Social problems of lisp

TheLifter

Nov 6, 2006, 7:38:55 PM11/6/06
Well, adding

to the social problems of lisp
http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/
here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):

No comments:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/3c4248c5e3e629c9

Search for "Idiot":
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/fbff74da96d5b5fd

This one has nice ASCII art:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/9eecf33d31cd2228

A later explanation by the above "artist":
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/c325536befccaccb

Peace, TheLifter.

Jon Harrop

Nov 6, 2006, 7:55:39 PM11/6/06
TheLifter wrote:
> Well, adding

ROTFL. Great links! :-)

Objective CAML for Scientists

Ken Tilton

Nov 6, 2006, 8:20:25 PM11/6/06

Well, you certainly are not at peace, and that is too bad. You must be
really upset to have made a blog and attacks individuals by name. Not
that making a blog is that hard, but still. Me, I try not to confuse
Usenet with reality. I think that attitude is important if one wants to
hang out here. Hope you feel better soon, and you might watch what you
put in a blog in terms of personal abuse, especially the people (well, I
saw one, at least) who are perfect gentlemen and have done nothing to
harm, sully, or flame anyone. The legal risk is small, the harm to your
karma and peace of mind is certain.

hth, kt

Lars Rune Nøstdal

Nov 6, 2006, 8:42:05 PM11/6/06
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:38:55 -0800, TheLifter wrote:

> Well, adding
>
> to the social problems of lisp
> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/

Whoooaah, interesting! Can you add me too? "You're a retarded idiot!".
There - now .. add me to your list! At least I post with my real name.

> here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):
>
> No comments:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/3c4248c5e3e629c9

You know what? I agree.

Yes, Kaz summarizes it nicely with:

"Lisp is a language that works nicely, for non-whining, non-loser, non-idiots
who work for a living."

..and I agree.

Yeah, it sure does; and it's from someone who has produced some very nice
stuff with Lisp.

> A later explanation by the above "artist":
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/c325536befccaccb

You're a liar and a slimy "twister" of the real context or issue at hand;
a classic troll. You say you do not need to have experience to come to
(correct; duh) conclusions - you are either an idiot, a troll or both.

It would be fun to add you to some list too. Do you have - uhm, you know,
a real name?

Well ok, so anyway -- what are you trying to achieve here? You have
failed at learning Lisp since you've made these posts - and now you're
back here wasting your time in an even more "direct" way? This is -- what?

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://lars.nostdal.org/

grackle

Nov 6, 2006, 10:29:05 PM11/6/06
Feeding trolls is a social problem of Lisp? That's a social problem of
the internet at large.

I would venture to guess that the point of answering a troll on
comp.lang.lisp, if there is any, is so open-minded people will not get
a bad idea of Lisp from unanswered lies. Answering trolls with abuse
is self-defeating, then. But Lispers are hardly the only people who
get successfully trolled.

Ken Tilton

Nov 6, 2006, 11:14:21 PM11/6/06

grackle wrote:
> Feeding trolls is a social problem of Lisp? That's a social problem of
> the internet at large.
>
> I would venture to guess that the point of answering a troll on

> comp.lang.lisp, if there is any, ...

Hello? Exercise for the hounds? But T. Lifter seems in need more of
compassion than savagery.

Pascal Costanza

Nov 7, 2006, 3:07:41 AM11/7/06
TheLifter wrote:
> Well, adding
>
> to the social problems of lisp
> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/
> here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):

Ah, you have started a list of people from whom I have learned quite a
lot in the past. That's nice of you. I hope you can complete this list
quite soon.

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net

Kjetil S. Matheussen

Nov 7, 2006, 3:19:07 AM11/7/06

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Pascal Costanza wrote:

> TheLifter wrote:
>> Well, adding
>>
>> to the social problems of lisp
>> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/
>> here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):
>
> Ah, you have started a list of people from whom I have learned quite a lot in
> the past. That's nice of you. I hope you can complete this list quite soon.

Why do you all seems to think that "TheLifter" is the one behind the
social-problems.. blog?

(I don't sympathise with either, I just want to clear up a
strange misunderstanding)

Pascal Costanza

Nov 7, 2006, 3:26:41 AM11/7/06
Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Pascal Costanza wrote:
>
>> TheLifter wrote:
>>> Well, adding
>>>
>>> to the social problems of lisp
>>> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/
>>> here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):
>>
>> Ah, you have started a list of people from whom I have learned quite a
>> lot in the past. That's nice of you. I hope you can complete this list
>> quite soon.
>
> Why do you all seems to think that "TheLifter" is the one behind the
> social-problems.. blog?

Does it matter?

Kjetil S. Matheussen

Nov 7, 2006, 3:29:03 AM11/7/06

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Pascal Costanza wrote:

> Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

>> > Ah, you have started a list of people from whom I have learned quite a
>> > lot in the past. That's nice of you. I hope you can complete this list
>> > quite soon.
>>
>> Why do you all seems to think that "TheLifter" is the one behind the
>> social-problems.. blog?
>
> Does it matter?

Nah, you never know. Perhaps they are the same...

David Steuber

Nov 7, 2006, 3:31:00 AM11/7/06
"TheLifter" <thel...@gmx.net> writes:

> Well, adding
>
> to the social problems of lisp
> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/
> here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):

What's the point?

No one is wasting their time or money on Lisp. No one. I admit that
I've been guilty of language advocacy on usenet in the past. But you
know what? I wasn't doing anything more useful with my time. And
complaining about social issues is no more productive.

Why bother?

I have plenty of more fun things to waste my time on when I'm not
programming in either Lisp or the required language of my employer or
client.

--
This post uses 100% post consumer electrons and 100% virgin photons.

At 2.6 miles per minute, you don't really have time to get bored.
--- Pete Roehling on rec.motorcycles

I bump into a lot of veteran riders in my travels.
--- David Hough: Proficient Motorcycling

Ken Tilton

Nov 7, 2006, 8:06:57 AM11/7/06

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Pascal Costanza wrote:
>
>> TheLifter wrote:
>>
>>> Well, adding
>>>
>>> to the social problems of lisp
>>> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/
>>> here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):
>>

>> Ah, you have started a list of people from whom I have learned quite a
>> lot in the past. That's nice of you. I hope you can complete this list
>> quite soon.
>>

> Why do you all seems to think that "TheLifter" is the one behind the
> social-problems.. blog?

Ooooooops. :)

Joe Marshall

Nov 7, 2006, 12:24:07 PM11/7/06
I didn't even get an honorable mention.

Dmitry V. Gorbatovsky

Nov 7, 2006, 12:37:04 PM11/7/06
TheLifter wrote:

Well, nobody perfect,
but I strongly disagree with generality of this "critique".
In contrary I find Lisp community most cheering and welcoming.

Dmitry

Ken Tilton

Nov 7, 2006, 12:46:39 PM11/7/06

Joe Marshall wrote:
> I didn't even get an honorable mention.

Hello? Ever wonder why you are so thin? Not eating enough noobs.

<burp>

hth, kt

Thomas Lindgren

Nov 7, 2006, 3:55:09 PM11/7/06

"TheLifter" <thel...@gmx.net> writes:

> Well, adding
>
> to the social problems of lisp
> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/
> here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):

Dear Sir,

Please add me to your list. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
--
Thomas Lindgren

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

arnuld

Nov 8, 2006, 8:39:27 AM11/8/06
> Well, adding
>
> to the social problems of lisp
> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/
> here is my small list(lambda are you reading this?):

[SNIP]

> A later explanation by the above "artist":
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/c325536befccaccb
>
> Peace, TheLifter.

i am a newbie & i dont deserve a place in your list :-(

dont worry, i will work hard to get there a place :-)

fireblade

Nov 8, 2006, 9:47:04 AM11/8/06
One question about you Mr Lifter? Did you ever wrote any code/library
that is usefull
to the lisp world in any way ? ( Making someones life easier, promoting
Lisp via
some product, demonstrating Lisp (special) abilities, teaching
purposes etc ).
About anything will do ?
If answer is yes please post a link here because I'm eager to see it.
Else shut the f*ch up and stop insulting people by name who really
care.

Slobodan Blazeski

P.S.
You can add me to your stupid list prick , i would be honoured to be
in such company.
If you have personal problem with anyone there's something called email

arnuld

Nov 8, 2006, 10:25:44 AM11/8/06
> fireblade wrote:
> One question about you Mr Lifter? Did you ever wrote any code/library
> that is usefull
> to the lisp world in any way ? ( Making someones life easier, promoting
> Lisp via
> some product, demonstrating Lisp (special) abilities, teaching
> purposes etc ).

now that is Hacker ethic :-)

> P.S.
> You can add me to your stupid list prick , i would be honoured to be
> in such company.

hey me too....

> If you have personal problem with anyone there's something called email

Haaa.....Haaa......Haaaa........ ;-)

Kaz Kylheku

Nov 9, 2006, 1:06:53 AM11/9/06
TheLifter wrote:
> Well, adding
>
> to the social problems of lisp
> http://social-problems-of-lisp.blogspot.com/

Ironically speaking, what are the odds that the maintainer of this blog
is one of those creepy loners who habitually fail at everything, and
who go through their entire lives never knowing a woman?

TheLifter

Nov 9, 2006, 2:07:23 AM11/9/06
Lars Rune Nøstdal escreveu:

> It would be fun to add you to some list too. Do you have - uhm, you know,
> a real name?

Yes I have, but considering my experience with usenet and other forums
I'm glad that I don't use it.

Hmmm, if I were you I wouldn't be so rash, let me see, you have
provided quite a bit of information about yourself at your website:

Your email is larsnostdal at gmail.com
I understand that it can be funny to flame others, but let me ask you a
question, how would you feel about being at the receiving end? :)
I think this could be healthy to someone like you; maybe this would
lead to more respect?

Have fun! :)

TheLifter

Nov 9, 2006, 2:14:59 AM11/9/06
Ken Tilton escreveu:

> Well, you certainly are not at peace, and that is too bad. You must be

Ken,

you are wrong, I'm at peace. Others seem not to be, judging from the
reactions generated by my posting and by the swearwords used. Some
might lose their peace shortly, read this to understand why:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/b2c42c073f3ec6d6

> really upset to have made a blog and attacks individuals by name. Not
> that making a blog is that hard, but still. Me, I try not to confuse

Well, I'm not the owner of that blog.

You seem to be a nice person, I think you are qualified to become
ambassador of comp.lang.lisp.

Peace!

Lars Rune Nøstdal

Nov 9, 2006, 4:03:11 AM11/9/06
On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 23:07:23 -0800, TheLifter wrote:

> I understand that it can be fun to flame others, but let me ask you a

> question, how would you feel about being at the receiving end?

Don't worry; I've been there many times. Most flames contain two things at
the same time. The burning part helps one remember the message part
better; it's all good.

> I think this could be healthy to someone like you; maybe this would lead
> to more respect?

Respect for what?

> Have fun! :)

Why? :}

Lars Rune Nøstdal

Nov 9, 2006, 4:07:52 AM11/9/06
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:03:11 +0100, Lars Rune Nøstdal wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 23:07:23 -0800, TheLifter wrote:
>
>> I understand that it can be fun to flame others, but let me ask you a
>> question, how would you feel about being at the receiving end?
>
> Don't worry; I've been there many times. Most flames contain two things at
> the same time. The burning part helps one remember the message part
> better; it's all good.
>
>> I think this could be healthy to someone like you; maybe this would lead
>> to more respect?
>
> Respect for what?

Maybe you are like this guy:
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm