for themselves. You are the one reverting to infantile behaviour,
I don't need to.

I'll leave it there for now DFS. Fancy commenting then on the
observation about your view on the above article? Are you now saying
WP7 is competing with the Kin as well as Android and Apple?

DFS, learn to think before you type....actually....don't - keep going
the way you do, you occasionally make for humorous quoting material.

Tattoo Vampire

May 19, 2011, 11:37:28 PM5/19/11
chrisv wrote:

> Being a shameless liar and asshole will get you invited to the Wintroll
> circle-jerks.

Where every week they fight over whose turn it is to be the pivot man.